New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

"Me? I may fail, but I can try. Maybe if Red and I coordinate our actions I can take advantage of her distraction myself," Trill says. Trill takes a few deep breaths, seemingly calming herself from a little bit of anxiety, or something.

Chips grunts something. Hazabar translates "Chips says he would be best on the convoy, or with Red. He's worried that you don't understand Sheriwook, so he'll have to follow your lead."

"If that news broadcast was anything to go by, the Imps will also be looking for him," Tigozan adds. "That means they shouldn't see him unless he's ready to punch them. As for the convoy, it leaves from the starport in about five hours. You might do some recon to find it, first."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by cybric View Post
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

ps I'm terrified of what those black dots are going to do to this plan.
    Oh yes, I have plans for them!

Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-09-02 at 10:11 AM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I would prefer Chips on the convoy raid. I already have a numerical disadvantage, no need to take from you lot to aid in what's ultimately a really risky decoy anyway, especially when he has a better chance of surviving on that end. It'd be easier if I were an alien. Imps can't tell two Zabrak apart if one kicked them in the head and the other was on another planet entirely." She looks at Trill (Sharilyn hasn't revealed her name or her face yet). "It's a lovely color innit? I'd say the name suits me." There's a bland chuckle at her bad pun. "Two three dash one seven dash four six dash one one." She adds, resting a hand on her hip. Her personal frequency. Actually, it made a lot of sense considering that she only communicated directly with the bosses. Though it raised a few questions as to how often she worked with others, or whether or not there was an attrition rate with allies.

"I click my tongue into the mic so you know I'm listening, but can't articulate an answer. 'cause I'm getting shot. Or shooting someone. Or shooting someone else. Or sh--I do a lot of shooting, thinking about it." She paces a bit. Standoffish, sure, probably more pragmatic on the principle versus pragmatism spectrum. Despite the mystique she was volunteering for a suicide mission and was very aware of it. "I'll only be answering direct calls so as not to betray our frequencies should I end up in over my head."

"The pads, or paint. That a thing I can get my hands on? I'll be honest, I'll settle for clothes that aren't a bodyglove if it comes down to it. Just something to lay low in, especially if I have to scrap this armor in the off chance I can't kill everyone who saw me." She folds her arms, clarifying her question. "Because I think it's older than this building. That'd be wasteful to have to toss." She neatly removes her kama from her belt, staring at it. While her face couldn't be seen, it had, at least for a moment, her undivided attention. Traditionally worn by Mandalorian hunters to show their loyalties to their house, and kept low on the body in order to avoid interfering with their movements or guns. Her's was still worn down and tattered despite excellent care. Perhaps it was yet another hand-me-down.
    Last edited by ShadilaySev; 2017-09-02 at 01:25 AM.

3. - Top - End - #273

"We have disguises that you can wear over your armor, at least," Hazabar suggests. "And I am sure we can find a helmet for you, even with a mask. It won't give as good protection as yours, but such as it is," he adds.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Ten to one says it serves better than advertised." Sharilyn chortles, stowing her kama in a desk and heading off to start working on her disguise.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith nods "Recon sounds line a god idea the more information we have the better. Chip and I should stay put since it sounds like the imps are on the look out for us. I can do as much research and investigating from here as I can"
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

6. - Top - End - #276

Yijz is able to get out of the warehouse without any trouble, and begins the walk to the spaceport. There are relatively few Imperials today relative to yesterday, or at least fewer of them are out looking for something. The starport itself has guards posted at all of the main entrances, and the doors are closed to prevent anybody from getting in or out. They don't seem particularly concerned about individual onlookers, though, and so far Yijz the Gand doesn't really stand out among the crowd.

Show
    Where does Yijz go?

Trill also packs up some of her things, leaves the fruit in a small refrigerator, and leaves as well, her vest considerably less heavy or bulky. Yijz can see her having climbed up on top of a building at one point, but doesn't remain in sight for long.

Meanwhile, in the warehouse, Tigozan sets up a computer terminal with a secure connection to a satellite, and motions for Eldrith and Zo to sit down if there is anything they can look for.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith looks through the equipment the Tig makes available to them. It's not top of the line but it's more than useful. Right now what they needed most was information hopefully they could find something useful.

Eldrith gears up with tech and even nabs a pistol for himself that looks a bit more deadly then his previous loaner. Tig has some more impressive goodies stored away and Eldrith takes notice even trying to sneak a few choice items into his coat but is caught by Tig who grabs and twists his ear. "Alright alright I get it. My eyes are bigger than my stomach sorry"

With that Eldrith will trought over to the console that Tig set up and start looking around the net for information. He hits local forums, message boards, social media trying get a read on where the imps are centered or if anyone is reporting them doing anything weirder than what they've already heard.

He will also send out messages to any contacts that he can think of telling them to keep their eyes open for anything strange. In the message he'll remind them that they are all stronger together and also remind them that the imp presense isn't in any of their best interestes so they should all work together.

Once those two things are handled Eldrith will start probing around communications and energy distribution networks to see if there are any spikes or diversions that he would interpret as out of place.

Show

In effect Eldrith is trying to gather as much information as he can from as many sources as he can. Trying to take our first steps towards becoming information brokers ourselves lol.

I'm not doing it in this post but eventually I was thinking that an additional distraction would be like a power outage in part of the city or the communications network goes hawire. Perhaps also we could get really hackerish and make a backdoor into the local imperial comm network but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Communication and energy distribution task was to see if there is something suspicious happening around the city that we're not aware of.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #278

Show
    Talk about the least interesting set of rolls - Eldrith fails to accomplish anything, except to remain hidden!

Eldrith searches what his friends and their friends and their friends' friends and even what some of his enemies are saying about Imperial activity in Linko Sorisa. He doesn't find anything useful to today's task - mainly just griping about the night before, and speculation on what they might be here for and who their targets might be. A surprising number of people on Sidarin would turn somebody in, it seems, mainly because they don't want their own criminal records exposed, of which nearly everybody on Sidarin is guilty of something, unregistered commerce and tax evasion if nothing else.

There is one tidbit that Eldrith does learn, something that might settle him down a bit as he reads it. The Imperial police who spotted the Human and Wookie last night did not get a good look at either of them. It's clear from the location of where they were sighted that it was Eldrith and Chips, but the sketchy description being circulated around doesn't match Eldrith well at all. They certainly don't know Eldrith's name.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

After more than a little bit of time at the terminal Eldrith lets out a yawn and stretches.

He wasn't able to find any key information which was unfortunate.

He turns the chair that he was sitting in around and addresses those still in the hangar.

K, so good news imps have no idea who I am despite our being chased down and shot at and generally the center of imperial attention for second so yay for me. Bad news, I couldn't find out anything else useful about what the imps are doing, how they are moving through the city, or really anything. I tried ever trick that I know, looked everywhere I could think of, I even asked the Asair Sisters if they knew anything and you know how they feel about me.

Hopefully the others have a bit more luck

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz sneaks out trying to ascertain how much presence the imperials have on planet. He stops into to his regular "watering holes", and talks to old drinking buddies and anyone else who might know a think or two.

He observes the port and investigates the warehouse district.

(I've been so busy sorry for delay)

11. - Top - End - #281

Yijz doesn't see nearly as much Imperial activity as he did yesterday, that is for sure. At least the Imps are no longer out patrolling, or actively searching, for something. Either they found whatever it was they were looking for, or have decided to adopt a new strategy that does not involve stormtroopers out patrolling the streets. Yijz' drinking buddies have been laying low, for the most part. Unfortunately, at least half of the bars are closed, and the ones that aren't are super-crowded. They are happy to spin a tale or two, and Yijz does drink maybe a glass too many, but enough at least that he is able to survive his more dangerou

The spaceport is locked down, the one location in the city where there is an obvious Imperial presence. Out front, there are a few random, mostly civilian, vehicles, but there is one Imperial troop transport out front. Yijz manages to sneak behind an Imperial vehicle moving into the back lot, where the starships are serviced, and look at the vehicles in back. Interestingly, the troop transport is the only Imperial-marked ground vehicle there, although there are a couple of TIE fighters being refueled. Apart from the usual spaceport fueling crawlers and forklifts, there are five Correllian Engineering trucks lined up behind the main security office.

There is a flicker of movement on top of the spaceport terminal - somebody is on the roof.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-09-19 at 09:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282

Yijz just caught a glimpse of the hidden figure on the roof. Apart from trying to remain hidden, it doesn't appear to be doing much, mainly waiting, and observing.

While Yijz watches, a stormtrooper walks out of the main door and opens the back door of one of the Corellian Engineering Corporation trucks, inspects the empty hold, closes the door, and then returns to the main building.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz reports back over the comm about imperial transport the mysterious figure. He's hoping it's their new friend.

He follows after the storm trooper seeing if he can sneak a glimpse of how many there are. (Is there a window or anything i can look through?)

14. - Top - End - #284

The walls of the building the trooper walked into are thick and hard. As Yijz gets close, he sees a sign on the door marked with the Sidarin Security Corporation's logo - the organization that had been what passed for the police in Linko Sorisa before these Imps showed up. There is no window, but there is a security camera near the door.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yijz has about one round before I flip a destiny point and we start having fun!

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

So yijz heads away from the building and camera. He stops at the periphery and checks the roof again. Something tells him to wait.

He fingers his blaster and checks the roof again wondering how Trill is doing.

16. - Top - End - #286

Yijz barely gets to the edge of the parking lot, when three stormtroopers exit one of the Corellian Engineering trucks and begin moving in Yijz' direction. One of them taps his cheek as he activates his radio, while the others cycle their rifles, seemingly trying to decide whether to pursue on foot, open fire, or stand ground.

The flicker of movement on the roof is back. Suddenly, Trill's voice flicker's into the communicator. "Yijz, is that you? If you are, get out of there," she says.

Show
    There is an action that a person can perform with a gun that cycles the chamber and makes the gun ready to fire. Unfortunately the word for that action is also slang for a cuss word that the swearing filter caught. The soldiers performed the action with the gun.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    The three storm troopers have soak 5, 5 wounds, and are carrying heavy blaster rifles.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-10-02 at 11:37 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz sees the white armored troopers approaching his position. He banks away slowly at first but then walks off. As quickly add possible without running.

He resists the urge to look backç crossing two fat fingers in hope.

18. - Top - End - #288

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    GM flips destiny point

Yijz can with one maneuver make it to cover from the troopers, but the three are following him. The blue ring-shaped bolt indicates that their blasters are set to stun.

Enemies
    Trooper 1 - soak 5, wounds 5
    Trooper 2 - soak 5, wounds 5
    Trooper 3 - soak 5, wounds 5

Allies
    Trill wounds 13, strain 13, soak 3

Behind Yijz, the three troopers glance at each-other before one of them nods. Then there is a voice over a loudspeaker:

"You there, stop!"

A blue ring-shaped blaster bolt, likely a warning shot, sails over Yijz head as he nears the gate back into the rest of the city.

There is more sound of talking behind him.

If Yijz looks back, he will plainly be able to see Trill on the roof behind him - no doubt the person he saw earlier.

Meanwhile, back at the warehouse, Eldrith and Zo hear the following message from Trill "Looks like Yijz has gotten into some trouble. Could you maybe connect to news cams or something and navigate for him?" she suggests.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-10-03 at 11:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Oh-zheez... Zorryz gotza go-o!

Yijz quickens into a jog then a full sprint looking around for his way out.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-10-04 at 10:38 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290

Yijz is able to get to the gate before the troopers start shooting, but he can hear the pounding of feet behind him. To his left, there is an array of speeder bikes, currently unoccupied, but they look like bikes the Imps would use to pursue him. To his right, there are alleyways between the low metal buildings and bars, most of which are still closed and boarded up. One of them does have a balcony on the second floor with an open window, and there is a dumpster down the road.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith puts his hand up to the com in his ear.

"Wait what!? Yeah yeah I'm on it give me a sec"

Eldrith nearly drops the cup of recaf that he had freshly made as he sprinted towards his terminal. He grabs the rolling chair that he had been using and glides in.

"Ok, lets see what we can see shall we."

Show

access cams: 3eA+3eD 1 success, 1 advantage

In the spirit of fairness I also rolled a check to see if Eldrith noticed anything especially useful in the feed that rolled a threat so I'll included that roll here as well even though it was unprompted. Lesson learned lol

Spot check to see anything useful for our friend: 1eP+2eA+3eD 0 successes, 1 threat

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

22. - Top - End - #292

Yijz thinks he could possibly disable the speeders if he fired at them, but only if he kept moving himself, which would mean he'd need to shoot as if he were firing at moving targets at medium range. He won't have time to both disable the speeders and make for the window if he is to not be followed into the window. To get to the window, he'd have to jump and climb the balcony, but he could otherwise make it.

Eldrith is able to hack into the feed in the back of the spaceport where Yijz said he was going. He sees a group of three troopers running out of the back loading tarmac toward the spaceport gate. As he watches, someone at the terminal moves the camera toward the gate, indicating that whomever the soldiers are chasing went out that direction.

Spoiler: Rules adjudications
    Show
    Eldrith can continue hacking to try to get a better idea of where Yijz is. Zo can also attempt to sense him through the Force.

Reaching the balcony is a difficulty two athletics check, but one of the difficulty dice is upgraded to a challenge die because Yijz not only has to jump to the balcony but then also climb the railing.

If Yijz shoots at the speeders without moving, the soldiers will close to melee range with him next round. He will get two boost dice for the shot because they are stationary. If Yijz moves and fires, then he does not gain the boost dice. If Yijz is also going for the balcony, he must use two setback dice to shoot at the speeders because of his haste. The speeders are at medium range.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-10-05 at 04:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith relays as much information as he can to Yijz to give him the best chance of getting away.

Alright I see three of them heading out of the loading tarmac their making good time so if you're doing to do something friend I'd get to doing it.

Show

Would Eldrith know that Trill is there? If Yijz has drawn away the guards it might make a good opportunity for her to tag or otherwise id the truck that we were looking at for later.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz tries to leap for the balcony but misses. He lands just underneath the window.

Scared, he takes off running hoping to circle back to the speeders. He rushes along the side of the duracrete wall hoping to turn a corner quickly.

25. - Top - End - #295

The troopers burst out of the gateway, and look around...

26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo claps a hand on Eldrith's shoulder.

"We should go and get him. If they capture him he could lead them right to us!"

He stands and heads rapidly for the door, before pausing and looking back.

"....only problem is I'm no good at driving. Can you get me there in the landspeeder? Once we get to him I can handle the rest."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith had been working on a idea to get into the comm network around the area where Yijz was when Zo came over. He hits the last keystroke.

Yeah yeah let's go go!

Eldrith grabs the widest brim hat that he can find along with a cloth that could be used as a bandana to cover his face.

While heading over to the airspeeders Eldrith shouts over to Tigozan or Hazabar "Hey we need to head out. Is it ok if I borrow a airspeeder? Yijz needs help in a bad way and we can't let him get captured"

Spoiler: roll
    Show

computers roll to eavesdrop on the comm network: 3eA+3eD 3 successes, 1 threat

not sure if the difficulty is correct but feel free to adjust that

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

28. - Top - End - #298

Eldrith is able to get access to cameras just outside of the spaceport. He sees Yijz running down an alley and out of sight - fortunately, this also means that the Imps won't be able to see him now, either.

Meanwhile, Eldrith also can see several more Imperial troopers, different from the three that he saw earlier, swarm out of the spaceport's main entrance and start standing around speeder bikes of their own. They look like they're still coordinating, but are going to begin a speeder pursuit soon.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Alright Yijz I've control of a couple cameras the guards that were chasing you before shouldn't be able to see you anymore but you've got another problem. A whole swarm of troopers just came out the front. Looks like their planning right now but they're going to start looking for you any moment.

Eldrith thinks for a moment trying to rack his brain for the best way to help Yijz get out of there.

Show

Im assuming getting into the troopers comm net and giving them misinformation would be really really dicey right?

Cameras are giving us the ability to see the troopers but if we can see yijz head down the alley so can the person on the other end of the camera. Perhaps turning the cameras off is the best option?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

After Eldrith gives Yijz the intel that he has, a thought crosses his mind. If the guards are chasing Yijz then that means...

"Hey Trill you're at the port right? Yijz got made and pulled a bunch of guards away from there while they are trying to catch him. I think we've got a opportunity to salvage this run. While thier attention is on Yijz have you spotted anything looking like a transport they would use to move people?

Yijz was looking around there and it seemed like they might have had a transport prepped. We need to know which transport that is.

Can you do anything for us? A marking on the roof of the transport or a marker anything at all would be huge.

Show

Ofmossandmoss not to degrade your moment but I'm loving the idea of Yijz cheesing it way from the guards like Zoidberg from Futurama. Like drunkenly graceful somehow lol.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC