1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Playground Rebels OOC

Spoiler: Houserules
    Show
    Spoiler: Multiclassing
    Show
    Fractional BAB is used for all 3/4 BAB classes. When taking the first level in a new base class, you may take Skill Training in one of that class's skills instead of one of its starting feats.

Spoiler: Droids and Vehicles
    Show
    All machines (including droids and vehicles) have a Constitution score, which will determine their Fortitude defense, HP, and skill bonuses normally. For ease of conversion, existing droids are considered to have Con scores of 10 (and if Large or larger, plus a size modifier equal to the size modifier to Strength), but HP and Fortitude for those droids are not recalculated. Existing starships generally have a Con score equal to their Str score, and the Reinforced Bulkheads upgrade also increases their Con score by +2/4/6.

Concussion Missile launchers take up effectively half the space listed in SotG (1/2/10, respectively). Light and medium armor-piercing concussion missiles have Penetration 10 but -1 die of damage (rather than -5 to attack), and heavy AP missiles have Penetration 25 with -1 die of damage. AP missiles cost 50% more than regular ordnance and a single missile launcher can only be loaded with one type of ordnance at a time.

Projectile weapons ignore half of the target's SR.

Ion weapons are particularly effective against shields: ion damage is not halved until after DR and SR, and any hit by an ion weapon decreases the target's SR by 5 (or decreases it by 10 if the weapon beats the target's SR).

Spoiler: Force Points
    Show
    Instead of the usual per-level pool, player characters have one Force Point per encounter (and an additional point per encounter at higher levels). Force Point Recovery (Core, page 102) increases your encounter pool of Force Points by 1. Force Boon (+3 Force Points per level) is unchanged. Additionally, whenever a character takes an action, they may tap into the Dark Side, increasing their Dark Side score by 1 and immediately receiving a Force Point to use on that action.

Besides their usual uses, Force Points can also be spent to immediately recharge a once-per-encounter ability or to gain access to a Force Power (if Force Sensitive) or Starship Maneuver until the end of the encounter.

Spoiler: Skills
    Show
    Uses of a skill that target another character's defenses will use your Skill Attack Modifier instead of the usual skill score. Your Skill Attack Modifier with a trained skill is equal to your Heroic level (half your level if untrained) plus your Ability modifier. Skill Focus (or Knack) gives another +1 competence bonus to the attack roll, while other bonuses to attack rolls or to that specific skill will apply normally.

Additionally, Swim, Climb, and Jump are rolled into one Athletics skill, which is now a class skill for Soldiers, Scouts, and Jedi.

Spoiler: Talents
    Show
    Equilibrium (Core, page 101) only temporarily alleviates condition track penalties until the end of the encounter. If you're thinking of using an Ithorian burst-Bellow character, be aware that this means you may have problems with endurance.

Evasion (Core, page 50) only works when there is room to dodge (cover, on the edge of a blast, etc.). There is no dodging the effects of the Death Star's superlaser by ducking into Rogue-Space for a fraction of a second. Autofire can always be Evaded, however. Additionally, Evasion can only be used in vehicles if the machine in question is Gargantuan or smaller and cannot be used if the vehicle is stationary and disabled.

Vehicular Evasion (Core, page 207) still applies to all vehicles (besides those disabled or stationary, as before), and also grants a +5 Circumstance bonus to Pilot checks related to avoiding collisions.

Player Character
    Thundercracker Darren Kor
    robnar Dax "Dreadnought" Oberon
    Philistine Quastor Bick
    whoiam Eponah Aven
    Volthawk RX-B67

Spoiler: Storm Rider
    Show
    Storm Rider is a modified CEC YT-2400 light freighter. Its largest physical modification is a total rebuild of the rear end of the cockpit module and brace, replacing the original escape pod with a docking slot custom-fitted for a stripped-down A-Wing interceptor (Squall), though the ship also has a missile launcher (relocated from the A-Wing) installed in its ventral turret mount.

Because of the rebuilt cockpit module and relocated crew escape pod, Storm Rider does not give a +5 bonus to Acrobatics checks to enter the escape pod from the cockpit, unlike normal YT-2400 freighters. It currently has 5 emplacement points remaining. As with most YT-series freighters, most functions can be operated by just the pilot if necessary, but additional crew members allow for more systems to be operated at once.

Colossal* space transport
    Init Pilot -6; Senses by pilot

Defense Ref 19 (flat-footed 15), Fort 27; +15 armor
    HP 120; DR 15; SR 30; Threshold 77

Speed fly 12 squares (max. velocity 800 km/h), fly 3 squares (starship scale)
    Ranged laser cannons (see below) and
    concussion missiles (see below)
    Fighting Space 12x12 or 1 square (starship scale); Cover total
    Base Attack by gunner; Grp Pilot +37

Abilities Str 42, Dex 18, Con 42, Int 14
    Skills Pilot/Initiative: by pilot -6; others: by operator

Crew 3-4 (unique: pilot, copilot, 2 gunners); Passengers 5
    Cargo 150 tons (1 ton hidden); Consumables 2 months; Carried Craft unique starfighter: Squall
    Payload 12 concussion missiles
    Hyperdrive x1 (backup x12), navicomputer
    Cost current value ~60,000 (used)

Laser Cannons (gunner)
    Atk BAB + 2, Dmg 5d102

Concussion Missiles (gunner)
    Atk BAB + 2, Dmg 9d102

*This ship is treated as a Gargantuan starfighter for purposes of being targeted by capital ship weapons, dogfighting, and using starship maneuvers.

Spoiler: Cargo
    Show
    100 tons mechanical equipment, 1 ton animal fodder and related equipment

Spoiler: Squall
    Show
    Squall is an obviously stripped-down A-Wing interceptor. Compared to a standard A-Wing, Squall lacks a hyperdrive system, jamming system, and missile launcher in order to free up space for its docking system (though due to the source of the parts used for the mechanism, it is also compatible with Clone Wars-era hyperdrive rings).

Squall has one unused emplacement point.

Huge starfighter
    Init Pilot +6; Senses by pilot

Defense Ref 19 (flat-footed 11), Fort 23; +3 armor
    HP 80; DR 10; SR 15; Threshold 33

Speed fly 16 squares (max. velocity 1300 km/h), fly 6 squares (starship scale)
    Ranged laser cannons (see below)
    Fighting Space 3x3 or 1 square (starship scale); Cover total
    Base Attack by pilot; Grp Pilot +37

Abilities Str 36, Dex 26, Con 36, Int 16
    Skills Pilot/Initiative: by pilot +6; others: by pilot

Crew 1 (unique); Passengers none
    Cargo 40 kg; Consumables 1 week
    Cost current value ~60,000 credits (used)

Laser Cannons (pilot)
    Atk BAB +5 (BAB +0 autofire), Dmg 5d102

Spoiler: Known NPCs
    Show
    Characters you've met (and sometimes their vehicles) will appear here. You can attempt Gather Information (or other related skill) checks to obtain more information than what's readily available.

Spoiler: Sunrider
    Show
    The Sunrider is a stolen and renamed medium-heavy cruiser in service of the Rebellion, and the hull still bears the outward appearance of an Imperial vessel. The most notable modifications made to the ship are to the hangar and mechanical bays, refitted for use with common Rebel vehicles and starfighters rather than Imperial TIEs and walkers.

Approximately 600m in length, it's no match for an Imperial-class Star Destroyer.

Spoiler: Captain Toval
    Show
    Aiden Toval is the captain of the Sunrider, and was the man in charge of the operation to steal it from the Empire.

He is a potential contact for additional assistance or assignments, if desired.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2017-01-20 at 01:10 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Playground Rebels OOC

Cubey's native tongue is CorSec Green.

Also, I've only spent ~2400cr out of his allotment of 20k. I can spend more on his personal gear (including possibly a speeder bike), but I'm inclined to hold off until we see how/whether another 17k might be useful in pumping the group ship.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Eponah's going to talk in Medium Blue.

She's also got some change - 7700 credits left - but I'll probably be saving that. Depends on what she ends up infiltrating and as what, but she'll definitely benefit from having spare cash to hand...

Now, personally, I'm rubbish at coming up with names, so if the rest of you agree on one for the ship, I'm not going to complain

As for the backstory-filling: How long have we been together as a team? Eponah's been a rebel for a couple of years, but that doesn't mean she spent all the time in the same rebel cell.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2016-12-21 at 02:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll take this, seems appropriate.

Myth-weavers sheet will be up in an hour or two when I reach where I'm heading and can sit down and work.

Dosh-wise, currently got it all spent, going to make a few slight tweaks but probably won't have ship donation cash unless it's needed.

Fluff-wise, I'll post more concrete thoughts with the MW sheet when properly settled (and have read through everyone's fluff) but briefly yeah the age of the cell is a good thing to work out, and as far as linking characters I guess a starting point could be asking if any PCs were part of whatever Rebel presence recruited other PCs - like I said I still haven't really looked into everyone backgrounds but Six-Seven was brought into the fold as the target of a rescue mission because of the intel he held, perhaps other PCs could've been part of that mission, leading to his presence in this group.

EDIT: Sheet porting in progress here.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2016-12-21 at 05:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Dax's voice is a no-nonsense and professional artillery red as befitting his role in ordnance.

I have a myth-weaver's sheet up, but need to post more to get permission to add links.

Regarding equipment, etc:
    - Dax took wealth at second level, so by now it's worth 70,000 credits. Makes for some nice stuff for the ship.
    - Dax could easily spend another 10-15k on personal equipment. As the heavy weapons guy, his weapons and armor cost a lot.
    - Do we have to purchase the ship and its upgrades, or just the upgrades?

Regarding ship names:
    Best name I can think of for an independent rebel cell starship: 99 Problems
    Other names are all demonstrably suboptimal.

Regarding team gear:
    - We don't have good medics. We might think about investing in a medical droid, and I'm thinking about a fastflesh medpac (threats of the galaxy p. 54) for those who need to treat me.
    - Instead of a speeder bike, a 2-4 person landspeeder may be a better investment for flitting around planets, carrying stuff, etc. Plus, I totally wanna put an e-web blaster on one...
    - ... and that's all I got for now.

Regarding backgrounds:
    - Dax might know Cubey from before they joined the rebellion, since his family did business on Corellia.
    - Dax might know Darren and or Eponah from his early days in the rebellion, especially Darren as they were likely peers.
    Last edited by robnar; 2016-12-21 at 06:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Darren speaks in normal black for my ease of posting on the go.

99 problems always makes me think of that Jay Z song. Was that intentional? I'll give an alternate name some thought.

Darren has heavy weapon prof. It would be good to have enough lasers on the ship for him to man one. I think if we can, we should pitch in on a 2-1B droid to fix us when we get shot. If not now then at the earliest opportunity (Darren also has treat injury which can help in a pinch, but its not focused).

I also have a pit droid who can help us with various mechanical and computer related stuff if needed.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2016-12-21 at 07:55 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #7

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    99 problems always makes me think of that Jay Z song. Was that intentional?
    Why yes, yes it was :)
    Last edited by robnar; 2016-12-21 at 09:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Darren has heavy weapon prof. It would be good to have enough lasers on the ship for him to man one. I think if we can, we should pitch in on a 2-1B droid to fix us when we get shot. If not now then at the earliest opportunity (Darren also has treat injury which can help in a pinch, but its not focused).
    So, running list of things to buy for the ship with community money.
    - 2-1B Medical Droid (4,300 cr)
    - Moar Lazers for the ship
    - 2-4 person landspeeder
    - E-Web Blaster Cannon (8,000 cr) or other landspeeder weapon

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Re: Group Origins - I intentionally left the dates in Cubey's background a little vague, but as I was writing it seemed to me he'd probably have been with the Rebellion for anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. Definitely a post-Yavin recruit. His background would make him a natural (and valuable) fit for the Alliance's logistical service, but he would've started bucking for a transfer out pretty much as soon as he landed there. So he could be a long-term member of an Alliance logistics team, or a newer member of an Alliance operations team.

Quote Originally Posted by robnar View Post
    Dax's voice is a no-nonsense and professional artillery red as befitting his role in ordnance.

I have a myth-weaver's sheet up, but need to post more to get permission to add links.

- Dax took wealth at second level, so by now it's worth 70,000 credits. Makes for some nice stuff for the ship.
    - Dax could easily spend another 10-15k on personal equipment. As the heavy weapons guy, his weapons and armor cost a lot.

Regarding ship names:
    Best name I can think of for an independent rebel cell starship: 99 Problems
    Other names are all demonstrably suboptimal.

Regarding team gear:
    - We don't have good medics. We might think about investing in a medical droid, and I'm thinking about a fastflesh medpac (threats of the galaxy p. 54) for those who need to treat me.
    - Instead of a speeder bike, a 2-4 person landspeeder may be a better investment for flitting around planets, carrying stuff, etc. Plus, I totally wanna put an e-web blaster on one...
    - ... and that's all I got for now.

Regarding backgrounds:
    - Dax might know Cubey from before they joined the rebellion, since his family did business on Corellia.
    - Dax might know Darren and or Eponah from his early days in the rebellion, especially Darren as they were likely peers.
    Re: Myth-Weavers sheet - even if you can't post a link yet, you should be able to enter the URL in text and others can copy-paste it into their browser.

Re: Ship - Per the ad, a ship will be made available to the group. As I understand it, we should just need to pay for upgrades as appropriate.

Re: Ship Name - Some other inspiration might strike once we know more about the ship; ATM "Fiddleback" is probably the best I've got. I... kinda hate "99 Problems," and I'm also not crazy about it as a ship name.

Re: Team Gear - I don't know that I have enough cash left over to pick up a larger landspeeder. Even if I did, it might be better to have Cubey on a speeder bike running interference for Darren or Eponah driving the larger vehicle (with a suitable pilot-operated gun for Darren if he drives).

Re: Backgrounds - Dax probably wouldn't have met Cubey on Corellia, but he might know Cubey's family. Drago and Cryssa Bick are traders operating out of Corellia, and their daughter Pahlloqs (Cubey's younger sister) is following them into the family business. Sometime after Dax and Cubey met as Rebels, Cubey might have asked Dax for help getting messages to and from home.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The credits from Wealth are being rolled into the ship's value (which will include some upgrades) as mentioned in the recruitment thread, and are not available. However, Wealth will still award additional credits as you continue to level up.

Replacing upgraded matrix armor for venom assault armor:
    Venom Assault Armor is a specific design that is not available for another hundred years. It may be possible later to develop a prototype suit with similar specifications, but it would require a dedicated engineering lab that the Alliance can't really spare on a pet project of that nature at the moment.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

On the medical front, 67's kinda bad at it when it comes to the organics (fixing droids yes, fixing people no). As an aside, wow we have a lot of Mechanics in the party (particularly if we also have a repair droid).

Incidentally, pretty much good to go with the MW sheet linked earlier now, just need to modify fluff if necessary (depending on what we work out) and do one or two bits of busywork (like weights - I'm nearly certain I'm well under heavy load since it's double the Str 18 point, but still need to go write down all the weights to see how under I am).

On the fluff side, I haven't really got a length of time with the Rebellion preplanned - the relevant galactic events (the Empire doing their thing on Kashyyk) happen real early so there's a lot of leeway. At the least, I figure 67 would have to have a decent amount of time with the Rebellion to help justify all the mods Rebel techs have upgraded him with

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

For comparison's sake:
    Spoiler: Party Skills
    Show

Skill Best Check
    Acrobatics Quastor (+6)
    Athletics Dax (+9)
    Deception Eponah (+15)
    Endurance Dax (+9)
    Gather Information Eponah (+10)
    Initiative Quastor (+11)
    Knowledge (Bureaucracy) Eponah (+10)
    Knowledge (Galactic Lore) Quastor (+14)
    Knowledge (Life Sciences) Eponah (+5)
    Knowledge (Physical Sciences) Eponah (+5)
    Knowledge (Social Sciences) Eponah (+5)
    Knowledge (Tactics) Darren (+9)
    Knowledge (Technology) Eponah (+5)
    Mechanics Eponah (+10)
    Perception Eponah (+15)
    Persuasion Eponah (+10)
    Pilot Quastor (+16)
    Ride Quastor (+6)
    Stealth Darren (+10)
    Survival Darren and Quastor (+4)
    Treat Injury Darren (+9)
    Use Computer Eponah (+10)
    Use the Force Eponah (+15)

I've not included Dax on the table above, as I'm not entirely sure how you got those skill numbers. I might be missing something (my knowledge of SAGA is not yet encyclopaedic), but it looks to me like you've got the mods slightly too high (e.g. Dex 15 (+2) + Level 5 (+2) + Skill Training in Athletics (+5) = 2 + 2 + 5 = 9, not 10) and 1 trained skill too many (1st level in Soldier = 3, Starting Int Bonus of +1 = 1, Int raised to 14 at level 4 = +1, total 5 trained skills, not 6).

Edit: Dax is on there now

Note: TC, you've still got separate Climb, Jump and Swim skills on your sheet, not a combined Athletics skill.

I was planning to have Eponah take Force Treatment at level 8, but with that being 3 levels away, the medical droid may not be such a bad idea...
    Last edited by whoiam; 2016-12-22 at 03:23 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    I've not included Dax on the table above, as I'm not entirely sure how you got those skill numbers.
    Regarding the number of trained skills, I've got that correct. You are forgetting the +1 for human at 1st level. Regarding the bonuses, yeah, some are +1 or so too high- I must have screwed em up in one or another of his various iterations as he was being built. I noticed it while working the myth weavers sheet, that one will be correct.

Thanks for catching that!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

*grin* You're right, I did forget the human bonus. Just goes to show how long it's been since I last played a human, doesn't it?

Anyway, I'll add Dax in once you post the mythweavers sheet.

15. - Top - End - #15

MindFlayer

Dax's character sheet is here: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1046741

I will link stuff to it once I am able.

16. - Top - End - #16

MindFlayer

A few minutes of searching on the wookiepedia star wars timeline (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timel...lactic_history) leads me to place Dax's entry into the rebellion after the assault on Cymoon 1 (0 ABY). He was a bystander, on the imperial side. He was particularly repulsed by Vader's brutality during the battle, and resolved to join the rebellion.

About 6 months later, he has arranged his money and affairs well enough to abscond with a shuttle from and a few crates of military hardware stolen from Cymoon, while the defense net is still down.

This would put him in the rebellion for about 2 years before the battle of Hoth.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Updated sheet, moved initiative training to athletics for a more balanced skill set.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Ship: So far we've got "99 Problems" or "Fiddleback" for the name of the ship. Any other suggestions, or are we picking from these two?

Group Background: With the exception of Eponah, the whole group is pretty straightforwardly military(-ish). That helps narrow down the kinds of things we've probably been doing - with only one decent infiltrator, we probably haven't been sneaking around Imperial Center in search of the Navy's deployment plans. Likewise, we have a few characters with Mechanics trained, but nobody is focused enough on that to make a great saboteur. The party has a lot of potential as an acquisitions team for Logistics command, though: Dax has money and connections, Eponah can talk her way past obstacles, Cubey is a good wheelman who knows Customs enforcement protocols forwards and backwards, 67 provides security while looking like an innocuous labor droid, and Darren runs the show. Eponah, Dax, and Cubey are relative newbies, all having joined up in the last 2 standard years, while Darren and 67 seem to be the longest-tenured Rebels in the group.

Suggested synthesis: the group was formed about 2 years prior to game start, when some bright spark at Alliance Personnel saw Dax's service file and thought of a way to use his connections to industry. The rest of the group was built around that idea: Eponah and Cubey were available due to also being as-yet-unassigned new recruits, Darren was available (and possibly restricted from returning to frontline combat duty) in the wake of his rescue, and 67 could be made available from whatever it had been doing (initial construction on Echo Base, maybe?).

Thoughts? Suggestions? Required corrections?

Also of Interest: The auto-calculated values on the Myth-Weavers SWSE character sheets - skill modifier and defense totals in particular - occasionally go full Manic Pixie Dream Girl, becoming zany, quirky, and unpredictable. It's a good idea to double-check the sheets' math anytime you make changes to a character, especially to character level.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Ship names:

Lucky Damned (reverse of damned lucky)
    Scorned Hellfire
    Rogue X
    Rusty Bucket
    Aged Beauty
    Angel of Freedom
    Broken Wing
    Wild Stallion
    Filthy Goddess
    Maelstrom Rider
    Golden Deliverance
    Heart of Dawn
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Those sheets really needed to be tested a little more before release. Or, y'know, patched afterwards. (Although I don't generally see issues with the skills, but the defences failing to update is a pretty common thing...)

Unless the rest of you prefer otherwise, I'd like Eponah to be a relatively recent addition (on her second or third mission with the other PCs, ideally) - she's been around long enough everyone knows what the others are good at, but not so long that they're all 'old friends' who know all each other's habits, likes, and secrets yet.

So my version of Philistine's suggestion ends up looking a little more like this:
    2 years ago, there are 3 cells. One's a smuggling group, combining Dax and Cubey, so Cubey can do cargo runs leaning on Dax' connections. Darren and RX have been teamed up in a combat cell somewhere. And Eponah, another new recruit around that time, is working as a field agent for what will eventually become the intelligence division.

Over the 2 years Dax and Cubey are operating, Darren and RX are added to help with 'disagreements' with other smugglers and/or pirates (a little more muscle never hurt when someone tries to 'acquire' your cargo by force), and Eponah's drafted in relatively late to combat an increasingly aggressive customs service along the route (well, to keep it from coming to combat, really...).

Whether or not Dax and Cubey want to have had Darren/RX/Eponah equivalents beforehand, is up to them. (But if you want a way to tease Eponah IC, being able to let her know how much better (and nicer and prettier...) her predecessor was would do it Of course, she doesn't technically need to have a predecessor for that to work, but Dax and Cubey probably don't have the deception skill to lie to her about it for long...)

21. - Top - End - #21

MindFlayer

I don't think we'll be able to come to a good ship name without some sense of its make/model/capabilities/backstory - calling a converted YT-1300 'filthy goddess' might be apt, calling a sleek Baudo-class star yacht the same is scandalous.

Although there's something to be said for the name 'Antelope', from Stan Roger's song 'Barrett's Privateers'... Though not a star wars name at all, would be pretty fun.

Aside from that, I like whoiam's suggestion of three cells more recently merged, more because we as players can't operate as a seamless team yet, so it would be harder to RP a group doing the same. My suggestion for backstory:

Based off whoiam's backstory. Instead of 67 and Darren being merged into Dax & Cubey's team, during some previous engagement Darren is captured. During the 'attack on Haidoral prime' (see wookiepedia timeline cited above', 67 ends up instrumental in the team that liberates Darren and they are extracted in Dax and Cubey's ship. This would occur 4-6 months before start of play.

After such a major op, the team would end up being reformed and reorganized with Eponah. In between medical leave, repairs, training together, and other duties, that would be light duty for 3 months. Now, we have proceeded together to base Hoth and are reporting for special assignment.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Although there's something to be said for the name 'Antelope', from Stan Roger's song 'Barrett's Privateers'... Though not a star wars name at all, would be pretty fun.
    Aluminum Antelope would be a Star Wars-y name.

As for the ship, the rough draft is currently based on a YT-2400 with a stripped-down interceptor-style starfighter (shields, but no hyperdrive) as a detachable auxiliary craft, similar to the Ghost and its Phantom.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

I was just thinking about "Aluminum Falchion." Maybe for the interceptor.

24. - Top - End - #24

MindFlayer

I really kinda like 'Aluminum Falchion', esp. because the characters will be aware of the millennium falcon and Dax (with help) can get it just as fast...

I also kinda like 'Cog', because YT-2400s look kinda like a cam on a camshaft, and because we're part of a bigger machine.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that was meant as a joke more than an actual suggestion. Also it was aimed more at the parasitic escort than the transport, for obvious reasons. Also also, an aluminum sword would be nigh useless - capable of little more than serving as decoration.

26. - Top - End - #26

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Well, that was meant as a joke more than an actual suggestion. Also it was aimed more at the parasitic escort than the transport, for obvious reasons. Also also, an aluminum sword would be nigh useless - capable of little more than serving as decoration.
    Sure, but there's no reason a ship name needs to be serious.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Upon further consideration... If we wanted to go down the road of "Our characters know about some of the famous smuggling ships in the setting AND MOCK THEM RUTHLESSLY," we might name the YT-2400 "Outrigger" - playing off the "Outrider," of course, but also playing off the design of the ship itself with its cockpit module held well away from its main hull. Then "Aluminum Falchion" for a dinky little stripped-down fighter with no hyperdrive at all would be a dig at Han Solo and his fast-but-fickle hyperdrive.
    Last edited by Philistine; 2016-12-24 at 12:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Here's the ships' stats, with some placeholder names:

Spoiler: Freighter
    Show
    "Mama Bird" is a modified CEC YT-2400 light freighter. Its largest physical modification is a total rebuild of the rear end of the cockpit module and brace, replacing the original escape pod with a docking slot custom-fitted for a stripped-down A-Wing interceptor ("Baby Bird"), though the ship also has a missile launcher (relocated from the A-Wing) installed in its ventral turret mount.

Because of the rebuilt cockpit module and relocated crew escape pod, "Mama Bird" does not give a +5 bonus to Acrobatics checks to enter the escape pod from the cockpit, unlike normal YT-2400 freighters. It currently has 5 emplacement points remaining. As with most YT-series freighters, most functions can be operated by just the pilot if necessary, but additional crew members allow for more systems to be operated at once.

Colossal* space transport
    Init Pilot -6; Senses by pilot

Defense Ref 19 (flat-footed 15), Fort 27; +15 armor
    HP 120; DR 15; SR 30; Threshold 77

Speed fly 12 squares (max. velocity 800 km/h), fly 3 squares (starship scale)
    Ranged laser cannons (see below) and
    concussion missiles (see below)
    Fighting Space 12x12 or 1 square (starship scale); Cover total
    Base Attack by gunner; Grp Pilot +37

Abilities Str 42, Dex 18, Con 42, Int 14
    Skills Pilot/Initiative: by pilot -6; others: by operator

Crew 3-4 (unique: pilot, copilot, 2 gunners); Passengers 5
    Cargo 150 tons (1 ton hidden); Consumables 2 months; Carried Craft "Baby Bird" starfighter
    Payload 12 concussion missiles
    Hyperdrive x1 (backup x12), navicomputer
    Cost current value ~60,000 (used)

Laser Cannons (gunner)
    Atk BAB + 2, Dmg 5d102

Concussion Missiles (gunner)
    Atk BAB + 2, Dmg 9d102

*This ship is treated as a Gargantuan starfighter for purposes of being targeted by capital ship weapons, dogfighting, and using starship maneuvers.

Spoiler: Interceptor
    Show
    "Baby Bird" is an obviously stripped-down A-Wing interceptor. Compared to a standard A-Wing, "Baby Bird" lacks a hyperdrive system, jamming system, and missile launcher in order to free up space for its docking system (though due to the source of the parts used for the mechanism, it is also compatible with Clone Wars-era hyperdrive rings).

"Baby Bird" has one unused emplacement point.

Huge starfighter
    Init Pilot +6; Senses by pilot

Defense Ref 19 (flat-footed 11), Fort 23; +3 armor
    HP 80; DR 10; SR 15; Threshold 33

Speed fly 16 squares (max. velocity 1300 km/h), fly 6 squares (starship scale)
    Ranged laser cannons (see below)
    Fighting Space 3x3 or 1 square (starship scale); Cover total
    Base Attack by pilot; Grp Pilot +37

Abilities Str 36, Dex 26, Con 36, Int 16
    Skills Pilot/Initiative: by pilot +6; others: by pilot

Crew 1 (unique); Passengers none
    Cargo 40 kg; Consumables 1 week
    Cost current value ~60,000 credits (used)

Laser Cannons (pilot)
    Atk BAB +5 (BAB +0 autofire), Dmg 5d102

An additional note: I'm decreasing the EPs used for concussion missiles to 1/2/10 because they're way too bulky compared to proton torpedoes otherwise. Although the ship does not currently have them, there will be options for alternative payloads on various projectile systems (including not-terrible AP missiles, ion-torpedoes, etc.).
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2016-12-24 at 02:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Personally, my favorite name for the little side craft would be the Mynock. As for the freighter... I know I shouldn't, but a part of me wants to christen it the 'Plush Bantha'. (As in, something rich, soft, and unthreatening. Or a cute little toy Bantha, whichever meaning you prefer.) Eponah might even buy the crew a matching set of appropriate toys

I did debate the 'Plush Nerf', but I think it might be bad luck to put 'us' and 'nerf' into Mando Knight's head together...

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Does baby bird have any free ep?
    TC for short