A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Peril & Fame 2: Belhaim

10th of Kuthona, 4716
    Belhaim

Seconds after the last wagon had rattled onto the old stone bridge three men emerged from behind the hedge up the embankment along the southern road. They wore the signature long wool winter coats common for Taldan guardsmen (a deep hunter green in this case) over a mismatched assortment of leather and scale armor. Wordlessly, they hustled into position with light crossbows readied, but not aimed at anyone. As they drew near, those towards the rear of the caravan could make out the brass shields pinned to their uniforms at the breast and the stitching of a black deer on a white field on their shoulders.

Ahead, a man on a white destrier darted out onto the street, boxing the entire wagon train in on the bridge. He was easily recognizable as a sheriff from his palpable sense of self importance. Closer inspection of his obnoxiously gilded breastplate would reveal it to be parade armor, if serviceable in the field. The falcata he brandished was likewise largely ornamental and the completely intact gold filigree perhaps betrayed that it had never seen a real fight. Hugging the side of nearest building there was a fourth guardsman, shorter than the rest by a hand, but better equipped with a fine musket at the ready. Across the road from him, there appeared a female guard with a lowered halberd -- younger than the others by two or three years and waifish.

"Silas Gribb!" bellowed the shiny man from atop his horse. His black, broom handle mustache flickered with each meticulously over-enunciated syllable. "You are charged with smuggling, larceny, bribery ... and one count of buggery. By order of Lady Devy, I place you under arrest. May the sheep sleep soundly tonight. Step forth, sirrah! Em ... which one of you is ..." The sheriff lowered his sword and squinted at the caravan.

"The one escaping out the back, sir!" screamed the waife in exasperation, dropping her polearm to sprint after the fat man who'd just then slipped out the painted canvas flaps of the lead wagon.

"Yes-yes, Mulle, I can see that now," sniffed the sheriff, unconcerned. "You've got the ruffian, have you?"

Spoiler: Ioseph
    Show
    You recognize the three gold trouts on the sheriff's breastplate to mean he's a Benhovy -- a minor noble family with some fame for producing fine officers in centuries past. Now days, they've exhausted their family fortune and misused their lands, so it's hardly surprising to see one working as a small town sheriff.

Spoiler: Eren, Yagenas
    Show
    There are three more arrests to be made. A tip received a week ago indicated that some other wanted criminals may be working as caravan guards for Silas. Gervas Alkivas (100 gp bounty), wanted for assaulting a nobleman; short man with wiry black hair and a green dragon tattoo on his left arm. Ignatz Gunther, wanted for poaching (75 gp bounty); light brown hair, balding, six feet tall. Anton Mallers (250 gp bounty), wanted for murder; Varisian? Wears a blue bandana. Accent?

While the tip from Faldamont could have been vastly more helpful, it was a stroke of luck to have any information on these fugitives.

During the ensuing scuffle, the grey clouds above finally broke and it began to snow.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2016-11-26 at 06:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Belhaim

Kiyoko

"Amateur," the Tian-Min woman muttered as the man's crimes were read off, though she laughed by the end of the list. She didn't make a move to stop Gribb, but she did intently watch the guardsmen at work. To be honest, she'd been just the slightest bit concerned when they'd showed up, even though her crimes on this side of the world were small and not well known. Now that their quarry had been made clear, though, she could sit back and watch the show.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias

Sitting astride his magically conjured mount, Elias had felt the strain and weariness of the road begin to melt away as he sighted the bridge to Belhaim. He had never truly thought of the little town as home, but with his family's estate sold and his parents dead it was the closest thing he had. Warmly tinged memories of his apprenticeship floated to the forefront of his thoughts, the difficulty of that time conveniently forgotten in favor of rosy nostalgia. That illusion was shattered by the sudden appearance of guardsmen, and the rapid flight of the caravan master. Anyone else might have doubted this as a trick or a trap, but Elias knew the sheriff to be an honorable man. Leaning out to catch a glimpse of the fleeing fugitive, he felt the magic flow into his fingertips, banishing the chill of winter as his hands moved in well-practiced patterns and the old words came to his lips. In a flash, a spray of emerald and golden sparks flew from his hand to erupt above the fleeing caravan master in a brilliant flash.

Rushing headlong into the shower of magical sparks, Silas Gribb froze in place, screaming and batting at his face. Clearly, the smuggler lacked the strength of will to shake off the magic's effect. Before his faculties could return to him, the waif tackled him, striking his chest and sending him flying to the flagstones. Nodding that his work was done, Elias led his horse to the front of the caravan and raised a hand in greeting.

"Sheriff Benhovy! It is good to see you again."

Spoiler
    Show
    Elias casts Glitterdust to hit Gribb. DC 17 Will Save.
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2016-11-26 at 07:49 PM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Eren

After days of traveling, of keeping up his disguise (that being of a simple farmer going to see family), of cozying up to Silas to keep him complacent and unsuspecting, it was time to act. Throwing aside his dense, woolen robe, a man dressed in a dark green field uniform leapt out of the wagon, the large silver key emblazoned on the front and the manacles at his belt identifying him as an inquisitor of the Master of the First Vault. Quickly, he readied a blunted arrow to his longbow, ready to pronounce judgement on the man who had cheated the law...

Only to find that someone had beaten him to it.

Shrugging at his relative turn of good fortune, Eren opted to simply call out to the Sheriff.

"Sheriff! Have the rest of your men surround the caravan! There are yet more miscreants hidden away here, and we cannot let them escape."

Striding quickly over to where the smaller female guard (Mulle, if he'd heard correctly) had pinned Silas, Eren offered a pair of manacles.

"I've got some, if you haven't. But I'll need these back later."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    If Mulle doesn't have any manacles, Eren will let her use his to apprehend Silas, as he's the main target here. Regardless of whether or not she elects to borrow the manacles (which are locked with an Average Lock), he then goes on to do the following...

With Silas secured, Eren then strode to the second wagon in the caravan, throwing aside the flaps and peering inside. The most dangerous criminal he had gotten a tip on, Anton Mallers, was said to be wearing a blue bandana - and Eren had earlier spotted someone matching that description sleeping there, though frustratingly he had been unable to get a name out of him.

Spoiler: If Eren sees the man in the blue bandana...
    Show
    Promptly leveling his bow at his target, blunted arrowhead nocked and ready, Eren barked out a threat.

"You there, blue bandana! Out of the hammock, hands where I can see them!"

Assuming the man followed orders, Eren then growled out a followup.

"I will give you one chance to be honest with me, sir. Do you, or have you ever, gone by the name of Anton Mallers? Lie, and I promise you that the consequences will be highly unpleasant."

Show
    It's the first roll of the game, so of course I will roll poorly - but hey, gotta try right?

Intimidate
    : (1d20+6)[9]

And of course, Sense Motive to follow up.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Silas now lay on the flagstones, piteously gasping for breath as Deputy Mulle had quite knocked the wind out of him. Although there was no fight in the man, she struggled to pull his fat arms behind his back to manacle him. She muttered her thanks to Eren for borrowing his irons and absently mentioned she must have dropped hers somewhere. Elias recalled that Letha Mulle was an orphan girl who'd grown up on one of the outlying farms. She might have been pretty if not for her partial harelip. Her blonde hair has been cropped off below her ears and strands of it poked out from beneath her black knit cap. It was perhaps surprising to see the slender teenager in the employ of the town guard, but she had always been a bit daring. Engaged with Silas, she didn't notice Elias as he rode by.

"Elias," the sheriff regarded him with a wan smile. He looked a bit surprised. "Or is it Master Apion now? Good to see you again, lad. Deepest sympathies once again for what's happened to your family. Dreadful business, that. I do hope you've got everything sorted?"

Benhovy ignored Eren's shouting, confident that his men had the situation well in hand. Indeed, two of the men with crossbows began approaching the train and poking about the cargo.

When Eren got to the second wagon and pulled back the canvas, he found what he was looking for. A young man in a blue silk bandana had cocooned himself a cotton blanket and napped fitfully in a hammock hanging over some casks of whisky and what Eren assumed were his effects. He wore a strand of semiprecious stones over his brow (secured to his bandana with a few stitches) he had dangling turquoise and gold earrings. When Eren barked at him, his eyes flickered, he gave an annoyed grunt and attempted to resume sleeping.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2016-11-26 at 08:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias

Returning the Sheriff's smile with his own weary one, Elias nodded in thanks.

"No master until Master Balthus deems me ready. Perhaps another decade."

He chuckled, though it was forced.

"But thank you for your condolences, Sheriff. The kindness of the people of Belhaim was one of the few lights in my future, and I am glad to return. Though I am surprised at such an...active reunion."

He wheeled his horse around to look back at the deputy restraining Gribb.

"I see Letha's found her calling."

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

After arriving into Belhaim and seeing her horse looked after, Ellarie had trudged heavily around town burdened with her belongings. She walked partly for the fresh air, but also to think and consider what her next move might be. She was considering spending the coin for a room of her own. A place to stow her gear and have a bath seemed priceless as she adjusted her heavy pack more securely onto her back for the thousandth time. Her mood was uncommonly somber as she walked along the lakeside, though this wasn't the worst place she'd ever found herself in, not by half.

A commotion somewhat ahead of her on the bridge she had crossed earlier coming into town drew her attention. She hoisted her pack and walked purposefully over to the growing altercation, her demeanor left no doubt that she had every right to be there. She second guessed her approach as a man dressed in the fine clothes of the upper class threw a dazzling spell at the fleeing man. She had the thought then that Belhaim must be better off than she had given credit for at first glance, if they housed members of the nobility and a wizard besides.

She had been of the mind to seek employ as a tavern bard in exchange for food and lodgings. Or even join the town guard if that failed, but if she could convince him or his peers that she was a talent deserving a Patron. That had been her secret hope for years now, only brought out for examination when she was at her weariest. She stood quietly amidst the chaos, eyes narrowed intently as she studied the wizard. Her attention turned to the Sheriff and she noted his gilded vanity for future use.

Lastly, her pale eyes fell upon the men being arrested. Her lips curled instinctively into a contemptuous grimace. They reminded her of the merc she had been forced to kill on the road and her hand twitched as though aching to feel her sword there once again. She was taken aback as the large man bearing the insignia of an Inquisitor quickly took control of the scene and her face reddened with the guilt of the recent thoughts of the man she had murdered. She edged back to find a small bit of shelter from his piercing gaze, certain he could hear her heart racing from where he stood. Certain she was a fool, for her frightened imaginings and her guilt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

Climbing partway out of her wagon, the tiefling made a brief sweep of the bridge with her eyes, ignoring the driver's protest when the long sheathed blade at her hip bonked him on the head. "Hey! Is there something I can do to speed this up, or - oh, hey Elias. You know this guy?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Ioseph
    Wagon Three

Ioseph watched from the raised seat of his own wagon as he worked to calm his horse. He considered reaching for a weapon, but the sheriff seemed to have it well in hand. So he waited and watched. He did find himself idly reaching for a blunt arrow just in case though. As the guards moved closer he spoke up.

"Don't worry, I packed my wagon myself and I haven't left it unattended."
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.
    Avatar Designed by EmersonTung, Recreated by Gengy

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Tomoko

She really should have just continued on her business. It was snowing now; it'd be better to be inside where it was warm. But there was a caravan coming into town, and perhaps more visibly, someone had called an enormous shimmering ball of glittery dust. It's sort of impossible to miss.

Daring to get a little closer to the bridge, the girl watched with intense curiosity as the watch began making their arrests. She really shouldn't be getting involved at all. But some things are just too difficult to ignore.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2016-11-26 at 09:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Normal Avatar by Thormag!

Earthbound Immortal Uru avatar by Strawberries

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

"Letha's a good girl and she works hard." Sheriff Benhovy nodded his approval towards the deputy who was attempting to get Silas onto his feet. "Old Dymas* passed away this summer, I'm afraid. But Zera has enough hired hands to do the work. Letha came to me asking about joining the guard. Course, I didn't think she was up for it, but I gave her a chance on account of her pa's passing. Haven't regretted it yet."

*Dran Dymas was Letha's adoptive father. His wife Zera now runs the wheat farm west of town. No mention of Dran's eldest son.

When Kiyoko interrupted, the sheriff made a dismissive gesture, barely acknowledging her presence. "My men have the situation well in hand, miss ..." At last he had a proper appraisal and took measure of the foreign woman and her equally exotic sword. "Miss?" he repeated with a suspicious tone.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias

Nodding along to the sheriff's recounting of the past year's events, Elias was slightly taken aback by Kiyoko's sudden appearance. Sensing the sheriff's distrust, he rushed to make introductions.

"Ah, Sheriff Benhovy, this is Kiyoko, one of our travelling companions on the road north. Originally of Minkai, if you'd believe it. Kiyoko, may I present Sheriff Benhovy, knight of the realm and dutiful protector of Belhaim."

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

The tiefling smiled and gave the lawman an insultingly tiny bow, the kind an empress might give to a favored pet as a joke. If he knew enough to be offended, she'd just blame it on the odd footing the wagon provided. "I'm glad we're in such good hands, Sheriff Benhovy. Things were so quiet for most of the trip."
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2016-11-26 at 10:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Eren

Huh. From the looks of it, that man's Chelaxian, but he could well have disguised himself, if he is the murderer. Except then why leave the bandana? No choice. Have to keep pressing, see if he has the accent. See if he's lying.

Eren drew his bowstring back.

"I will NOT ask again, sir. Get up, put your hands in the air, and identify yourself."

Show
    Let's try this again, shall we?

Intimidate: (1d20+6)[25]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Ioseph

Recognizing the young guardsman scrutinizing his property as Varyl Hodd, Ioseph made his appeal. Varyl had only been deputized shortly before Ioseph's departure. The lad had unsettlingly pale blue eyes and the right one never seemed to quite focus on what was in front of him. His right ear was misshapen and crinkled, likely due to his father only having a left hand. "No offense, Master Vega," he drawled, "Orders is orders."

A quick visual search of Ioseph's wagon didn't reveal anything suspicious, apparently. Though he couldn't be sure if the boy knew what he was looking for in the first place. Perhaps he just wanted to look important.

Eren

The man in blue spied the drawn bow through one bleary eye and went tumbling out of his hammock. His boot caught in the rope and he dangled there, bashing his head on one of the casks beneath him. He grasped for the dagger on his belt once, but quickly thought better of it. Eren couldn't place his accent, but he sounded foreign and smart. At least, there was a posh tone to the few comprehensible, but impolite, words that came out of his mouth between nonsense and frustrated growls. "No need! No need for that. Too much. Inappropriate. That is an inappropriate level of ... I'm sorry, who the devil are you?"

Even though his hands were in the air, he'd somehow managed to go from panic to condescension in seconds.

Kiyoko & Elias

"Lovely to meet you," muttered the sheriff with noncommittal enthusiasm to Kiyoko. "You and your friend can run along, Elias. We'll be a bit searching the wagons for contraband. No need for you two stand out in the cold. Oh, though you were handy with that spell, what! Very flashy, lad!"
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2016-11-26 at 11:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Eren

"I am Inquisitor Drakos, of the church of Abadar. "

And there's ''an' ​accent. That's two out of three.

"I have orders to apprehend a man fitting your description. Identify yourself."

Show
    Sense Motive on whatever reply he gives.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2016-11-26 at 11:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

Is he ignoring me? The warrior started to narrow her eyes and say something, but stopped when she realized that this was the exact outcome that she wanted. Instead, she looked to Elias. While Kiyoko didn't have a problem with the cold, she also didn't have a problem with riding Apion's metaphorical coat-tails into town faster. All of her worldly possessions were sitting on her back, so she didn't even have to duck back inside the wagon for anything.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias

Heartened by Sir Pelle's praise, Elias' smile became more sincere with a chuckle.

"Thank you, Sir. Just trying to help - wouldn't want you or your men to have to chase down some reprobate in a snowstorm."

Turning back to the tien woman, Elias gestured for Kiyoko to join him.

"Let's get you settled into the inn, Kiyoko. Then, if you like, I can introduce you to my master. He's rather learned in the arcane arts, if a bit...prickly."

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Eren

"Apprehend?" shrieked the man in blue, one octave higher than he'd intended. "On whose bloody authority you jackbooted accountant!? I'll have you know that Almas owes me eight hundred ... not important. You don't care. Still got your bow out. Not worth it."

Still with his hands up, he began wiggling his boot to see if he could free himself.

"Fine. My name is Valere. I have documents in my satchel if you like. I'm from Almas. I pay my taxes and I vote. Not that it matters, apparently."

As he says, a dark brown leather satchel sits tucked behind the barrels of whisky along with a rapier.

Spoiler: Eren
    Show
    He seems perfectly sincere and incredibly annoyed.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2016-11-27 at 04:17 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Eren

Seems sincere enough... the documents will tell.

Eren released the tension on his string and lowered his bow, though he did not put it away entirely, and nodded.

"Please produce your documents, sir, slowly and without sudden moves. As for on whose authority, my immediate superior is Grand Inquisitor Argentum, at the main branch of the Church in Oppara."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

Astride her horse, Cyril, Cassandra watched the events suddenly enfolding with a mix of curiosity, excitement, and trepidation. A smuggler! She'd been riding along with a caravan led by a smuggler for all these miles! Mother would be scandalized, Cassandra thought to herself. She frowned disapprovingly when she heard that Silas Gribb had tried to make a run for it. Better to take one's medicine, she figured. Running always made it harder on the culprit, she reflected, remembering stories she'd heard from the men who worked for her father patrolling the roads in their land.

Cyril looked around and shifted uneasily, spooked by the goings on. "Easy, my friend," she soothed the creature, "None of this concerns us. We merely traveled with him. Peace, Cyril." She gave the beast one last comforting pat and urged him forward. She had just about pulled even with Eren when he shot forward, rushing to the aid of one of the town guard. Then things became even more interesting as the inquisitor zeroed in on another potential criminal. She urged Cyril forward more and overheard the exchange. "Interesting accent for a man from Almas," she said, her voice ringing out in her own upper-class Taldoran accent. "Sounds Chelish." She gave the man an innocent smile.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

"Prickly, you say? I think I can manage, especially if he knows a great deal about the arcane arts. Lead on, my good sir!" The tiefling then began walking toward the town ahead of Elias's horse, probably to emphasize how good she was at following.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias

Shaking his head in bemusement at Kiyoko's continued bravado, Elias briefly caught the eye of the striking woman watching him from the edge of town. She was unfamiliar to him, and beneath her armor seemed dreadful thin, but was armed like a warrior. It was an altogether intriguing image, one that compelled him to pull up on the reins.

"Kiyoko, would you wait a moment?"

Perhaps assuming her assent, he guided the summoned beast towards where Ellarie stood watching.

"Pardon me, miss. Is there anything I might help you with?"

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Eren & Cassandra

"Oppara? The Hells is a taxman from Oppara doing in Galt? We are in ... no? Not in Galt yet? No. This is too pretty to be Taldor still. Really?"
    At length he got his foot free and shut up momentarily while he went through his bag for his papers.

"Look, I'll be honest here. I don't think you have the authority to ... what is it that I'm accused of?"

The man handed over a darkwood box containing a number of documents.

Spoiler: Eren
    Show
    Within you find: a voter registration card for Almas, an Andoran passport with a stamp showing he'd disembarked at Oppara last month, and letters patent proclaiming him the Count Logaine Valere with an auxiliary letter corroborating that his father had received the title from Abrogail Thrune I in 4641 and that it had been transferred to his son in 4703. Lastly, there was a blue hued deed to someplace called Castle Laire.

The documents look official enough, though you're not at all familiar with some of these forms. The letters of nobility are similar enough to their Taldan counterparts that you believe them to be authentic.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2016-11-27 at 12:47 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Eren

"As last I was informed, Belthaim currently falls under Taldor's jurisdiction, sir."

Although, if I remember, it does depend on which map you look at. What was it Alden said? Thirty miles from where the cartographers stopped giving a damn, or something along those lines?

Taking the darkwood box, and finally putting away his bow, Eren carefully inspected Valere's documents before neatly putting them back.

"And as for what you are accused of? Nothing, as your papers appear to be in order, and you are thus free to continue on your way." Eren handed the box back. "However, the man we are pursuing, who is said to bear an appearance similar to yours, is accused of murder most foul. Speaking of which, if you do not wish to be the subject of murder most foul, I highly recommend against traveling to Galt, sir. The sheer instability of the political climate renders them highly hostile to outsiders at best."
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2016-11-27 at 01:09 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

Ellarie's eyes had wandered back to the wizard and the Sheriff and she had been somewhat dismayed as she caught the young noble's eye. She had hoped to follow him and then return later after a bath and some clean clothes. Perhaps buy him a drink and get him to chat about his family. Noblemen loved talking about their families. With increasing alarm she realized that he was approaching her, though she glanced around to confirm that he could be headed towards nobody else. She cursed. This was not the first impression she had wished to make. It was all about first impressions with the upper class. But as she took him in as he rode the short distance to her she noticed his clothes, though well made, showed some wear. Perhaps he was not who he had appeared at first glance after all.

"I've only arrived today, My Lord." She decided to hedge her bets.

"Perhaps you can help, if it isn't too great an imposition. Might you point the way to a good inn where I might have a bath and a hot meal? Somewhere safe?" She added, unconsciously eyeing the ongoing commotion at the wagons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Eren & Cassandra

"I am aware of the political climate in Galt and my travels are none of your concern, inquisitor," he sneered, shutting his box with a loud clap. "Now, you won't go revealing the contents of that box to anyone, will you? I should very much like to continue my travels unmolested. Well, less molested than this."

Indignantly, he began bundling himself back up in this blanket.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias

Following the woman's stare, Elias gave a commiserating sigh.

"Well, allow me to welcome you to Belhaim, miss. My name is Elias Apion, and I assure you that ugly scenes like that are far from the norm. Belhaim may be a lean place, but it is not without kindness. If you're seeking a safe room, Talia Orem at the Wise Piper inn will treat you fairly. I was actually showing my companion Kiyoko there in order to get her settled. Would you care to follow?"

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Yagenas

Aiming down his sights, Yagenas began to whistle a little ditty to himself as he mentally calculated trajectories and the recoil of his gun for optimal firing accuracy. He was content at first to let the others get in close, he had always preferred to strike at enemies from afar, but after seeing one get apprehended and an inquisitor suddenly arrive on the scene Yagenas decided it might be best to catch the bounty before some uppity holy taxman takes it from him. Lowering his iron sights he trudged forward in his heavy leather armor, green cowl pulled tightly over him, and nodded respectfully to each passerby (taking extra long on a Minkain woman whom he eyed oddly) until finally he worked his way to the third caravan and sidled up to it. Musket at the ready, he took a deep breathe in and then silently crept forward into the wagon.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Stealth:(1d20+4)[20]
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2016-11-27 at 01:39 AM.
    Im a Terrorist not an idiot. - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

The Tian-Min woman gave a bow that was perceptibly lower than the one she gave the Sheriff, just in case the living mustache was still paying attention. "It's part of his clever scheme to ride into town with a trail of fine ladies following him. Though," she gave him a look, "the effect will be lost if we start shivering on the way there." Despite the words, her tone wasn't terribly aggravated. It didn't matter to Kiyoko if Elias wanted to stop and chat with strangers or even build up a harem prior to settling back in. What did bother her a bit was the description of Belhaim being 'lean' - a word she took to mean 'poor and simple.' If that were true, it'd be a good place to stop, but she couldn't make much of a living here the way she'd want to. Hopefully something interesting would happen before she got too bored or ran out of funds...