Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 55 of 55
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lokyar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Stepping back into the room with the others the flames around Sazel's form flickered out. "Another room, more doors, some levers. Without context I couldn't really say if that's good or bad. So I suppose that means scouting continues. "

    Walking over to the eastern door Sazel looked over his shoulder towards Martin. "Oh, and the practice is called engineering. It is to windmills what a swordmaster is to a boy with a pig-iron blade. With proper setup it can accomplish feats normally requiring a powerful spellcaster on a continual basis, or make a grueling physical task inconsequential."

    Erupting in flames once more he stepped through the next door to see how it compared to the previous one.



    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Repeating the same process with the other door. If for some reason there's suddenly no floor I should mentioned that I have a stance to grant flight, and I would switch to it the moment gravity turns against me.

    And since the campaign Sazel originated in had minor aspects of more industrialized concepts, and I have a +6 modifier in Knowledge Engineering(as well as in most knowledge skills) I'm going with 'passingly familiar'.
    Last edited by Lokyar; 2016-11-24 at 09:19 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jan 2016

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    While one of them scouts the other door, Martin gets closer to the one with the symbol of the infinite. While he may not know much about self-moving mechanisms, the Knight of Sparrows has some skill with traps, springs and locks... He estudies the door and the symbol carefully, his fingers tracing the form of the snake.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    I'm gonna go search for some mechanism to open the door... (1d20+15)[21]
    Also, I have knowledge Martial, Nobility and Local in case any is related to this symbol... Which I doubt

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Sazel yet again turns to the ethereal and attempts to go through the door with the hourglass, again the air feels sticky and uncomfortable as he moves. As Sazel moves through the door he is met by a mouthfull of... sand? This room is filled with sand and dust that seems to even infulence that of the ethereal. After shaking off the initial mouthful Sazel sees that the room is a large hall with large buckets moving high above and tons of sand filling the hourglasses that is lined up on each side of the wall. Large man-like machinery is seen wandering full of purpose across the floor moving the full hourglasses to a platform, and from that platform it dissapears into a shaft. The machines move thus a empty hourglass back into the previous' place and it start filling with sand.

    There is about two of these large machines, acompanied by a few smaller man-like machines and some smaller spider-like contraptions. A third inactive large machine can be seen by the wall overseen by some of the smaller ones.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The room is about 60x120x40ft wide/long/height.
    Total numbers is about 3 Large, 7 Medium, and 5 Small.
    The room is well lit, the source is all of the sand, it have a rather golden glow to it.


    While Sazel moves over to the hourglass door Martin takes a particular interest to the Infinite Serpent door, the symbol on the door seems familiar though it could be just a convencidence that it shares the similarity to a symbol back home, though it was of ribbons rather than a serpent. Could it be that he had seen it in one of the old mansions of the Swans back home? Martins memory fails him as he tries to recall which one.

    Martin then look over the door in front of him trying to open it, he did not find a handle for the door so already that in itself made this door strange. However there is a lever to the side that could tie to the door.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Well everyone could spot the lever, but in this case you are quite sure that the lever actually connects to the door. A minor detail i forgot to include in the description of the doors before is that the doors in fact have a lever to the side of them. Let that be the default assumption from now on. The right side if i am to be exact.
    Spoiler: Currently DMing:
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jan 2016

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Martin examines the lever calmly, studying the possibilities of the mechanism...

    I believe this lever might be able to open the door, he says softly. He speaks as if it were a matter of fact that all of his companions can agree upon. Perhaps we could pull it and follow Monsieur Sazel through the door? He did, after all, imply that there wasn't any inmediate danger in that direction...

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    "I am with Martin." Azuriel said, finally breaking his long silence of thought. He had been racking his brain as to where in the world Orlandeu was from, as he had never heard of his kingdom. Though eventually, the aasimar shrugged it off, realizing that even he hadn't seen the entire world.

    "But perhaps, before we continue, allow me to cast of few protections over us. Come, gather round."

    Spoiler: Spellcasting
    Show

    Uses Bead of Karma (0 uses left), CL now 16

    cast Greater Magic Weapon on Azuriel, Duration, 16 hours

    cast Bless on all, duration, 16 minutes.
    Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2016-11-25 at 02:54 PM.
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lokyar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Reappearing in the room with the others Sazel spits out a few more grains of sand and returns to normal. "Well that was uncomfortable. There are a bunch of hourglasses being filled by a clockwork process in there, and about a dozen mechanical golems shaped like men and spiders. "

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Poor Tsugumo is left to discern what windmills are (or what could be possibly more complex than his surroundings,) but he takes a guess at the golem business.

    "My thanks..." he bows towards Azuriel slightly before moving towards the lever. Assuming nobody stops him he tries using it to open the door.

    "Forgive my impertinence, and this one's humble ignorance, but golems...are akin to magic statues, correct?" without waiting for a response he pulls the lever back, "The one legend I know of involving the like is a cautionary tale if I ever did hear one. So if there are more rooms this way, I would rather create more terrain for us if those...statues can awaken. Especially if they awaken with ire towards us."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jan 2016

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Martin seems to be considering what he just told them.

    If that is the case, perhaps it is best we face the hourglass room first. After all, we are prepared for what may come there...

    With some quick and collected "steps", Martin places himself next to the other door. He'll be the first to enter, followed by whomever wants to go behind them.

    I'd rather hope these machines were too self-involved in their own processes to notice us... He comments pulling the lever. But somehow I doubt it.

    He enters the next room, his weapon sheathed and his posture calm but ready to jump at a moment's notice.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Perception as he enters: (1d20+15)[25]
    In case we get attacked by something big who gets through his AC 30, Martin will use Flowing creek counter.
    If attacked, anytime someone misses against his AC Martin can move 10' for free... He'll use this to avoid being surrounded and flanked.
    Lets hope Martin's defenses are enough.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    "I shall make up the rearguard of our company." Azuriel explained. He had his bow at the ready, covering Martin as he strode into the next room should enemies attack.
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Tsugumo thinks for a short moment and puts himself between Martin and Azuriel, loosening his sword a little in its wood and iron scabbard, a green gleam of metal showing at the hilt's base.

    Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

    (1d20+11)[17] Perception. This isn't very heroic, but if anything jumps out at us, Tsugumo will immediately turn invisible and go from there.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Martin pulls the lever and at first and a loud clack can be heard and the door falls down half and inch and the sound of gears fills the room as the door rises up into the frame. A wind of sand meets the party as the door opens and the sound of heavy machinery is loud, but doesnt deafen normal speech.

    The mechanical humanoids do not react to the partys entrance, but some of the mechanical spiders approach the party lead by a slightly different spider which seem to have a large plate on top. The spider stands still and a small needle comes out as the plate on its back starts to spin, after some initial static as the needle hit the plate the party hear speech: "*xcazxysh* -ruders beware! Do not interfere in the production. Leave the complex, or else deadly force will be utilized"

    This speech continues on repeat as the spiders slowly enclose the enclave around the party as if indicating a time limit to comply.
    Spoiler: Currently DMing:
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Orlandeau

    As the door opens, the floating knight seems deeply disturbed by what he sees. His lance dips and aims towards the scuttling things, the point resolute though his eyes shift with unease.

    "What in the nine hells is this? There is no nature to this, no light. Tell me, friends... do we flee or do we wreck these monstrosities and carry forward our light through this pit of foul tricks?"

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    "We are not here to disturb your work. We merely seek passage through this room. On my word non of us will interrupt our tasks." Azuriel explained to the spider machine. Not that he believed it would listen, his knowledge of inevitables made him sure that these creations would not be reasonable. But the aasimar preferred peaceful passage.
    Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2016-11-29 at 01:33 PM.
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jan 2016

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Martin remains in silence, aware that this is unlikely to go well. They need to go through, but the knight doubts these creatures will understand the difference between passing by and impeding their "production". Thus, Martin prepares. He has an eye on several of the clockwork creatures, calculating the distance between each and how difficult would it be to position himself so as to best defend his allies. Perhaps in case combat starts, actually attacking the assembly line would be the best way to ensure his allies aren't swarmed...

    He remains calm and quiet for the moment, however, unwilling to seem hostile right now.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Martin is expecting the worst... So he readies an action:

    If any clockwork creature attacks, he'll use his Red Zephyr's Dance strike to move hitting several enemies and getting himself near (or on) the assembly line.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Tsugumo's stance alters perceptibly at the mechanical arachnid's announcement. Wonderful; these things probably take orders from something however, and as he changes his footing one more time, the ruffian dares speak out of turn, asking them a question:

    "If not us, who is allowed passage here?" he asks of the lead spider with the odd plate, hoping this delay can satisfy his curiosity before he acts...

    Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show

    Okay perception check again (1d20+11)[18] I am preparing an attack action, but first Tsugumo wants to see if the unique spider seems to have any sort of sway ove rthe not so unique spiders. Like if the unique one has to move or always moves first and the others follow suit.


    If so, I'm going to throw down:
    Spoiler: Spider Squashing
    Show

    Spending a swift action to turn invisible, and then attacking the Lead Spider, as I'm referring to him:
    (1d20+15)[35] [roll[1d8+5[/roll] [roll[1d8+5[/roll]

    I am assuming that as a construct, it can't be dealt sneak attack damage, so I'm using my hammerblow style strike to deal double damage, spending a ki point in the process.

    And if I have to make a stealth check, just coveirng my bases as I'm gonna be gone all evening: (1d20+28)[31]


    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lokyar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    "One aspect clockwork isn't as good for as magic is, intelligence. I would wager these things have a set response to intrusion with no room for interpretation. So the question becomes do we need to go through here. They aren't immediately aggressive so let's find out where the other room leads and burn this bridge if we come to it."

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jan 2016

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Martin nods slowly. That might be a good idea. Begin to walk back, my friends. I will cover us.

    The knight begins to take some slow steps backwards, eyeing the clockwork golems critically and providing cover for his allies.

    Once (if) they manage to get out without a fight, Martin will offer to again enter first in the next room.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    The clockwork spiders are probably everywhere, but hey, Martin is not a man that likes unnecesary fights.
    Last edited by Don nadie; 2016-12-03 at 06:09 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    As the party backs out of the room the spiders continue their circling in to where the party supposely would have been and when they discover there is no more intruders they stand around for a minute before turning around and resume their patrol.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Those who are familiar with Golems or Clockwork can tell that their process of orders are delayed, a normal sign for automatons that have been going for quite a long time without their creators interaction.
    Spoiler: Currently DMing:
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jan 2016

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    As the team members return to the main room, Martin takes position next to the other door. Once everyone is ready, he pulls the lever and enters ahead as before.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Having lost our comrade, I think Martin might be our main "tank" now XD

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lokyar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Sazel follows Martin through to the first room he'd examined, taking a more thorough look around now that he wasn't risking being caught in the middle of a wall.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Azuriel let out a small sigh, relieving some of the built up tension. Then he readied his bow once more as the party waited to see what was on the other side of the next doot.
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Tsugumo seems ready to go up in a puff of smoke, but the soft-spoken peasant keeps this to himself, biding his time, and waiting for a better time to make use of his abilities. He stays closer to the archer Azuriel, a few steps behind still, watching the automatons for any sudden, dangerous movements.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    The party head over to the door of the infinite serpent and beyond they find a room which the entre party could squeeze into but it wouldnt be tactically sound to fight in such small quarters. The floor is some distance from the wall only held up by eight large cogwheels that goes into deep tracks that follow the shaft into the darkness above, and looking over the edge the shaft continues downward aswell. On the platform there is a large lever standing in a center position.

    There is three doors in this room, the one whence you came, and one door to the north and one to the west. One of the doors have the sign of a cogwheel, the other have the sign of the infinite serpent.

    Spoiler: Those familiar with mechanical devices and/or engineering
    Show
    Those who can take a guess with engineering quickly figure out that this platform have the ability to move vertically, those who are familiar with this kind of tech: Its a elevator.
    Spoiler: Currently DMing:
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jan 2016

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    After some consideration, the Knight of Sparrows looks at his companions.

    It is now a choice. We can return to face the artifact-spiders or we can pull a new lever... He seems to consider for a second, examining the lever to see if there are more than one position it can be turned to. I think we should all get on this... platform. And see where it may take us. After all, I don't find it likely that we'll be faced with a trap like this.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trial of the Starstone [Pathfinder] The good edition. [IC]

    Orlandeau and Reis drift out from the clockwork room and across the hall, alighting on the platform.

    "Then we shall descend, or ascend, as the Gods design."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •