New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Domain Feats Question

Quoting the domain feats general description:
    If you have the ability to turn or rebuke undead, you can gain additional daily uses of a domain feat's benefit by permanently sacrificing daily uses of that ability.
    Quoting one of the feats' description:
    Special: If you have the ability to turn or rebuke undead, you gain one additional daily use of this feat for each daily turn or rebuke use you expend.
    Emphasis mine.

So, which is it? Neither are very specific, but the first implies a Turn Undead daily use permanently sacrificed (possibly as you aquire the feat), while the second implies that you expend on the act Turn Undead uses for that day to get an extra use of the ability.
    Last edited by Aximili; 2007-07-17 at 12:34 AM.
    Join the BARD DEFENSE LEAGUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    "No, that spell is designed to summon cupcakes for you to eat. You can't create it inside your enemy's brain."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Domain Feats Question

The way I read it, they're quite consistent with each other. For the former, you sacrifice a permanent use of a turn/rebuke per day to gain a permanent domain feat use per day. The other just says you can also sacrifice one daily use for another daily use for that day.

It seems redundant, and some might say, "Why would I sacrifice a permanent turn/rebuke if I can do it without losing it permanently?" That I can't answer.

I might be wrong, too.
    — Nicolaos of Aepternacos

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds like Neek is right to me.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

The feats themselves are primary source for how they work. The "permanent loss" thing was probably first draft and not altered to fit the new text when changes were made.