Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Spelljammer [OOC] "Spacejammin' electric boongaloo"

Spelljammer [OOC]
    Episode 1: "Yet another space drama?"

Player Character Race Class Role Status
    Fouredged Sword Strax No Neck Duegar Vitalist Evil Minion for HIRE! Active
    Ilven Phyrra The Half Drow formally know as half elf Bard Intergalactic Dame of Mystery? Active
    Morbis Meh S.A.R.A. Paranoid Android Warder/Investigator Helicopter Spelljammer Parent Active
    Corlindale Aurora Hooman! Medium Possessed Jack of All trades Active
    Linken Sam Horform Breathless Halfling Sorcerer The Person we force to go outside and repair the ship Active
    Klara Alaya The Abominable Elan Psion She likes the dakka. She made the dakka. She is the dakka. Active
    Ashiel Relya Satornsa EVERYTHING AT ONCE Vitalist Space Zelda Active
    Sleepy Shade Milissa 'Gull' Gee GREEKSKIN WAAAH Barbarian An Orc named Jane... I mean Gull Active
    Spoiler: Currently DMing:
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Spelljammer [OOC] "Spacejammin' electric boongaloo"

Phyrra is here to sing in SPACE!

In blue.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-01-14 at 02:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aurora is checking in too. Are we calling our colours? I wish to be Dim Gray, if possible.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

I is the here, I also called BOLD TEAL for speech and italic teal for thoughts/collective speak
    Blarg...

5. - Top - End - #5

Well Morbis i have some issue with that due to my own way of reading the different versions.

Bold is basically louder/brash speech
    Normal is just your typical speech
    Italics for whispers and/or non-speech communication, since making the letters smaller is just outright annoying.

Since everyone might have their own ways of seeing the formating i think we are better off just making it standard across the board.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

RogueGuy

"strax shall speak in navy as fitting of a navy medic!!!
    Last edited by Fouredged Sword; 2017-01-13 at 06:32 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by DracoknightZero View Post
    Well Morbis i have some issue with that due to my own way of reading the different versions.

Bold is basically louder/brash speech
    Normal is just your typical speech
    Italics for whispers and/or non-speech communication, since making the letters smaller is just outright annoying.

Since everyone might have their own ways of seeing the formating i think we are better off just making it standard across the board.
    That's fine, it's just the convention I am most used to, though I do recommend that we choose something for thought speech since we have two vitalists with a collective capability who may or may not get telepathy with the collective.
    Blarg...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Hurrah, OOC is up!

For telepathy you could just write like this:

telepathy: "Hello everyone, this is me using telepathy."
    Chief Librarian and Chronicler of Ashiel

9. - Top - End - #9

All telepathy have to be written in 0# or C# Syntax whichever is the most pain in the arse at the time.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

Am here, and by extension Sam is too! Yay!
    Last edited by Linken; 2017-01-13 at 08:44 AM.
    Hi, I'm Linken.
    I make mouse-drawn stick-figures in a 100x100 square in Microsoft Paint.

Spoiler: Here's one I made earlier.
    Show

If you want one, ask.

11. - Top - End - #11

RogueGuy

My preference is "" for speech and {} for telepathy.

"I am speaking aloud!"

{I am yelling at you with my thoughts!}

12. - Top - End - #12

Lizardfolk

Gull here "Green speak" and {Green Thought }

13. - Top - End - #13

I'll probably use purple for Reyla's speech and telepathy. I suppose I can substitute {} brackets for "" quotation marks when using telepathy, if that's the plan.
    Where we go one, we go all.

Debating Guidelines

14. - Top - End - #14

And IC is out: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...6#post21599356

Sorry that the introduction of you as a party was a bit "tossed together", but i feel this way you could have a moment where you met not too long ago. I give details as we get down the line, for now you have waited too long for a IC to get started.

Addendum: Extra points if you get the reference of the entire first paragraph.
    Last edited by DracoknightZero; 2017-01-15 at 07:37 AM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

...I was intending SARA to come with the ship, she is the ship's droid and thus bound to a specific vessel... her being a stowaway makes no sense, if anything the rest of the crew are the stowaways.
    Blarg...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morbis Meh View Post
    ...I was intending SARA to come with the ship, she is the ship's droid and thus bound to a specific vessel... her being a stowaway makes no sense, if anything the rest of the crew are the stowaways.
    She might have been activated in the crash, and we thus don't yet know she comes with the vessel.

17. - Top - End - #17

Well Morbis there was the bit where i tried to hint in the last part where it was kinda up to you guys on how that could happen, but i hit the iron curtain and ****ed up that last part a bit :P

Though my intention is that the group would be able together from the start, and that my wording would hint that you folks that are special have already been found, but under what circumstances would be a collective effort ^^;;...

So shame on me?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Lizardfolk

I was under the impression that we were all together at the beginning but I guess that wasn't clear for every one else. And every body's posts have made it pretty confusing.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Klara Meison View Post
    She might have been activated in the crash, and we thus don't yet know she comes with the vessel.
    Well Morbis there was the bit where i tried to hint in the last part where it was kinda up to you guys on how that could happen, but i hit the iron curtain and ****ed up that last part a bit :P

Though my intention is that the group would be able together from the start, and that my wording would hint that you folks that are special have already been found, but under what circumstances would be a collective effort ^^;;...

So shame on me?
    I think Klara's suggestion makes the most sense, we will go with that... Prepare for the crew to have an irate android harper on them for hurting her poor sweet Terrance!
    Blarg...

20. - Top - End - #20

Is there a standard system of dates. If so, what date is it?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

21. - Top - End - #21

When it comes to dates it kind of depends on the culture you are from.

For the humans its a count from their acension to space: which is about "932A" Months are similar to regular earth times.

Relya however remember a different date method, though she is not aware how long time it have gone since then since its mostly unknown these days, if anything the last date she would remember would be 32011-30.

Standard star-trading date would be 45th-13th 9714 or 45-13-9714. A "Day" would be about 24h earth time, but a "week" is 10 days and a "month" is 50 days. A year is as much as 20 months. The dating is unknown how it originated for real, but some sources claim its counted from the first tradepact done between spheres, though nobody remembers between who.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

When it comes to dates it kind of depends on the culture you are from.

For the humans its a count from their acension to space: which is about "932A" Months are similar to regular earth times.

Relya however remember a different date method, though she is not aware how long time it have gone since then since its mostly unknown these days, if anything the last date she would remember would be 32011-30.

Standard star-trading date would be 45th-13th 9714 or 45-13-9714. A "Day" would be about 24h earth time, but a "week" is 10 days and a "month" is 50 days. A year is as much as 20 months. The dating is unknown how it originated for real, but some sources claim its counted from the first tradepact done between spheres, though nobody remembers between who.
    Would anyone know how to convert said dates?

23. - Top - End - #23

The core races (Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and the half-something) races basically follow current earth logic, and then you can just use the logic described above.

So 1 Star-trade year would be 2,73 Acension years.
    ( A thousand days in a trade year, so obviously someone thought the system would suit better than 300-odd days )

Other than the "natives" of this system, convertions are known to most races that are interested in human history. As for the dates Relya is familiar with, nobody knows the convertion rates... and noone even know what logic its even based on... except perhaps Relya herself. (You can decide yourself Ash on how that would work. Though she wouldnt have a good reference to even do a convertion from with your current knowledge.)
    Last edited by DracoknightZero; 2017-01-17 at 02:30 AM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

RogueGuy

Can someone plain text explain the situation and what we need to do next? I am a little confused and I think my IC posts have confused the situation more.

25. - Top - End - #25

Currently you are stranded apon the ship that is maybe the most likely to leave orbit on the moon. One would assume you folks havent been lazy and found a ship that was in better shape than yours and what remains of it would be to find a proper helm somewhere nearby.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Currently you are stranded apon the ship that is maybe the most likely to leave orbit on the moon. One would assume you folks havent been lazy and found a ship that was in better shape than yours and what remains of it would be to find a proper helm somewhere nearby.
    So we are switching ships? That's going to be intereting since SARA' drawback is going to change. I thought we were going to fix the current ship lol
    Blarg...

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

I think it would be easier to repair our ship than to switch to a new one, both for plot reasons and because we probably know how our ship funcitons better than we would know how another ship would function.

28. - Top - End - #28

*sigh* Alright i am going to do a massive plot patch to fix some... misconceptions, and confusions.

My plan kinda failed as i just set the pieces and see if you guys could work the "how we met, and how we started to work together" part as kind of a retro-narrative between you guys so that you could have the background you wanted and yet be everyone from session 1... either i failed to explain that, or it just doesnt work without be basically sho-horning everyone into the same narrative without any consideration for your assumed backstory what so ever. (Yeah i am slightly bitter by this failure as it means i failed already in the introduction)

So let me "patch" the current situation and its assumed "canon" as for now, and the ideas i have for some of your characters to work in the current history of the setting and so forth.

The beginning was the six that isnt Relya and Sara crashed onto the scrap moon and totalled their ship. Damage to the original ship was massive so after some scouting around you guys found a ship which contained the android Sara, which is not too happy about the idea... though she rather see the ship back in working condition with a crew than to be stranded alone for...well... next time a living soul set their foot here.

For Ashiels character the stasis point to make sense it would have to take a long time to fit with their background race: The Mindflayers... though i wont ruin the actual plot around this other than the other characters might only heard about this race in myth and the actual time taken and where in the timeline and even...what sphere Relya even is from.

So in the end i failed in establishing this from the very start, and then failed to communicate this in a proper manner and then failed in that i couldnt friggin fix this earlier... hell i have been working on the setup for "Klima 4" a while and some of the setting before i even started to include you guys which shows >_<

TL;DR: Experiments failed, things got ****ed and confused... trying to fix **** so we even get anywhere.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Cool then. I think I can work with this.
    Where we go one, we go all.

Debating Guidelines

30. - Top - End - #30

Sorry for contributing to the confusion I will do better!
    Blarg...