New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: New York by Night MtA (IC thread)

The man gives a loud and wet laught, "Har har har", and his breath reeks of sour milk and alcohol. He stumbles a few steps forward, now just out of arms reach, but close enough so that every stain on his tattered clothing can be identified by smell, if Bethany tries hard enough. The man's hands open and close, the only points of tension in his entire body. "Little girl", he begins again, "won't you play with me?"
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

The smell is what does it. Bethany snaps back into self-preservation mode, like a cat cornered under a wooden patio, surrounded by loud noises and unfamiliar figures.

After the Steve knife debacle, Bethany plays it somewhat cooler than before- getting off the bench she launches to her own two feet and puts space between herself and the menacing man. She gets prepared, placing one hand on her knife hilt and the other at her side in a combat-ready position.

Look, I don't know who you are, but didn't your mommy ever teach you it isn't nice to scare little girls?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bethany's response causes the man to stumble back just a step, before releasing another "Har har har". The man sways to and fro after regathering his footing, and the grin returns. He leans forward now, impossibly so, as if he should topple. The big half toothed grin returns and he says, "Oh, I would like to do more than just scare ya". He looks over both shoulders quickly, as if making sure the two are still alone.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perhaps you want to do something that involves a roll (intimidation, persuasion, ect).
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

She is tired. Bethany might be numb to the world and it's slings and arrows, but she is still in the game. As soon as the menacing figure turns his head 180 degrees to check around his shoulder she bolts and makes a run for it in the opposite direction, double-time.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bethany is halfway down the block before the man starts to react. He takes one or two stumbling steps before giving up. Her heart racing, and with the book still clutched to her chest, Bethany crosses about four blocks, before she realizes she is safe. But looking around, Bethany has no clue where she is. Towering brick and stone edifices loom over her like the cyclopean structures she has seen in several nightmares. She is tired, and though her mind is numb, she can't seem to quiet it. People pass Bethany by on the street, most seem not to notice she is even there. It is starting to get cold out, and the sweat dripping down her back is turning to ice.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not being the anti-social type, Bethany decides to try her luck at flagging down a random (albeit normal and not danger-looking stranger) person to ask the following question:

Excuse me sir/ma'am? Could you help me? I need directions.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bethany is able to grab the attention of an older couple dressed as if for a ball. Though the wind has picked up, the two are dressed as if it is winter, in heavy furs. The gentleman, a tall man with long white hair, an aqueline nose, and wire rimmed glasses, steps in front of his wife as if to protect her. The woman squeaks, "We have no change!", but the man looks at her sternly while towering over Bethany, "You need directions?"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bethany responds:

I'm... I'm lost. I'm new to New York. Could you direct me to (Bethany's friends address)? Also, please be careful, there's a dangerous man down the block thatta way, Bethany turns her head and torso and points in the direction to where she was accosted earlier. She then turns back to the odd couple, he seemed to be looking for trouble.
    Last edited by beastman1; 2017-08-08 at 01:42 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The man looks at Bethany with some confusion, "You are pretty far away! We are all the way on the Upper East Side. It's going to take you a while to walk." His wife chirps in with, "It's obviously some sort of prank", glaring at Bethany. He shrugs and continues, "I'm not sure how you would take the subway back. You should probably just get a cab."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bethany takes a cue from their attitude and slinks away into the faceless crowds surrounding her.

Sorry to bother you folks.

Bethany uses her Mage sense to locate a nearest hotel where she can stay the night at and end her turn for this story to conclude.