Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: MASS CHAOS I: Better Name Not Found

Now I feel bad

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Silent_Interim is back in the game with a brand new role. Now we have one more player than we started with.:small wink:

Edit: Keep in mind, Silent_Interim never got their original role PM, so they have no extra information.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2017-01-05 at 06:39 AM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 1 Over

The mass chaos is too much to handle. Or, rather, it would be if it was in full effect yet. But darkness hasn't even fallen once since the chaos began, so it isn't so bad. However, no one can decide on someone to kill. People are laying blame all over the place, but there's a lack of agreement. Eventually, it comes down to two people. When they can't even decide between those two, someone throws a bomb to make the decision for them.

BOOM!

It fails to kill anyone. Eventually, some of the people leave, giving one side the clear advantage. All's well that ends well... Just not for town.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Ramsus would have died, but he didn't.
    TBFProgrammer died. He was the Town Jester.

Spoiler: Player List
    Show
    Player Died? Role
    Xihirli
    ThePhantom
    Thematthew
    Ramsus
    igordragonian
    Nozza
    Generic-Guy
    Pelican
    Eggel
    OrbitalPanic
    Kish
    Logic
    Elenna
    Duneyrr
    TBFProgrammer Day 1 Jester
    flatfooted
    Aventine
    Ramsus (again)
    Thematthew (Third Party)
    Libro
    Generic-Guy (Other Side)
    Silent_Interim

Begin Night 1
    Let's see if we can do this in 48 hours.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2017-01-05 at 06:02 PM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Wait.
    What?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still missing a reasonable portion of actions, so I'll prolong the night 24 hours, but that will be the deadline no matter what.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Night 1 Over

Some hoped the night would bring some calm, but it turns out the day was the calm and the night was the storm. There are footsteps everywhere. Everyone tries to keep quiet, but there is an air of restlessness. Everyone pretends they aren't nervous, but everyone is out working as hard s they can to find the evil and eradicate it. It doesn't work. Rather, the morning brings only the death of another good guy. A rather normal one at that.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Duneyyr died. he was the Basic Villager.

Begin Day 2
    Last edited by Duck999; 2017-01-08 at 06:38 PM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Xihirli.

Everything we've seen has pointed towards our entry posts being our actual roles. If Xi doesn't flip Devil, feel free to lynch me next.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Colossus in the Playground

That's pretty compelling. Xihirli it is. If she's not a wolf she's at least someone who should try to make a case that she isn't.
    Last edited by Kish; 2017-01-11 at 01:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flatfooted View Post
    Xihirli.

Everything we've seen has pointed towards our entry posts being our actual roles. If Xi doesn't flip Devil, feel free to lynch me next.
    Really? Ramsus requested Jester?

My case: I cast a D1 vote for the leading wagon because there were two votes on me and that has never not led to me being the leading wagon. Ever. In my WWing experience. For you guys it's nothing, for me it means my death is like two minutes away.

The only thing any of you have on me is a D1 vote. That is not any evidence.
    I win when the wolves are dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    I'd like in! Kitchen sink games are fun as long as I'm not the basic villager
    Duneyrr specifically asked NOT to be the Basic Villager.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    In as the miller jester, honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    TBFProgrammer died. He was the Town Jester.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    I'd like in! Kitchen sink games are fun as long as I'm not the basic villager
    Duneyyr died. he was the Basic Villager.
    TBF mentioned a jester.
    Duneyrr remarked upon the Basic Villager.
    My money is on Xihirli getting exactly the same treatment as the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Make me the devil!
    To be fair, yes. Duneyrr asked not to be a basic villager. We all, at least those of us who mentioned something, seem to have a role based on the text in our entry posts. We're 2 for 2 in that instance, which is hard to deny. Heck, 3 for 3 since I know what my power is.
    Quote Originally Posted by flatfooted View Post
    I'm just hoping for a power that will get me to the end of the game, preferably alive.
    Last edited by flatfooted; 2017-01-08 at 09:11 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Xihirli, since i am realy the vanilla icecream.

And my Other Side? I am not sure, but i think it is just me from behind...
    Last edited by Generic-Guy; 2017-01-09 at 09:34 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

I'm a town power role with vote manipulation powers.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

13. - Top - End - #73

Guessing flatfooted is unkillable, or something similar.

I do think there's a real possibility that "the Devil" is a town role in this game, but Xihirli remains at least as good a choice as anyone else, unless we want to shoot at one of Generic-Guy or Ramsus again for being two-faced (or more? is one of them three-faced?).

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

I'll vote for Kish for calling me (possibly) two-faced. Mostly because I don't want to lynch Xihirli again right away.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-01-10 at 05:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground

I could buy that our roles are based on our opening posts. Logic has my originally intended role, but I can attest my new one fits.

Generic Guy probably is evil. Or something. I dunno.

Also... it has occurred to all of you that there could be a death-obscuring role, right? I've seen games with the Janitor, who can clean up corpses so that their role cannot be identified. I could buy someone having "Makes them appear as basic villager if they die in the next night, clean up X bodies." Because Duneyyr being basic villager seems like it would be the height of unfun.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    I could buy that our roles are based on our opening posts. Logic has my originally intended role, but I can attest my new one fits.

Generic Guy probably is evil. Or something. I dunno.

Also... it has occurred to all of you that there could be a death-obscuring role, right? I've seen games with the Janitor, who can clean up corpses so that their role cannot be identified. I could buy someone having "Makes them appear as basic villager if they die in the next night, clean up X bodies." Because Duneyyr being basic villager seems like it would be the height of unfun.
    If I had to guess, I'd say that the role reveals are accurate, especially since Duneyrr hinted that he was basic villager yesterday. However, like you said, actually giving Xihirli the devil and Duneyrr the basic villager would be kind of boring for Duneyrr and unfair to X (and her wolf team) since it would be a pretty easy lynch for village, so my guess is that the roles work differently than expected.

That being the case, I want to know what kind of vote manipulation powers X has now that she's claimed. At the very least, I feel like that's need-to-know info for town if we're going to be able to accurately control the lynch. Plus it possibly gives us a way to test the truth of her role claim. Not that a vote manipulation role couldn't still be a wolf, but I think I'd prefer to decide guilt or innocence the merit of X's behavior rather than guessing what roles are town or wolf in game called Mass Chaos. (If I recall correctly, it was hard enough in Duck Hunt. Didn't we lynch villager X because we didn't believe her claim in that game?)

So that's Xihirli.

Generic-Guy is the next most confusing player for me. Having a role on both sides should mean that he's both town and wolf. Yesterday, to answer this, he claimed that there were more than two sides, that one of his roles was vanilla ice cream, and that he has to vote in white with that role. If you count the votes, TBF is only lynched if you count GG's second vote (I think. Can someone confirm that I didn't miscout?) If I did count right, then the least we know about him is that he does in fact get two votes, including a vote in white. (So be sure to check all GG posts fr white text)

The problem here is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Generic-Guy
    And my Other Side? I am not sure, but i think it is just me from behind...
    Now we've gotten multiple stories for the "both sides" thing. Moves GG up to the top of the suspect list until his stories add up. Probably as an unconnected wolf so that the game isn't broken.

The other problem, though, is how do we control which one we lynch, and how do we figure out which one is the wolf? If we just vote for Generic Guy we might kill the villager half. Maybe we have to vote for Vanilla Ice Cream?

I don't know.

I do think it's in villager GG's best interest to sell out wolf GG, or at the very least to explain what's going on here.

Other thoughts and guesses on opening post shenanigans:
    -Maybe Ramsus had two roles, or a double role of some sort, but lost one life, triggered by a beast effect related to the Jester being lynched? That would explain the "Ramsus should have died" comment, but it would also mean that TBF did not have a normal Jester role; usually Jester is third party and wins by being lynched, and has no beast component. A town role with a beast component would be kind of cruel on Duck's part as well...

-Thematthew is the other person who signed up twice...but he only voted once yesterday, which is kind of weird. One of his roles is third party? The other could be town or wolf...(or third party, I guess)

-If there's anyone with the role "pony" they should probably be afraid of the "pony destroyer" igordragonian....

That's enough of a block of text for now.
    Last edited by Pelican; 2017-01-09 at 01:38 AM.
    Carthago Delenda Est

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

In the night I choose a person, and their vote is controlled by me.
    I was voided tonight, though.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78

Generic-Guy, because of Pelican's argument and I definitely could see Duck999 making a town Devil role to mess with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    -Maybe Ramsus had two roles, or a double role of some sort, but lost one life, triggered by a beast effect related to the Jester being lynched? That would explain the "Ramsus should have died" comment, but it would also mean that TBF did not have a normal Jester role; usually Jester is third party and wins by being lynched, and has no beast component. A town role with a beast component would be kind of cruel on Duck's part as well...
    I can think of two other ideas pertaining to this.
    1) A tie lynches both individuals, and Ramsus is immune to such a scenario.
    2) As 1, but Ramsus had an extra life and thus survived.

An extra life theory could also explain why Ramsus has only voted once so far. (Though they could just be waiting before voting again...)
    Last edited by Grand Arbiter; 2017-01-09 at 09:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

If I had to guess, I'd say that the role reveals are accurate, especially since Duneyrr hinted that he was basic villager yesterday. However, like you said, actually giving Xihirli the devil and Duneyrr the basic villager would be kind of boring for Duneyrr and unfair to X (and her wolf team) since it would be a pretty easy lynch for village, so my guess is that the roles work differently than expected.

That being the case, I want to know what kind of vote manipulation powers X has now that she's claimed. At the very least, I feel like that's need-to-know info for town if we're going to be able to accurately control the lynch. Plus it possibly gives us a way to test the truth of her role claim. Not that a vote manipulation role couldn't still be a wolf, but I think I'd prefer to decide guilt or innocence the merit of X's behavior rather than guessing what roles are town or wolf in game called Mass Chaos. (If I recall correctly, it was hard enough in Duck Hunt. Didn't we lynch villager X because we didn't believe her claim in that game?)

So that's Xihirli.
    Makes sence, i agree and moved off Xihirli. And yes, the basic villiger worked diffrent than you thinked.

Generic-Guy is the next most confusing player for me. Having a role on both sides should mean that he's both town and wolf. Yesterday, to answer this, he claimed that there were more than two sides, that one of his roles was vanilla ice cream, and that he has to vote in white with that role. If you count the votes, TBF is only lynched if you count GG's second vote (I think. Can someone confirm that I didn't miscout?) If I did count right, then the least we know about him is that he does in fact get two votes, including a vote in white. (So be sure to check all GG posts fr white text)
    This vote in white should be a joke, a bad one, but just a joke. If i die because of this, i am like some Fleeing Coward.
    I am one just one side, as far as i can and/or are alowed to tell, and this side is town.

The problem here is this:

Now we've gotten multiple stories for the "both sides" thing. Moves GG up to the top of the suspect list until his stories add up. Probably as an unconnected wolf so that the game isn't broken.

The other problem, though, is how do we control which one we lynch, and how do we figure out which one is the wolf? If we just vote for Generic Guy we might kill the villager half. Maybe we have to vote for Vanilla Ice Cream?

I don't know.

I do think it's in villager GG's best interest to sell out wolf GG, or at the very least to explain what's going on here.

Other thoughts and guesses on opening post shenanigans:

-Thematthew is the other person who signed up twice...but he only voted once yesterday, which is kind of weird. One of his roles is third party? The other could be town or wolf...(or third party, I guess)

-If there's anyone with the role "pony" they should probably be afraid of the "pony destroyer" igordragonian....

That's enough of a block of text for now.
    Well, i am the Vanilla Icecream, together whit the Basic Villager were we the masons,
    seeking for the Vanilliger to add him to our small circle of masons.
    We got a scry for this and it only shows if someone is a Vanilliger.
    Our, or currently my, other power is to boost a single powerrole.

We, I, got recently no conections i see no reason for you to belive me, but if the Vanilliger reads this...
    Conntact me today, so that i can scr you tonight and, should you tell the true, give you the mason-powers.

I am a bad powerrole-player. At least let me live this night, so that i can pass my powers to someone that plays better than i do.

Also, Duck999, respond in the QT.
    Last edited by Generic-Guy; 2017-01-09 at 09:54 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

I don't have any lynch protection or extra lives, though those were interesting guesses (Li)bro. I think GG claiming mason is a decent enough reason not to vote for him for now (then again for obvious reasons I discourage voting for people because of what they asked for during signup).
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-01-10 at 05:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Player List
    Show
    Player Died? Role
    Xihirli
    ThePhantom
    Thematthew
    Ramsus
    igordragonian
    Nozza
    Generic-Guy
    Pelican
    Eggel
    OrbitalPanic
    Kish
    Logic
    Elenna
    Duneyrr Night 1 Basic Villager
    TBFProgrammer Day 1 Jester
    flatfooted
    Aventine
    Ramsus (again)
    Thematthew (Third Party)
    Libro
    Generic-Guy (Other Side)
    Silent_Interim

Generic-Guy
    Votes Xihirli, strikes out his Xihirli vote without voting for someone else, then claims mason, and finally deflects on voting in white by explaining in white...
    Something fishy is going on, and that is separate of his "two-sides" issue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

At first, I thought that the whole "sign me up as the other side" stuff was added to the player list as a joke, but seeing that people (in some way or form) have gotten their requested powers, I'm regretful I didn't do this myself.
    As for the vote,
    Generic-Guy: I do believe in the add the mason thing, but I am distrustful of it's purpose, especially because of the "behind me" thing. Could you explain that?
    Xihirli: The vote manipulation seems good for town, if you are on team town (are there teams besides town and wolves?), that is.
    The thing is, I don't distrust anyone so far to actually vote for them, mostly due to the lack of info/reasoning, and the whole multiple roles/teams thing doesn't help.
    I'll just throw out a not-actual-vote for thematthew because third parties don't help town? I really don't know.
    But I'm pretty.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

So.. are we saying our roles now?
    I can live with that..
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Poking Elenna.
    Last edited by Thematthew; 2017-01-09 at 09:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

And I'll poke ThePhantom .
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2017-01-10 at 04:22 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86

I don't want to risk lynching a mason, so I'll switch to poking OrbitalPanic

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Vote count from yesterday ignoring any vote manipulation and ignoring Generic-Guy's white vote:
    Generic-Guy: 5 (Pelican, Kish, flatfooted, Orbital Panic, Elenna)
    TBFProgrammer: 5 (Libro, Ramsus. Thematthew, Generic-Guy, Xihirli)
    Eggel: 2 (Ramsus, TBFProgrammer)
    Xihirli: 2 (Duneyrr, Logic)
    Logic/Silent_Interim: 1 (igordragonian)
    flatfooted: 1 (Aventine)
    Ramsus: 1 (Eggel)

Generic-Guy voted for TBFProgrammer a second time in white.
    So if that second vote did count (or some other vote manipulation was involved, I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone got extra votes), TBFProgrammer was lynched and I have no idea what happened with Ramsus.
    Otherwise, if there was actually a tie, the person who was lynched becomes random.

From the end-of-day narration:
    However, no one can decide on someone to kill. People are laying blame all over the place, but there's a lack of agreement. Eventually, it comes down to two people. When they can't even decide between those two, someone throws a bomb to make the decision for them.

BOOM!

It fails to kill anyone. Eventually, some of the people leave, giving one side the clear advantage. All's well that ends well... Just not for town.
    Sounds like a tie happened, and somehow the bomb didn't kill anyone.
    From "Ramsus would have died, but he didn't." it sounds like the tie RNG hit Ramsus.

Theory: Maybe there was a tie and Ramsus was lynched by RNG but they have some one-time power to deflect the lynch onto the person they voted for? I can't decide if that would be a reasonable townie power or not, but it makes me side-eye Ramsus a little.
    Or maybe Duck lied in the opening post and Ramsus actually has the power to choose the victim in case of a tie?
    IDK, I just find it interesting that Ramsus "should have died" and the person who actually died is the person Ramsus voted for. Although the fact that TBF was actually one of the leading wagons makes the connection more confusing/possibly irrelevant.

I could see Xihirli being town after her sign-up post just because, well, mass chaos. I could also see her being wolf as a double-bluff. Not suspicious enough to vote for her now, though.

I'd really like to have a explanation for that "me from behind" comment from Generic-Guy.
    Normally I'd trust an uncounterclaimed mason, but I'm not sure there even are masons in this game, so the lack of a counterclaim isn't as good a proof as it would be in a Classic game. But I'm satisfied enough to not vote him for now.

Which leaves me with a distinct lack of suspects. Thematthew for being third party sounds reasonable?

Also:
    If there's anyone with the role "pony" they should probably be afraid of the "pony destroyer" igordragonian....
    Where are you getting igordragonian's role from? Did I miss something?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yay! Poke worked!

Also, neutrality is not a reason to kill someone, tsk tsk. I mostly say this because I've had multiple people claim to not trust me because of being "a third party" which is weird to me. Who immediately distrusts neutrals?

Since I had gotten a response though I shall now poke: Aventine!
    Last edited by Thematthew; 2017-01-10 at 02:00 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

You apparently have a magic poke. Sadly, I do not have as much to say as Elenna. I'm voting for Xihirli. A couple little things make me mildly suspicious, and I see nothing better.

Also, there can be a difference between a "third party" and neutral. Neutral implies, well, neutrality. A third party can be opposed to both the town and the wolves. Lynching a neutral is (usually) a bad move, lynching a third party may not be.

30. - Top - End - #90

I think the devil Xihirli is most likely town, without a terribly useful power role, but town nonetheless. However, it appears the choice of who to lynch is between her and a mason. That's no choice at all.

I would be delighted if a wagon on pretty much anybody but Generic-Guy, Xihirli, or me picked up enough steam that I could switch to it without worrying that this would result in the death of a mason.