New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Orc in the Playground
    Default Re: Got any Dice Questions?

Is there any location in which you update regulary with dice you are seeking? <Other then ones that you do not own obviously >

If not, are there any must have dice that you are looking for right now?

2. - Top - End - #542
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by olelia View Post
    Is there any location in which you update regulary with dice you are seeking? <Other then ones that you do not own obviously >
    Yes .. the 'Wanted' section is one of the main links on my site's main page

If not, are there any must have dice that you are looking for right now?
    Actually there is .. I want a set of the original D&D dice ... not the Pink and White d20's ... Blue D12 etc ... But the all PINK set .. sometimes referred to as the bubble gum set

3. - Top - End - #543
    Pixie in the Playground

What is the going price for the Armory Megatube magic mana symbol dice? I just came into possession of some original unopened (thought shelf worn) tubes of these. Took me a while to figure out what they were. Now I know that they're sought after, but can't figure out what asking price is reasonable for them.

Any assistance you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark

(waits for people saying "I'll take them off your hands, you don't want them" ;-)

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    getting stuck as the friction of the drill heats up and melts the inside of the die which then hardens when it stops, sealing the bit in, and often resulting in a broken bit and a whole lot of frustration
    Try spinning the drill slower. Also use a smoother bit: carbide instead of brass or stainless.

5. - Top - End - #545

Quote Originally Posted by TheOfficeTroll View Post
    What is the going price for the Armory Megatube magic mana symbol dice? I just came into possession of some original unopened (thought shelf worn) tubes of these. Took me a while to figure out what they were. Now I know that they're sought after, but can't figure out what asking price is reasonable for them.

Any assistance you could provide would be appreciated.
    "I'll take them off your hands, you don't want them"

Truth ... I have seen them vary widely in price ...

I recently came across a cache of them and paid $1 each

I bought a megatube about a year ago .. for $10

But then I have seen them sell for $5 a die before

Let me know if you would like for me to take them off of your hands

How many BTW? (you can PM or email me direct if you like)

Last edited by Kevin_Cook; 2011-10-20 at 01:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

A few questions:

A while back, a friend of mine gave me an old D30, and I've been trying to find out more about it (what companies made them, where they're used, what the value of it is, etc.) Unfortunately, this one has a crack on one of the corners, looks like someone stepped on it, and I've been thinking of getting a replacement. How would I best go about looking for one, what would be a good price, and is it worth the hassle? Pic below for reference:
    Spoiler
    Show

Secondly, my father used to play AD&D 1st ed. and I happen to have a few of his dice, including a pair of 20-sided D10s. From what I can tell, they were made to be used as D10, D%, or D20's, but I was wondering if you could shed some more light on them. Pic below for reference:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lastly, I was looking into the Crystal Dice from Crystal Caste. What is your opinion on these? Are they better than normal polys, worse, or about the same when it comes to gameplay? Are they equally random? Or would they just be an oddity to use as a conversation piece?
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

7. - Top - End - #547

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    A few questions:

A while back, a friend of mine gave me an old D30, and I've been trying to find out more about it (what companies made them, where they're used, what the value of it is, etc.) Unfortunately, this one has a crack on one of the corners, looks like someone stepped on it, and I've been thinking of getting a replacement. How would I best go about looking for one, what would be a good price, and is it worth the hassle? Pic below for reference:
    [SPOILER]
    That die is an Armory D30

and it looks like it is not actually cracked .. it looks like a bad clip mark from the sprue

Unfortunately The Armory has been out of the dice business since the '80s ... but there are several places that still have these

I know that Noble Knight used to .. as well as Gamestation

Secondly, my father used to play AD&D 1st ed. and I happen to have a few of his dice, including a pair of 20-sided D10s. From what I can tell, they were made to be used as D10, D%, or D20's, but I was wondering if you could shed some more light on them. Pic below for reference:
    [SPOILER]
    These are likely Gamescience or one of the companies who copied them

Lastly, I was looking into the Crystal Dice from Crystal Caste. What is your opinion on these? Are they better than normal polys, worse, or about the same when it comes to gameplay? Are they equally random? Or would they just be an oddity to use as a conversation piece?
    They roll about as true as any other commercially made die ... my problem with them is .. I am getting old .. and I cant read the numbers easily anymore :(

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.
    Yep .. 17 hits

8. - Top - End - #548

If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Please ignore this post

The biggest thing this month is the

Click on the Shapeways artist Charlie8th's Tree Year die above for highlights of dice added in October 2011
    Last edited by Kevin_Cook; 2011-11-04 at 06:18 PM. Reason: October 2011 Highlights

9. - Top - End - #549
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

What is the oldest die that you have?
    Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons my friend. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

The way to a dwarf's heart is through his liver.

10. - Top - End - #550

Quote Originally Posted by Templarkommando View Post
    What is the oldest die that you have?

Chances are ... this one

Last edited by Kevin_Cook; 2011-11-04 at 08:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Cook View Post

Chances are ... this one

How old are they? It says Persian bronze, does that mean they are made of bronze and/or from the bronze age?
    Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons my friend. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

The way to a dwarf's heart is through his liver.

12. - Top - End - #552

Quote Originally Posted by Templarkommando View Post
    How old are they? It says Persian bronze, does that mean they are made of bronze and/or from the bronze age?
    They are bronze and thought to be from the 2nd century

I purposely stay away from most 'ancient' dice (and there are tons of them on ebay) ... mostly because they are expensive ... and I really cannot validate the age
    Last edited by Kevin_Cook; 2012-01-03 at 02:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I laughed hard when stumbleupon took me to here and I thought for like a minutes...this name seems really, really familiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

14. - Top - End - #554

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    I laughed hard when stumbleupon took me to here and I thought for like a minutes...this name seems really, really familiar.
    LOL ... I dont know if you can see the submissions for this ... People just dont seem to be able to understand what I am looking for .. One was a pink set of Koplow dice ... the other was a pound of Chessex dice .. like I cant buy their dice by the ton ... literally

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lol, it seems logically put together for what you want, I guess people got greedy seeing $50 for a set of dice.
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello,

I don't know if this question came up already but, since you have such a great collection, I believe you got some dice from rare materials, like the one out of meteroid.
    But I am looking for a D20(or a set of dice) out of Obsidian (for myself) and maybe one out of Olivin or Epidot (for my girlfriend).

Do you know a good manufacturer?

Do you know an average price?

Do you have some experience in the manufracture of certain mineral structures? (e.g. good mirals to make dice or not so good?)

Would it be more expensive to have a symbol instead of a 1 or 20?

And! Have you looked for DSA (Das Schwarze Auge) Dice? If I recollect it right they made some.

Hope you respond soon.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=7
    Dwarven stone is pretty good company, and they list them at about 30, currently on sale for 24. Probably going to be the most accurate average until he who owns too many dice shows up.

18. - Top - End - #558

Lol, it seems logically put together for what you want, I guess people got greedy seeing $50 for a set of dice.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    Hello,

I don't know if this question came up already but, since you have such a great collection, I believe you got some dice from rare materials, like the one out of meteroid.
    But I am looking for a D20(or a set of dice) out of Obsidian (for myself) and maybe one out of Olivin or Epidot (for my girlfriend).

Do you know a good manufacturer?

Do you know an average price?
    Crystal Caste (Dwaven Stones) have Obsidian ... as to current price .. I would check with them

Do you have some experience in the manufracture of certain mineral structures? (e.g. good mirals to make dice or not so good?)

Would it be more expensive to have a symbol instead of a 1 or 20?

And! Have you looked for DSA (Das Schwarze Auge) Dice? If I recollect it right they made some.

Hope you respond soon.
    I do not have much experience in the area of manufacturing stone dice :( ... TRUTH .. the best people to speak to is Crystal Caste as the owner of the company's brother is a geologist

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=7
    Dwarven stone is pretty good company, and they list them at about 30, currently on sale for 24. Probably going to be the most accurate average until he who owns too many dice shows up.
    JFYI .. the company isnt Dwarven Stone .. that is the style of die .. the company is Crystal Caste

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm ok, the "website" seems to be good, their dice look good (if you even can see them with that small pictures...) but do you have a e-mail address I could contact? They seem to make good dice, but don't have what I sought.

I would like to get a d20 out of Obsidian (standard is 14, I think?) with a light green (to limegreen) or bright purple for the numbers.

This is the dice I would like to get and to wear as a necklace.

Hope you can help me.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

20. - Top - End - #560

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    Hmm ok, the "website" seems to be good, their dice look good (if you even can see them with that small pictures...) but do you have a e-mail address I could contact? They seem to make good dice, but don't have what I sought.

I would like to get a d20 out of Obsidian (standard is 14, I think?) with a light green (to limegreen) or bright purple for the numbers.

This is the dice I would like to get and to wear as a necklace.

Hope you can help me.

The page that I showed is not Crystal Caste's .. it is mine .. if you want to see a larger image .. click on the thumbnail .. if you wish to contact Crystal Caste .. click on the logo at the top of my page and goto their website

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

The page that I showed is not Crystal Caste's .. it is mine .. if you want to see a larger image .. click on the thumbnail .. if you wish to contact Crystal Caste .. click on the logo at the top of my page and goto their website
    I actually did that. And searched the mentioned Obsidian dice, they look good but sadly exactly like 2 poly d20 I've already got.
    Somehow I can't find an Impressum or something like this on their site but my Browser crashes when I try to use anything except the left click bar. (On my work pc it seems to work...).

But I got the e-mail address now.

Thank you again for your advice.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

Whare does the word die come from?

A friend of mine suggested that the prefix "di" meant "two" and suggested that a coin has 2 sides and can be flipped for a random result like a die.

Is there a relationship?
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Guy View Post
    Whare does the word die come from?

A friend of mine suggested that the prefix "di" meant "two" and suggested that a coin has 2 sides and can be flipped for a random result like a die.

Is there a relationship?
    No, the words are unrelated. "Die" comes from Middle English "dy"/"dys" from Old French "deys" and medieval Latin "decius" all the way back to Latin "datum", that which is given, presumably by Fortune.

All the above from the Oxford English Dictionary.
    Last edited by Jay R; 2011-11-22 at 02:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

JFYI .. the company isnt Dwarven Stone .. that is the style of die .. the company is Crystal Caste
    Bleh I mixed up the name of those dice with Dwarven forge, the miniature maker.

25. - Top - End - #565

Default November 2011 Highlights

If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Please ignore this post

Click on the Hand Painted Q-Workshop Forrest dice above for highlights of dice added in October 2011

26. - Top - End - #566

How would you recommend inking dice? I bought a pound of uninked GameScience dice, but I'm having trouble getting something that will stay in the grooves but not stain the rest of the dice.

27. - Top - End - #567

Quote Originally Posted by RndmNumGen View Post
    How would you recommend inking dice? I bought a pound of uninked GameScience dice, but I'm having trouble getting something that will stay in the grooves but not stain the rest of the dice.
    I recommend using Paint Pens

28. - Top - End - #568
    Pixie in the Playground

I've been looking into getting a set of the Crystal Caste Dwarven Dice. Before I do, I wanted to know I'd like to find out a bit about their randomness.

Do you or does anyone here know whether these are cast or machined? How accurate are they?

Any info would be appreciated.

29. - Top - End - #569

Quote Originally Posted by Lipogram View Post
    I've been looking into getting a set of the Crystal Caste Dwarven Dice. Before I do, I wanted to know I'd like to find out a bit about their randomness.

Do you or does anyone here know whether these are cast or machined? How accurate are they?

Any info would be appreciated.
    They are neither cast or machined .. they are hand cut .. as they are made from stone ... as such .. they are mass produced ... so they will have variance in the accuracy ... Truly .. these are not meant for full time gaming use ... as they are cut stone
    Last edited by Kevin_Cook; 2012-01-03 at 02:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Pixie in the Playground

They are neither cast or machined .. they are hand cut .. as they are made from stone ... as such .. they are mass produced ... so they will have variance in the accuracy ... Truly .. these are not meant for full time gaming use ... as they are cut stone
    I misspoke. I'm asking about the steel Dwarven Dice not the stone ones.

Best,
    L