Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Erfworld is an online comic about a table top gamer named Parson Gotti that is summoned from our world to the world of Erf, a world based on its own rules that function similarly to a table top game. This makes Parson, very experienced in gaming, becomes a valuable player in a game that may very well threaten his life. Does he want to go back to his own world at all, or is this world the perfect place for a gamer such as himself? Is he really dreaming? Will he be there forever? Who knows! What we DO know is that in this world, the pieces are living things, and the stakes cannot be higher. Join Parson on this wild ride filled with real world (or to the Erfworlders - Stupid World) references and puns, gaming homages and glory, fate and chance.

    Previous incarnations:
    GitP: Erfworld Forum section (Locked)
    Erfworld thread I
    Erfworld thread II: Finally thinking with portals, over a year later
    Erfworld thread III: As the Erf Turns
    Erfworld thread IV: In Memory of King Saline
    Erfworld thread V: Baddie Will Not Post In Thread
    Erfworld Thread VI: +10 vs Fat Guys From Ohio
    Erfworld Thread VII: No Consensus, Left Unsealed
    Erfworld Thread VIII: VIIInnie, VIIIdi, VIIIci

    Currently we are on page 222 of Book 3.

    Also, please SPOILER your comments for the first three posts about an update that has occurred.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    hajo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    DE
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Just in case someone didn't get the He-man reference from the current strip,
    about the flower and Gray Skull
    Last edited by hajo; 2016-12-30 at 12:42 PM.
    -HaJo

    FLW: Oh, no. We're being rescued. How embarrassing!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Goodbye VIIInnie, VIIIdi, VIIIci, it took a while, but I finally got you.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    I didn't get to vote on the name, but I definitely approve :-)
    So you'll insert the horse into the Large Hadron Collider next?
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Update,

    Looks like "VIIInnie, VIIIdi, VIIIci" still has Signamancy? This I did NOT expect.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Figures. He spends an entire thread offscreen, then reappears right when his title ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Figures. He spends an entire thread offscreen, then reappears right when his title ends.
    One might say that it's Predictable.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Plus side, Jillian now has no Capitol.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2016-12-30 at 10:10 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Officer Joy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Yes she does, it's "Stanly I'm coming for you."

    What was the reason again she changed her mind and not raised it? A feeling? Couse luckey her :/

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NEO|Phyte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eberron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Plus side, Jillian now has no Capitol.
    She is literally camping out in a capitol site she was planning on razing in the morning.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.
    Avatar by me.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Pretty effective back stab there. It is going to take a lot of effort to kill all of those bats with the Chief warlord bonus.
    FTDWIR

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Quote Originally Posted by Analysis View Post
    Update,

    Looks like "VIIInnie, VIIIdi, VIIIci" still has Signamancy? This I did NOT expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Figures. He spends an entire thread offscreen, then reappears right when his title ends.
    Guess we should have gone with a VIIIInnie name. What, that's not how numerals work?
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

    01001110011001010111001001100100

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Figures. He spends an entire thread offscreen, then reappears right when his title ends.

    Well, Vinnie saw and conquered.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Killer Angel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lustria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    "I'm coming for you Stanley"?

    I'm not so sure about it, now...
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)


    Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    I guess we talked just a wee bit too much in the last thread. This would have been the perfect closer.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalabim View Post
    I guess we talked just a wee bit too much in the last thread. This would have been the perfect closer.
    Took care of that

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Schllaand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    It is almost surreal how Erfworld updates too late or just time, and even manages it to do it in multiple dimensions.

    Clever plan by Vinnie. He sends out the enemy warlod and knights and can instantly take over airspace. If no one is in the garrison he can take over the city without any fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Well, good thing Jillian conquered the city of Gobwin Knob. For her at least.
    Cause she's going to lose Faq. Again.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

    Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")



  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    For anyone wondering what will happen in FAQ now, Vinnie already described the details of the scenario. All of it was true.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Vinnie can also repatriate Ansom and add his leadership bonus on top of the Chief Warlord bonus; those bats should be able to slaughter everything FAQ could throw at them.

    Though Albert can't do anything for a while now if I'm remembering correctly; it should be Transylvito's turn and FAQ units can't cross back into the city hex until Caesar ends it.
    Last edited by Ubiq; 2016-12-31 at 12:23 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    smuchmuch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ??Ph??

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Gee, I wonder of FAQ will attack Transilvito like the bracer predicted after that.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

    Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

    -

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Yuki Akuma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Land of Angles

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    For anyone wondering what will happen in FAQ now, Vinnie already described the details of the scenario. All of it was true.
    I don't think Dolly is really an unmounted Pink Dwagon. And the tower probably isn't spent.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

    Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Schllaand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Vinnie can also repatriate Ansom and add his leadership bonus on top of the Chief Warlord bonus; those bats should be able to slaughter everything FAQ could throw at them.

    Though Albert can't do anything for a while now if I'm remembering correctly; it should be Transylvito's turn and FAQ units can't cross back into the city hex until Caesar ends it.
    I don't think he can add Ansom's bonus; GK is still under the agreement with CC to not cause any harm to FAQ. If GK allies with TV they would be responsible for any damage TV does to FAQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    I don't think he can add Ansom's bonus; GK is still under the agreement with CC to not cause any harm to FAQ. If GK allies with TV they would be responsible for any damage TV does to FAQ.
    GK is allowed reasonable actions to defend their interests against FAQ the side. Only Jillian gets unilateral protection.

    Even if you think a counterattack under any circumstances is verboten and all the material losses GK has suffered don't allow them any leeway or any sort of balance in their actions Ansom would literally just be defending against a FAQ attack in the event of further hostilities in the immediate area as FAQ's forces left the city prior to the alliance breaking.

    Edit: and even if there are some random garrison units about they're almost certainly unled, meaning Ansom can stroll about after being released smashing face as the low level FAQ units auto attack into the level 10 dude with bat backup.
    Last edited by Bobb; 2016-12-31 at 06:05 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    I take it the plot is moving again? That's sooner than I expected. I'll have to go catch up.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I take it the plot is moving again? That's sooner than I expected. I'll have to go catch up.
    It's like gridlock on the highway. It looks like it's starting to move, and you get excited. Then everything jerks to a halt again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2015

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Yeah. We haven't gotten Stanley's reaction shot to gaining three new free casters in the MK, for example. That might take two pages.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Tron Spacetime

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalabim View Post
    Yeah. We haven't gotten Stanley's reaction shot to gaining three new free casters in the MK, for example. That might take two pages.
    Don't worry. We'll get like seven text pages about Prince Trammenis shaving.

    Seriously, this could have gone much faster. We were already given a dark hallway and Vinnie sizing up Albert. Then they could have "mock" fight. And then Albert gets backstabbed and captured. Instead we get this molasses slow pacing.
    Ruler of Floating pyramids.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Schllaand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    GK is allowed reasonable actions to defend their interests against FAQ the side. Only Jillian gets unilateral protection.

    Even if you think a counterattack under any circumstances is verboten and all the material losses GK has suffered don't allow them any leeway or any sort of balance in their actions Ansom would literally just be defending against a FAQ attack in the event of further hostilities in the immediate area as FAQ's forces left the city prior to the alliance breaking.

    Edit: and even if there are some random garrison units about they're almost certainly unled, meaning Ansom can stroll about after being released smashing face as the low level FAQ units auto attack into the level 10 dude with bat backup.
    I think that only means they can defend themselves. If TV wants to start an offensive and take the remaining 2 regular cities of FAQ while being an ally of GK this might be considered a breach of the contract. But I aghree, if Faq attacks the city Ansom can defend, but I'm not sure he can add his bonus without being formally allied.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalabim View Post
    Yeah. We haven't gotten Stanley's reaction shot to gaining three new free casters in the MK, for example. That might take two pages.
    I heavily doubt that. Stanley usually gets text updates, and that should be enough for "huh, got casters? * better tell Parson"; with * standing for 1000 words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Erfworld Thread IX: By the Flower and Gray Skull

    I may be confused by how allies work mechanically in Erfworld. Even if they are allies can Gobwin Knob really be held accountable for the actions of Transylvito which has its own ruler and interests? I can't recall any instance in the story that backs up the idea that GK's allies attacking FAQ or Jillian would cover their allies as well, or was it specifically mentioned in the contract?

    If that is the case well....it is possible that Parson recommended that TV and GK don't officially ally just yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •