A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 141

Thread: The Garden IC

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    (n) A particular place.
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Garden IC


    How little weight
    The world has as it swiftly drops away!


    When they left, the air was cold and crisp, or perhaps it was soft and breezy, or warm and still. Perhaps it was not air at all.

    For a moment too brief for them to register it anywhere but in the quickest instinctual lightning of their thoughts, they were lost. In their deepest selves, their souls shrank away from matter unfamiliar, matter ached for its origin and found none, there was nothing for them. They had the sense of a plan that no longer had a place for them, a plan they had not known mattered until now, but now it was the only thing to claw back into it, to fill the void where they once had fit. There was not a familiar element to anything, nothing told them “this is where you belong now." There was no space for them anymore.
    They were unwanted, unneeded.

    Then, in a great rush of geometry and motion, the Line caught them, held them close in its magics, and found them.
    It was a moment until they found themselves, but when they did, they stood in one place, or another, together or alone, standing on a road, or train tracks, or a forest path, or a bridge, all stretching out through a place they could half see beyond the boundary of a horizon that was somehow too close, a place that was billowing and strange, void streaked with light, color begetting color.

    In the distance, some miles off for all of them, they all could see a signpost defined against the mutability of the sky, four arms stretching with an easy, aged grace towards four roads with an air that seemed to say

    “I give this choice to you.”




    Spoiler: The OOC
    Show
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2016-12-30 at 12:00 AM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove


  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Palladian Lightwreath

    Being teleported at another's will wasn't a foreign concept to Palladian, but having that teleport redirected was definitely not common. He'd just put down a large dragon, when a beam of light absorbed him into its stream, whisking him away to his next destination. He watched the world grow smaller beneath him until it was nothing but a dot in his vision. All was normal, until he was jolted abruptly and set gently by the light on a new surface. All around him was colorful light and spiraling shapes, he saw others, one familiar to him and the others quite foreign.

    In the distance, he saw a signpost, perhaps that was a good place to start. He first waved to Gabriella, he'd never encountered an individual from his journeys twice. "Young wizard maiden! Hello there?" He shouted the last part as a question, in case he had confused her for someone else.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    I think all is in order.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Sincerity

    She had never been out this far before. Always she had roved along the edges of Horizon, following its paths to more and more distant realms, but never straying beyond its familiar features. Now though, she stood beyond the windpath she had traveled on, its curling white stream ending in a whispering, weakened mist. The vast open skies of Horizon had given way to a stranger vista, a darker heaven filled with strange-patterned gyres and flowing, forking streams of vibrant colors. This strange and fantastic firmament pulsed and breathed, remaining ever in motion as Sincerity stared up at it, and left her no doubt that she was far from home.

    Sincerity looked back, and her breath caught. There was her home, and for once, she saw all of it. This was not a view from a stormeye or even an image of a single plane, but the incarnation of the maps from her planar studies. There was Zo, the gleaming line of Horizon twining among the orbs that were all the planes gathered together in a single collection. Where was she, then? For if that behind her was Zo, then all she had never known and known of was just over there, all in sight... while she was here. Here, therefore, was somewhere else, and she had no idea of where that somewhere was, or what might be in it.

    Something though, lay ahead. She could see something like a signpost in the distance, and at her feet was a path that appeared to be of beaten earth, though the moor-like terrain that surrounded her was pitch black and shrouded by the lingering white fog from her windpath. What manner of place had she found, and how much further was there to go? Sincerity took one last, slow look around her, then started forward towards the signpost, the wind of her passage stirring the mist beneath her.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    drack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    warming your deathbed

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Xalk

    Purple lightening crackled warmly overhead. It was the negative energy that had long since flooded this dark shuddering world. Xalk walked with his usual gait as he strolled down an empty street. The architecture was Gothic with stonework meticulously sculpted with hammer and chisel. At some places runes were scrawled in the walls, others statues of monsters long dead. Arches hung overhead serving as walkways as the whole of the city occupied whole stories over the ground with layer after layer. On the bottom most layer glass globes filled with a faintly refractive liquid clung to holes in the floor above where even the faintest of light could be dispersed to a glow just barely sufficient for drow to see... but there were no drow, not anymore. How many times had this world died? This world was once a world of death inhabited only by undeads and their derrivatives. Even this city itself was once a great necropolis as any other city that still stood on this world was... but even the dead had long since rotten to dust. Clouds of negative energy pulsed through the land and these grand cities still stood as testament to their great reign, but now it was outsiders who inhabited this world. Beings formed of that lingering negative energy who fed on it and fed into it with their power until the world was made to be as it is.

    Xalk smiled faintly. It was always good to see life forms who symbiotically thrive with their environment, growing and thriving within it. Maybe some day they'd form into something worth eating...

    Xalk walked the third layer of the grand necropolis, but the streets were still as dark as night with only the faint illumination of the endless crackling of energies overhead. He nodded polity to several of the statues and walls that he could tell had developed a consciousness, however faint, and pretended not to see the shivering shadows that didn't want to be seen. That was to be expected though, after all, he wasn't in the best part of town at the moment, and cut-purse shadings were the least of one's worries on these streets. He had finished his business here and was going solely to take one last long look at the wilting Heneron tree that had struck him with a strange sense of silent might, but endless pain. It's branches twisted and bent, filled with more knots then any old man's spine could bare. He remembered the blood red leaves that hung onto it as if half dead, the futility of their struggle for life, and the shadow-stuffs creature that desperately clung to the dying tree, begging for the life it drew from it. He remembered the ancient magical formations that the tree had grown up through and all the profound effects they'd caused on the tree. Of course normal trees would be unable to grow in this world, but for Heneron trees it was possible...

    Just as he turned the corner and the tree came into view Xalk felt a strange tug. He had no particular reason to refuse, but as the force began to pull he continued to look at the tree. In all he hardly saw it for a second before he vanished, but that was enough, enough for his eye to capture it in its entirety before he parted from that world.

    In the next moment Xalk stood upon a bridge looking down at a brook filled with so many stones and such broad current that it seemed as if it were but a hundred dribbling cricks joined by some fractaline structure, like a sea of veins or snakes all converging and splitting at will as they flowed underneath. The bridge itself was neither old nor new, and certainly not ancient. In the distance before him tall green grass swayed with unpicked wheat and he even caught sight of a berry bush off aside from the road. Behind him the sun was only just setting, painting the sky a majestic purple and blue as the moon rested silently in the sky, half-hidden by the mighty rays of the setting sun which even now warmed his cold bones. Choosing a direction he began walking the bath before him as it twined through the woods as smoothly as a drunkard's stumbling gait. It didn't take long before he saw the void that split the sky, and between he and it another road crossed his path. At the intersection he saw a sign to the side and travelers taking pause.

    Cynically bemused by the scenario Xalk walked down the path as if in no rush at all, the gentle klack of his cane dampened somewhat by the softer soil underfoot. "Choice, huh...?" He mutters, as if to himself as he wonders if he mightn't have arrived at the same crosswalk had he gone in the other direction. Still, he had no need to begrudge their actions just yet. Perhaps something good would come of this, and should he not be retracing his steps ther'd still be no loss...
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Cassius Velarious

    Cassius appeared in a flash of light and a cloud of smoke. His hand still caught in a driving-home-my-point gesture, his face however changed from frustration to confusion immediately.

    One moment he was in a nice tavern, with a nice fire and a nice glass of red, having a somewhat heated discussion with a mage about the nature of the universe. And then he was here, wherever 'here' was.

    He stood in the middle of a road, plain and featureless as far as the could see. Up ahead was a crossroad and a signpost, where a group of beings were beginning to gather, but otherwise nothing particularly special. Everything else though was completely and impossibly different.

    "What in the bright blue name of fff..." the expletive died on his lips as a large lump of nothingness rolled over in the multi-coloured expanse of wonder, it seemed to stretch languidly before it disappeared again. "Fff..." He tried again to finish his curse, one of his favourites, but stopped again as a large group of twinkling blue stars chased a smaller group of yellow ones away.

    It denied all reason, and it was beginning to give Cassius a headache, he shook his head slowly. "I'm just not going to look" He said quietly. He adjusted his hat and with a practised confident swagger began walking to the signpost.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Scheming Wizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    The Deserts of Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: The Garden IC

    Gabriella Velodyne



    Velodyne tower was the tallest building in the city of Windfall. Even the Salvus trading company couldn’t afford to erect one taller. The building had a massive base and two towers ascended from it. Each tower ascended in a different direction giving the appearance of a giant letter V. Gabriella’s office was in the west tower with the rest of the executives. The eastern tower was for research and development. She had a laboratory there, and would teleport between the two towers as needed for her work.

    “Niles how’s the share price.” “Very good Miss Velodyne it’s up three percent from last quarter.” Her familiar was the one who answered her. Constructs of his pattern were called Ioun wyrds, but she had named him Niles. He resembled a rather pudgy lizard about the size of a cat. His skin was a stone-grey color which was appropriate as she had sculpted him out of stone herself and then brought him to life. She had given him eight legs, but since he had the ability to fly he rarely walked on them. Instead he appeared to swim through the air at a leisurely pace. His back appeared to be a huge blue gem, but in reality, the gem was hollow and lifted from his back like a lid. His actual back resembled the face of a clock except where numbers would be there were set twelve ioun stone of different shapes and colors. Their presence gave Niles sentience and energy, but also increased her own powers.

    “Any issues we need to worry about?” She spoke the worlds aloud. Normally when the office was bustling with activity her and Niles would communicate telepathically, but it was the evening now and all the workers had gone home. Gabriella didn’t care for the silence. “Well a new company has started buying up bars and auction houses” answered Niles telepathically. He had no lungs and lacked the ability to speak aloud like her. “Hmm” the bars didn’t bother her. She wasn’t in the restaurant business. If someone was trying to corner the market on auction houses however that could affect the prices for magic items. “What’s the company name and share price?” “It’s a smaller company called Acquisitions Incorporated and they are a private company.” “Well” the thought was left unfinished as she felt a force in the air. Niles rushed into her arms alerted to the force by the empathic link they shared. She hugged him to her chest and they both vanished. The silence Gabriella didn’t care for reclaimed the office.

    They reappeared on a desolate rocky plane. The sky was a swirling mass of red mist. She thought for a moment that Baphomet had returned the favor and finally summoned her, but the air wasn’t hot enough and the sky was all wrong. She wasn’t in the abyss. “Niles I don’t think we’re in windfall anymore.” Gabriella scanned the horizon Niles still nuzzled to her chest. She reassured him that they were going to be ok telepathically. The first thing to catch her eye was a massive sign post in the distance. She couldn’t make out what the signs said. The second thing she saw was a knight waving to her in the distance. She thought she recognized him, but it was too far to tell for sure. “Young Wizard maiden” he yelled across the distance.

    Yep that was Palladian wielder of Heaven’s Wrath the artifact she had been trying to acquire for years. She was happy to see him. The last time they had met they had slain a lich to rescue a dragon it was keeping prisoner. She had wanted to speak with him more after that battle, but he teleported away soon after the fight. Niles had done research on the man after the last encounter and from what he had been able to piece together from the accounts of the many witnesses to his deeds he traveled under a curse constantly reappearing to those in need only to disappear again right after he vanquished whatever evil was menacing the world that day. Niles had become a huge fan of Palladian through the course of his research. She walked toward Palladian, Niles turning in her arms to see the legend he had read about. She spoke telepathically to Niles "let’s go meet your idol." The gem on his back glowed more brightly in his excitement.

    Last edited by Scheming Wizard; 2017-01-01 at 06:40 AM.
    "Or perhaps in Slytherin you'll make your real friends. Those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends."

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Palladian Lightwreath

    Jogging over to Gabriella, Palladian notes that there are a few other individuals have may have just arrived like himself. Perhaps the gods had decided he was unable to complete a task on his own? His sword radiated a comforting warmth, something he hoped meant he was in no danger. Once he finally makes it to Gabriella, he walks slowly along side her towards the signpost.

    "It has been some time since we crossed paths, miss..?" he trailed off, realizing he'd been summoned so quickly when they'd last met that he hadn't had time for proper introductions.

    His eyes trailed to the small lizard in her arms, unable to identify what it is. "A new friend of yours?"
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lyndworm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Chicago Suburb
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Savasati

    Walking aimlessly through another forest, Savasati surveys the world around him. He hears the song of birds he cannot quite see, and glimpses others flitting from branch to branch. Venomous insects buzz around a flowering tree, attracted to the same colors and smells that make the rare blossoms valuable in other parts of the world. Rustling in the undergrowth indicates the unseen life all around him. Each creature on its own quest. He feels peaceful, and the forged man lets his easy stride draw him deeper into the woods.

    The trees have grown taller, Savasati notes, taller now than he has ever seen; taller even than the monuments of his home. The tree limbs of this ancient part of the forest have woven together far overhead. This new canopy lets the sun onto the forest floor in thin slashes of light, and Savasati is quickly turned around in the darkness. Unworried, he resolves to keep moving in the same direction until he comes to something he knows. It's not long after the rays of too-bright light have disappeared from view that he realizes there are stars in the canopy.

    In the distance, Savasati sees the signpost peeking through smaller trees than he expected. With literally no other options in sight, the juggernaut sets out on his own quest.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

    I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Scheming Wizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    The Deserts of Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: The Garden IC

    Gabriella Velodyne

    "Oh this is Niles he has been my familiar and number one employee for years." She held out Niles to Palladian. "He's read all about your adventures and he's a major fan." She let Niles go who started floating around Palladian in a circle as if wanting to see him from all angles. "Let's see I have some things for you." She started searching through her small knapsack. "Here's a quill Niles wants you to sign his shell." Gabriella handed Palladian a very ornate golden quill. She kept shuffling through her bag. "Ah ha here it is. This is for you from me. It's called an Ioun stone I swear by them. This one enhances magical ability." The small orange triangular prism you are handed has the letter V stamped on one side and on the next side reads from your BFF Gabriella. The last side says and Niles.


    "I didn't want you to feel bad for not getting me anything, so I got myself a gift that's from you." She extends her wrist and shows you the diamond charm bracelet that she is wearing. It has four charms on it that appear to be small representations of your sword. "Each charm let's me summon you from anywhere on the same plane. I love it so much thank you for getting it for me."
    Last edited by Scheming Wizard; 2017-01-05 at 04:56 PM.
    "Or perhaps in Slytherin you'll make your real friends. Those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends."

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Palladian Lightwreath

    Taken slightly aback by the gift from Gabriella, fan, autograph, and gift from himself, Palladian's expression is quite comically surprised and moderately overwhelmed. "You're... welcome?" He manages, taking the Ioun Stone and quill. "Thank you, miss. You're too kind." He puts a hand on Niles, stabilizing him and getting a good bearing on his 'shell'. "Right here?" He signs it, attempting his best signature for the small creature before letting him float around again. "It's very nice to meet you, Niles. I wasn't aware I had any fans." He smiles politely.

    Palladian takes some extra time to examine the bracelet that can summon him. "That will come in handy if you get in a pinch." He says thoughfully, just as they reach the signpost. "If I'm here, I believe that there is most likely a larger danger involved. There always is..." He examines the signpost upon arrival.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned
     
    Valerem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    The Nameless Warrior

    There were many ways to react to the experiences of this... shift

    For some. The experience might be frightening, terrifying even. That experience of brushing against matter that your very soul paled at its mere existence. Matter that sought out a meaning to its existence, an origin from which it came from... but was fated to never find the answers that it sought, for there was none. The moment was short, so short that even the swiftest and most cunning of minds would notice it only for a brief moment. Yet that feeling of being lost could cling to a person’s soul, and make them terrified and witless.

    For others, this was a place for potential, and excitement. This was a place, unlike anything they had ever seen. A place that lead to unlimited possibilities and potential. A place that could lead them to other places, that they would not be possible to come to before. To places of great learning where they could come to understand the secrets of the universe, or perhaps to places of such wonder and spectacle that they would spend the rest of their lives there. Transfixed by the sights and sounds playing out before their very eyes.

    Or perhaps, they could've chosen neither. And instead be dead and tired with life. A cynical being, who simply sighed and kept on trudging on, due to that being the only option they knew how to follow. They did not believe in the choice that the place seemed to offer them. Neither were they terrified by the brief moment of being in an existence that was alien to their very nature. They would simply accept how their place in life had changed, and take one step in front of the other, just like they had always done.

    ... The Nameless Warrior was none of these.

    The Nameless Warrior was annoyed. As he had been rather... occupied.

    Still. He was used to such interruptions. And whilst this style of interruption was new. He knew how to react. Stand up, dust himself down. Pulling up his pants. Draw his blades, and advance. If these other beings he saw were a threat to him. He’ll cut them down. If they weren’t. He’ll leave them be.
    Last edited by Valerem; 2017-01-07 at 04:36 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    (n) A particular place.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    In ones or twos, winding down their myriad paths, they reach the signpost.
    It weighs on the air around it heavily in the false vastness of its surroundings, and looking away from it takes the slightest effort, a noticeable flick of the eyes. It once had been wood, perhaps, but the wear of time, strange winds, and stranger hands has smoothed and hardened it until it was smooth as polished amber.
    The base was easily wide as a giant's cane, and, should you try to walk around it, it would be easy to conclude it was wider still. As ones eyes follow the dark veins and knots upward, forms became evident, drawn seamlessly out of the post by some ancient knife or chisel. Four figures, huge and graceful with humanoid shape, faces upturned, high above the ground.

    The first had once been black, and the darkness in the wood lingered, though time had done its steady best to sully it. Hair, carved intricately and impossibly thin, streamed from its head. Long and unruly, swirling around its figure before reaching down past its heels, it seems to shift slightly as you look away from it, never remaining where it had last been seen. A crown circled its brow, and its hair resents being bound, rising and falling most violently around the tines of the crown. One hand, knuckles tight and strained, holds a rod of some dark metal close to its body. Its other arm, outstretched, is strong and lean, as is the hand, long nails tipping the wiry fingers. Along the arms length, letters are burned, black, long cold.

    Lose Your Heart

    The second holds some of its green hue in the folds of its robes. It leans out, one arm wrapped around the post, hood blown back to reveal a hairless, thin face, sun blasted, eyes pale and wide, lips parted, the beginning of a word forever resting on its tongue. The other arm, outstretched, seeks something. Thrust violently forward, its hand grasps for something only visible to its own hungry eyes. Along the arm, the grain of the wood is curled into the phrase:

    Lose Your Mind

    The third has red tangled in its hair and cloak, both of which are blown forward by some imagined wind, the motion portrayed so convincingly that one almost feels the stirring of hot air on their cheeks. Its lips are cracked, and its eyes have tears in them, though whether from sorrow or from the force of the gale, it is impossible to tell. Leaves swirl around its ankles, along with torn branches and sprigs of berries. With one hand, it shades its brow, while with the other, it points at some distant object. Along the pointing arm, words have been etched:

    Lose Your Way

    The final figure was once white, and had flowers spilling from its lips, covering its bare chest. It wears nothing, and leans back against the post casually, head tilted, lips pursed in a whistle as leaves sprouted between them. It covers its eyes with the back of one hand, while the other arm and hand are outstretched, holding a small knife out, parallel to the horizon. On this arm, the words have been inked:

    Lose Your Soul

    The air was still here, though along the paths that led outward the wind was strong. It smells of the earth after rain, of melting water, of coming frost.


    Once one draws their eyes away from the signpost, it is possible to see a small man, half the size of a human, with curly white hair, sleeping peacefully. A heavy amulet lies on the ground beside him, a knot of silver cord, and his breathing is deep and slow. His clothes, though they looked expensive and of good make, are well worn, threadbare on the knees, stains around his collar.
    He does not stir as they arrived, and could perhaps go unnoticed. There was something faded about him, and it is somehow easy to believe he is as old as the signpost, though his face shows no signs of antiquity.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2017-01-10 at 03:57 PM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove


  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    drack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    warming your deathbed

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Xalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerem View Post
    Draw his blades, and advance. If these other beings he saw were a threat to him. He’ll cut them down.
    Noting the undue hostility in the air Xalk directs his cold gaze at the swordsman first before following the same precautions with the others. His gaze hardly lingered as it slowly swept from each to the next. It was a hard cold gaze from a face that had been weathered by the years, but there was no dull fatigue in those eyes. As he glanced at them each he made sure to suppress any fear they might feel from him. Should the lad be foolish enough to use those swords later, only then would he have the lad recall precisely who those swords were pointed at.

    In the absence of that frightful air however, or perhaps in the ignorance of it, Xalk's slow pace as he used his cane to favor one leg made him anything but imposing. In fact, looking at him from such a view, a faint smile could even be seen in the eye of the little old man as he looked over the gathered crowd.

    Quote Originally Posted by D20ragon View Post
    Once one drew their eyes away from the signpost, it was possible to see a small man, half the size of a human, with curly white hair, sleeping peacefully.
    After approaching the post the old man slowly works some simple magic. Twisting his cane against the ground and coughing harshly he managed to summon enough power to raise him into the air until he can reach the giants, at which point he gently raps his cane against the soulless giant's forehead twice before slowly descending back to the ground. It was an old gesture, in fact it might well be taken as disrespectful these days, but he felt he should do it none the less. After landing gently on the ground and leaning his weight more heavily onto his cane once more he smiles warily if not somewhat ironically at the sleeping man without showing the slightest intent to wake him.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Edit: the spell was updraft
    Last edited by drack; 2017-01-07 at 06:09 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Sincerity

    A gentle, whirling wind preceded Sincerity's arrival, stirring the leaves and detritus of the path before she came into sight. Her elemental ties would be obvious at a glance, her skin white as the clouds, and her long, misty hair trailing weightlessly behind her as she drifted leisurely above the ground, her head twisting and turning to take in the sights even as she headed towards the signpost. Only her eyes hinted of something else, and they were whiteless and colored emerald, their vibrant glow only interrupted by lighter circle indicated her roving gaze.

    As she came to the signpost she slowed to a halt, giving the signpost and its statues one long, curious stare before her attention turned to the people around her. She smiled pleasantly at them, undaunted by caution, suspicion, or even outright hostility and drawn weapons. "Well met. Can anyone tell me where we are?" She looked over to the signpost again, then down at the man beneath it, the fingers of her right hand rubbing restlessly against one another. Then, as if unable to resist temptation, she brought her hand up and flicked the fingers outward. A breeze spiraled out from her, a whispering force that briefly quested out, then returned, retracing its spiral and settling back in her hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sincerity uses her base divine to detect magical auras within a 1280 feet radius around her. Admittedly, her attention is mostly on the signpost, because she is kinda curious about it. She'll attempt a spellcraft check to identify magical effects if any are present on it.
    (1d20+46)[50]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lyndworm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Chicago Suburb
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Savasati

    Seeing the others gather around the Sign, the forged man approaches cautiously. He makes no attempt to hide his arrival, though he hangs back a short distance. "We are here." Savasati's replies with a twisted iron smile."Though I don't know where that is. I'm more concerned with how I've traveled than to where."
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

    I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned
     
    Valerem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2015

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    The Nameless Warrior

    If others saw the fact his swords were out, as an act of hostility. Then that was their issue.

    If they wanted to go around in a place which they were freely admitting was completely unknown to them. Without having their weapons out and ready to fight with. That was their stupid decision.

    It didn’t matter who they were, what they were, or even what they did. They were off no issue or concern to the Nameless Warrior. Not unless they attacked him. And only then would they be his issue. With such a view, once Nameless had finished his inspection of this... ‘sign post’ that lay before him. The wolf-man stepping forwards and kicked the figure sitting at the bottom.

    It wasn’t a hard kick mind you. More of a nudge to wake him up. Nameless might not care about others, but he didn’t see a reason to be nasty towards them either.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Cassius Velarious

    Oh my Goddess! Cassius, did you see that? Cassius' sentient sword imparted telepathically, clearly referring to the spectacle unfolding all around them.

    Nope, didn't see anything. Flat out refusing to look. I'm quite certain my sanity depends on it. Cassius replies mentally, still not completely sure he's actually awake. Resolutely he focuses his attention more forcefully on the signpost, striding forward in a determined manner.

    And hey! Look! There's some people! Do you think they'll like me? What am I saying? Of course they will! A couple of lookers too, hey buddy? The sword says, the last accompanied by a mental nudge.

    Nope! Nope! Nope! Either I am dreaming, which means both you and they are figments of my imagination, and I don't like how that would end. Or I am not, and they may be incredibly powerful beings who can quite possibly hear what you're saying. In either case, and I don't really know why I should hope for this, but please try to be on your best behaviour. Cassius replied with a mental fist-shaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    "Well met. Can anyone tell me where we are?"
    Cassius approaches with a slight more-confident-than-necessary swagger. "Well met indeed, My Lady," Cassius says to Sincerity while beaming his perfect smile. Looking around the others he nods to Xalk, Palladian and Gabriella "Gents, Miss..." before pausing at Savasati, a slight look of confusion on his face, "... umm, you? I am Cassius Velarious, and I am so glad I'm not the only one who has no idea whats going on!"

    Cassius glanced around at the sleeping creature. "I hope we're not supposed to wait here. Because he looks like he's been here for a while!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So, anybody with any kind of telepathy ability will be able to hear the conversations between Cassius and the sword, there is absolutely nothing subtle about Talanon

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Palladian Lightwreath

    Decisive in all that he does, Palladian reads the signpost diligently and then directs his attention to the sleeping man and all the approaching individuals. All seem unaware of their reason of summoning, but one in particular seems to be on the offensive. Instinctively, Palladian passively herds Gabriella back a few steps, placing himself between her and the wolf man despite their distance.

    Hearing the conversation between Sincerity and Savasti, he interjects. "We're certainly not on any plane or prime I've been on, and if my loose understanding of planar travel serves me, I've been to a few." He raises an eyebrow, hoping he was of some use on the matter. All his "planar knowledge" was basically just repeating words of wise men who'd attempted to explain his means of travel.

    "Perhaps, if we're all here under similar circumstance, full introductions are in order. I am Palladian Lightwreath, paladin of the deceased White Knight and planar wanderer." It was possible he had short sold himself, but until Niles, Palladian was unaware he had any sort of reputation. He'll reach to Cassius for a handshake, as he's most likely the closest.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Sincerity
    Sincerity uses her base divine to detect magical auras within a 1280 feet radius around her. Admittedly, her attention is mostly on the signpost, because she is kinda curious about it. She'll attempt a spellcraft check to identify magical effects if any are present on it.
    Palladian has all his magic items, some misc effects from his sword, and has persisted/has active the spells Anticipate Teleport, Mark of the Enlightened Soul, Positive Energy Aura, Righteous Aura, and Endure Elements. Notably, his sword is a major artifact.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Scheming Wizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    The Deserts of Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    smile Re: The Garden IC

    Gabriella Velodyne

    Niles hid behind her as she hid behind Palladian. There was a werewolf holding two swords rather standoffishly in front of them.

    She wasn't that worried. She had the utmost faith in Palladian's skill with a blade having seen it in action already herself.


    Some others had arrived as well including what looked like a Golem partially made of wood. She waved hello at the golem wondering if it would wave back.
    "Or perhaps in Slytherin you'll make your real friends. Those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lyndworm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Chicago Suburb
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Savasati

    The forged man sees Gabriella's greeting and raises his hand in kind. "I am called many things," he says as he lowers his arm. "Demir Boga, Warhorse of Efendom, Savior of Kasaba, Scourge of Kotu Koy, Erector of Monuments, and Feller of Idols. I prefer Savasati."
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

    I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    (n) A particular place.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Valerem View Post
    The Nameless Warrior

    If others saw the fact his swords were out, as an act of hostility. Then that was their issue.

    If they wanted to go around in a place which they were freely admitting was completely unknown to them. Without having their weapons out and ready to fight with. That was their stupid decision.

    It didn’t matter who they were, what they were, or even what they did. They were off no issue or concern to the Nameless Warrior. Not unless they attacked him. And only then would they be his issue. With such a view, once Nameless had finished his inspection of this... ‘sign post’ that lay before him. The wolf-man stepping forwards and kicked the figure sitting at the bottom.

    It wasn’t a hard kick mind you. More of a nudge to wake him up. Nameless might not care about others, but he didn’t see a reason to be nasty towards them either.

    "Nafseel? I don't believe it, you..."
    The mans voice shakes and trails away, leaving a slight resonance in the air as his eyes open.
    No. No, open is not the word. They unfold, curved petals of soft white delicately moving outward from where they had curled around a pupil as shining and dark as wet pebble. "I'm still dreaming, then. What have you come to tell me? Please, make it fast. These days," he laughs, harshly, "even simple visions wear me out. From the inside, you know. They make my bones hurt and my heart beat like a manic drummer, my teeth chatter."

    He props himself up on his elbows, not deigning to stand, and vaguely beckons with a curl of his fingers, shifting closer to the amulet as he does so. "Well, let's have it, I shall never be more ready than this. What message required so many odd figments?"
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2017-01-10 at 03:58 PM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove


  22. - Top - End - #22
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Palladian Lightwreath

    Arching an eyebrow, Palladian inquires. "Who is Nafseel?" But quickly switches to triage when he observes the man's struggle. "Are you unwell? Do you need treatment?" Palladian sizes up the beings in his presence, hoping to discover one is a cleric.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Sincerity

    "Sincerity, of the Horizons." She hesitated over the last phrase, then glanced over her shoulder at the distant sphere she called home. "...which I expect you may not have heard of. I'm something of a wanderer myself, though this is... further out than I'm used to."

    Understatement, for sure, but Sincerity figured there was no use being too dramatic. "I'm fairly certain I came here myself, but if some of you didn't, I can help you find your way back home."

    She frowned as the hostile, possibly mute warrior nudged the sleeping old man, but didn't intervene until the man woke up. He seemed confused, or perhaps she was confused. One or the other. Either way, communication was necessary. She dropped down to the ground and knelt next to the man. "You're awake, and I don't believe any of us are messengers." She glanced at the others just to make sure there was assent (or at least no objections among them), then looked back to the man. "But if I can help you somehow, I will."

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
     
    drack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    warming your deathbed

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Xalk

    "I'm known as Xalk." The old man introduces himself with a friendly attitude, faintly turning his glance to the potentially mute warrior as he begins to wonder just how the man intends to further "motivate" the formerly sleeping man, but decides to offer a helping hand this time instead.

    Adopting a polite smile he eventually replies "I'm afraid I'm not sure exactly what our friend means. Figments? We're certainly mere figments of this realm. Messengers? I wonder what that message might be." With a gentle nod of his head he encourages the man to elaborate. While maintaining his friendly demeanor in the eyes of everyone else he looks directly at the old man, and for but a moment he stops repressing the the old man's fear.

    His hollowed eyes, sunken with age reveal a sharp and unbending will imperious enough to dictate every breath of life and filled with a cruel and merciless intent scorning all as if it were beneath him. His smile, filled with "kindness" strikes the man as being of a twisted and perverse kindness that crushes and mutilates the recipient. His lax posture that seemed to speak of weakness instead a relaxed overbearing attitude, like a calm ocean patiently receding from which a mighty wave could surge at any time. "Would you care to elaborate?" he asks in a patient and gentle tone which seems only all the more intimidating given the contrast.
    Spoiler
    Show

    demoralizing the old man.
    (1d20+115)[116] opposed by 1d20+level+wis mod. If it succeeds he cowers in fear for a round and then is shaken the next after which fear effects towards him will be repressed again. Fear against players is still repressed showing them the kind and gentle old man who's gently coxing him. What a kind and gentle old man he is.

    Anywho, real intent here, lets see if he's some kinda super-cosmic-entity, or a normal old man who's probably below, lets aim for the middle and say, level 70.
    Bypasses fear immunity and fear resistance is generally a single digit meaning it's a fair way to measure level+one ability mod.
    Last edited by drack; 2017-01-09 at 10:21 PM. Reason: name at the top
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Scheming Wizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    The Deserts of Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: The Garden IC

    Gabriella Velodyne

    Gabriella turns her back on the werewolf and whatever is going on with the old man to walk over to Savasati. Niles hesitated in mid air, torn between his champion and his creator. She sent him a telepathic message telling him to stay with Palladian. If something happened he'd be safer there. She waved a hello as she walked up to the Golem.

    "Cool titles. I tried to get people to call me the merchant mage, but everyone just calls me Gabriella. I come from a world called Salvus. Is that where you're from?"
    "Or perhaps in Slytherin you'll make your real friends. Those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends."

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    (n) A particular place.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Palladian Lightwreath

    Arching an eyebrow, Palladian inquires. "Who is Nafseel?" But quickly switches to triage when he observes the man's struggle. "Are you unwell? Do you need treatment?" Palladian sizes up the beings in his presence, hoping to discover one is a cleric.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Sincerity

    "Sincerity, of the Horizons." She hesitated over the last phrase, then glanced over her shoulder at the distant sphere she called home. "...which I expect you may not have heard of. I'm something of a wanderer myself, though this is... further out than I'm used to."

    Understatement, for sure, but Sincerity figured there was no use being too dramatic. "I'm fairly certain I came here myself, but if some of you didn't, I can help you find your way back home."

    She frowned as the hostile, possibly mute warrior nudged the sleeping old man, but didn't intervene until the man woke up. He seemed confused, or perhaps she was confused. One or the other. Either way, communication was necessary. She dropped down to the ground and knelt next to the man. "You're awake, and I don't believe any of us are messengers." She glanced at the others just to make sure there was assent (or at least no objections among them), then looked back to the man. "But if I can help you somehow, I will."
    Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    Xalk

    "I'm known as Xalk." The old man introduces himself with a friendly attitude, faintly turning his glance to the potentially mute warrior as he begins to wonder just how the man intends to further "motivate" the formerly sleeping man, but decides to offer a helping hand this time instead.

    Adopting a polite smile he eventually replies "I'm afraid I'm not sure exactly what our friend means. Figments? We're certainly mere figments of this realm. Messengers? I wonder what that message might be." With a gentle nod of his head he encourages the man to elaborate. While maintaining his friendly demeanor in the eyes of everyone else he looks directly at the old man, and for but a moment he stops repressing the the old man's fear.

    His hollowed eyes, sunken with age reveal a sharp and unbending will imperious enough to dictate every breath of life and filled with a cruel and merciless intent scorning all as if it were beneath him. His smile, filled with "kindness" strikes the man as being of a twisted and perverse kindness that crushes and mutilates the recipient. His lax posture that seemed to speak of weakness instead a relaxed overbearing attitude, like a calm ocean patiently receding from which a mighty wave could surge at any time. "Would you care to elaborate?" he asks in a patient and gentle tone which seems only all the more intimidating given the contrast.
    Spoiler
    Show

    demoralizing the old man.
    [roll0] opposed by 1d20+level+wis mod. If it succeeds he cowers in fear for a round and then is shaken the next after which fear effects towards him will be repressed again. Fear against players is still repressed showing them the kind and gentle old man who's gently coxing him. What a kind and gentle old man he is.

    Anywho, real intent here, lets see if he's some kinda super-cosmic-entity, or a normal old man who's probably below, lets aim for the middle and say, level 70.
    Bypasses fear immunity and fear resistance is generally a single digit meaning it's a fair way to measure level+one ability mod.
    A few of the petals in the man's eyes curl shut, as he mumbles the words Palladian spoke.
    "Who is Nafseel... what is there for me to question? He is all I have, I know this.
    Now it questions my health. Am I in danger? If so, what is the treatment it speaks of?
    Who is Nafseel, am I unwell, who is Nafseel, am I unwell... If I and Nafseel are one, then perhaps he is in danger?" With one hand, he fumbled at the amulet and raised it close to his face, its gentle luster giving a sheen to his skin, smooth and strong as the finest white leather.
    "No, he is safe, he is safe." His face relaxes for a moment, then tightens, hard lines pressing down around his eyes and lips. "This is a dream, a lie! I must wake up! Away, visions, I have no time or patience for arcane mutterings when there is everything to lose!"

    As Sincerity speaks, his eyes flare, petaled flesh writhing.
    "Is this true? Am I awake? Is Nafseel safe? Am I wasting time while he dies, damn you?"

    Xalk's gaze catches the man's strange and desperate one. "Are you the danger, then? You're on the Line." As their eyes lock, the man winces, visibly, drawn face contorting further.
    He clutches the amulet. "You've done something to Nafseel, just now. I can feel it."
    His voice is steadier now, braced against the old mans. "What could I have that you would value? My dreams are old and tattered now." Xalk does not look away. There is something in his eyes that the man cannot see, that he knows is there, that he knows is watching him, is both watching him and someone beyond him.
    The man drops to a whisper as his hand tightens around the knotted silver pendant. "They are old... the light shows through them. Please,"
    He does not finish the sentence. His head is low, no longer meeting Xalks eyes. His entire body is curled around the amulet, shaking and small.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2017-01-10 at 04:54 PM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove


  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    drack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    warming your deathbed

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Xalk

    Xalk smiles reassuringly as he slowly hobbles closer to the old man and his Nafseel until they are but a pace apart, or perhaps several paces apart for the old and infirm. Ahhhh, old and tattered dreams make for a good tea in the evenings before a gentle nap as the moon begins to softly illuminate the sky and as the last subtle wisps of sunlight slowly dissipate in the sky. Those so worn that light can seep through them would devolve almost instantly in the pot. The fragrance tickles in his memory as he extends a worn and liver-spotted hand from which what scarce bits of flesh remain, sag, as if devoid of muscular support. With a kind and reassuring voice Xalk tells the man "If you insist to such an extent... then I will accept them, with pleasure."
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    (n) A particular place.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    Xalk

    Xalk smiles reassuringly as he slowly hobbles closer to the old man and his Nafseel until they are but a pace apart, or perhaps several paces apart for the old and infirm. Ahhhh, old and tattered dreams make for a good tea in the evenings before a gentle nap as the moon begins to softly illuminate the sky and as the last subtle wisps of sunlight slowly dissipate in the sky. Those so worn that light can seep through them would devolve almost instantly in the pot. The fragrance tickles in his memory as he extends a worn and liver-spotted hand from which what scarce bits of flesh remain, sag, as if devoid of muscular support. With a kind and reassuring voice Xalk tells the man "If you insist to such an extent... then I will accept them, with pleasure."
    The man sits up abruptly, coat rumpled. Tears spill from the dark center of his eyes to slide through the layers of petals and then stain his cheeks with hot lines. He struggles to his feet, takes a step forward.
    "Until you've told me what the hell you've done to my Nafseel, you'll-" his breath catches. "Do you know where he is? Is that the meaning to this nightmare?"
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2017-01-10 at 05:02 PM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove


  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lyndworm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Chicago Suburb
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Garden IC

    Savasati

    Quote Originally Posted by Scheming Wizard View Post
    Gabriella Velodyne

    Gabriella turns her back on the werewolf and whatever is going on with the old man to walk over to Savasati. Niles hesitated in mid air, torn between his champion and his creator. She sent him a telepathic message telling him to stay with Palladian. If something happened he'd be safer there. She waved a hello as she walked up to the Golem.

    "Cool titles. I tried to get people to call me the merchant mage, but everyone just calls me Gabriella. I come from a world called Salvus. Is that where you're from?"
    Quote Originally Posted by D20ragon View Post
    The man sits up abruptly, coat rumpled. Tears spill from the dark center of his eyes to slide through the layers of petals and then stain his cheeks with hot lines. He struggles to his feet, takes a step forward.
    "Until you've told me what the hell you've done to my Nafseel, you'll-" his breath catches. "Do you know where he is? Is that the meaning to this nightmare?"
    "It is not." responds Savasati. "At least, I think not. My world has many names in many tongues. I know it as Arasinda. It is beautiful and harsh beyond measure, and I do not know precisely when I left. I am glad that I am not lost alone."

    The juggernaut is terrible at reading people, but he's seen terror enough to recognize it. He takes a few heavy steps towards the sign, and the old men beneath it. "Easy, fellows. I do not believe that any of us is familiar with Nafseel. This is no dream, no nightmare."
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

    I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Scheming Wizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    The Deserts of Arizona
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: The Garden IC

    Gabriella

    Savasati walked away to check on the old man. She liked the golem. She liked all golems really. It's why she had built Niles. She knew some wizards who had sworn off people altogether and lived alone with their research and their staff of golems to assist them. Gabriella considered herself a people person, but sometimes she wondered if that's how she would end up.

    The future aside her conversation with him had confirmed what she suspected. Not everyone present was from the same world. An important piece of information to be sure, but one she couldn't fit into the puzzle just yet.

    She didn't bother to walk over towards the sign post. Having Niles there was practically the same as being there herself.
    "Or perhaps in Slytherin you'll make your real friends. Those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •