New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Sci-Fi Mapping Software?

Does anyone know of solid sci-fi mapping software? I've seen several with a fantasy bent of various flavors, but I haven't seen any with a sci-fi vibe. (Space ships/stations/etc.) The closest I've seen are a few digital tiles for sale on DriveThruRPG.

Frankly - if I could just export maps from Roll20 decently I'd just use those tiles and maybe some public domain stuff, but the only way to export Roll20 stuff at all is with screenshots, and needless to say that's a rather sub-par method. (I'd pay their membership fee for a decent exporting feature.)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Sci-Fi Mapping Software?

Quote Originally Posted by CharonsHelper View Post
    Does anyone know of solid sci-fi mapping software? I've seen several with a fantasy bent of various flavors, but I haven't seen any with a sci-fi vibe. (Space ships/stations/etc.) The closest I've seen are a few digital tiles for sale on DriveThruRPG.

Frankly - if I could just export maps from Roll20 decently I'd just use those tiles and maybe some public domain stuff, but the only way to export Roll20 stuff at all is with screenshots, and needless to say that's a rather sub-par method. (I'd pay their membership fee for a decent exporting feature.)
    I usually recommend Dundjinni for most mapping needs.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

profantasy software has cosmographer https://secure.profantasy.com/products/cos3.asp

However, I do believe it's an add on which will increase the price.
    Currently Playing: NICELA LASERIE (Neutral Good) Female Gray Elf Fire Souled Half Nymph Elven Generalist Wizard 20 /// PF Bard 1 / Paladin of Freedom 2 /PF Bard +17

AND .......

FERGUS MADROAR (Chaotic Good) Male Dwarf Half Earth Elemental

Cloistered Cleric (Hanseath) 5 / Divine Oracle 6 / Contemplative 9 /// Paladin of Freedom 20

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Well - as it seems like Dundjinni has become abandonware (which is too bad - because reviews say it's easier to use) CC3 it is. (I hadn't spotted that expansion. Not bad - though a bit more cartoony than I was hoping for.)
    Last edited by CharonsHelper; 2017-01-10 at 09:22 PM.