New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Belhaim

Kiyoko

"Boys, boys, don't fight over me," the Tiefling tonelessly deadpanned. "Seriously though, people have been taking custody of me all day. You're going to have to set up a timeshare system or something at this rate."
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Yagenas

"..... That's what I've been saying this whole time." Yagenas grumbled as Bellet relented to Ioseph and Eren, his knees gently guiding Archer towards Kiyoko. Slinging his musket over his back, Yagenas looked down at the tall woman and made the universal gesture of gimme "I doubt this many men fighting over you is out of the ordinary. Regardless, I believe you or Ellarie have some things that belong to the deceased."
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2016-12-18 at 03:20 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

"I'm not carrying any of the count's stuff." The tiefling shrugged. "I think the bits of the disguise we used are in El's saddlebag. And it is time we gave them back."

4. - Top - End - #334
    Firbolg in the Playground

Eren

As the matter of the count's belongings was discussed, Eren's attention was drawn to a rapier hanging from Ellarie's belt - which, he now remembered, fit the description of one that had been mentioned by Talia.

"And the rapier there? Was that also among his things? I believe you produced a few papers that were with him as well earlier..."
    Everything dissolves into blue.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

Ellarie returned the Taxmaster's smile as he tried to comfort her, though she reflected that herself and Abadar were not well acquainted. Or any of the gods for that matter, perhaps that was why she was so lost. As they approached Elias she could feel her face light up, there was much of the earlier events that she would tell him if she could. But there was no time, she lowered her eyes and avoided eye contact with the wizard. He still had a life here after all.

She had watched with a quiet trepidation as Yag had ridden off back towards town, and it was with no little surprise that she looked at the small posse riding towards them at Kiyoko's warning. She shrank back but found Eren's imposing form behind her. She was certain that he could feel the panicked stutter of her heart against him. She said nothing as the men began to argue as to her fate, surprised but grateful when Sir Ioseph spoke up to intercede on her behalf. She had fully expected to be rotting away in prison, but someone kept interceding on her behalf. Was it the god Eren prayed to? She looked around warily as though a divine emissary might ambush her from the bushes.

Her overwhelmed mind thus occupied with nonsense wanderings, it was only Kiyoko's snarking that snapped her back into the present. As she confirmed Yag's assertion that still held the Count's effects, Ellarie's face paled while her cheeks reddened.

"Ah yes, of course. I hadn't meant to keep them." She found when she went to speak that she had been biting her lower lip hard. She mentally cursed herself. She had been not meaning to do things all day. Perhaps some presence of mind was in order. She shook her head, though if it was in negation to the situation or to clear the stressed fog away, she couldn't say.

She reached into the saddlebags and pulled out the blue jacket and handed it to Yag.

"His papers are in the coat pocket." As Eren reminded her of the rapier, she leaned to the side and unbuckled it from her hip where she had carried it and handed it over to Eren.

"Would you give this to the Deputy please?" Even if it was sheathed she figured better safe than sorry.

"That's everything, Deputy Yagenas." She looked to Kiyoko and mentally shrugged, better to lose some loot than their freedom.
    Last edited by PepperP.; 2016-12-18 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

6. - Top - End - #336

Eren

"Of course, miss."

Taking the sword belt and the papers from Ellarie, Eren grasped the sword - belt still attached to it and in its sheath - by the pointy end, and handed it over to Yagenas hilt-first.

"As requested, Deputy."

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

"Stabbed through the back. Why am I not surprised." Bellett stared angrily at the clean, but holey, jacket once it came into his possession. "The body, you reprobates. What have you done with the Count's body?"

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

"Through the front, idiot. Funny thing about a hole is that it can be made both directions."

9. - Top - End - #339

Eren

"Please avoid provoking the Deputy and answer his question, Miss Kiyoko."
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2016-12-19 at 12:22 AM.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

"I just did. Stabbed him through the front and it went all the way out the back. I mean have you seen the size of the sword I'm carrying? I'd have to try pretty hard to stab him without running him through."
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2016-12-18 at 04:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

Yagenas

"Yes, you've made it abundantly clear how much you like and are proficient in penetration. We'd like to know where you left your messy presumably naked work."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

"You want to know what we did with the corpse?" Kiyoko just blinked at him. "Gross. Let me think... we buried it somewhere out that way," she waved in the general direction of the place they'd confronted the count. "Didn't exactly make a treasure map. You can go digging at random if you really think that's the best use of your time and energy."

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

"If there is any mercy in this world, your intrepid companions will afford you the same treatment," he shot back at Kiyoko. "Tulwin, accompany them. Shoot her through the head if she so much as breathes without your permission, or for any reason you like. Ioseph, Elias, this whole matter is on your heads and I shall hold you accountable for the actions of the despicable company you chose to keep. Frankly, I hope the dragon eats you all. Good day."

Bellett waved the two guards away and made his return to the garrison.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

The druidess sat perched upon her saddle, hands folded over each other and resting upon the horn. She looked on silently as the exchange developed. "Well! I do hope he did not include me in that last sentiment," she said quietly as the deputy stalked away. Conall looked up at her, tilted his head, and barked once. "No, I'm sure he didn't include you."
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

"So... does this mean he doesn't want custody? That'll free up part of my schedule." The tiefling turned to talk to the rest of the group. "Now... this dragon, or thing pretending to be a dragon, or whatever. Do we have a plan for dealing with it?"

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

Yagenas

Firing off a salute, Yagenas nodded his head as Bellet gave him his orders and then leerily "eyed" the Tian woman as she walked over to the rest of the group. Trotting up to join the rest of them he waved a hand to the wild maned woman "You're free to breathe," he grunted before proclaiming with some more authority "Shoot things until we find what we're looking for? Get the Hell out of dodge if a humongous dragon shows up?"
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

"Works for me. Are we going to rest up beforehand or go right away? Everyone seems pretty tense."

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

"We have a week, yes?" Cassandra asked. "I have used some of my daily spells already today, attempting to heal the Sheriff, but I have enough for one or two skirmishes, should the need arise. Still, perhaps if everyone were at their best when we head out..."

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

Not anxious to either return to town or to camp in the snow,

"I would volunteer to go with those who would enter the tomb of Tula Belhaim this evening."
    She was feeling quite drained, but knew she could muster her strength with her song if necessary.

"Then we could regroup in the morning and take on whatever it is at the monastery together." She allowed her eyes to flick over to Elias briefly, they put much faith in his words, though she didn't feel him wrong.

"Whatever it is, I worry it will take all of our combined strength to overcome it. That I would not go into with us unrested. Hopefully we will find some answers at the tomb."
    Her voice was soft, but she spoke hopefully. Hopeful for answers, and to further delay her return to the town she found herself unwelcome in. Not without good reason, of course though that didn't ease the sting.
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias

Reaching down to feel the heavy key in his pocket, Elias surveyed the motley band that had come together to face the threat to the town. Murderers stood alongside knights, landless mages alongside nobles. It would have made for a strange sight in savage Varisia - in Taldor, it was almost beyond the pale.

"We have a plan, yes. The tomb of Tule Belhaim and her dragonslayers lies near the Old Quarry road, scarcely a mile away from the old monastery. The bones of Aeteperax were buried alongside his slayer, so it is there that we shall find proof of our salvation or our doom. We make our way to the tomb, fight our way through whatever servants guard the roads and whatever corruption infects the mausoleum, and claim the artifacts used by The Slayers of Nazilli that we might better confront whatever lairs in the Dragonfen. I recognize that some of us are weary, perhaps spent, but I do not think we can wait. If some darkness rises from the monastery, it may well breach the tomb if we dally here, and our hopes will turn to ash."

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Yagenas

"I agree with Elias. Those of us too expended to make much progress today should rest, but we shouldn't wait around for whatever's lurking about to make another move. It's time to be proactive. Except you," He pointed a finger at Kiyoko "If we're going into dangerous fens and past deadly guardians you're definitely coming."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

"I'll be coming as well, then."
    Almost cheerful to have something to occupy herself with, never mind that it was a maybe-haunted tomb. Besides, she had vowed to help protect the town from whatever was awaiting them in the monastery and she was determined to prove herself and hopefully keep herself out of prison in the process.
    #Notallinfluencers

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

"As am I," Cassandra declared. "As I said, I have used some, but not all of my spells for the day. You may have need of the remainder." Conall sat on his haunches and yipped once. Though the young wolf could not understand what was being discussed, he no doubt picked up on the energy and excitement of the group. "And Conall's coming too," the druidess said, her face bearing a wry expression. "Besides," continued Cassandra, "It may give me a chance to map the area for future use."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

"I feel so honored." Kiyoko hoped, for Yagenas's sake, that he wasn't thinking of using her to find every trap and ambush in the mausoleum the hard way. If he started using her like an undead mine detector, she would personally feed him to the first monster they came across.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias

Nodding at the words of assent from the party, Elias gestured down the Old Quarry Road.

"Then there's no time to lose. Let us depart, and may the gods smile on our venture."

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

26. - Top - End - #356

Eren

Eren likewise nodded.

"I have only expended two of my spells, and have yet to pronounce Abadar's judgement on anyone today. I am good to go for today, I think."

Eren then turned to Ioseph and Elias.

"Any preference for a marching order?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This can be hashed out OOC. Time to get to monastery explorin'.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone
    Dragonfen

Precisely as the map said, following Eskander's Creek as it depart from the Old Quarry Road took you directly to Tula's Crypt. The way was none too difficult considering the sheer number of survival experts traveling together. Those who were unfamiliar with the hazards of the frozen fen were looked after by those who did. Though the sun had already passed below the tree line, a few minutes of evening light remained.

Now eight hundred feet away, the leading members of the party spied their destination. A gold hued marble slab tapered to a point like an immense blade-up sword marked the place. Around the monument, there was coiled the bleached skeletal remains of a dragon perhaps seventy feet in length with a skull the size of a dinner table. They also saw six purple skinned, hunched, winged figures the size of a man. At this distance, their features could not be discerned, but they did not appear to have spotted the party's approach. They sat scattered around the skeleton with one sitting in a nearby tree and one atop the marble.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

Like Thieves in the Night

Crouching behind a rise of scrub, the gathered adventurers peered out towards the tomb of Tula Belhaim, magnificent and terrible in the setting sun. However, it was not the bones of the ancient dragon that drew their attention, but the very much alive figures hunched around them. Too distant to get a good look, Elias could only guess as to their nature.

"I'm not sure what those things are. Gargoyles, maybe, or Strix."

The guess drew a questioning look from the noblewoman.

"What the heck is a Strix?"

"Winged humanoids native to Cheliax."

Yagenas, at least, seemed to know the nature of the Strix.

“Oh, those *******s?”

"Bit far east for that, I think."

A nod was the only answer the inquisitor got before Cassandra peered closer.

"Whatever they are, it looks like they're armed. Curved swords, I think."

They fell into silence, pondering the providence of these creatures that seemed set to guard the tomb.

"At the very least, it seems Aeteperax's bones remain in place. It was an illusion after all."

Ellarie piped up, her faith in Elias suspicions apparently vindicated.

"So you were right, but we still must deal with these things."

Elias nodded.

"We should approach in a staggered line. Melee a hundred feet ahead of ranged. With any luck, we can remain unseen in the setting sun."

"I can also cast Invisibility, and I have reasonably light feet."

"I can cast it as well."

“I like to use this gun but for the most part I just shoot it once or twice and then charge in. So I’ll be with whoever decides to go melee.”

"And so the skeleton remains here after all... well, time to see who was behind all of this."

"Try to take one of them alive."

"It will be somewhat difficult."

Eren reaching into his quiver, drawing forth an arrow tipped with a sphere of black iron.

"I have some blunted arrows that I keep for situations like this. Hopefully I can get one of them."

The deputy looked down at his excessively lethal musket.

“Alive. Right. I’ll make sure to shoot them with the extra soft bullets.”

"Just don't aim for the ones I take and we should be good."

Sighing at the predictably effective arsenal arrayed at his back, Elias raised a hand.

"I will try to see to it. For now, our best course of action I think is to obfuscate those of us more comfortable with melee combat and allow them to take advantageous position while the rest of us follow at a more circumspect distance."

The plan was generally well received, save by the deputy, whose reaction to making his charge invisible was understandably conflicted.

"I'll go along with this, but only if she holds my hand the entire time we're getting there. I won't have you slipping away."

"That completely defeats the point of this. We'll be tripping all over each other. Just watch the damn snows on the side of the river."

Yagenas raised his musket, cocking it into a ready position.

“What was it that Deputy Bellet said again? Shoot her if she breathes funny or something?”

"No, I believe it was 'blah blah blah, watch me swing my acting-sheriff **** around, something about how threats aren't real unless I can comprehend them.' Something like that."

Exasperated, Cassandra turned on the bickering pair with a harsh whisper.

"Would you two behave?"

Perhaps surprisingly, Ellarie spoke up in support of her newfound companion.

"We don't have time for this."

Nodding, Yagenas extended a hand. This only seemed to exasperate Kiyoko further.

"You know I can't fight like this, right? Kinda takes two hands to swing a nodachi properly."

“Just until the invisibility wears off, and your giant hair becomes an easy indicator of where you are again.”

"...you want to tether yourself to a woman in heavy armor while we approach flying bad guys so you can - stealthily - shoot your weapon that is powered by explosions at them. And I'm the crazy one."

With a final grumble of vexation, Kiyoko took the deputy's hand.

"Fine. Whatever. Gonna be awfully hard to aim while you're looking over your shoulder, though."

Chuckling to himself, Eren pulled free his potion of invisibility and handed it to Yagenas, preparing to enchant himself as he did so.

"I'd better not hear any thumping if you two share a tent tonight."

Both convict and deputy turned horrified and disgusted eyes towards the inquisitor.

“I’m pretty sure the only thumping would be one of our corpses hitting the ground."

"I would rather **** the kobold."

"The dead one?"

“You’re going to have to be more specific then that, there are quite a few dead ones."

"She knows the one I'm talking about"

"I'm not picky with my hypothetical insult-necrophilia. Can we please just get this show on the road?"

Ellarie raised her hands.

"Yeah, ok."
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2016-12-19 at 05:46 AM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

Ellarie listened to the others plan with interest. She could feel her nerves revving up and her raging song threatened to spill from her lips as she contemplated the creatures in the distance. But now was a time for stealth before the song could come, and so she stood in front of Kiyoko and looked up at the tall woman with a wry smile upon her face. It was not so long ago that they both feared to end the night imprisoned. And now here she was, casting Invisibility upon them both and with blessing. It was a strange world, and Belhaim stranger still but she would not squander her good fortune.

She took a breath and traced the sigil, watching with satisfaction as Kiyoko's imposing form blinked out of view. She then drew her sword and repeated the gesture, this time upon herself. She started forward but ran straight into Kiyoko.

"Oof." She grunted with a snort.

"Go on then, let's get our evening started shall we?" She held her sword at the ready and walked around the spot she presumed Kiyoko to occupy. She hated to admit it, but the action was a welcomed change from arguing of the past few hours.
    #Notallinfluencers

30. - Top - End - #360

Eren

"I believe we shall."

Casting invisibility on himself, Eren followed behind the rest of the group, a blunted arrow nocked to his longbow and keeping low.

Hopefully, it should only take one or two blunted arrows to soften one up enough to where the job can be finished regularly.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Eren will get to within about 90 feet of the camp, then hold position and wait to attack until the advance party reveals itself.