Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Gluteus_Maximus' 5E Rollstraveganza (OOC)

Figured I'd toss up an OOC for the sake of planning, questions, chatter . . . all that good stuff?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Gluteus_Maximus' 5E Rollstraveganza (OOC)

Sarissa is shaping up to be a rather lackadaisical lass.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Character sheet for future reference!

Spoiler: Viscount Corbin Maximillian Hollow of Arkhos (Half-Elf Draconic Sorcerer, Noble Background)
    Show
    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Charisma: 17
    Constitution: 15
    Intelligence: 13
    Wisdom: 12
    Dexterity: 10
    Strength: 8

Racial Features: Darkvision, Skill Versatility (Two skills of my choice), Fey Ancestry (Advantage vs. Charmed, magic can't put me to sleep)
    Languages: Common, Elven, Orc, Dwarf, Halfling, Draconic

HP: 7/11 (+1 due to Draconic Resilience)
    AC: 13 (due to Draconic Resilience)
    Saving Throw Proficiencies: Charisma, Constitution
    Skills: Intimidate, Arcana, Religion, Deception, History, Persuasion,
    Starting Equipment: Quarterstaff, Arcane Focus (Rod), Explorer's Pack, Two Daggers, Fine Clothes, Signet Ring, Scroll of Pedigree

Sorcerous Origin: Draconic Magic (Bronze)
    Cantrips: Shocking Grasp, Blade Ward, Dancing Lights, Mage Hand
    Spells Known (Lvl. 1): Witch Bolt, Magic Missile, Mage Armor
    Spell Slots: 3

Noble
    Feature: Position of Privilege

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Corbin Hollow is the fifth of twelve children, scion to Count Maximillian Hollow of Arkhos. The Hollows have the blood of Bronze dragons within them, and they have ruled their County for centuries through their own considerable inborn magical power. This is only part of the story behind the enduring Hollow dynasty, however; the family has governed itself and its people for centuries through a strict code of noblesse oblige that constrains the scions of the Hollow family to right and just action as rulers and as individuals. To be born into the Hollow family is to be born superior and be forced to act accordingly EVERY DAY.

Corbin grew up with his eleven siblings, well aware that he would never be Count like is father and grandfather, but still profoundly aware of the obligations inherent to his own power and privilege. With a form of altruism bordering on arrogance, he immersed himself in study and in courtly matters, trying with bullheaded determination to act in a sovereign manner befitting his station and rank. The manifestation of his powers in his sixteenth year was accepted as yet another gift he had to be worthy of and use to the fullest extent possible. And so it was that, at eighteen years, he wholeheartedly followed the usual urging that accompanies superfluous noble sons: "Go out there and make something of yourself!"

Corbin has been roving for two years now, serving the needs of the "common folk" (this same folks that he prostrates his service to without fully understanding) as best as he can discern how. He is beneficent and magnanimous, yes, but proud and very nearly skirts being holier-than-thou on a daily basis. He dreams of growing in power, a brightly-burning star of dragonfire scouring the lands clean of wrongdoing or woe. Yes, Corbin will do ANYTHING he can to solve EVERYTHING . . . even if it costs everything.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Standing tall at a slim 6'1'', Corbin Hollow's jet-black hair and scorching blue eyes immediately draw the eye. Combined with his clipped goatee and magisterial bearing beneath his fine cloth robes, he gives the impression of some sort of inquisitor. This is only alleviated when his features relax into a wide, somewhat common smile. Beneath his shirt, he is heavily tattooed with storm and dragon motifs all along his torso and creeping down his arms.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Corbin is one accustomed to command. He may defer to one of greater expertise or of sounder tactical planning, but he will make it very clear that he is ACTIVELY deferring. He is driven above all to act in the face of injustices, and standing by idly is abhorrent to his very nature. He can be haughty and imperious, or charming and gregarious, but he is NEVER withdrawn or cold. Fires burn in his very soul, and these might give forth luminous joy, scorching rage, or anything in between.

Personality Traits
    -Prince and Pauper: I might be a flint-eyed lord to some and a guffawing rake to others. Nobility is a code of behavior, but lordship is a tool to be used and discarded as the need arises.
    -Monarchical Monologuing: When pressed, I become loquacious and grandstand to no small degree. Why taunt when I can monologue?

Ideal
    -Noblesse obligé: I bear the weight of sovereignty upon my shoulders, with all of the boons and obligations that this entails. I am not a hero; I am a sovereign. I will act in the best interests of my people, even if that means committing atrocities in their name.

Bond
    -Leviathan: I am responsible for the welfare of my commonwealth. Without that responsibility, I am only an upjumped mage.

Flaw
    -The Confidence of Kings: I quite simply cannot be wrong, or admit doubt. I will consider courses of actions beforehand, but once committed I will persevere in the face of the gods themselves.
    Last edited by herodofcows; 2017-01-02 at 10:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Sarissa is shaping up to be a rather lackadaisical lass.
    That's one word for it, yes! Actually, I was wondering: is there a reason you're trying to get a rise out of this dude, or is this more of a character choice while playing Sarissa?

5. - Top - End - #5

Initially, Sarissa was merely suspicious of this 9' tall skeleman and his red-eye glowing horse.

Now, though, she's testing that. If he truly is harmless, her annoyance of him won't do anyone any harm. If he isn't truly harmless, he's likely to lash out at the person who's been pissing him off-namely, Sarissa. And Sarissa can take whatever punishment he dishes out (well, once. After that, she'll be on 3 HP with no armour, so...) whereas someone else? Might not be able to.

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm wondering if my PC should tear his own eyes out, or put an arrow in the gaunt man
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all

Extended Sig

D&D Alignment history

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arkhen's character sheet, for ease of access.

Honestly, 2d8, if you tried to shoot him I'd likely join in. I seriously want to make at least one hole in him before this is over.

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Yeah, my half orc barb wouldn't care one way or the other if you tried to destroy what is obviously a lich and can kill us all in one swipe. Because he has poor impulse control with his mighty 5 wisdom score. I'm so excited about that score. :)

Character sheet for reference.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Elymas is a city boy and a born gentleman (though in actual ethos), so he does not see the reason to get dirty and certainly no reason to fight something like that.

Character sheet

10. - Top - End - #10

Ouch! I was hoping to not Martyr myself this early, but if I don't get healed soon... Might just happen.

Edit: I knew I should've been a Botanist... :P
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2016-12-08 at 11:55 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, I have an announcement of sorts.
    I have been PMing with herodofcows regarding his and ProudGrognard's post speeds due to time zone and work time, and I've come to a conclusion: we do an experiment.
    For the next week or so, we will only do 1-3 posts a day out of combat, 1 round of combat a day during combat.
    Because I don't feel like just killing their characters off and/or just cutting them out of the game entirely.
    After this point, we'll vote on whether this is working or that we should just cut Corbin and Elymas from the story.
    Because I don't want to go into this blindly without trying every option.
    Just wanted to make this clear so that we don't have some of us confused and waiting all day for a reply to something when we'd already done our limit.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    Okay, I have an announcement of sorts.
    I have been PMing with herodofcows regarding his and ProudGrognard's post speeds due to time zone and work time, and I've come to a conclusion: we do an experiment.
    For the next week or so, we will only do 1-3 posts a day out of combat, 1 round of combat a day during combat.
    Because I don't feel like just killing their characters off and/or just cutting them out of the game entirely.
    After this point, we'll vote on whether this is working or that we should just cut Corbin and Elymas from the story.
    Because I don't want to go into this blindly without trying every option.
    Just wanted to make this clear so that we don't have some of us confused and waiting all day for a reply to something when we'd already done our limit.
    No need for this, and I appreciate the heads up. I noticed myself that the game is going faster than I can follow, I do not want to slow everyone down and I pretty sure I cannot much the other players' speed. So I think I will retire. There will be other games, and the party is certainly large enough.

So, guys, have fun and see you around! No hard feelings.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Someone find a young Ellen Page lookalike and get Troy Baker on the phone. This just went full Last of Us.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

ProudGrognard: All right, I'll play Elymas until I can kill him off properly.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Our we could have Elymas having enough of dirt roads and balls and head of back to the city.

16. - Top - End - #16

That sounds fine, but does that mean we should post just to say "stays silent and watches"?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Well, if your character is just going to be doing just that, then yeah.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

herodofcows/2D8HP I was going to send a PM to you regarding this current initiative, but herodofcows' PM box is full, so I couldn't send it! Just post your actions on the OGG thread.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Freed up space! And you mean post them in this thread, or in the main game?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

OGG = OnGoing Games
    AKA the thread we've been on so far

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Whoopsies! Messed up my Perception roll.

(1d20+1)[14]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Literally my routine right now:
    I binge-watch YouTube videos, and then I hear a buzzing sound from my right.
    I look 45 degrees to my right, and then I see a purple light blinking on my phone. I turn it on, see the notification for a new post, swipe it away, and then turn off my phone.
    I then reload the latest page, type whatever I need to type, then go back to YouTube. Oh, and here might be a notification now.

23. - Top - End - #23

So, wait a second, 2D8HP. How did Erevan go from 10 12 8 8 3 9 to 12 16 13 8 16 10 with the 5e wood elf bonuses of +2 dex and +1 wis? Is there another edition of D&D with bonuses that somehow get your scores to that? We're playing 5e.
    OOC: How exactly is your shortbow +7?
    Gluteus_Maximus

While my RAW mastery isn't perfect so I welcome advice on that, I'm getting the impression that you think I'm deliberately trying to cheat, first when I choose standard array, then because my Fighter had Archery Fighting Style.

Shall I drop out?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Nah, don't. I was the one who got it wrong. I forgot that you got archery.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

2D8HP: I saw your recent PM, and I wanted to send a reply... But I can't send it because your inbox is too full! I'll just paste the message here.

What? I didn't say anything about cheating... I'm allowing you to do something... There is no favoritism here. The tower has equipment in it. Kaltos can pick up some equipment there. He'll be back up from 3 pretty soon. I said nothing about how equipment was chosen, so I didn't say anything about how your character is overpowered.

I assure you, there is no favoritism here.

26. - Top - End - #26

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? 50 gp

So, wait a second, 2D8HP. How did Erevan go from 10 12 8 8 3 9 to 12 16 13 8 16 10 with the 5e wood elf bonuses of +2 dex and +1 wis? Is there another edition of D&D with bonuses that somehow get your scores to that? We're playing 5e.
    OOC: How exactly is your shortbow +7?
    [SPOILER=OOC]You guys were great. I hope you have fun, sorry to leave
    [/SPOILER
    Erevan, with each blow he delivers shouts out the name of a loved one
    Rolen! Andraste!, Riardon!, Lia!, Thia!
    as he receives wounds, he still whispers the names of the Dragon Blood Tree tribe as he joins them in death, the last name he speaks is
    Mialee

Extended Sig

D&D Alignment history

Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

I was only confused, I said nothing about cheating... Whatever. Do your thing.

28. - Top - End - #28

I was confused as well.
    I thought our PC's were limited to 50gp's worth of equipment (not a big deal to spell casters perhaps, but a very big deal to a fighter).

I also felt that I was accused of cheating twice

The other players were great, and came to my defense early on, and pointed out why, and I hope I'm lucky enough to play another game with them

But I found the double standard too upsetting.Sorry guys, you were great, and I hope I'm lucky enough to get to play another game with you.
    But I may be oversensitive,but I just didn't feel comfortable continuing.

Extended Sig

D&D Alignment history

29. - Top - End - #29

Just leaving this here... :P

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Can I convince the DM to use "Milestone" experience system (aka leveling up after some milestone, such as winning a boss battle) instead of individually tracking experience? Selfish reasons really: first, I'd rather not track experience if possible, and second, it would suck to be a level behind the others during an encounter that is tailored towards a higher-leveled party

Also, it's been challenging to gather everyone's data together. Here's a preliminary version of a group character sheet I do for the games I join in. I have yet to hunt down each character's color code, and I'm not sure if Sicarius Victis and JNAProductions intended their characters to have black hair, black skin, and black eyes as per their Mythweavers sheets.

There's a little issue with Zanan's skills:

• According to your sheet, Zanan has the following skills: Athletics, Acrobatics, Stealth, Animal Handling, and Intimidation.
    • The Folk Hero background gives Animal Handling and Survival, while the Half-Orc race has free Intimidation.
    • Barbarians only get the following choices: Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Nature, Perception, and Survival.
    • This means, your character doesn't have access to either Acrobatics or Stealth. One of them must be changed to Survival, while the other must be either Nature or Perception.
    • In my sheet, I've changed over Acrobatics to Survival, and Stealth to Perception. I am of course assuming this was not already approved, so do let me know if the DM has approved it.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2016-12-15 at 01:16 AM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC