New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    destiny point flipped now so that I don't forget later. I will update the rest of the new post with the new characters when this scene is over.

Because cybric did not roll a piloting check for his maneuver of moving back, I am assuming he is now lowering the ship to where one could walk from the ramp down onto the truck (a failed check there would risk damaging the truck and its passengers, too). It is a difficulty two athletics check to jump from the ramp down onto the truck and remain on your feet. If you attempt the athletics check and fail, then it is a difficulty two agility truck to avoid falling off of the truck. You don't want to fall off something moving at 150 km/h, needless to say.

Getting to the stormtrooper climbing up the rear car will require two jumps to earlier trucks. Each is a difficulty three athletics check, but you can use the crew compartments of each truck for cover. The troopers will be firing from long range to hit the middle car or the ship, or medium range to hit somebody on the car in front of them.

Eldrith pulls up on the ship's joystick, raising it up, while he lowers the power to let the convoy go past again. The cannon turret reaches its maximum elevation, perfectly trained on the ship, then has to swivel to aim backwards. The electronic indicator says that it is still charging.

Back in position over the target car, the landing ramp lowers with a clang - Eldrith is still several meters above the car he is trying to extract on, but a simple jump will suffice, as long as Eldrith doesn't move around too much. From inside of the passenger bay, Zo and Chips can make out the helmet of an Imperial whitesuit climbing up the ladder of the rear car. Their infantry blasters pose no threat to the ship, but they do pose a threat to a boarding party. This one, however, isn't ready to open fire and will still need to climb up before he does, so Zo or Chips could get there quickly, if they hurried.

With roaring sounds of a ship's engines overhead adding yet more distraction, Nodoa is able to figure out a way to start a static electric charge on her stuncuffs, and suddenly, the magnetic connection to the bar on the bench-shaped dias in the center of the truck releases! The two troopers get up, with their blasters, but their attention is on the roaring starship overhead, and it looks like their blasters could be knocked loose.

In the cockpit, Eldrith shoves the dataspike into the computer, but at first it seems to no avail. Suddenly, the communications jamming hack that Eldrith put in earlier fails. The convoy can call their base again! Before they can send any signals, however, the hack stutters, and their comms go down again. Somebody else is also operating on a hacking frequency. Then, Eldrith hears "Fly the ship. I'll fight the hackers," in his commlink.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Noticing the cuff links of the Nodao clip loose he whispers to her: "Hey... Hey... Chiss. I'm pretty handy with one of those blasta rifles, cut me loose" He eyes the rifles then chins towards his cuffs.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz crwals back into the gunners seat... Getta-a-a-a 'oldz ov-yozelfz! Diz iz allz partyz ofza-a-a ridez! Hzhahzzhaa!

4. - Top - End - #394

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo looks down from the top of the ramp at the speeding vehicle below. His voice is casual and joking, though undercurrents of fear run through.

"Anyone would think you were trying to get rid of me Eldrith..."

Steeling himself he takes a step or two back, then launches himself into a run, dropping to one knee as he lands on the roof of the speeding truck.

He steadies himself, bracing for incoming fire as he looks back to Chip and the rest of them in the ship.

"I'm on guys! Yijz, take out that turret before it can turn to me! I believe in you buddy! You got this!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

So here's my roll.

Athletics to leap and not fall (hopefully): 3eA+1eP+1eF 3 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Dark Side

Hopefully the difficulty roll won't screw me. Triumph is pretty cool. Won't make use of the Dark Side unless it looks like I won't make it.

EDIT: Just saw difficulty. Whoops. Difficulty Roll Below.

Athletics Difficulty: 2eD 2 failures, 1 threat

So that's a total of 1 success, 1 advantage and 1 Triumph.

I will recover a strain with the advantage and my Triumph to upgrade Yijz's next check (so one green dice goes to a yellow).

I'll do the Bodyguard action on Chip if/when he lands, so that if the trooper does manage to squeeze off a shot before we make it down inside the car it'll be harder for him to hit Chips

Wounds 0/17
    Soak 5
    Defense 3 rng / 3 melee (3 black dice to attackers against me)
    Strain 3/13

Last edited by Rattigan; 2018-03-07 at 05:18 AM.

5. - Top - End - #395

Cort and Nodoa are suddenly alerted when something very large and heavy lands on the roof of the truck, bowing even the roof in. Hard to say what it is, but it's a solid object, and it's way too big to be a person. The troopers look up at the ceiling, and raise their blasters while stepping back and looking up, as if expecting it to burst in from above any moment.

It will be easy for Nodoa to jump one of them.

Show
    Shadowflick, please wait until Zo moves so that I can post a new round for everybody, but you know how your round can begin.

6. - Top - End - #396

Spoiler: Ominous OOC
    Show
    flipped a destiny point from dark to light

Yijz sits down and aims the joystick, aiming for the turret. The barrage of blaster fire surrounds the lead car in a ball of flame created by the strikes of the hits, but when the blast fire clears, the car is still driving, although greatly damaged by Yijz' assault. It continues driving, but wavers under the assault. Another volley like that and it won't be driving anymore.

The turret still manages to pull around and return fire, but this time, the computerized aim is nowhere near as effective. The ship's forward shields take a beating, and the armor is scorched, but from the alarms on the console, Eldrith doesn't notice that the ship took any more harm. There is one blip, however, that he does notice, on the scanner.

It looks like some flying craft have emerged from behind a hill in the distance, and are headed his way. It looks like there are five of them, from the radar, about eighty clicks out...

Chips easily lands on the car next to Zo, sending another loud thud into the prisoner compartment below them. Chips takes aim with his blaster rifle and puts a bolt between the bulbous eye-spots of the trooper climbing up, but the recoil from the blaster causes him to step back and, regaining his balance, the blaster slips from his grasp and falls onto the road. The Wookie cries in annoyance, reaching for his vibroaxe. Another trooper appears climbing up the rear car.

Inside of the prison car, there is another loud clang as something lands on the roof, followed by the sound of a blaster firing, and then a loud grunt audible through the metal.

"That's a Wookie," one of the soldiers inside mutters, taking aim at the ceiling.

Show
    Yijz rolls 2 failure dice, so has two net successes. This inflicts 10 damage. The lead car is now at 16/20

The car rolled 1 success, for six damage for each of its two guns. That's not enough to get through the shuttle's shields and armor together, so no more damage is inflicted to the ship (ship is still 12/25).

It is now the PCs' move again!

7. - Top - End - #397
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz thrilled by his success blasts away another volley, his eyes twinkling with delight!

8. - Top - End - #398

Show
    No point in taking those advantages into account

Yijz unleashes a stream of withering fire on the lead armored car. At first, it seems like he has exhausted the bolts into the vehicle, with only a trailing wisp of smoke from the right side. Then, there is an explosion, sending fragments into the air and one striking the shields in front of the cockpit. The armored car, one of its antigrav thrusters demolished, drops one half to the pavement of the road, acting as a torque on it, as the vehicle half-spins, then flips into the air, off of the road, and bounces three times as it rolls, the turret falling out of it as it crashes over and over with a clang. It is unlikely that anyone inside it will have survived, and most certainly its guns will never fire again.

Meanwhile, the five blips on the radar screen draw closer, as Zo and Chips stand on the roof of the middle prison car...

9. - Top - End - #399

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo clomps across the roof to the back, shielding Chips and him from the climbing trooper as he goes.

He makes his way down the ladder onto the narrow ledge at the back of the truck, breathes in and out a few times then launches himself against the hatch, trying to push his way through.

Show

Athletics to force the door: 3eA+1eP+1eF 3 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Dark Side

If I make it through and have an action left, I'll try to punch a guard. If not, I'm fine with that.

10. - Top - End - #400

SamuraiGuy

Cort stares over the situation seizing the opportunity to play on their despair: "Come now mates, it's ova. Are your lives really worth it? Put down your blastas." He looks over to were the fight is coming from "I might even lie on your behalf and say your treated us well."

Charm Troopers to surrender.: 2eA+1eP 3 successes, 1 advantage

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith scans his console trying to keep the hack up and running. He's typing command lines as best he can when he gets to the message to let it go and focus on flying.

Relieved he looks over at his radaaarrWHAT! Five contacts inbound! Five! Inbound to them!

Eldrith presses the comms and lets his entire team know in exhausting detail that they have air born contacts inbound to their position and to hurry it up.

He puts his hands up to his head. Think. Think idiot what do you have, what can you do, you thought your way into this mess you can think your way out. think think think

Show

dude I want to give this ship a droid copilot so bad! Just hardline a astromech like chopper or something into it.

Spoiler: GM Question
    Show

Would Eldrith believe that he would be capable of spoofing the radar of the inbound fighters with Skeeso's help? I want to make the fighters believe that we have changed course and are moving away from our actual heading.

If Eldrith feels that isn't possible then he'll manuever behind the troop transport at the back with all the troopers and let the computer have a couple blasts at it.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

12. - Top - End - #402

Spoiler: OOC: For the radar man
    Show
    Go ahead and roll.

Zo's massive bulk smashes into the back door of the truck, forcing the back doors open. Chips' bulk appears beside him. One of the troopers takes aim, then hears Cort, and pauses. Tenga smirks at the trooper. Slowly, the troopers lower their blasters, and back up, raising their hands. "The stuncuff codes are on the panel on the wall," one of the troopers says.

Meanwhile, on the back car, more troopers climb up the ladder and onto the car. The shuttle with its ramp lowered greets their eyes, and they don't have a clean shot at Zo or Chips. Yijz has a perfectly clean shot at them, though, and they seem to know it.

The five blips continue their course. The comlink in Eldrith's ear buzzes to life. "Those reflections look about right to be TIE fighters, but one of them looks like it's a different model from the ones I've seen before. They're moving slower than I'd expect, though. Weird."

Show
    Combat officially ends, break out of initiative, but hurry up because it will start again soon!

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa then...just stands up, already having freed herself "Good. The other outcome would have been painful for all parties" She says, with a simple nod, moving to the panel to obtain said codes and use them to release the cuffs "Blaster burns are troublesome to mend. I lost a finger to them. It was soon replaced"

14. - Top - End - #404

SamuraiGuy

As Nodoa starts to release the cuffs, Cort takes his eyes off the Wookie and looks over to his fellow prisoners. "So I assume these blokes are here for one of you?" He rubs his wrists from the cuffs, offering a nod in thanks to Cybernetisist.

Still waiting for a response from the others, he looks back at the Wookie and slowly reaches down to pick up a blaster with one hand and the other holding a halting or calming palm at the wookie's direction. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Right, mate? I'm just getting some help here for what is waiting outside" He motions with his eyes to the blaster as he cautiously picks it up not knowing if it might offend the wookie.
    Last edited by Idares; 2018-03-14 at 03:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #405

Tenga smirks at Zo as he bashes into the truck, and heads toward the back door as she is released. She then looks back at Carcon and purses her lip, then takes on a look of unease as the sound of Eldrith's voice buzzes in Zo's ear. It's hard to tell if she can hear what is being said, or just figures it out from the gist. She also is obviously unsure of what to do about Carcon.

The soldiers stand back and try to look unobtrusive.

The sense of urgency grows on board the ship, as the blips on the radar fan out as they come closer. Eldrith does his best to use a signal to spoof the ship's radar reflection. There is no difference the incoming vessels' trajectory, but then Eldrith realizes that their pilots would know where the convoy is, so until he leaves it, spoofing his own radar signature would not mislead them.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-03-16 at 10:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo's rumbling voice has a note of urgency and volume that vibrates in the bones of those around him

"We've got company. All those who don't want to get processed in an Imperial questioning facility, get out the back and up the stairs NOW."

He takes a few breaths to calm himself, then adds "Don't worry, a ship is waiting for you on the roof, but we have to go fast!"

Zo works to usher Tenga out, making sure to help her up the ladder and steady her on the swaying roof of the speeding truck if she'll let him.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So how's it going in there? I've got 5 ties inbound. Their moving slow but I've got a bad feeling eldrith says excitedly

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa turn on a heel to Zo, her head tilted as she takes in her...rescuers ""It would be less then Ideal to study biomechanics inside an imperial jail cell. Very well then. Let us be off" She turns to the Mandolorian, before exiting the truck "Apologies for not releasing you as well." She hoists herself up onto the roof "any reason as to why you would be rescuing us? Someone on board you required?"
    Last edited by Shadowflick; 2018-03-15 at 03:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith pulls the flight stick positioning the ship so that his team can get back on board.

"Zo, you've got 4 minutes till those TIEs are in engagement range. Whatever you're going to do I'd get to doing it."

While he's giving his warning to Zo Eldrith turns to his console and starts macro programs and viral programs like a mad man. He immediately dismisses trying to make it look like the convoy and ship are moving away in a different direction as nonsensical. Command would have a timetable of where the convoy should be and these trucks weren't meant to go off road.

Then it hits him. He can make it look like there is a whole squadron of fighters inbound from the mountains. Just close enough to pull the fighters but also on a flight path that makes it appear they are going to attack the settlement.

"Let's see what you do about this buds" as Eldrith hits the final key stroke.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

20. - Top - End - #410

Show
    Ugh - two failures on the lone difficulty die for the piloting check.

Two more damage to the ship.

Three threat on the computers roll - which exactly cancels out your advantage.

You need to decide whether you are going to rescue Carcon.

Eldrith maneuvers the ship back, but a little too low and a little too far. The aft portion of the ship crunches down on the prison car behind him, probably injuring the driver if not killing him and possibly also harming some of the passengers. The engines sputter and pop as the metal of the truck is jammed into them, but manage to keep operational. The blast from the engines does knock two unfortunate stormtroopers off of the rearmost car onto the road. Hitting pavement going 150 kilometers per hour is not going to be healthy for them, even in their armor, but at least they aren't going to be shooting through the now-lowered ramp. The prisoners and rescue party can now easily climb aboard.

To his relief, Eldrith notices the TIEs regroup, change formation, and then fan out, three peeling off toward the source of his fake signal. The remaining two continue heading toward the convoy. The one signal that is different from the others is one of the two still making a bee-line for Eldrith's position. They're also moving at top speed, now, but after their regrouping and changing formation, he hasn't lost any time.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-03-15 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

21. - Top - End - #411

SamuraiGuy

He looks over to the disarmed soldiers: "Well mates, I would have cuffed ya, but time is fleeding" he makes a quick pace up the ladder and aboard the ship, having little choice in options of who to trust, but keeping his blaster under his arm and having grabbed the second blaster if anyone else failed to do so.

As he climbs up he waves off the apology of Nadoa: "Ai, it's quite alright missy. All's well that ends well, right?"
    Last edited by Idares; 2018-03-16 at 10:38 AM.

22. - Top - End - #412

The troopers look at each-other as the prisoners get out. Tenga smiles at Zo, but then glances noticeably at Carcon, then gives him a somewhat disappointed look, but still climbs up the ladder and then jumps onto the ramp. In a minute, everybody is on board, and Eldrith can take off.

In that time, the two approaching TIE fighters have ascended in altitude and are still headed in the direction of the ship. The other three TIEs are fanning out in the area of where the fake fighter squadron was to be coming from, and are also rising in altitude.

Then, Hazabar speaks into the comlinks of Eldrith, Zo, and Yijz. "Four of those fighters are standard TIEs. Your ship could probably outrun them if it weren't damaged. The fifth one is a new model I've never seen before. I can't tell you what it can or can't do."

The question now is what direction to fly in.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

A spark flies from a console on Eldriths upper left. He shields his eyes and swipes the sweat from his forehead trying to keep it together. Come on Eldrith you can do it you can do it.

He's hear Hazabar ringing in his

Hazabar , Hazabar , anyone really I'm tasked to the brim here. I need a freakin' extra hand like no ones business! I need a way out, anyway doesn't matter as long as we're in one piece. Eldrith sees the radar return that the fighters are assending and tries to weigh the only two options really available to him.

"You wouldn't happen to have a hyperspace route on you would you? Cause that would be real real clutch right now"

Short of Hazabar having a hyperspace route ready on hand Eldrith thinks to himself trying to come up with the best route to take in order to avoid the fighters. If he couldn't out run the fighters maybe he could out manuver them.
    Last edited by cybric; 2018-03-17 at 08:06 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #414

The convoy, now benuded of two of its cars, but with two cars remaining and the following miniature sail barge, continue east.

Linko Sorisa is eighty kilometers west, behind the convoy. The "mining camp", which obviously includes some kind of airbase, is another hundred and twenty kilometers east. There are spotted hills and low, rugged mountains scattered around the barren, rocky plain. The tan surface of cracked mud that was once an ancient seafloor stretches in all directions, potmarked by rocky hills and low, treeless mountains. Westward, near Linko Sorisa, are patches of green where farmers have begun eeking out a living on irrigated land. Eldrith knows that there is ocean about four hundred kilometers southward, and the climate there a bit less arid, but truthfully nowhere on Sidarin is well-vegetated... except, perhaps, for that strange farm Trill was looking for. He could certainly make for one of the low mountains. How well he could hide there would depend on the skill of the pilots. To make matters worse, Eldrith wasn't exactly a good or even a trained pilot, himself.

As he begs Hazabar for a hyperspace route, he receives his answer immediately. "Just realized I've already started plotting one without... thinking," he hears Trill say, but her voice trails off as if she has suddenly had a startling, even alarming, revelation.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Oh thank the Lo...Trill what's going on Trill? Is the hyperspace route finished?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodao moves into the ship further. It is obvious who ever is flying it seems to do a bad job keeping it together "Surely, one can stand not to destroy there own ship on there own, without interference." She moves through, tapping away at a nearby computer, and reattaching sparking wires.

: 3eP+1eA 2 successes, 4 advantage

(Gonna repair some strain!)

27. - Top - End - #417

Show
    rolled 2 failure, 3 threat on the electronics roll

Nodoa gets to work on the sizzling wires, but isn't able to make any progress. Then, she realizes that this was a noncritical system, something to do with an additional weapon system that had been jury-rigged into the ship's computer, but the weapons it would have been attached to are not installed.

"No, not ready yet," Trill answers Eldrith suddenly after a brief pause. "You'd have to get out of the atmosphere, first, in any event," she adds.

The two fighters heading his direction - especially the exotic one - are getting closer. In the back, Tenga's eyes widen with obvious fear, as if she knows or suspects what might be following them. She somehow gives off waves of unease through the cabin. She glances at Zo momentarily, then narrows her eyes at Carcon, then looks toward Yijz. "You're sober for a change. Go up and fly us out of here!" she says.

Then, suddenly, a light flickers on with the ship's computer. One of the TIEs is hailing them.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz nods an affirmative and scrambles to the pilot's seat. He leaves the coms to Ed. The adrenaline rush from the ramshackle rescue attempt is wearing off and the gravity of the situation starts to dawn on Yijz just as he starts to sober up. He grimaces.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah no kidding Trill, I just thought I'd make a hyperspace jump in atmosphere cause I've never gone anywhere. Your voice got weird, what happened?!

Looking over his shoulder Eldrith sees his buds, their target, and new people? Wait wait who the hell are they? You know what never m...

Eldrith sees the hail coming from the TIE.

Looking back.

Yijz I need you to punch it k bud

Addressing the others in the cabin "alright listen up I don't know you and you don't know me but we're in it together now. I need someone on the rear guns, someone on damage control, and anyone else that's free doing things that help the ship and us"

Eldrith turns back to the console and opens the hail without saying anything letting the air hang "......"

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #420
    Orc in the Playground

Nowz?!

He whispers to the doc.