New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Yijz does not have a rock or the like nearby, but is able to pick up a piece of plasteel garbage (difficult to tell what it was), hurls it, and runs. At first he isn't sure if his ruse worked, or if he is still being pursued.

The end of the alleyway opens up to a small street with mostly stores lining it. Most of the shops are closed, either because now isn't a good time for them to be open, or because they were forcibly closed by the Imperials, or because their owners have decided that now is a good time to lay low and have closed the stores themselves. There is one open clothing store, however, one that specializes in the kinds of jackets and trousers that spacers wear. There is also a small food mart that is open and is a little further away, Yijz has seen the type before, most of the food they sell is canned or plastic-wrapped protein bars and similar fare, not proper food you might find on a planet with actual farmland. In addition, there are more alleyways that Yijz could run down, one with a visible dumpster overflowing with large trash canisters - maybe the local crime boss hasn't paid the garbage company enough yet, or has frightened them away with too many protection rackets.

The sound of engines behind him alerts Yijz to the fact that somebody back there is firing up some kind of vehicle, likely those speeder bikes that the Gand had thought about sabotaging. Fortunately, none of the whitesuits are in sight, yet.

Hazabar lets Zo and Eldrith borrow a small speeder with a deceptively powerful engine, likely a custom job, as they jump in, and they head out of the small vehicle hangar at the side of the warehouse. Elrith using his pad can see that the Imps have gotten onto their speeder bikes and are revving up, some are driving around the parking lot and gesturing, although what they are saying for now is unheard.

Perhaps ominously, Trill does not answer. A few seconds after Eldrith calls her, there is a pair of beeps from Trill's frequency - she has tapped her communicator to indicate that she heard him, but won't - or can't - respond to his voice.

As the door opens, Eldrith can see that the other warehouses are also largely closed, their inhabitants either afraid to do business or worse after last night. Also, Eldrith catches a glimpse of the main road leading out of Linko Sorisa to the south, and spies a not insignificant number of cars on it. Maybe people are hoping to take a holiday to somewhere the Imps haven't occupied, yet.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith reves the engine of the speeder. It didn't look like it should have that kind of power underhood but he supposed that was the point. A grins peels across his face as he gets ready to leave the hanger. Hold on to you butt Zo Eldrith then peels out enjoying the feeling of driving a powerful machine.

The smile and the joy is short lived as he hits traffic leading out of the city.

While Eldrith tries to think of another way across town he hears a pair of beeps from Trills frequency. "Got it Trill, one pip for yes, two pips for no. Are you in trouble?"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

awk. This is what I get for being proactive with dice rolls.

perception roll: 1eP+2eA+3eD 3 failures, 1 threat

Could I make a attempt to think of like a alternate route to the spaceport?

Alternatively is there a possiblity of like...hacking the street lights so all the traffic goes one way? I feel like I've been hacking more than a gardener here so it's totally cool if that's not something that can be done.
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-10-17 at 12:36 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

3. - Top - End - #303

Spoiler: for cybric
    Show
    Roll me a medicine check to make the poison. Difficulty is two. You make one dose per success.

As before, Trill doesn't answer immediately. In fact, it's a good deal longer than last time before she responds.

For all of the cars heading south, Eldrith quickly realizes that they aren't nearly as dense as he was afraid of - they only looked like a traffic jam because of the foreshortening effect of looking out along the road across the desert. Linko Sorisa isn't big enough to have real traffic problems, anyway.

The town feels deserted. Shops that would normally be open are closed. The town market place has a large sign marked 'CLOSED' in front of it. Inside, Eldrith can barely make out a forklift droid carrying a large box of something, and there is a human in an orange suit behind it. Eldrith doesn't see him long enough to be sure if it's a prison uniform or if it's one of the local construction companies' jumpsuits. He can't make out anything meaningful about what they are building.

As Eldrith turns onto the main street of town, the spaceport's control tower now visible in the distance, he sees a few more cars, mostly driving away from the spaceport, although there are a couple of large vehicles heading toward the market place loaded with more construction droids in the back. Whatever they are building must be a sizable project, or else needs to be built quickly.

Eldrith does not see the two Imperial soldiers on speeders zooming down the road away from the space port until they are nearly upon him. Then, as they do, he finally hears two beeps from Trill's communicator.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith turns to Zo and says "What do you think all the constructions for? There's another folk lifter an...Yeah there's one more their all over the place. What gives?"

As Eldrith finishes speaking he notices the speeders. "yikes"

Spoiler: For GM use
    Show

medicine roll for poison production: 1eP+2eA+2eD 3 successes, 3 threat

rad looks like 3 doses. Thanks

Quick question did the speeders wiz by a or are they stopping us?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

5. - Top - End - #305

The troopers on speeders tap their com links outside of their ears as they gingerly slow down, draw around, and then take off in pursuit of Eldrith and Zo. One remains behind the other, his plasteel-gauntleted hand on the side of his helmet as he talks with his compatriots. The other zooms forward, gaining ground on Eldrith and Zo.

The speeder bikes the troopers are using are, while fast, they are standard gear. If what he has heard of the legends of smugglers who ply the stars is true, Eldrith is pretty sure he could outrun these bikes in this custom speeder - over open terrain, that is. In a city like this, a bush pilot driver on Tatooine or maybe a Corellian smuggler might be able to use the speeder's full capabilities, but for Eldrith, it would be more than a bit dangerous.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

Frak-k-k-k! the stuttering of the k sound bouncing out with each hurried step. He runs to the dumpster and dives in.

He tries to calm his breathing with mixed results. He then eyes a bottle of bothan brandy falling out of a bag next to him. For a moment he thinks about drinking it, decides against it, but its appearance is like an omen and his mood improves, and he chuckles at his bad luck.

He radios over the com, Hey buddyz guyz! Ah da bugz flewz da coop-p-p, repeatzez, da bugz haz flewza coop-p-p-p! But gotza little ztuckzina bitza mezz...
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-10-19 at 01:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo looks back at the rapidly approaching troopers.

"Harrum. Do we try to lie, or shall I knock some heads together when they catch up to us?"

He takes a deep breath and centres himself, preparing himself for either eventuality.

"I could say you were rushing me to work, or feign an injury? I am not the best of actors. It may not last for long..."

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith looks into the mirrors of the speeder and back at Zo.

"Good call" Eldrith looks at the Anx and that high horn of his "what is the most ungodly awful sound you can make? do you have like sounds no human can make? I want sounds that would make these guys want to not want to be with you one second longer than they need to, you could be like sick as all hell? We could lure them in and if the lie doesn't work...punch punch punch"

As the two talk Eldrith is making a show of pulling over to the side acting all flustered and put out of sorts while talking to his friend.
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-10-24 at 01:27 AM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

9. - Top - End - #309

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo leans over, attempting to casually speak into his comm.

"We're on our way in a speeder Yijz. Getting pulled over by troopers. We'll get to you soon."

He turns to Eldrith, a worried look on his face as his covered crest ripples with colour.

"I can speak in my native tongue. Hrrrm. We speak in very low frequencies. We don't speak it with non-Anx, as it makes them uncomfortable. They feel the vibrations right down in their bones. Could discourage the troopers from staying. You will feel some...discomfort yourself. Is that ok?"

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Zo that is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. I'm uncomfortable a good portion of the time so yeah I'm good with it. You'll be wailing and speaking in Anx and those troopers won't want any part of us.

Eldrith pulls over and takes a deep calming breath. Partly to get ready for the discomfort he knew would be on the way but mostly to calm his nerves.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

11. - Top - End - #311

The troopers pull up as Eldrith stops the speeder, first the near one and then the far one. The echoing, low sound does rattle quite a bit, and the troopers seem a bit jittery with one handling his weapon, although not aiming it at anything. Cautiously, or nervously, they approach the speeder. "You're in an awfully big hurry..." he glares at Zo. "Can you tell your friend to pipe down?" the helmeted man says to Eldrith, nervously.

Yijz can hear the sounds of speeders hovering past on the street outside, moving slow but not stopping. Then he hears voices, although it is difficult to make out what is being said behind the plasteel masks the troopers are wearing. They're not obviously converging on him, for now, although they are definitely still looking for him. The odor of the brandy wafts from the bottle - it smells like it's seen better times, although the alcohol content surely has kept it sterile.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith is making a show of covering his ears and looking as put out as possible.

"WHAT?!? You have to speak up officer I...for the love all that's sacred will you stop the moaning Trax I can feel that in my bones for crying out loud!

My ears...officer believe me I'd love to have him stop but there is something going on with his stomach and well...if you have drive with this noise you'd be trying to get somewhere as quick as possible too right! All the clinics are closed right now with everything going on and all the construction for the project around here I couldn't find anyone that would take him.

I know there's a clinic at the port and I'm just trying to get this fellow some help...could you be any louder! I just need to get him to the clinic sir please I can't take anymore of this and I feel awful subjecting you brave peace officers to this awful noice"

Spoiler: occ
    Show

@PetrifiedWalnut I'm sure there is a deception roll in my future but not sure what difficulty you want that set to. Let me know and I can roll that for you.

@Rattigan Yeah! That is one sick Anx I'm sure those troopers just don't want any part of that.

@Ofmossandmooose We're on our way buddy! Hang tight and we can try and suss out our current situation.

I think it might be good after this scene to have a recap post OOC. I know it can be annoying but with the long periods that PbP games have it's often helpful to reorrient ourselves to the circumstances. I've had plenty of games where people have forgotten plans or forgetten that there is a danger and just stepped in it so I think that will help us out.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #313

The lead trooper leans back and starts looking critical, but then suddenly jerks his face up. Emerging from somewhere in the spaceport, beyond the walls, is a great gout of smoke and flame. A couple of seconds later, a shuddering boom wafts over Eldrith and Zo. They can feel the difference in air pressure as the shockwave passes.

The troopers seem stunned at first. One grips the side of his helmet and then says "HQ we've got two aliens on speeders who were headed to the port. Request orders." After a moment, the trooper nods, then looks at Eldrith and Zo. "You stay away from the port. We've got an emergency." His words are punctuated by another blast of smoke and flame, followed by another boom from the second shockwave.

Yijz is hiding in the dumpster when it is rocked by the sound of an explosion. The blast makes his ears ring, and it feels like the dumpster moved from the pressure of the blast. He hears shouting outside, some muffled by the sounds of Imperial helmets. The zooming of speeders follows, and then it is quiet... for a moment. Then there is a second, equally loud, explosion. Yijz is jarred inside of the dumpster as the the container is shoved against the wall of a building by the second shockwave.

14. - Top - End - #314

Yijz briefly peers out from under the dumpster's lid - it's not designed to be opened except by machine, so getting it partway open isn't the easiest. Still, Yijz is able to see a speeder bike zoom out of sight. The sounds of the speeders is becoming fainter and farther away - whatever those explosions were caused a distraction. Hopefully, that alone won't cause any more trouble!

Show
    What are Zo and Eldrith doing?

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    The lead trooper leans back and starts looking critical, but then suddenly jerks his face up. Emerging from somewhere in the spaceport, beyond the walls, is a great gout of smoke and flame. A couple of seconds later, a shuddering boom wafts over Eldrith and Zo. They can feel the difference in air pressure as the shockwave passes.

The troopers seem stunned at first. One grips the side of his helmet and then says "HQ we've got two aliens on speeders who were headed to the port. Request orders." After a moment, the trooper nods, then looks at Eldrith and Zo. "You stay away from the port. We've got an emergency." His words are punctuated by another blast of smoke and flame, followed by another boom from the second shockwave.

Yijz is hiding in the dumpster when it is rocked by the sound of an explosion. The blast makes his ears ring, and it feels like the dumpster moved from the pressure of the blast. He hears shouting outside, some muffled by the sounds of Imperial helmets. The zooming of speeders follows, and then it is quiet... for a moment. Then there is a second, equally loud, explosion. Yijz is jarred inside of the dumpster as the the container is shoved against the wall of a building by the second shockwave.

Wowww my word officer whats going on?!!! Was that an explosion?!? What's going on? First my dear friend is hurting, now there are explosions everywhere?

Show

Zo, your call if we want to pounce on these two or let them go. Again I want you to be able to have the spotlight as well so think about what would be enjoyable for you.

Eldrith isn't necessarily built for combat but I can give you healing and I do have a couple good quality blasters that can help out. With the upgrades to them the blasters I took only need 1 advantage to trigger a crit so I'm looking forward to how that works out.

Once I hear from you we can move forward.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

16. - Top - End - #316

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I will wait for Zo to move the trooper with him and Eldrith.

Yijz cannot see where the speeder bikes were having run around a corner to get into the alley where he is located. Directly in front of him is the perimeter wall of the spaceport, but above the gray metal palisade, there is a huge pall of smoke. It looks like it's a little ways into the spaceport, over where the ships are, though, not where he was looking at the loading docks.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

As Yijz poke his head up, he raises the garbage bin's lid. The garbage slowly sliding off of his now smelly jacket. Ah frellz diz dayz zalll fracked-d-d-d upz!

He waits anxiously for a response from zo and ed after zo mentioned the Imperials, Not sure if it's best to stay put or help intervene.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Orc in the Playground

Zo pzzhhtt... Can youzez 'ere me-z eh-h-? yijz says trying to whisper into the com.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

With the troopers distracted by the explosions Eldrith turns on his comlink in the speeder and sets it down hidden.

Oh my officer was that explosion at the port?!? Are safe over here? I mean were so close to the corner of Raddath street and Drath blvd so we should be fine right?

Show

Its like when you make a call with your phone not on speaker and then set it down

Last edited by cybric; 2017-11-02 at 05:38 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

20. - Top - End - #320
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz cautiously climbs out of the trash can hugging the wall az he goes. He inches to the corner and peeks around.

21. - Top - End - #321

The place where the speeder bikes were is now around a corner. Yijz can hear shouting in that direction, as well as the idling antigrav of the bikes, and there is more shouting on the other side of the spaceport wall. Then, on the other side of the wall, he hears a large vehicle start up its engine with a high-pitched whine as it lifts off the ground.

The plume of smoke continues to rise above the wall in the distance. The pall mixes tinges of grey black and reddish, much like the smoke of burning spacecraft, the flames of which are hot enough to ignite iron.

The distracted troopers continue to talk on their communicators, but one turns toward Zo and Yijz. "Contain? Affirmative, sir." the trooper turns back to Zo and Yijz. "Gentlemen, we've been ordered to keep you here and watch you until we have a better understanding of what happened. It appears that a fuel line caught fire and caused the explosion, so we don't think it was a bomb, but it may have been sabotage. Either way you can't go to the port right now. Preparation for evacuation of non-critical personnel is starting as we speak," he commands.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-11-02 at 10:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo continues speaking in Anx, reverberating air through his crest into the deep deep rumble that carries far through the air and ground.

"I am so so sorry but you are in the way of getting our friend."

He stands and lashes out with two large fists in one smooth move, almost faster than the eye can follow, one clutching the handle of his vibroknucklers. Each slams into the faceplate of the officious and unsuspecting troopers.

Show

So the way that two weapon fighting works in Edge of the Empire is you take an extra diffculty dice, and then pay 2 advantage or 1 triumph to hit with the secondary weapon, which in this case is a fist. Each attack does damage equal to base damage + uncancelled successes.

Unarmed Fist: Brawn, Crit 5, Disorient 1, Knockdown

Vibroknucklers modified unarmed by adding: +1 damage, Crit 2. Pierce 1, Vicious 1.

Attack on the troopers: 3eA+1eP+1eF+3eD 5 successes, 2 Light Side

Well. That is some dice. Force Enhance allows me to turn those 2 Light Side points into Advantages so I can get my secondary attack to hit too.

So. Primary attack is 10 damage, secondary is 9. I....did not expect to roll that many successes. Clearly the troopers were more unsettled by my speech than I thought.

Sorry for taking a while. Been helping brother through some stuff with his job and it's taken up my evenings.

23. - Top - End - #323

Spoiler: Game mechanics
    Show
    Flipped another destiny point from dark to light

Zo's fists make contact with the soldiers' faceplates with a cacophonous noise that startles him and Eldrith as the two armored men fall to the metal sheets of the street. Then, the real cause of the sound becomes apparent: a third explosion, at the spaceport, substantially bigger than the last two, with a mushroom-shaped fireball turning to smoke as it rises into the sky and flames now visible licking into the air. The color of the smoke and flames matches that of burning starship fuel.

Yijz, meanwhile, is shaken by another blast, which causes him to lose his balance and fall back into the dumpster, but the automated lid rises to its open position with him no longer holding it. The dumpster hits the wall of the building again, jarring him. Even from inside of the dumpster, Yijz can see the fireball turning from flame into smoke. On the other side of the wall, inside of the compound, Yijz can then hear a vehicle engine whirring up, not just one of those speeder bikes, and more shouting. They're not shouting for him, though - they have bigger things to worry about right now.

Suddenly, ominously, there are two beeps from the communicators that Eldrith and Yijz, respectively, have...

24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz pulls himself up and shakes himself off. He makes a dash towards the direction of the pulled over speeders. He allows himself one look over his shoulder and grimaces.

Heeyz! Imz cominz fo youzez whatz going on!?!

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith draws both of his pistol and levels it at the where one of the troopers should have been with a resounding "Heaayy!!!" but then realizes that Zo has already torn them apart "Heaayy...oh oh wow. Good, good job there Zo you're not a boucer for nothing it seems"

Eldrith kinda see's Zo in a new light and gives him a little bit wider bit of space.

Turning his attention to getting everyone back together Eldrith letting Yijz know their location again in more clear language now. He speaks really clearly and slowly assuming that Yijz is drunk per his usual state of being.

Once he's confident Yijz isn't going to get too lost Eldrith will contact Trill. He's very worried for her given how loud that last explosion was.

"Trill Trill, Oh wow lady you know how to make an explosion or what! Where are you?! We're near that port and we can get there asap. Are you hurt?"

Show

How are is it to find out a troopers operating number? Would I be able to look at the corpses and see their id's?

I'm thinking we could pull a little false information with the troopers comlink. Have the "troopers" report attackers away from whereever it is that we find Trill?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #326

Show
    Good question!

I'm going to say that's a Perception check, with difficulty zero, but the more successes you roll, the sooner you find the numbers. It's up to you how long Eldrith is willing to spend looking at this trooper (please include that in your next post).

There is a pause, and then Trill's voice comes on the line. "Hi Eldrith. Yeah, I think I succeeded a bit too well at creating a distraction. I'm injured and can't walk. I think I sprained my ankle," she says seriously. There is a pause, and then "I'm in front of a warehouse on Calrissian street, near Kessel avenue. If you could pick me up, that would be great," she adds.

Eldrith and Zo both know where that is - evidently she got out of the port before the last explosion, at least. As he revs up the engine, however, Zo and Eldrith spot a group of vehicles coming out of the spaceport on the road up ahead, and then turn onto a side road, the way one would go to exit the city. An Imperial troop carrier and three Corellian Engineering trucks are with them, followed by a modified miniature Hutt sail barge. They are heading east, while Eldrith is to the south of them, and Trill's location is northwest. If Eldrith goes to pick up both Yijz and Trill, these trucks will be out of the city by the time he will be able to get back to Tigozan's warehouse, unless he drives really fast, that is.

Yijz clearly sees the vehicles heading out, looking like they are moving hastily. Troopers on speeder bikes come out and flank the trucks, and go right by him, paying him no notice.

27. - Top - End - #327

Eldrith is easily able to find the soldiers' operating numbers - they're scribbled onto the communicators in what looks like ink, as if the soldiers themselves couldn't remember. He also recognizes the design that they're using and could easily spoof their frequency to make them look like they're somewhere else...

28. - Top - End - #328

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Hurry Eldrith, we need to move! Let's pick up Trill and Yijz and get back to the ship before they get away from us entirely!"

Zo sits back down with a thump, wincing as he sits on his tail in his haste.

He tries to steady himself, reaching out to Seek Tenga and which of the many vehicles leaving the burning building is her transport, but he is too distraught and unsettled to attune himself to the Force properly.

Show

Rolls for Seek
    Seek: 1eF 1 Dark Side

I've been making an updated character sheet. Find it here

Last edited by Rattigan; 2017-11-17 at 11:14 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmossandmoose View Post
    Yijz pulls himself up and shakes himself off. He makes a dash towards the direction of the pulled over speeders. He allows himself one look over his shoulder and grimaces.

Heeyz! Imz cominz fo youzez whatz going on!?!
    Yijz, yes great to hear from you! Listen I'm sending you Trills location meet us there ok? That giant explosion was her idea of a "distraction" suffice to saw it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan View Post
    "Hurry Eldrith, we need to move! Let's pick up Trill and Yijz and get back to the ship before they get away from us entirely!"

Zo sits back down with a thump, wincing as he sits on his tail in his haste.

He tries to steady himself, reaching out to Seek Tenga and which of the many vehicles leaving the burning building is her transport, but he is too distraught and unsettled to attune himself to the Force properly.

Show

Rolls for Seek
    Seek: 1eF 1 Dark Side

I've been making an updated character sheet. Find it here

Right! I just sent Yijz Trills location he'll meet us there so let's get going. I have the ID's from these troopers let me see if I can buy us a little time.

If we hurry we can make it without them getting too far ahead of us!

Eldrith uses the commlink and spoofs the troopers locations to appear near the exit from the city that he expects the transports to use.

He reports seeing armed citizens near the exit from the city with small arms and industrial equipment. He drops the detail that they were carrying what looked like explosives as well.

Show

Alright getting the party back together in the same location. Once we have Trill we can high tail it to the warehouse for the ship.

I'm hoping to get the transports to have to divert or delay their plans while they are chasing their tails here. Hopefully it'll buy us sometime to get to the ship.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #330

The Imperials fall for Eldrith's hoax with utter completeness, sending all available troops to quell the local 'resistance' at the main road. It isn't long before more explosions start taking place near the main road entrance - the Imps must be shooting at anything that moves, and more than a few things that don't. Through the chatter, Eldrith can pick up sentences like "Parked civilian truck, on your right. Could be insurgents.", "acquired", and boom!

Yijz reaches the speeders, to find that they've all been taken. Well, almost all of them - there is one that is clearly damaged and in need of repair, but it looks like it will drive a few kilometers first. Maybe this is one of the ones that got into a wreck while chasing Eldrith and Chips the previous night. Fortunately, the security measures seem to have been deactivated, so this one is easy for him to just up and take.

Show
    A little confused - are you going to rendervous near Trill, or just have Yijz pick her up?