Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 5e Evil Campaign: Caon (IC)

Thane, Monk of the Long Death
    Thane follows, only after Amber has started moving to get drinks with the enthusiastic fighter, passing by the dead body and looking to see cause of death and how it has affected the body.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

Griffon

"I have no desire to cower from my foes. But, if they are unable to fight a dragon, it is on them," Lord Blackheart replied to Thygarn. "I believe you are aware that you have much to lose if Thrumin were to win. While you may disapprove of my vision of a more integrated society... surely your mistress does not?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amber, Grim and Thane head to a nearby Inn... As Red Larch is teeming with inns it is not hard to find a suitable establishment to procure a drink... More or less surprisingly no-one seemed to notice or care about your quick duel in the streets; Thane did notice some passer-byes doing just that... passing by without wanted to get involved or caring to show that they even noticed the duel taking place...

Grim has been in Red Larch for more than a few days and as such would have a general understanding of the (lack of) policing in the Red Larch area... The various temples do a rag-tag, yet successful enough, job at attempting to keep order but due to the lack of a central authority there are countless situations where the laws of one temple conflict with the laws of another temple in such a way that a determinate sanction is hard to enforce on an alleged criminal and where a victim of an alleged crime is hard pressed to find an adequate venue to gain satisfaction from the assailant... Due to this, many groups of vigilantes have arisen to mete out justice as they feel appropriate... because of the general uncertainty concerning ones fate with respect to any crime one would commit many avoid committing crimes (a vigilante could knock on your door and kill you and you would have no real protection from such a fate; this leads many to be wary about slighting others in the community, at least in a way that they could easily be tracked, etc.... in other words, because of a lack of set in stone laws concerning particular punishments for particular crimes, any crime could be punished in any way and as such many avoid committing crimes at all... that being said a skilled criminal can, for awhile at least, exploit the lack of law enforcement in the city to awesome effect)...

Amber is concerned that something in or around Red Larch is upsetting the balance of things and causing too many a soul to not reach their ordained place...

OCC: unless you all would want to do a knowledge local or a gather info check before settling on a place to grab a drink, you guys head to the nearest inn; so I will wait progress until I see if you guys would want to do a knowledge check, etc.
    Those who currently escape me were intended for the feast... So, think not that you are safe for all is mine...
    - Urdaximil, the Infinite Maw, in a letter from one of its personalities to another of its personalities

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thal-norlan is composed of 5 main structures... The central keep, and four towers located to the north, south east and west of the central keep... The central keep is 1 mile long and 1 mile wide located directly under the highest peak of the mountain in which Thalnorlan was built under... This mountain is about 4 miles high and about 6 miles wide (making it a steep mountain by the ways) and around 3.5 miles directly below the peak lies the lower level of Thalnorlan... The central keep extends all the way up to the peak of the mountain and someone sitting on a guard tower at the top of the central keep would actually be hanging about on the peak of the mountain... The four towers are located 1 miles directly to the north south east and west of the central keep where these towers each act as gurad posts and all reach upwards so as to be able to go from the tower to a place outside... The keep has a northern facing side, southern facing side, etc. At the midpoint of each side is a 1 mile long perfectly straight roadway/hallway/corridors connecting the towers to the central keep and which are less wide that the central keep (they are about 150ft wide where the central keep is 1 mile wide)... And lastly, the central keep is encircled by a roadway that connects all of the towers... There are also 4 other towers, one to the North-east, South-east, South-west and North-west... These are newer additions and are not as large as the 4 northern (etc.) towers... The road that encircles Thalnorlan connects all the towers together...

EDIT: construction is constant and the plan is to eventually carve out most all of the area inside the 3 mile diameter circle surrounding the central keep

Erkan finds himself on the upper level of the North-western tower, maybe drinking a brew in the brisk air.. maybe specifically there to act as a guard and do some recon... In any event Erkan sees on the valley, that is to the west, a a largish formation of creatures... OOC: Do a perception check Erkan, you can see a formation of creatures but maybe you can gleen some more info... etc... OOC: i had to implant Erkan somewhere and this works just as well and yes there will be bloodshed...
    Last edited by Pilniscus; 2016-12-13 at 10:54 PM.
    Those who currently escape me were intended for the feast... So, think not that you are safe for all is mine...
    - Urdaximil, the Infinite Maw, in a letter from one of its personalities to another of its personalities

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

The music and festivities start anew as this awkward situation with Thaco and company is temporarily resolved... Kazoo's and harmonica fill the room... Drinks are being offered... Food is being had...

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Amber, Grim and Thane walk through the streets of Red Larch they are immediately drawn to Riddlesworths Respite... Notwithstanding it being the closest inn to your location, being a wizened illusionist Riddlesworth's three story inn has an eyecatching display of lights constantly dancing about the outside of his business illuminating his sign "Riddlesworth's Respite" with a multi-colored and transitioning pattern where large arrow's beneath the sign point toward the door, beckoning all to come on inside...

OOC: assuming you all go in to this inn...

As you enter the crowded inn a comely elven woman inquires if you want a room or a table saying

Hi Ya'll and welcome! Would you all be wanting a room for the night or just a table to sit at to rest those surely weary legs?

As she glances at the intimidating presence of the group, and the weapons and armament you all carry, the group (with a passive insight of 10 or more) cant help but notice as her gaze briefly meets the list of rules on the wall...

The bar is mainly populated by humans, and half-elfs... Although a not unlarge presence of Orc, gnomes and Dwarf can be seen as well... The inn is filled with the most delightful smell of freshly sauteed onions, garlic and beef, with a slight hint of pepper... But the most surprising sight is that of a 15ft tall giant sitting on the floor, legs crossed, at a table in the far back of the room conversing with a group of humans; his laughter fills the air with a creepily dulcet sound (creepy in the sense one wouldnt expect such a creature to have such a pleasant laugh and voice)...

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Musician View Post
    Thane, Monk of the Long Death
    Thane follows, only after Amber has started moving to get drinks with the enthusiastic fighter, passing by the dead body and looking to see cause of death and how it has affected the body.
    OOC: this is sort of retcon, but Thane feel free to make a perception or medicine check in this regards... I would have just put this in the OOC thread but thought it would be confusing...

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkstar View Post
    "I have no desire to cower from my foes. But, if they are unable to fight a dragon, it is on them," Lord Blackheart replied to Thygarn. "I believe you are aware that you have much to lose if Thurmin were to win. While you may disapprove of my vision of a more integrated society... surely your mistress does not?"
    Under his beard, Thygarn's lips twitched. "That is why I want to make sure the scales are tipped in your favour, Blackheart." he remarked.

"But fine, leave the rings be, let's get back to the terms. [Divide and conquer]." he said, in Dwarven.

"Divide and conquer." he repeated in Common. "I would ask for it to be a strictly one-on-one duel, and then I would pair you with Thurmin and your second with Thaco; I believe it will be easier for you to kill the former, and even if the latter prevails on your second he will be weakened. Of course, the faster you kill Thurmin, the more of an avanatge you'll have upon Thaco. If you feel brave you could also ask for the one-on-one restriction to last only as long as all four of you are able to fight...but if your second falls before Thurmin does, it'd be very bad for you."
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Banned

Griffon

Blackheart shook his head at Thygarn's suggestion. If he was confident in his ability to best Thurmin in one-on-one combat, he wouldn't have allowed Thaco to be brought into it. Not that he'd tell the dwarf of such a glaring weakness in his strategy. "This battle not only needs to be a victory for me, but a dramatic one. Not Divide and Conquer, but Fight as One." Turning away from Thygarn for a moment, Lord Blackheart threw his head back and unleashed a roaring jet of flame to engulf the area. "Our honorable foes will fight and die alongside each other. I shall not use my horn, and probably refrain from messing with their minds too much, to give the audience a true spectacle of battle. If you were to fight alongside me, to secure the power in these halls you desire such, what can you bring to the battle? I believe that I can control them."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Thygarn remained impassive at the dragonborn's fiery display. "What can I bring? I can strengthen Her grip on my enemies' souls, or mend the wounds of my allies. I can immolate my foes in the flames of Gehenna, or crush their bones with my hammer." he said, proudly. "But I thought you said you wanted one of your warriors? I don't care about giving spectacle. I want to win, and show overwhelming force to...dissuade from further seditious acts."
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.