Sharilyn

Other characters:
    Zartoc
    Simlay

Destiny pool:
    5 light, 3 dark

Spoiler: Activity policy
    Show
    I expect every player to be online and check the forums at least once every 24 hours. If a time-sensitive situation (e.g. combat) is taking place and a player does not post in a 24-hour period, then the GM will assume that the player's characters are doing nothing of particular import and treat the character as acting on behalf of the other PCs.

If an unexplained absence persists for 168 hours (one week), then I will take over the character as a GM and will remove the character from the roleplay when it becomes convenient to do so, or alternatively hand the abandoned PC off to another player if said other player wishes to take the PC on. If a player is absent but lets me know ahead of time, then his or her characters will not be removed in such a fashion. Explained absences will not be penalized.

Spoiler: Summary - the story so far
    Show

Spoiler: Day 1
    Show

Scene 1 - Trill brings the gravely wounded Rodian Skeeso into Eldrith's clinic, while Zo and Yijz are at the bar. Trill offers a downpayment of 50 credits to Eldrith, but can't pay any more than that. Instead, she promises him some of the cargo from her ship, which is in the space port. Trill then exits so that she can get the goods. Eldrith stabilizes Skeeso, but is perplexed by the nature of his wound, and tries to find out if Trill has a bounty on her head, finding instead that Imperial forces have appeared seemingly from nowhere and seized the spaceport. Frustrated, and worried that Trill might have stiffed him, Eldrith leaves the clinic to chase after Trill. Meanwhile, Zo and Yijz enter Eldrith's clinic to find out who the wounded Rodian is. Zo, due to his past, instantly recognizes what Eldrith could not: the wound on Skeeso's back was caused by a lightsaber.

Scene 2a - Eldrith catches up to Trill, at which point he agrees to accompany her to the spaceport in order to carry a greater amount of cargo. Following Trill's lead, the two make a parkour entrance to the spaceport and learn that Trill's ship has been beset by pirates in her absence. Eldrith sets a fire near the pirates' ship as a distraction. While aboard the ship, Eldrith decides that it would be easier to steal the ship outright and fly away with it, despite Trill's warnings of Imperial TIE fighters. Trill, deciding that she would rather not risk being shot down or tracked, takes something (revealed in scene 5 to be exotic Kashyykian fruit) from the cargo compartment and leaves, escaping from the spaceport the way she entered, while Eldrith flies off.

Scene 2b - Zo's medical abilities are able to wake Skeeso up. He learns that the lightsaber that wounded him was not an exotic collector, but a female Force-wielding alien of unknown species with a crimson lightsaber and working with the Imperials (revealed in day 2 scene 1 to be an Inquisitor).

Scene 3 - Eldrith arrives at the Blue Milk Jugs and picks up Zo, Yijz, and Skeeso, and remembers that he has a contact, Hazabar, a Lasat whose sister Tigozan he fixed up after a bike crash a year ago. Eldrith flies to Hazabar's warehouse and finds that Hazabar is out meeting a client, but is instead received by Tigozan. Eldrith begins negotiating with Tigozan, desiring to sell the ship for credits that he can use to pay off his debt to Gragst. Meanwhile, Zo and Yijz question Skeeso to find out that neither the Rodian nor Trill actually owned the ship, rather a man named Lodon. Trill, meanwhile, was a new member of the crew, hired as the pilot, but had her own goals having to do with her mysterious fruit. As these details began to come out, Tigozan realized that Lodon was in fact her brother's client, and called Hazabar at the bar where he was waiting for him, but the bar was attacked by Imperials and nabbed a Twilek woman, whom Zo quickly deduced to be the Blue Milk Jugs' owner, Tenga, a woman with no shortage of secrets. As for the cargo, however, it had been encrypted, and the datapad with the encryption key was missing, hopefully because it was in Trill's possession, not in the Empire's.

Scene 4 - Eldrith set out to find Trill and learn if she had the encryption key, going first to his clinic and finding a note left by her leading to a bar called the Parched Mandalorian. Eldrith, Zo, Yijz, and Tigozan's hired gun "Red" Sharilyn all converged on the bar. Trill was there, and had the datapad, but Eldrith was very suspicious of her motives, wondering if she was really a smuggler and maybe even a member of some kind of resistance movement responsible for the Empire's presence on Sidarin. A fight broke out between several drunkard patrons, which our heroes solved mainly by killing the instigators, and in the process rescuing an enslaved Wookie named Chips. Zo inadvertently lets slip that he has fragments of a broken lightsaber, and Trill is concerned about disguising Chips in a cloak that makes him look like a monk. They then drove speeders back to Hazabar's warehouse, with Eldrith having to dodge two Imperial speeder patrollers first.

Scene 5 - The warehouse is dark after Imperial patrols came looking through its part of town, but our heroes manage to discover that the darkness is a ruse before a friendly fire incident ensues. Trill hands over the datapad, decrypts the data, revealing the datapads in the cargo to be full of shipping manifests. Tigozan informs Zo that Tenga has been taken by the Imperials and will be moved on a convoy to a Corellian Engineering Corporation mining camp - a company Trill claims is being nationalized by the Empire. Zo claims that Tenga has incriminating knowledge on all of the party and that they need to rescue Tenga. Trill meanwhile reveals that she has been smuggling fruit from Kashyyk and has a mysterious paper map of a farm where supposedly a farmer can grow anything. By learning how to grow these fruit, Trill hopes to both fight a famine on Ryloth as well as rescue a species of tree on Kashyyk from extinction at the hands of the Empire. Zo feels the pull of destiny when looking at the map with the Force, but does not understand how or why.

Spoiler: Day 2
    Show
    Scene 1 - A news broadcast informs Eldrith that his escape from the Imperials the previous night has caused a manhunt for him, but after looking in more details he discovers that the patrol did not get a good enough look at him to learn his actual identity. Meanwhile, Trill reveals that the Imperial presence is led by an Inquisitor. Zo is particularly disturbed by this news, and promised to tell after the day was done. They then plan to rescue Tenga using Lodon's starship while Trill organizes a diversion. First, however, Yijz sets out to discover which vehicles the convoy will be using...

Scene 2 - Yijz sets out to find out which vehicles the Imperials are going to be using for the convoy. He is spotted by Imperials, but as he flees, his distraction is enough to enable Trill to set fire to the fuel lines supplying the spaceport's TIE fighters. Unfortunately for her, the resulting explosion causes her to fall off of a building, injuring herself. Eldrith and Zo borrow a speeder to rescue first Yijz and then Trill, of which Trill has been accosted by two unknown parties, one of slavers, and one with unknown motives but who wants her alive. Zo takes a few injuries as he saves Trill while the two parties fight it out with each-other and with Zo.

Scene 3 - The party set out to rescue the Tenga from the prison convoy in the stolen Imperial shuttle. After an exchange of fire with Commander Brocker in the lead car, they manage to defeat the lead car and rescue Tenga, the pirate captain and Tenga's rival Carcon, as well as the cybernetic doctor Nodoa and Mandalorian logistician Cort. Before they can escape, they are pursued by five TIE fighters, including one TIE of a new design piloted by the Inquisitor, who reveals herself to be a Gungan and menacingly informs that the party (or at least Eldrith, who is manning the comms) will lead her to what she came for on Sidarin. Nodoa hacks the Inquisitor's flight computer and steals two files: a map of Imperial objectives on Sidarin and the Inquisitor's personal orders from her superiors. The Inquisitor reboots her flight computer in order to break the hack, but this enables Yijz, now flying the ship, to escape via stealth with Nodoa's guidance. Eldrith, Cort, and Zo begin to interrogate Carcon to see if he has anything to do with the Inquisitor's message, but Carcon claims to have nothing to do with it, offering to help find out what the Inquisitor wants.

10 bonus XP awarded for escaping and for downloading files from the Inquisitor's computer.

Spoiler: Day 3
    Show
    Scene 1 (actually this should be night of day 2) - after flying through the night, the protagonists land in a group of abandoned warehouses that Hazabar directed them to on a coast twenty kilometers from a small refueling settlement, Linko Biris. Searching the warehouses, they find a number of curios, among them a map with numerous places on the outer rim and even wild space, most of them marked as "unsuitable". In addition, Nodoa began to decode several documents on board the ship's computer detailing the former captain Lodon's employment history, but there were a number of other files that Trill had left behind with a special encryption. They did, however, salvage three speeder bikes.

Scene 2 - the following morning, the group went to Linko Biris and met with the local bartender to get rumors, as well as for Nodoa to hack into the local Imperial communications relay. Eldrith starts a fire using whiskey from the bar in order to make a distraction for Nodoa to use to hack into the relay. Nodoa succeeds in implanting a Trojan horse into the Imperial network, which allows her to get information such as where the Inqusitor is on Sidarin, and allowing her to initiate a secure communication between the ship, Hazabar, and Trill. Trill gives the party the hyperspace coordinates of a pirate-controlled world where she knows the pirates to have been smuggling Sith artifacts - the very same pirates that the Inquisitor attacked the spaceport in Linko Sorisa for, and that Trill rescued Skeeso from two days earlier. Hoping to distract the Inquisitor into thinking that the pirates were what she was looking for, and not the mysterious "farm" that all of the evidence seems to be gravitating towards, Yijz flew the ship to the pirate world.

Scene 3 - Yijz lands the ship on the pirate planet. After exchanging information, including a warning that the Inquisitor is coming for them, the pirates fix up the ship but the party is brought into a holo-audiance with the Pirate Admiral - a mysterious man with an apparent demeanor of an (ex-)Imperial military officer, who wants to keep the Sith artifacts for his own purposes. Zo theorizes that this Admiral probably has Force powers, although likely weaker than the Inquisitor's. The Inquisitor arrives with an Imperial star destroyer, and hours of cat-and-mouse games go by of Nodoa creating spoof signals to fool the star destroyer's sensors. Both the Inquisitor and the Admiral seem reluctant to engage the other in open battle. The Inquisitor clearly is able to sense ships that have no artifacts - or not "valuable" artifacts - and refuses to fall into an easy trap. Zo tries to get the party back to their ship, and the Admiral asks if he has a plan. As it becomes apparent that our heroes have none, the Admiral gives them a plan, to send out ships in all directions, with our protagonists being sent back to Sidarin to warn a pirate enclave that the main base is being moved. Carcon and Tenga make peace out of Zo's willingness to rescue them, and Tenga now wants to rescue her dancers as well. Eldrith, meanwhile, suddenly realizes that he would rather have joined the pirates... or, so he thinks...

Entire party gets 5 Obligation to the Admiral for not coming up with a plan and being given one instead

Spoiler: Day 4
    Show
    Scene 1 - The party returned to Sidarin to deliver news for the pirate Admiral, only to find the location swarming with Imperials who killed the pirates and took it over. The party defeated the Imperials but let the officer live with the mistaken impression that they were simply pirates and the Imps would let the heroes go given knowledge against the pirates. Inside of the location, they also found a partially-completed version fo the experimental weapon that Cort's Mandalorian clan sent him to Sidarin to find. They loaded the partial weapon onto the ship, but clearly, more know about it than should...

Scene 2 - the party lands in a remote area and goes to a small town with public terminals. Nodoa buys herself a vibroaxe and Cort finds a broker to whom to sell captured stormtrooper armor. Zo reestablishes contact with Hazabar and they agree to meet at a train station in Linko Mors in three days' time.

Spoiler: Current Party Objectives
    Show
    Obligated party Objective
    Trill (and possibly Hazabar & Tigozan) Investigate the mysterious "farm" that seemingly has some relevance to the Force
    no third party (except possibly Hazabar & Tigozan) Investigate "unsuitable" location in Wild Space marked on map of abandoned warehouse
    Pirate Admiral Find out how the pirate Admiral knows of the Mandalorian cannon
    Tenga Rescue dancers from the Blue Milk Jugs
    Broker Sell Stormtrooper armor to a broker in Linko Mors
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2019-04-30 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Adjusting destiny

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II OOC

Bloop? Summot goin on here?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

So anyone hear from the other three?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah post your character sheet!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

What are we using for character sheets and how do I post it?

6. - Top - End - #6

Take the examples from the links I provided in the table above.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hey everyone i hope your doing well. I posted my sheet and got the go ahead from the gm so ive posted my doctor.

Looking forward to playing with you all and having a wild ride

Down time plans
    Become next pirate enclave
    Set up base for party members
    Develop informant network
    Setup passive income generating business

Desired gear
    Harpoon gun
    Helmet package scanner
    Last edited by cybric; 2018-12-07 at 02:45 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

8. - Top - End - #8

OOC thread updated - writing opening IC post now.

Shimmer, sagamer, and dmarks, please confirm if you're in, so that I can incorporate you somehow

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    OOC thread updated - writing opening IC post now.

Shimmer, sagamer, and dmarks, please confirm if you're in, so that I can incorporate you somehow
    Hi, I'm in. Sorry for the slow reply. I've been dealing with some pretty serious family medical issues and have been lacking both time and energy.
    It will be ongoing but things are on the mend. I'll try to keep in touch with the game but certainly won't be posting daily. If that's an issue then I fully understand and am happy to withdraw.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by sagamer View Post
    Hi, I'm in. Sorry for the slow reply. I've been dealing with some pretty serious family medical issues and have been lacking both time and energy.
    It will be ongoing but things are on the mend. I'll try to keep in touch with the game but certainly won't be posting daily. If that's an issue then I fully understand and am happy to withdraw.
    I hope your family's medical issues improve.

You can hop in when you're ready, either along with the other PCs or as a crewmate of the Rodian spacer whom Elrath is currently attending to (if you choose the latter, I've more information to share with you). I'd actually suggest the latter, as that would allow you to post at a different rate than the other players without it getting troublesome, especially early on.

11. - Top - End - #11

OrcBarbarianGuy

Shall I make some flavour of Perception check to discern more about the voices?

Also, I realised after I posted that noticing bloodspots should probably have been a Perception check too. My bad.

Or am I allowed to try and get a hazy premonition with Foresee?

12. - Top - End - #12

I actually already rolled perception checks (that's why Zo and Yijz got different information). Foresee would get more and different information, though. Good thinking!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

I hope your family's medical issues improve.

You can hop in when you're ready, either along with the other PCs or as a crewmate of the Rodian spacer whom Elrath is currently attending to (if you choose the latter, I've more information to share with you). I'd actually suggest the latter, as that would allow you to post at a different rate than the other players without it getting troublesome, especially early on.
    Thanks. It will be a long road but we've started.

Option two sounds like the best one. Do you want to PM me any details I should know, or just post them in a spoiler? I figure I should know his name if I was a crewmate.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

I'm going to be out of touch for the next ten days. I'm hoping to have some internet access but it will be sporadic.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by sagamer View Post
    I'm going to be out of touch for the next ten days. I'm hoping to have some internet access but it will be sporadic.
    Understood - I should have some info in your mailbox this weekend.

OfMossAndMoose - I would prefer if Zo would handle that, rather than make an NPC do that. What do you think, Rattigan?

16. - Top - End - #16

OrcBarbarianGuy

What am I handling? Sorry, but not sure. Is it that Zo is taking point with investigating?

17. - Top - End - #17

No, in that Yijz might do something really stupid and getting himself killed going off on a rampage, and Zo will prevent him from doing that.

Meanwhile, the dice have put me in a situation where a short while will pass before anything meaningful happens (unless Eldrith decides to chase after the woman who looks like the one who brought in the Rodian or something). Do you want to simply wait until something happens?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sorry i haven't posted on a while. Eldrith wouldn't trust her enough to pay him for the work he did plus her leaving out the bathroom is super sketchy to him

He's going to chase her

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

19. - Top - End - #19

Does Eldrith know that she left out the bathroom? Zo would, but...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ahh no that was more of a joke i guess but the fact that she's running around doesn't make him feel super great

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

A go on zo's lead

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah please feel free to post what you guys are doing while Eldrith is off on this crazy little run. I don't want the story to stall or be all about Eldrith at this point and lose you both.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Zo I'm leaning on you, so Yijz is gonna follow your lead so don't be afraid of determining where you take yijz

24. - Top - End - #24

Hmm... been a couple of days

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm... been a couple of days
    Ah shoot sorry about that. I just got back from a trip to Denver with some buds and i thought i posted before i left.

I'll post a reply tomorrow and get the ball rolling again

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sorry about the delay.

I was going to post more however I just want to keep the game progressing so any suspicions I have will be ignored for now and we'll move onwards and upwards hopefully.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

I'm waiting on Zo's reaction to the lightsaber burn.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ps i didn't pay it but i think it would make sense that eldrith would radio Zo that he was at the space port before starting to infiltrate that way someone knows where he is if this goes side ways. Plus i think Zo is the most responsible person he knows so that makes sense i think

It's cool if we can't retcon that but that wad my thought at least

In addition Ratigan im sure there is some like hang over cure serum in my clinic if you want to jab a certain drunkard pending gm approval and your own choice to use it lol

Just don't want you all left out of the story
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-02-19 at 02:13 AM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Learning that's some space magic wizard blade slashed this guy up might sober Yijz up.

30. - Top - End - #30

Rattigan, you still around?