Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Down the Blighted Path (out-of-character)

Player Character Name Character Class(es) (Archetypes) Alignment Religion (or lack thereof) Race Gender Age Character Sheet
    rogue_alchemist Tess Almstedt Oracle 5 Lawful Neutral The Heavens Half-Elf Male 50 http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1024022
    HappyMerecat Nythen Makeara Wizard 5 Chaotic Good Elf Male http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=423607
    zylodrizzt Tremor Stoneshaker Kineticist 5 Lawful Neutral None Dwarf Male 28 http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1025320
    oono Roy Salvatore Summoner 5 Human Male 22 http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1029318[br]http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1029338
    Last edited by ybn1197; 2017-02-07 at 08:35 AM.
    Lily: What's happening?
    The Doctor: No idea. Do what I do; hold tight and pretend its a plan.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:30 pm EST till Mondays around 7:30 am EST.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Down the Blighted Path (out-of-character)

Daren checking in.

Guys, what about the wands? Are we doing this or not? I strongly suggest yes (300 gp each for two wands of celestial healing, and then a communal pool). And since we may be facing undead, some scrolls/spells against paralysis and the like would be nice.

3. - Top - End - #3

HalflingRogueGuy

Tess came to town with some of the first trade caravans, having hired himself out as a divine healer for the group, though mostly he just talked his way into the group with vague promises of helping keep them alive. Being charismatic had its perks, and Tess relied on them heavily to get by without revealing too much about himself. He always kept his ear out for anything that might relate to his abilities and those who might share his gifts. Seeing the Spring Festival though was sure to be a good place, with all the gold and magic items they give out for the during the Spring Muddle. Tess took this opportunity to explore and meet people as the caravan sold its wares and his services were no longer needed. Tess mostly hung out in taverns to see who he could meet and chat up.

OOC: Tess only has about 170 GP left, so he won't be able to contribute to the wands as much. Though if someone else wants to make up for the lack of funds, he will definitely chip in what he has. I already have a wand of CLW, so if you want me to not have bought that and take this celestial healing wand instead I can chip in closer to 250 GP. I also took a scroll of Comprehend Languages because its seems useful to be able to talk to various creature, but maybe we have all the languages covered between us and don't need it as much?
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2016-12-13 at 11:10 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ProudGrognard View Post
    Daren checking in.
    And when did Daren arrive?

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:30 pm EST till Mondays around 7:30 am EST.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Tess came to town with some of the first trade caravans, having hired himself out as a divine healer for the group, though mostly he just talked his way into the group with vague promises of helping keep them alive. Being charismatic had its perks, and Tess relied on them heavily to get by without revealing too much about himself. He always kept his ear out for anything that might relate to his abilities and those who might share his gifts. Seeing the Spring Festival though was sure to be a good place, with all the gold and magic items they give out for the during the Spring Muddle. Tess took this opportunity to explore and meet people as the caravan sold its wares and his services were no longer needed. Tess mostly hung out in taverns to see who he could meet and chat up.

OOC: Tess only has about 170 GP left, so he won't be able to contribute to the wands as much. Though if someone else wants to make up for the lack of funds, he will definitely chip in what he has. I already have a wand of CLW, so if you want me to not have bought that and take this celestial healing wand instead I can chip in closer to 250 GP. I also took a scroll of Comprehend Languages because its seems useful to be able to talk to various creature, but maybe we have all the languages covered between us and don't need it as much?
    I have spare funds to cover you. I suggest that we buy the extra wands instead of you buying the CLW on your own. I can lend you the 50 gp.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ybn1197 View Post
    And when did Daren arrive?
    I was thinking to cover that in the IC. Deran arrived the same day, actually passing by on his way to Druma and then Lastwall. He had accompanied a caravan, paying his way and accommodation offering protection. He thought to buy a horse and then move on, while enjoying the festival.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Roy came to town to see the spring festival. He sets out to find people of like minds

I am fine with pooling our money for wands.

8. - Top - End - #8

HalflingRogueGuy

I had never heard of this wand of Celestial Healing, so I did some digging, and it does not seem very efficient to me. The other options (though admittedly more expensive per person) are:

Healing Belt: heal 6d8 in 3 rounds or 4d8 in 1 round USEABLE 1/day (750 GP)

Wand of CLW: heal 1d8+1 (avg 5.5 HP) per pop for a total of 275 HP on average (750 GP)

Wand of Lesser Vigor: gives fast healing 1 for 11 rounds (750 GP)

Wand of Celestial Healing: gives fast healing 1 for 1/2 a round? (750 GP) or for 1 round at 1500 GP

We are better off buying some 2 Healing Belts and passing them around than to spend money for the Wand of Celestial Healing. and a wand of lesser vigor is way better anyways for cheaper. That's my two-cp.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

I had never heard of this wand of Celestial Healing, so I did some digging, and it does not seem very efficient to me. The other options (though admittedly more expensive per person) are:

Healing Belt: heal 6d8 in 3 rounds or 4d8 in 1 round USEABLE 1/day (750 GP)

Wand of CLW: heal 1d8+1 (avg 5.5 HP) per pop for a total of 275 HP on average (750 GP)

Wand of Lesser Vigor: gives fast healing 1 for 11 rounds (750 GP)

Wand of Celestial Healing: gives fast healing 1 for 1/2 a round? (750 GP) or for 1 round at 1500 GP

We are better off buying some 2 Healing Belts and passing them around than to spend money for the Wand of Celestial Healing. and a wand of lesser vigor is way better anyways for cheaper. That's my two-cp.
    I think that the Healing Belt and the Kesser Vigor spell are from 3.5 not PF. Also, I think that the belt needs to be worn for a day to be effective, so no passing around. Finally, I think that celestial healing works for I rounds, this for 8 HPs. However,I am away from books, so not sure.

10. - Top - End - #10

HalflingRogueGuy

My bad, you're right, Lesser Vigor and Healing Belt are DnD 3.5, but I still think a wand of CLW is better than a wand of Celestial Healing. How is 1 HP (the spell only last 1 round per 2 CL) better than an average of 5.5 HP for CLW?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

My bad, you're right, Lesser Vigor and Healing Belt are DnD 3.5, but I still think a wand of CLW is better than a wand of Celestial Healing. How is 1 HP (the spell only last 1 round per 2 CL) better than an average of 5.5 HP for CLW?
    That was actually my bad. I thought that celestial healing was a mirror of Infernal healing, which lasts for a minute, thus for 8 rounds. Apparently, it does not and CLW is indeed better. Let's buy CLW wands then!

12. - Top - End - #12

HalflingRogueGuy

Alright, well I already have one, so whoever else wants to pool their money can buy some more.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

I have a CLW wands

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

I say the rest of the party contributes to the cost of these two wands. We will all be using this. And let's buy the next ones from a common pool.

15. - Top - End - #15

HalflingRogueGuy

I am fine with these first set being out of personal funds, but I definitely agree that future wands should be out of some common pool. We are not quite high enough level yet to need multiple wands of CLW to survive (though it never hurts), but as we level their relative cost won't be such a big cut of our loot either.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

I already have one what about a wand to find traps?
    Could I have lived here for a bit and worked as a mason?
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2016-12-13 at 02:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Yeah, that is fine.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Nythen checking in.

Not sure a bonus to spot traps is really worth a wand. I can kick is whatever for the healing wand, as I am bad at buying gear for casters. Any suggestions appreciated. Nythen is a knowledge monkey.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

It lets you get auto checks as you approach as well

20. - Top - End - #20

HalflingRogueGuy

@HappyMerecat, ybn1197 will want to know what Nythen is doing in town and when he arrived.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

@HappyMerecat, ybn1197 will want to know what Nythen is doing in town and when he arrived.
    Yeah, thanks. Was gonna do that last night but the motel was freezing and was huddling under my blankets.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

So... what happens now? It seems we are in limbo for some days now. Are we waiting for something?

23. - Top - End - #23

HalflingRogueGuy

I think ybn is waiting for everyone to check in with their character and say when and how they came to the town. Then he will give us some prompt in character (presumably based on when/how we came to town) and we will start adventuring.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

I think everyone has checked in just waiting on the GM to start us off

25. - Top - End - #25

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Sorry. Things turned real busy late Wednesday and all of yesterday. Today doesn't look much better so I will start the game off Monday morning. That gives everyone the weekend to discuss characters and make final preps.

HappyMerecat I still need to know when Nythen arrived.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Sorry. Things turned real busy late Wednesday and all of yesterday. Today doesn't look much better so I will start the game off Monday morning. That gives everyone the weekend to discuss characters and make final preps.

HappyMerecat I still need to know when Nythen arrived.
    Sorry, gonna say he has been in town about half a year working as a herbalist and studying dwarves.

Nythen is a wandering brightness seeker, an academic and a wizard. He has sought knowledge, enlightenment and enough coin to get by. He travels Golarion, exploring and often living here and there for months or years. Nythen came to the town about half a year ago.
    Last edited by HappyMerecat; 2016-12-16 at 01:46 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Sorry everyone. Had a post almost finished during a break to start the game and a brown-out wiped everything out as my machine rebooted. Have to get back to work. Will re-write the post tonight from home.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Sorry everyone. Had a post almost finished during a break to start the game and a brown-out wiped everything out as my machine rebooted. Have to get back to work. Will re-write the post tonight from home.
    Well that sucks. Sorry about that :(

29. - Top - End - #29

HalflingRogueGuy

I know how that goes. I am taken to almost exclusively typing up long important posts in word documents (and saving periodically) because it happens more often than seems right to me. Sorry you gotta redo everything, hopefully it goes much more smoothly the second time around.

30. - Top - End - #30

DwarfBarbarianGuy

In-character thread is live here