New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Recommend me a good DM-less game

As the title says, I'm looking for a roleplaying game where there is no one player that takes up the role of Dungeon Master (Game Master, Storyteller), but rather, all players have equal standing. I am already aware of Fiasco, but looking for something more swords-and-sorcery flavored.

Preferably something with a physical book rather than online pdf (it's for a gift, and a physical book just looks more impressive than "here, I emailed you a link").

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Recommend me a good DM-less game

Fall of Magic.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Well, before you said Sword and Sorcery i was gonna reccomend the board game Shadows of Brimstone, as there very much is a n RP element there if you want it. However its a Weird West game. I know they are making an expansion set in Japan soon, but i dont know if it has magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

If you're good with something that is an excellent game and which can do (but is by no means restricted to) swords and sorcery there's always Microscope. I've sung its praises here before, but the short version is that it is brilliant, it is unique in a way that actually makes it feel different from other games in play, and that the core concept of a non-chronological timeline building game is extremely well supported while also even more fun than it sounds.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

In a Wicked Age, Universalis, Agon, Archipelago, Blood Red Sands, (arguably) Beast Hunters, S/Lay w/Me, among others.

These are mostly narrative games, but you're already familiar with Fiasco so that shouldn't be too big a deal. There's also no small number of fantasy playsets for Fiasco.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but Tunnels and Trolls and its Solitaire Adventures might suit your needs.
    It is basically a solid system with a series of adventures presented in an old shcool "pick a path" format, so even the DM has no real idea what is going to happen next until he moves to the directed page.
    I'd recommend one called "The Amulet of the Salkti". It feels the most grand in scope.