Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Your favorite little rules, quirks, and silly little things

So I'm a DM, and one of my rules is that any time someone makes a monty python reference, a swallow will fly in and poop on their head. I also gave permission for one of my PC's, a druid, to turn into a bear without using a wild shape use, only to smack (for non-lethal damage) anyone making a reference to the election.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Your favorite little rules, quirks, and silly little things

Anyone mentioning the Presidential election is shunted into an alternate reality where terminator's and predators stalk people.

Good luck.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    I also gave permission for one of my PC's, a druid, to turn into a bear without using a wild shape use, only to smack (for non-lethal damage) anyone making a reference to the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkSpray View Post
    Anyone mentioning the Presidential election is shunted into an alternate reality where terminator's and predators stalk people.

Good luck.
    Damn, I could have used either of those a month ago.

Only really the two - since we play next to a washer-dryer if its running there's a heavy storm in-game through the duration, and if the cat is on the table it counts as a bonus for dexterity and wisdom checks.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

You can use any number of words in a sending spell as long as they're formed into a valid sonnet.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

When a player can't make a session, a dragon swoops down and carries their PC away for a tea party, not returning them until the player is back.

So far, this rule has spontaneously created dragons in a random forest, underground, hundreds of feet underwater and on other planes.
    Have you had enough of unreasonably high LA's and unplayable monsters in 3.5? Then check out the LA-assignment thread! Don't hesitate to give feedback!

Extended signature!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

My daughter's first character- a druid- had a trashcan connected to Hammerspace into which she swept the bodies of slain foes after combat, to keep "nature" (i.e. the dungeon) unpolluted.

This was her "in universe" explanation for where the "bodies" went after I would clear the minis from the playmat.
    Last edited by Batou1976; 2016-11-06 at 02:42 AM. Reason: st00pid monkey >:\
    Mean People Suck

The Lord of the Rings is not a trilogy, because words mean what they mean, and cannot be arbitrarily redefined just because you're lazy and/or careless. Or, put another way: Infer we shoe to gobble the blueberry jazz musician? Spleen! Water crackers pontificate when sebum roasts merrily for the lagoon.

You can either roll a DIE (singular), or multiple DICE (plural).

Association for Renaissance Martial Arts

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    You can use any number of words in a sending spell as long as they're formed into a valid sonnet.
    That, is an excellent rule.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Any particular form of sonnet, or are they all valid?
    What time is it?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannoneer View Post
    Any particular form of sonnet, or are they all valid?
    All of the valid forms are valid.

There are infinite varieties of invalid forms which will not be valid. Those are how demons communicate: one invalid sonnet form for each layer of the Abyss.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

A few I've seen or done over the years...

#1 [WoD] - You get 1 Lethal Damage if you pull a blade out of your bra or thong.

#2 [WoD] - Anyone going around with a black trenchcoat and shades on will be accosted by a Man In Black who will greet the PC with the line 'Hello, Mr/Miss Anderson' and open fire with a pistol. Regardless of location.

#3 [WoD] - Anyone who says the line 'oh my god, we killed X' will hearby have the wraith of said dead person haunt them for the rest of the session.

#4 [Any] - Over-quoting of The Simpsons will result in the PC repeatedly treading on mislaid rakes a la Sideshow Bob for the rest of the session.

#5 [WoD] - Any vampire player who thinks the world comprises of strip-clubs and brothels will be thwarted by only finding furniture showrooms / stationery stores / garden centres to hunt in for the rest of the session.

#6 [Any] - Anyone who says 'it's quiet... too quiet' will discover they've actually gone temporarily deaf.

#7 [Any] - Anyone who bores the rest of the group with stupid war stories will have their PC accosted by an NPC who's furious that the PC left them to die on a mission and won't quit yelling about how cowardly and incompetent they are.

#8 [D&D] - Any PC who attempts to flirt their way through everything will find that they've now got a highly unsuitable and annoying suitor stalking them for the rest of the session. One which is way too powerful for them to kill.

#9 [D&D] - Any PC who puts *everything* in their Bag of Holding will discover the other PC's have actually been using said bag as a litterbin / toilet too. Or discovers a thief stole a few of their choice items and replaced them with wooden blocks.
    Shameless plug for my pbp forum: http://eabn.forumotion.co.uk/
    Got a pbp VtM game forum? PM me, please.

'This is my truth, tell me yours.' - Nye Bevan

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Anyone quoting Monty Python and the Holy grail is immediately affected by the following effects, depending on quote:
    dropped to 1 hp. After all, it's only a flesh wound.
    "It's only a model" Combine Shrink Person and Flesh to Stone.
    "Ni!" or a reference to a Shrubber Temporarily transformed into a Shrubbery.
    Any reference to a wooden badger results in an attack by a Badger with the Barkskin effect
    "I don't want to go on the cart" (you don't want to know the penalty)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssal Keeper View Post
    Please do not lick members of the committee, thank you.