New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Are there any non-Paizo module subscriptions?

Just a random thought/question. It just seems odd, given the success of Paizo's subscription model, that no other RPG publisher I know of has attempted this. Now - much of their success is that Paizo puts out quality modules/APs. (I know people who are lukewarm on Pathfinder itself who play it for the modules/APs.)

Anyone have any idea why another RPG publisher hasn't attempted a module subscription? Perhaps not monthly (most RPG publishers likely couldn't keep up that pace for long) but many could swing a quarterly module.

Have others tried and I've just missed it? The closest I could find with a quick Google search was RPGCrate - which comes with a random module (not guaranteed for a system you even play) and some other RPG related stuff. (minis/dice etc.)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Are there any non-Paizo module subscriptions?

Closest equivalent would be the Dragon Magazine being combined with one of the various adventure series they released in chapters so they start with the beginning of the Hoard of the Dragon Queen along with some of the Dragon Magazine filler making sure to promote their campaign setting as well as the next planned module series.

The difference is that Paizo made it more interesting!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Are there any non-Paizo module subscriptions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Closest equivalent would be the Dragon Magazine being combined with one of the various adventure series they released in chapters so they start with the beginning of the Hoard of the Dragon Queen along with some of the Dragon Magazine filler making sure to promote their campaign setting as well as the next planned module series.

The difference is that Paizo made it more interesting!
    Didn't Paizo publish Dragon Magazine for most of 3.x? :P (I think they were the last to publish it as an actual magazine - though it might have been published electronically after that.)