Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 103
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UTC -6

    Default Playground Rebels IC

    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

    Sunrider, a Rebel cruiser hidden in a nebula along the Ison Corridor

    Loading droids and crewmen bustle about the hangar bay, loading equipment and supplies into the Storm Rider. Outside, an ionic storm swirls about the interstellar matter, concealing the ships from long-range scans.

    As one of the last pallets of cargo is brought aboard, the flight deck officer arrives with a datapad in hand. "Here's the final cargo manifest. Captain Toval will be down here shortly, he would like to speak with you before you leave."

    Spoiler: Cargo Manifest
    Show
    Most of the cargo consists of various electrical and mechanical components, including improved de-icers and thermal insulators for common Alliance equipment. There are several crates of such components specifically marked for use in Incom T-47 airspeeders.

    The rest of the cargo consists of approximately a ton of herd animal fodder and care equipment.


    Spoiler: Current Orders from Alliance Command
    Show
    The Alliance has recently relocated its command base to Hoth, a frozen world in the Anoat sector. However, unforeseen difficulties have lead to the base requiring an additional resupply. Because of its capabilities as a smuggling vessel, the Storm Rider is directed to meet with the cruiser Sunrider, receive the cargo, and head to Hoth. Avoid Imperial contact if possible. If contact is necessary, pose as smugglers to avoid betraying the nature of the Hoth base to the Empire.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hawaii

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Dax greets the man courteously as he reaches out to take the datapad. "Thanks, man. Before I go inventory this, are there any special instructions on how to handle this stuff? Got any gouge on the sense of urgency behind this? Anything I can bring you back from the tropical paradise of Hoth?"

    As he waits for a response, Dax quickly scrolls through the list of banal parts and even more banal bovine nutrition, looking for anything that would give an imperial inspector cause to check twice.

    Spoiler: Gather Information (Take 10)
    Show
    Dax will do an untrained gather info check seeking the gossip about this mission. if someone else wants to weigh in, could also treat this as an 'aid another'. Total roll is 10 + 3 = 13.
    Last edited by robnar; 2017-01-05 at 12:08 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    In the Storm Rider's cargo hold, Quastor "Cubey" Bick is keeping a watchful eye on the cargo loading. "No! Wait, wait, wait! Not there!" he shouts as a labor droid drops a pallet. He rushes over, datapad in hand showing the loading plan. "No. See? This load goes over there," he says, pointing to the far side of the hold, "Over here, the imbalance will flip the ship during the transition to repulsor lift, causing a crash that'll kill us all. And be sure to secure it properly when you get it to the right tiedown!"

    The Duros calls the last over his shoulder as he stalks away to look over the rest of the operation. "I swear these droids are making a hash of the load plan just to give me hell," he mutters. It crosses his mind that maybe 67 would have more luck explaining that an unbalanced load wasn't a funny prank, and he calls out, "Six-Seven! Where are you when I need you?"

    As the deck officer presents the datapad to Dax, Cubey changes direction and bustles over that way. "Don't tell me - there's a last minute change to the manifest? Fantastic, just fantastic," he scowls.
    Last edited by Philistine; 2017-01-05 at 04:43 PM.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," what he meant was, "I love you.""


    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Spoiler: Gather Information
    Show

    (1d20+10)[13]


    The final manifest also exerted it's magnetic attraction on Eponah. Truthfully, she didn't much care what they were carrying. But as the 'captain' of the freighter (as far as Imperial Authorities were concerned, anyway), she'd be expected to know what she was carrying. The summary, anyway. She wasn't about to memorise part counts or the like.

    "It's all boring stuff. Insulation generally doesn't have special storage needs, and the worst you can say about all this fodder is we might have to check the cargo bay for rodents during the flight. And nothing on the list I could pretend to be smuggling, worse luck; Thankfully it's not that hard to compose tales of being too down-on-our-luck to refuse a cheap-and-easy hauling job.

    Hey, Cubey, you're our expert galactic traveller: Can you find me the name of another extreme-temperature world near the Anoat sector? When they ask me where all this insulation's bound for, I don't want to have to tell the truth...
    "

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Six-Seven was deeper in the ship, having already assisted somewhat during the loading - Quastor had overseeing covered, and the other droids should suffice - and now doing a few checks to the rest of the ship's workings. Not strictly necessary - the cell had enough mechanical talent to make routine problems a nigh non-issue - but it helped reassure him. It all seemed functional, so he trudged outside after hearing Quastor's call. He joined the others gathered around the manifest, but merely waited and listened for now.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Darren Korr

    Darren stood at the edge of the hangar and watched the ion storm swirl by. Something fascinated him about the power of the cosmos, he was drawn to it. He was within an arm's length of the forcefield separating him from a quick death, but maybe he liked it that way. At his side was a small pit droid, absently tossing a rubber ball against a bulkhead. His reverie was interrupted by raised voices behind him.

    "Nibbler, go help Cubey with the cargo, make sure you don't break anything this time," Darren said at Bick's outburst. The little pit droid saluted and trudged off to report to the Duros.

    Darren glanced at the ion storm again and then turned away. His boots clunked as he walked over to the Storm Rider. Looking over the others' shoulders, he drew a slightly deeper breath, about as close to a sigh as he ever got, as he looked over the manifest.

    "Any cold weather gear for the crew, or are we not going to be there long enough?" he asked the deck officer.
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UTC -6

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    "There should be some extras in container..." the deck officer looks at the manifest, then reaches to scroll the list a bit. "...137, 'cold weather apparel'."

    As the Storm Rider's crew gathers around the shipping manifest, the hangar's turbolift doors open, and a male human carrying a black case exits the lift and walks toward the freighter. As he draws near, he calls out "I hope I didn't keep anyone waiting."

    Nodding his head to dismiss the deck officer, the man addresses the crew of the Storm Rider. "I'm Captain Toval. Alliance Command wanted me to brief you on this next part personally, as this is not on the ship's manifest."

    Handing his case over to Darren, he continues. "In order to maintain your cover story as smugglers, Command has authorized me to give you the three kilos of refined spice in this case. If you're stopped by an Imperial patrol, play off the spice as the ship's 'real' cargo. Any questions?"
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2017-01-09 at 03:18 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Cubey scowls at the case. "Bad enough to be smugglers, but now we're meant to be incompetent smugglers," he growls. "May I, Skipper?" he asks as he reaches for the case, already eying its dimensions and plotting where to stow it. "Hmm. A spot conspicuous enough that the Imps won't miss it in a cursory search, but not so conspicuous that they won't believe we missed how conspicuous it was," he grumbles to himself. "And the reward if we succeed? An all-expenses paid, one-way ticket to Kessel." He shakes his head in disgust.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," what he meant was, "I love you.""


    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    "Hey, could be worse... at least if we get sent there, we'll have the chance to smuggle spice for real on the way back out!

    Oh, that reminds me: What type are we carrying? I, for one, don't much fancy sampling it to find out... Or 'cracking' during interrogation to tell them about our Ryll stash, only for them to find it full of Glitterstim...
    "

    Honestly, she was thinking along the same lines as Cubey. The spice would definitely help protect the base at Hoth - at their expense. Still, she had to admit that was the better choice. And after all, if Koyi had died for these people, she could risk Kessel for them...

    ...Though she'd really, really prefer not to.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UTC -6

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    "Better to mine Kessel as an alleged smuggler than to be executed as a Rebel after leading the Empire right to the base. You don't have to be incompetent, just 'remember how to cooperate' when they accuse you of treason instead of smuggling. As to the variety of spice, Command told me it was glitterstim. Anything else?"
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2017-01-09 at 03:18 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    67 now spoke up as he observed Cubey consider hiding the spice, an idea having hit him.

    "My line of droids have storage compartments as standard - more than large enough for the spice and some other material to help hide it. Perhaps it could be stored there, as I would be acting like a regular droid and so it would just appear as if you were relying on them missing the possibility of contraband there rather than hidden on the ship itself." A moments pause for further consideration on this option. "The actually well-hidden courier compartments are also an option, if your spice-smuggling personas would be smart enough to go to those lengths - I doubt it. In any case, whatever the final plan, it seems best for me to simply play the role of a more...regular droid."

    He kept quiet on the whole punishment issue the others were talking about. His potential fate would be a bit less predictable, depending on things such as any captor's decision with wiping and reprogramming and their success against his defences and backul core. Best not to keep running the eventualities through his processor.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hawaii

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Dax stands at attention as the Captain approaches, and then assumes a more relaxed at-ease when they enter this highly informal excuse for a mission brief. The brief gives Dax a brief sense of unease - this is an elaborate setup for a fairly pedestrian cargo.

    But, gut feeling aside, it's a normal supply run. Dax waits his turn, then asks: "Sir, four questions. First, how soon does the cargo need to arrive? Second, if we have to choose, what is more important, on-time delivery of the cargo or protection of the location of Echo base? Third, if we are going to miss our deadline - say, from evading the enemy - is it better to scrap the mission and come back or to try again? Fourth, once we report to Echo base with the cargo, do we return to your command or report to the base commander there for further tasks?"

    Dax is relatively sure he knows that priority is protecting Echo base, but he doesn't want to assume the boss's intent. After the Captain answers, Dax confirms the cargo manifest with Cubey and returns the datapad to the flight officer.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Darren saluted Captain Toval and listened to the instructions, nodding as he did so.

    "That's enough," he said, when Cubey started complaining, "we do our jobs right nobody's going to Kessel."

    He waited for Toval's response to Dax's questions.

    "Fifth question, where are we supposed to be going with the feed and the de-icers?" he asked, "smugglers wouldn't just haul that stuff around for kicks."

    Once Toval's answered, Darren made sure there were no other questions from the crew.

    "Alright, let's get moving, start the pre-flight sequence," he said, picking up the spice case again and striding on board, "animals don't last long without food, and who knows how bad off they are."

    Determining where exactly to hide the spice could wait until they were on their way.
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Cubey's scowl never slips as he continues trying to estimate where the spice case can be stashed. "Maybe if we leave the spice by the airlock, and then if we're about to get boarded we can just dump it to vacuum. Leave that until just a little too late, it'll look like we panicked..." he muses. Inside, he's satisfied that his objections were registered. And anyway, it's always bad form to let the officer types get too pleased with themselves and their oh-so-clever plans. Somebody has to keep them honest.

    Once there are no further questions for Captain Toval, Cubey stalks back to the ship for a final check of their cargo against the manifest and the load plan. Having another pilot around - finally! - means he can split the pre-flight duties with Eponah, saving the cell minutes on each launch.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," what he meant was, "I love you.""


    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UTC -6

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    "The security of the base's location, particularly its status as a Rebel base, is your top priority. While the supplies need to be delivered as soon as possible, if you can't find a way to make the drop safely, contact the fleet so Command can reassess our options. They didn't mention attaching your team to my crew on a longer-term basis, so expect to continue taking orders from the higher-ups."

    Turning back to Darren, Toval adds "Allyuen and Tokmia are other planets in the Anoat sector with similar climates, though you could pick any temperate world in the sector and claim the cargo's for a polar research station. If there's no more questions, then good luck, and may the Force be with you."
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2017-01-09 at 03:19 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    "Allyuen and Tokmia, got it." The priorities were about what she'd have expected. Making do without supplies was bad, but compared to a full scale assault by the Imperial Fleet...

    Eponah couldn't help but notice Cubey stalking off, back towards the ship. She knew what that meant... Pre-Flight checks time!

    She wasn't much good at them. The technical sides of operating a ship were... not beyond her, so much as beyond her original training (not many pre-flight checks required to work a local theatre, after all!). 'Natural' skill as a pilot didn't give her experience, after all.

    Still, if she wanted to keep her spot as Cubey's backup pilot, she'd better learn. Which meant she couldn't stay out here gossiping while Cubey did them... Instead, she followed the Duros inside. "Where do we start?"

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hawaii

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    At the captain's dismissal, Dax executes a crisp salute, about-faces, and proceeds into the ship; grabbing his footlocker and cooler on the way. After depositing them at his bunk he starts to change into his armor (an in-depth procedure for the 75 lbs of plate and cannon). By the time he finishes, he reports back to the crew bay and Darren. "Good to go, sir. Unless otherwise directed, I will man the topside turret."

    The turret presents a new and unique challenge - adjusting the seat to a man who is 6'9" in boots and helmet and 320 lbs. Observers passing by the hatch will hear horrible imprecations whispered in high galactic, and an occasional loud bang and swear word.
    Last edited by robnar; 2017-01-09 at 09:07 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Once they were airborne, Darren called a quick meeting.

    "Alright, I smell something fishy, so 67, the spice goes inside your secret box," he said, "we get boarded, we don't mention it at all. Imperials have no reason to detain us if we don't have any contraband, and none of this stuff qualifies, except for the spice. "

    "We're headed to Tokmia, in case anyone asks, need a volunteer to look up some info on it so we sound like we know what we're doing, just in case," he said, "any questions?"
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hawaii

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Dax participates in the crew meeting while hanging upside down out of the topside gunner's hatch - too much of a pain to try to cram back in there.

    When Darren asks about Tokmia, Dax touches his nose - "Not it. I always learned my way around the galaxy by asking smarter guys. Speaking of which, Cubey over there is the best expert I know on everything galactic."

    When it comes around to questions, the blood is already rushing to Dax's head, and he shakes his head no when the boss's gaze passes by.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    "Tokmia, right. D'you know the place, Cubey? Oh, and while we're on the subject of our story, who here's a decent liar? I'm not." That... 'creatively honest' statement was followed by a flash of a toothy grin, before she resumed with, "I ask, because we're going to want to arrange for our better liars to do most of the talking if we do run into any... authority... along the way. Failing to sell people on what you're saying - or saying that little bit too much - are both horribly common ways of blowing your own cover - and believe me, cover's definitely not the thing that you want blown."

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    "Tokmia, Tokmia - where have I..." Cubey frowns in concentration, then nods sharply. "Right. Tokmia. A cruddy little iceball, primitive natives, no registered settlements," he says, heavily emphasizing "registered" as he retails a few of the bits of trivia he's picked up over his lifetime. "But look - innocent civvie cargo haulers wouldn't necessarily know much about the place, or need to. They'd just need a shipping order with a delivery destination on-planet. If we can fake up one of those, we can play as dumb as we want for anyone who asks us about it."

    With a thin smile, he dips his head toward Eponah, acknowledging her point. "With CorSec, one of the things we were trained to look for was people who knew too much, or gave us too many details. When you talk to security forces, you're almost always better off keeping things as short and simple - and as close to the truth - as you can. Or just keep your mouth shut entirely."
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," what he meant was, "I love you.""


    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    "Liar," Darren said with a smirk.

    "At a minimum we need to know roughly where on the snowball we're supposed to be headed," he said, "otherwise agree, silence is golden."

    "I've got half a mind to dump that spice out the airlock right now, but orders are orders," he said, "any chance we can plot a course that will get us to our destination any faster?"
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Cubey blinks in surprise at the commander's question. "Of course, Skipper," he replies. Didn't that usually go without saying? "Give me a few minutes to refine our course, and I should be able to shave a couple days off the transit time versus the navicomp's solution. Especially if somebody will lend me a hand on the console. Least-time route, no attempts at misdirection?"
    Last edited by Philistine; 2017-01-13 at 02:41 PM.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," what he meant was, "I love you.""


    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    "Liar, me? Perish the thought!" Again, Eponah appeared to be absolutely sincere. Even though she was, quite obviously by this point, playing with them. "I can work on faking up a delivery order once we're in hyperspace. To which end, unless one of you is used to helping Cubey plot, I'm happy to volunteer. That's co-pilot work, no?

    For the route... We should probably check the map first. If we can just go straight there without hitting any busy systems, we should. If not... what do the rest of you think of just joining a regular trade route at a quiet point, follow the traffic most of the way, and then disappear from the trade route once no-one's watching and we've got a clear run to Hoth?
    "

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Darren grunted in acknowledgement.

    "Just don't fly through a star to bounce too close to a supernova," he said.

    "Anyone have any concerns, you know where to find me," he said.
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UTC -6

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    The Storm Rider departs from the Sunrider, flying into the thick, heavily ionized nebula clouds. The storm has intensified and expanded since your ship arrived, affecting your sublight engines and straining the shields. It takes a little longer than expected to get to the recommended clearance distance from the cruiser, and once you do it's already almost totally hidden by the storm.

    On the bright side, the fierce energy flux should effectively erase your tracks in seconds rather than hours, and a micro-jump from the hyperdrive should get you into a clearer part of the corridor for a more solid reading from the navicomputer.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hawaii

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    Spoiler: Use Computer to use sensors
    Show
    Dax makes an untrained use computer check (note he has a +2 bonus to these from his background) in order to clear the area before jump. Can also take this as an aid another check if someone with better skills wants to go.

    Result: (1d20+6)[15]

    Note: Unless we happen to see something, Dax has nothing else to do before we move on.


    "Checking the area to clear for jump."

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    At the console, it takes all of about thirty seconds for Cubey to input desired starting and endpoints for the Storm Rider's journey to Hoth, and for the navicomputer to spit back out its preferred solution. Then the real work begins: for the next several minutes he's almost totally absorbed in massaging the computer's route, shaving safety margins along each leg of the route to the absolute minimum the ship's drives can handle, occasionally echoing the display for Eponah to double-check a particularly tricky bit of calculation. Finally he pushes back from the console and stretches. "I think that's about as good as it's gonna get," he sighs, looking over to Eponah for confirmation. "If you concur, we'll lock it in and go."
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," what he meant was, "I love you.""


    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    It takes Eponah about a minute to do her double-check (for obvious reasons, she wasn't going to skim this one), but she can't spot any issues.

    "Either these numbers are great, or our star-charts are wrong. I guess we'll just have to risk it, won't we?" She's grinning as she says it. The thought must have amused her, anyway.

    She'll wait for Cubey to make the actual jump before getting back to her feet. "Well, forgery time. I'll be in the main cabin, just give a shout if you want me to spell you in the cockpit for a while."

    Spoiler
    Show

    "Deception (Forgery)" - (1d20+15)[35], then taking 10 on a perception check to see if she's screwed it up.

    Eponah's forging a basic hauling contract from a 'Kirog Meffli', a Toydaran Merchant on Nar Shaddaa that she totally didn't make up on the spot. (Nar Shaddaa was chosen because it'll be nigh-impossible to prove the merchant is fictional). The contract was to be considered complete on delivery of their cargo to 'research station' Adare on Tokmia, with payment on unloading of the cargo.

    If her Forgery check comes in at less than her perception checks, she'll scrap the forgery and try again. After all, she's got the entire hyperspace run to get it right...

    "Deception (Forgery) - backup roll" - (1d20+15)[30]
    "Deception (Forgery) - backup roll" - (1d20+15)[28]
    "Deception (Forgery) - backup roll" - (1d20+15)[26]
    Last edited by whoiam; 2017-01-16 at 07:02 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UTC -6

    Default Re: Playground Rebels IC

    The path from the Corridor to Hoth is relatively short: Between the proximity of the locations and Cubey's aggressive pathing calculations, the trip is expected to take only 6 hours.

    Spoiler: Eponah
    Show
    The documents are (to your estimation) absolutely perfect on the first attempt.

    However, in the pensive quietness of your work, something--the air?--Something feels instinctively different.


    Anyone else trying something in the short downtime?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •