New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Cort stands up and walks to the discussing group. "O'right, O'right ladies and gents, lets get realistic about it. This frog-lady is clearly interested in someone here to show her what she is looking for. So one of ya pilferers took something she wants. I am certain an important individually like her couldn't care less about us personally." He takes a deep breath

"So that leaves us with 2 choices: We go to the nearest canteena, have a few drinks and wait for her to show up and decide who she is going to pick up and drag away for her own twisted means." he mentions dryly "OR we work together, get the artifact, sell it to some Imperial lackey and have him take the burn for the possession of imperial artifacts and we walk away a little richer. Ai?"

Although Cort cared little for money for the sake of money, he tried to speak in a manner that would entice spineless salvagers.

Spoiler: Negotiation Roll
    Show
    Negotiate to have Carcon comply: 1eA+2eP 3 successes, 3 advantage

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa tilts her head at the mandolorians words. She did have the current objective of the inquisitor on hand after all. As they discussed, she decided to start opening the file finally, to see if the mandolorians theory was correct

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflick View Post
    Nodoa looks to Regard Eldrith, her red eyes reaming cold

"I had been operating on an apparent Pirate captain they had been after. His fate is unkown. But, I left him with Unfinished Cybernetics. His fate is mostly likely not one I would like to share. As for Ideals, I did not care much if the Empire rules or not. But, seeing as I am now a Fugitive, I suppose I have little choice in the matters of company I can remain with.
    Wait you were working on the pirate captain? Did he say anything you think that we should now??? Do you have any of his files? Do you think that maybe you have any information that we should know given the circumstances of our narrowly escaped doom? Eldriths words hang at the end of each sentence in a sarcastic upward inflection.

Eldrith hears Corts offer to Carcon. With the stat of the ship that he had rightfully stolen he was starting to doubt if it would last long enough for him to sell it so he could pay off Granz. Getting more money from another source seemed like a wise idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Idares View Post
    Cort stands up and walks to the discussing group. "O'right, O'right ladies and gents, lets get realistic about it. This frog-lady is clearly interested in someone here to show her what she is looking for. So one of ya pilferers took something she wants. I am certain an important individually like her couldn't care less about us personally." He takes a deep breath

"So that leaves us with 2 choices: We go to the nearest canteena, have a few drinks and wait for her to show up and decide who she is going to pick up and drag away for her own twisted means." he mentions dryly "OR we work together, get the artifact, sell it to some Imperial lackey and have him take the burn for the possession of imperial artifacts and we walk away a little richer. Ai?"

Although Cort cared little for money for the sake of money, he tried to speak in a manner that would entice spineless salvagers.

Spoiler: Negotiation Roll
    Show
    Negotiate to have Carcon comply: 1eA+2eP 3 successes, 3 advantage
    Option 3. eldrith points a thumb back towards Zo You ever had a Anx whisper in your ear Carcon? As a doctor I've seen ear injuries before but nothing is quite as sad as a person with a busted out eardrum. Deaf as the day is long but actually now that I think about you've got a doctor right here with you. Pointing over to Nodoa Oh and now I've got a excellent cybernetist that can help me slap a brass horn on the side of your head where your ears used to be but where oh where will I find the brass for my cybernetists to make said appendages Points over to Cort Oh wait I've got a got a military logistian with me now so that's not much of a problem either Eldrith's angry sarcastic tirade continues for a couple moments more before staring Carcon square in the eye So now which do you want?

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

if it's not clear Eldrith is trying to intimidate Carcon. Hopefully that can add to Corts roll or if you want to make me roll a separate intimidate check I can.

Your call
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tenga leans against a bulkhead and waits for Carcon's response. She takes a deep breath as she watches, expecting Carcon to squirm, but says nothing. Carcon doesn't seem too impressed, however, which visibly annoys Tenga. It's as if he's been in situations not unlike this before. "You should know full well that I'm not the only man on this planet that's done a little, ah, appropriation of formerly Imperial property. Heck, this ship looks like an Imp shuttle! Maybe you're the pirates the Imps are after! I also happened to notice that there were two other prison transports that you didn't rescue out of. Maybe the people you're looking for in one of those other trucks? Truth is, I don't know what you mean by 'artifacts', or perhaps what the Imps mean by artifacts. You want to find out what the Imps mean by artifacts, I'd be happy to help you. Miss Cybernetic Engineer does have a point about us working together. Mayhap whatever you stole off of the weird Imp detective's computer has more info we can use to puzzle it out?"

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith puts his hands on his hips and taps his foot a couple times while he thinks with his eyes close...Well slag

With that Eldrith will turn around and head towards Nodoa. On his way he goes by Chip If that one does anything shadey give him a good wack got it? then looks over his shoulder and eyes Carcon

After that Eldrith meets up with Nodea. Ok, you've got some of those inquisitors files right? Lets take a look
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

would I roll a cool check to see if what he's saying is deceptive?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

6. - Top - End - #456

Eldrith looks into the computer to try and locate the other files. The ship's computer's working directory is currently set to the communications logs. In addition to today's log, which presumably would include a recording of the discussions while he was flying the ship, he is able to see the following:

1_4directive.comm
    Beruli_Akb.comm.gcx.enx
    Beruli_Cham.comm.gcx.enx
    Corellia_coronet.map.enx
    Geshan_contract.comm.enx
    Kashyyk.map.enx
    Lodon_Haz.comm.enx
    Lodon_Trill.comm.enx
    Mops_log.comm.gcx.enx
    Mops_station.map.gcx.enx
    Ryloth.map.enx
    Scarl.prfl.enx
    Sidarin.map.enx
    Sidarin_object.map
    Skeeso.prfl.enx
    Stygian.map.enx
    Trill.prfl.enx
    Trill_contract.comm.enx
    Trill_Pisarch.comm.enx
    Tyth_?.map.gcx.enx

Eldrith recognizes some of the file extensions, notably the .map (map file), .comm (communications log). He thinks he's seen the .enx before as well as an encryption system.

Yijz flies low to the ground, as low as he is willing to go, while Nodoa directs him as best as possible. It is hard to tell if the Imperials are still following them - just as line of sight blocks radio transmission, it also blocks radio reception. Nodoa also smartly shuts off the ship's radar and transponders, forcing Yijz to fly entirely by vision, but this means that any pursuers can't lock onto the radar or transponder signals.

The sun is beginning to set as Yijz flies the ship out of the mountains for a dash across a low, rocky plain. Nodoa directs him to fly through a patch of dunes as they continue west, but then another dash up the alluvial fans perilously low to the surface before reaching another mountain range and the safety of more canyons. The ship's passive sensors register no more radar pings, which would suggest the Imps are no longer tracking them... or are tracking them using something other than radar.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith runs a scan on the files that he can access trying to access if opening the files will trigger any viral attack or make the ship send out any kind of signal. Once he's confident that won't happen he'll open the files that aren't encrypted.

Hmmm....

Once he's looked over those files he'll start to work on the encrypted ones. He thinks for a second about the .enx file format and looks through some reference files on his datapad trying to suss out how he would break that encryption. He'll run a scan with his slicer gear as well to see if he believes he could run a encryption break protocol on it.

Spoiler: computer roll
    Show

computer: 3eA 1 success, 3 advantage

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

Ahz yezzzz-zo ni-zzzzz! A-a-b-b-eauzt-t-tyz-fullz ridez-in to t-thez zzzzunzet-t-t! A-roundyz forz-uz-allz me-thinkz ziz-zin-orderz!

He pulls out a whiskey bottle and starts gesturing with it.

Con-gradulatoreez-zon allz wez just-t-t a-beenz thoroughz! Yahz? Youz? Drinkzup-p-p!

He laughs between gulps of the whiskey bottle and then offers it to everyone. He pulls a second bottle out of his bag and takes the seal off with his mouth; offering it up in the air as if to toast.

Wez mightyz-bez-zall deadyz t-t-tomarrowz! Hahzzzahahahzzzzhizzz! Zoo 'ey down-ze hatchz! And dontz be lookingz backz!

He empties most of the bottle.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-04-05 at 03:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #459

As Eldrith is sorting the files out for which ones to open and look at, the ship begins swerving back and forth across the desert, slamming the back end against the top of a dune and spraying sand everywhere, even up onto the windshield.

With everybody off-balance and Eldrith struggling to hold onto his chair, Tenga strides forward, rips the now-empty bottle of whisky from the drunkard Yijz' hands, and hits autopilot to level the ship out even at low altitude. Tenga looks at Eldrith, and says "You've got steady hands. You fly this thing!"

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith grabs the bottom of his chair trying to make sure he didn't fly out before shooting dagger like stares at Yijz.

After a second passes and Tenga levels the ship eldriths expression softens and his looked seems to say "oh Yijz you were doing so well. Come man"

As he walks Nodea eldrith jerks his head toward the console. See what you can do with those files k?

Eldrith Oates Yijz on the shoulder and slides into the pilot seat.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa looks to Eldrith and his cursory look over the files. She moves to the computer and begins to work on them

"Between Brass horns and computers, it seems you are trying to keep me rather busy" She says, while usually, this might come out as a joke, Nodoa cold, calculated manners make it seem a bit to literal.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

Whaaaaat-t-t nozzella-brah-tory-zzzz? Pah-h-h! Tiz-za 'ight-thingyz t-t-toodoooz takingza currentzituationz atz 'andzz... Youz keepz livingz 'ifez zoooo zzzzeriouzlyz, youz allz gonnaz haz earlyz heartzyattack-k-k, youz allz nervez gonnaz bezall shotz! Nowz mizery bez allzy-wherez, t-t-takeza thiz momentz breathez-deepz and savoryz it-t-t-t! Gotza relaxz whenz youz canz no-z? Liz'n tooza wizdomz of-thiz oldz bugz... Da Gandz calledz Yijz speakza fromza life-iz-zperience! Enjoyz za rideyz thatziz theyz callz life-f-f! Deathz comez quickzzzand-d-d-d-unexpectinglyz, it-t-t grabz youz whenz you 'eadyz-zor notz! Zo takyz za drinkz andz relaxzez! Youz notz deadz nowz-zo relaxzez!

He looks square at Ed then at Zo and grimaces. He rubs what Edritch would presume as temple and slowly shakes his head at them.

Zo... Yourz sadz-n-madz brainz fanz-in-totalz freakzout-t-t withza zcreamingz atz mez withz allz yourz anxietyz freakinglyz-zout-rightz nowz withz-za many-pzychoz andza delicz moodz-color-paniczez! Zettle-downz! Jeezzzz.... Man-youz...

He reluctantly slides outta the pilot's chair. He pushes the bottle at the new commers.

...Man-youz givingz mezallz-za headzy-hurt-t-t-t... Dontz bez likes Zo alwayz withz-za worryzingz... Youz tooz Eddyz, manz youz a grownz-azz manz-humanz... Tzk tzk, zuch-ah-worriez-wortz...
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-04-06 at 09:52 AM.

13. - Top - End - #463

The ship continues through the twilight. Flying over the relatively level ground over the desert floor means that Eldrith can fly the ship fine even with his limited piloting skills, but he knows that it will be harder for the mountains up ahead. He can try to fly around the mountains, but overheard Nodoa telling Yijz that close to mountains is better for stealth.

Nodoa looks at the files - there are two that she downloaded, 1_4directive.comm and Sidarin_object.map, of which she had been looking at the latter. The rest look like they were on the ship's communications computer before she arrived, all encrypted with the .enx system, and some with the .gcx as well. Both .enx and .gcx are book codes - to decrypt the file, she needs the decryption key, and if the encrypters are smart, then that will be difficult to figure out. But then, the file might be on the computer somewhere else.

Yijz meanwhile feels a little sick to his stomach from all of the alcohol percolating into him. He also feels a bit dizzy.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Nodoa will need to roll a check to determine if she is familiar with Imperial protocol and computer security to guess where the key might be stored for the .enx and .gcx encryptions. I'll let you pick the skill, but make it a relevant one (I'll assign a higher difficulty for a less appropriate skill).

1_4directive.comm and Sidarin_object.map are already open. Nodoa was looking at Sidarin_object.map. Let me know if she wants to look at it more or at 1_4directive.comm, or if she wants to check out the other files

14. - Top - End - #464

Show
    Going to make a decision on what you're doing as you seem to be waiting or dithering

Satisfied by looking at the map of Sidarin and not sure what do with Imperial records of what they are after, she opens up 1_4directive.comm. It is a communique, which reads:

Directive: Grand Inquisitor to Fourth Sister

Our Master has confirmed that you did indeed sense a tremor in the Force emanating from Sidarin. Because you felt it first, it is likely that you will be most effective at isolating the cause. You are to travel to Sidarin forthwith and link up with the Imperial covert operation there, and begin searching for this cause. Report back to Inquisition Headquarters when you have meaningful leads.

Nodoa also knows that the .enx and .gcx are both encryptions. Imperial computers regularly encrypt files using .enx as part of their standard default operation. Normally, a computer security officer would then remove the book files from the computer onto a separate medium so that someone with access to the computer couldn't use them to decrypt the files. This ship, as a formerly Imperial ship, probably has the same computer behavior - but no security officer. The decryption files for the .enx are probably on this computer somewhere.

The .gcx files are different. They were encrypted by somebody else, not Imperial, and who knows where the decryption key for them might be. If the decryptor were smart and knew about computer security, then this encryption would be unbreakable, but that's only if the security were prepared religiously. Otherwise, it might still be possible to break them without the decryption, just harder, and would take some time.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-04-07 at 11:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa, after scanning over the files, decides she might as well begin the work to decode the .enx files. Considering that they seem to hold the most information, and have the .gcx files locked behind them. She plays the first inquisitor's message for the group to hear while she works

As she types away at the console, she regards the current gank pilot without looking him

"There is still an elite Imperial commando after us, as well, she may be what one would call 'force sensitive'. Relaxing is not the appropriate response to such a threat." She then turns her head suddenly, her eyes narrowing "As well, Drinking whilst flying is a common cause of death.". She slowly turns her attention back to her console, wondering just how she of all people could have become stuck in such a predicament

16. - Top - End - #466

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo had been preoccupied at reading over Nodoa's shoulder while trying to look like he wasn't, and flushes at Yijz's words, tugging his hood back over his crest from where it had slipped back.

He crosses his arms and sighs.

"She's not after artifacts." He looks around those gathered, eyes lingering on Tenga. "She's here hunting people. Those able to touch the power of the Force, consciously or unconsciously."

He picks up his shield, playing with a stray strand of the fabric wrapping it in a subconscious habitual fashion.

"If she has the power to pick something like that up as far away as off-planet, she might not have too much trouble tracking us down to the safehouse, if the Force is with her. We should be ready to defend ourselves, or blast out of there at a moments notice."

He looks up again.

"One thing's for sure. For better or worse, we're stuck with each other now. Guilty by association, jailbreaking, firing on Imperial craft, hacking them...the list goes on."

17. - Top - End - #467

Carcon looks back and forth at Zo and the others as Zo talks about the Force. "What in the blazes is..." he says with disbelief at Zo's statements and of others apparently disbelieving him. "How is the Empire of all people sending some kook who believes in Jedi hocus-pocus? You sure these people really are Imperials?"

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith looks over to Zo as he speaks about force powers and other such nonsense. What catches his eye is that Zo's hood as come up blocking his crest, a tactic to hide the bright colors of his emotional reactions.

His eyes narrow on Zo as his mind goes back to the conversation he and Zo had yesterday which Zo had laughed aside when Eldrith pried more.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

19. - Top - End - #469

As the ship flies along the valley floor in the deepening twilight, weaving back and forth over the dunes and toward the alluvial fans of the next mountain range, Eldrith tries to get an idea of who or what may be following them. First, he checks the passive sensors. The ship now has line of sight to Linko Sorisa again, at least for brief moments between being blocked by dunes, but nothing that sounds like a radar ping. More importantly, there are no radars coming from areal contacts behind them.

Cautiously, he let's the ship send out a single radar ping, sweeping its frequency as it emits from the ship in order to mask the ship's doppler velocity. There are no contacts. Before Eldrith can let out another ping, the ship leaves the dune field and into a gulley leading up to the mountains. From the map, the people flying the ship know that there is ocean on the far side of this next mountain range, and that there will be no cover once over the water. Still, flying low should make the ship difficult to spot by radar, or at least more difficult than if the ship were flying at altitude.

Nodoa, meanwhile, finds the computer records of all of the previous enx encryptions. It's a long list; the encryption codes haven't been cleared in nearly three years, and there is one new file for every 48 Galactic standard hours. Still, she should be able to get into the other files on the computer, now. But what will Nodoa look at first?

Show
    The list of files is:

1_4directive.comm
    Beruli_Akb.comm.gcx.enx
    Beruli_Cham.comm.gcx.enx
    Corellia_coronet.map.enx
    Geshan_contract.comm.enx
    Kashyyk.map.enx
    Lodon_Haz.comm.enx
    Lodon_Trill.comm.enx
    Mops_log.comm.gcx.enx
    Mops_station.map.gcx.enx
    Ryloth.map.enx
    Scarl.prfl.enx
    Sidarin.map.enx
    Sidarin_object.map
    Skeeso.prfl.enx
    Stygian.map.enx
    Trill.prfl.enx
    Trill_contract.comm.enx
    Trill_Pisarch.comm.enx
    Tyth_?.map.gcx.enx
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-04-13 at 10:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa is a women of few emotions, but one thing that might put a smile to her face is a job well done. She smirks, a bit of pride in what she has accomplished being easy to see. Soon though, she returns to her more active state, typing away at her console. She first seeks to try and find out what the inquisitor was communicating to her superiors. She goes to open the Trill, Mopos, and Lodon comm logs

21. - Top - End - #471

Spoiler: ooc for Nodoa
    Show
    Does Nodoa know who Lodon and Trill are yet?

Nodoa begins with the now-decrypted Lodon_Trill.comm, Trill_contract.comm, and Trill_Pisarch.comm.

Spoiler: Lodon_Trill.comm
    Show

Lodon_Trill.comm is a record of a communication between two people, evidently somebody named Lodon and somebody else named Trill. Nodoa does not have the cultural knowledge of the galaxy to recognize what planets or societies the names came from, so has little idea of the backgrounds of who these people might be. Nonetheless, it appears that Lodon is negotiating with Trill over transport of some goods. Apparently, this Lodon had a cargo ship, but didn't have anybody to fly it. Trill meanwhile knew how to fly a ship, but didn't have a ship to fly. Both Lodon and Trill had cargo that they each wanted to transport. Trill's cargo apparently consisted of agricultural produce, while Lodon's was computer equipment, which included datapads, which themselves had some amount of data on them that was part of Lodon's shipment. Additionally, Trill's cargo seemed to amount to only about five 0.75-meter storage crates. It's not obvious from the context of the discussion exactly how much space Lodon's cargo took up, but it was enough that Lodon was initially concerned that there might not be room for both Trill's cargo and his own cargo. The destination for Trill's cargo was a farm somewhere on Sidarin, or so she claimed, in any case; Sidarin's mineral-poor soil makes the planet pretty barren, Nodoa realizes. At the end of the discussion, Lodon agrees to hire Trill for a fairly nominal fee in exchange for Trill shipping her own cargo. It's not clear if Lodon's cargo is also destined for Sidarin, although that is one stop on his trip. The entire file is noted as a few weeks old.

Spoiler: Trill_contract.comm
    Show

Trill_contract.comm is a formal contract on which Trill has signed up to work, presumably with Lodon, to fly Lodon's ship. The payments are listed, along with the initial space requirement of Trill's own cargo. There are also a series of tests that Trill apparently had to pass in order to demonstrate her capacity to fly the ship. There is also a mention of somebody named Scarl and somebody else named Skeeso, who also appear to be crewmembers on Lodon's ship. All of the contract looks to be pretty hastily done: it's unlikely that any of it would stand up in an Imperial law court, and in fact the whole thing is probably illegal, although not nearly as illegal as transporting the goods - especially the computer equipment - that the previous communique suggests Lodon to be transporting. One fact that does drop out of this contract that wasn't evident from the earlier communication, however, is that Trill is Corellian.

Spoiler: Trill_Pisarch.comm
    Show

Trill_Pisarch.comm is a communication between Trill and somebody else, apparently somebody named Pisarch. Trill and Pisarch are discussing the prospects of growing warm-weather moisture-loving fruit trees on Sidarin. Trill seems cagey about what the fruit are and why she is transporting, although she does mention that they're something referred to as a papaya - whether these are the same things as the papayas that are same as the exotic fruit sold in the large produce markets in the Core Worlds is hard to say, but apparently Trill believes they are similar enough that they can be treated the same way. Pisarch seems uncertain about whether they will grow on Sidarin at all, but he does seemingly have knowledge of another individual, also a farmer, who is miraculously able to grow basically anything, and who lives on Sidarin, but far from civilization. The context of the conversation implies that Trill and Pisarch have discussed this third-party farmer before, and they agree to link up and search for this enigmatic farm after Trill arrives on Sidarin.

By the time Nodoa has finished reading, night has fallen and the ship has cleared the mountains. Another range of dunes separates the mountains from the coast, and Eldrith (or rather, the autopilot with Eldrith's direction) sweeps over the dunes and then out over the sea. Two of Sidarin's three small moons are in the sky and cast a yellowish radiance over the waves as the shuttle crosses the beach.

Spoiler: OOC for everybody
    Show
    Do you do anything different yet? Being over the open ocean, like I said, means no easy places to hide from radar reception, but it also means anybody following you is going to be easier to spot, too.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-04-13 at 06:25 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa, gives the file an odd look. Is it not every day Imperials kept logs detailing..fruit delivery?

"It...Seems this inquisitor may be a member of the Department of Agriculture? For some reason, she had Logs of this deal detailing the transport of..papayas? Does anyone know what this, Lodon and Trill are? For they seem to be on The Inquisitors Radar

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith hears Nodea and runs his temples with his thumb and index finger. "I swear if I get killed over a freaking fruit ...Yeah Trill is, well eco terrorist might be most appropriate word for what she is.

She and Lodon have been smuggling this fruit from Kashyyk that the empire have driven extinct or mostly extinct if I'm honest it was all kinda hippie dippy and I had just out ran two empirial pursuits so I was about 3/4 listening.

She has a map to a farmer that she believes can help her regrow this fruit from off world. She's got a map but it's all kinda weird and way more cloak and dagger to be just about fruit. To be honest I'm shocked this is coming up and it was just a bold faced lie. But, again this doesn't make sense. Since when does the empire care so much about fruit? Why send some kind of space wizard commando to hunt it down? This whole thing is just weirder and weirder all the time.

All I want to do is pay off what I owe Granz and be done with...wait what day is today? Oh no no no. Its collection day no. But the empires out and about right? He can't be out collecting when the imps are swarming the place. Gahhh "

Eldrith just puts his head in his hands in a fit of frustration. It's very apparent hes had a rough couple days
    Last edited by cybric; 2018-04-14 at 10:55 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #474

SamuraiGuy

Cort listens intently to the discussion, he is still trying to catch up to what is going on. He perks up at the mention of fruit, it made little sense to him, sharing the sentiments of Eldrith.

25. - Top - End - #475

Eldrith isn't able to remember if Trill had a reason for being secretive about her fruit quest, or if there was something more to what she was doing than trying to save an endangered species. "Ecoterrorist" isn't exactly the right word to describe her, though, since she isn't doing any, well, terrorism, at least none that Eldrith is aware of.

What Eldrith does remember is that he felt satisfied at the time that Trill was telling the truth, or at least thought she was. Perhaps she's just a really good liar. Or, perhaps, there are some important details that Eldrith just isn't remembering, and that would make her story a bit more plausible. It's also possible that Trill was mistaken about some of the things that she was saying. Zo did look at her map and remark that it was important, but couldn't explain why.

26. - Top - End - #476

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Trill is back where we came from. She helped hack the Imperial systems when we were trying to get you out."

Once Zo has finished explaining to the new guys, he looks back into the cockpit.

"Are we able to get back in touch with them and let them know we're ok, at least for now, or should we wait till we land?"

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz half sulked half revelled in the peace after the storm, slumped in a corner of the ship.

After a while he layed his pack down took a last drag of the whiskey, re-duracorked it, and put it away. He laid down and adjusted his gandish poncho to better cover his body, and quickly fell asleep.

He dreamed of riding flying giant fruit fighting winged frog people who pooped lazerbolts shaped like farmers at him. He desperately tried to keep from spilling a Vorzyd Martini, dry with a splash of olives...while the lazer-farmers yelled at him as they wizzed by.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-04-17 at 07:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #478

Show
    Let me know if you do decide you want to try and raise home base!

While Yijz dreams his outlandish and humorous dream, one that would have woken up anyone not befuddled with alcohol with its sure disbelievability, Nodoa continues to read the files.

Spoiler: Sidarin.map.enx
    Show
    The decrypted map of Sidarin does not look to be of Imperial make - at least, it does not have the Imperial insignia on the corner. All of Sidarin's major settlements are marked, but only three of them have any notes on them. One of these is Linko Sorisa, has a mark of "Meet Haz" and "meet Pisarch". Elsewhere, over a thousand kilometers to the south, there is another settlement marked as "Pisarch's other farm". There is also a mark of "Pick up med cargo from Tholme" on a third location.

Spoiler: Sidarin_object.map
    Show
    This file is the very first that Nodoa looked at, one of the two files that Nodoa lifted off of the Imquisitor's computer. It is a map of Sidarin with many if not all of the Imperial objectives marked, most with the label "investigate", and some of them with sub-labels indicating the status of the ongoing investigation. This map contains a huge amount of information: there are Imperial operations all over the planet, but notably Linko Sorisa seems to have gotten more attention than any of the others. Even Nodoa's prodigious intellect is going to have difficulty assimilating it all, although she might be able to store it on her cybernetic implant so that she can go back to it later. A few of the locations mention wanted fugitives who have been identified and arrested, or mentions of pirate artifacts. There is no mention of either a Lodon, a Trill, or anything about fruit anywhere. Nodoa does notice that there is a city or a settlement or something that the ship is heading toward, and which is labeled "investigate", but which also has another label of "nothing of interest found" beneath it.

29. - Top - End - #479

Show
    Moving this along

An hour passes as the ship flies over the open ocean. Passive sensors detect a few small satellites but no radar contacts. The satellites are far enough away that mere passive scanners can't get much on them. Fortunately, or at least one may hope, nobody assaults them. If they are being tracked, then it is being done covertly.

Under the light of the stars and small moons, Eldrith at last sees land up ahead, with a few small mountains. Lights appear in the distance of some kind of settlement - the Sidarin.map file that Nodoa has decoded identifies it as Linko Biris, but gives little information about it. From its size, it probably contains a couple thousand people at most. The coordinates that Hazabar sent are not in Linko Biris, however, but on a penninsula jutting out into the ocean not far from one of the ranges of hills, about two kilometers from the rocky shore and about forty kilometers from Linko Biris. As the ship draws closer, low-light enhancement imagery makes out a delapidated set of buildings, one a medium-sized warehouse large enough to use as a hangar for the ship but not much else, plus several smaller structures, with a few ground vehicles, looking like cargo trucks, parked to the side of one of the buildings. There is also an unpaved road leading away from the buildings, around the side of the hills, and away, most likely toward Linko Biris. It is difficult to see anything else in the darkness, but there are no signs of movement, at least not near the buildings.

A quick scan of the radio indicates that there is a communications tower in Linko Biris, but it is out of sight from the compound due to the range of hills. Making radio communications that do not involve satellites will require flying up over the hills or to the side of them. There can be no doubt that this is the location that Hazabar mentioned, however. The Sidarin_object.map file does imply that the Imperials were looking at this location, but that they have been here already and apparently found nothing of interest. There is no visible sign of their past presence, however, at least not yet.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Orc in the Playground

As the conversation filtered into the dreaming bug, Yijz would figit and turn, ocassionally a hand would jut out the thumb upright the first finger extended, the rest balled up. Little pew-pewz... Pewww.... Pewzzz intermingled with intermittent snores. His other hand waving around the phantom martini.

A shift in the ship allows a whiskey bottle to roll loose out of his knapsack towards the group knocking into someone's foot.