New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Tenga casts a glance at Zo as he asks his question. Tenga finally asks "Do you remember the map well enough to lead us there?" she asks finally. "If this map is... important... as you say, did this 'Trill' say where the map came from, or how she got it?"

The night - the remaining four hours of it, passes without incident. Everybody is still tired even though it is now morning, just because of the short 22-hour day on Sidarin. In the daylight, the view from the delapidated warehouse with a few cracked windows looks out over a rocky plain for about a kilometer before reaching the beach. Unlike Sidarin's land surface, there is life in the ocean - where all of the nutrients have been washed over the eons. The hills behind the beach and the compound block the view to Linko Biris.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith wakes up from his cot and cracks his neck.

It hadn't been the most restful sleep he'd ever had but that was nothing new.

He goes outside and takes out a lighter and a cig. He and Yijz had spoken sometimes over a pint and a smoke but Eldrith had declined the bugs offer of deathsticks each time.

As he takes a drag he pulls out his scanner which Nodea had returned and does a quick check to make sure everything is still good
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The sleep wasn't near enough, but the paranoia of being caught kept Cort only half asleep, he noticed the doctor having a smoke. He rolled over out of his make shift bed and walked quietly over to him.

"What ye got there mate? Seems pretty spiffy." he expects some small stalk, as he already knew what it is.

"You lot have any idea where we ah or where we goin?"
    Last edited by Idares; 2018-05-11 at 10:13 AM.

4. - Top - End - #514

OrcBarbarianGuy

"We've been kind of living moment to moment since the Empire started rocking the boat."

Zo moves round from the other side of the ship, his movements fluid as he goes through his daily morning ritual of slow and purposeful parries, holds and strikes that when sped up form the basis of his unarmed style.

"I'm heading off to get radio signal before we take off again. Any that want to come with me are welcome to."

-------------------The Night Before------------------

"I think I can remember the map, though I can't recall if she said where she got it. I'll see if I can radio her tomorrow and get some more info."

Zo smiles at Tenga. "In the meantime, assuming you haven't ratted me out to the Empire I wish you a pleasant sleep."

He heads out to the ramp, to keep watch........

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa, seems to have fallen asleep on her chair, various bits and baubles of machinery and salvage are strewn about her desk. Her eyes slowly blink open, and she turns to the group, listening in on the conversations at hand

"Moment to Moment? An Easy way to get lost in the blur." The Chiss shakes her head, leaving her salvage on a desk. She still has the computer with her "If you wish, I can ocupany you to get this radio signal. After all, it seems most equipment on this planet are in the opposite of a stable condition. If not, i'll remain here and find out what I can from this computer"

6. - Top - End - #516

Spoiler: For Zo on the night before
    Show
    Tenga crosses her arms and glances at Zo. "If you remember the map, and it's important, we might go there first. Do you trust this 'Trill'? Might be to our benefit," she suggests.

Spoiler: ooc for everybody
    Show
    Ready for when you move when you are

7. - Top - End - #517

SamuraiGuy

Cort flings the blaster over his shoulder with new vigour, he bends over and ties his boots. "Well I wouldn't mind stretching my legs a bit, but don't want to leave this beauty of a ship unguarded. So I will go with you if some of us stays. Or stay behind myself." he mentions without looking up.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Idares View Post
    The sleep wasn't near enough, but the paranoia of being caught kept Cort only half asleep, he noticed the doctor having a smoke. He rolled over out of his make shift bed and walked quietly over to him.

"What ye got there mate? Seems pretty spiffy." he expects some small stalk, as he already knew what it is.

"You lot have any idea where we ah or where we goin?"
    Eldrith lifts his eyes from the scanner and side glances the Mando while he shifts his cig over to the side cover of his mouth.

"Just having a look around. This baby 's come in handy the past couple days so I thought I'd make sure nothing showed up in the night to surprise us."

Eldrith passes a hand over the compound. "Looks like some kind of machine shop or living space. The whole thing looks and feels weird perfectly honest.

Eldrith spots Zo walking past him away from the ship and falls behind him gesturing for Cort to follow as well.

Zo, headed somewhere? Who's staying with the ship?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa makes up her mind, putting her computer behind she approaches Zo "I've decided, I will go with you. If you find anything in need of repaitr I imagine you will find yourself in quite some troubles. Especially if you expect to send a message to your associate without being heard from the empire. I can attempt to try and mask it if you wish. Just provide me with a suitable cipher for coded messages. Perhaps even a codeword."

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Decides to see what's on this computer will everyone prepares. She connects it to the ship and begins to try and find any secrets within

: 1eP+3eA 5 successes

She looks up from her computer..partly keen on who she is traveling with exactly "Hmm, rescued by those whom I know nothing of" she says, clacking away at the computer "You, Tenga. You seem to know something of these people and where there goals may lie. Would you so kind as to share? It would Eldrith prefer it? Perhaps the Gank? Are you..dare I say rebels? Not that I would care. There all the same to me. I'm just a curious sort I suppose"

11. - Top - End - #521

The computer flickers on and boots up. The operating system is outdated, another leftover from the Clone Wars. The drive has a few applications for viewing engineering schematics, all programs that Nodoa is familiar with, out of style but still functional. Anything that would have been on the computer to be looked at are gone, however.

The Infocom dataspike tells a different story. On it are a number of schematics for various weapons, including turbolaser cannons, missile hardpoints, and engine designs. The schematics are marked with notes that indicate several obvious flaws, notably that the turbolasers work when attached to a turret but overheat when attached to a fixed mount. With her engineering knowhow, Nodoa thinks she can identify why. Although the true purpose of these various schematics isn't obvious, the only reasonable conclusion is that they are parts for some kind of military vehicle, likely a starfighter, and one that could mop the floor with the common TIE were all of these parts integrated into a single ship.

Tenga glances over Nodoa's shoulder as Nodoa looks at the schematics. She folds her arms as Nodoa begins asking questions. "I'm a businesswoman," she answers. On Sidarin, claiming to be a business-person is essentially paramount to admitting to being a crimelord, although that doesn't answer what type of crime. "Zo works for me. He's my security man at one of my dining establishments. Eldrith is my tenant. As for rebels..." she remarks, looking at the computer screen, "I'm not ware of any, or wasn't aware of any. But now I'm starting to wonder about the former owners of this warehouse..."

12. - Top - End - #522

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I was just going to touch base with our smuggler friends. See what fallout there was from our actions and if it's safe to head back or not. Could also arrange a meet with them."

Zo looks around at the entourage he has acquired.

"We could take the ship over there to get contact, but we stand less chance of being detected if we go on foot. I'm going there. Anyone that wants to keep watch over the ship is fine to stay. Just...keep an eye on Tenga and her rival."

Zo heads off down the road towards town, holding his radio out to see when he will get signal.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa narrows her eyes, looking over this new information "You learn many things when cutting into a Rodians spleen and replacing it with a tranciever. I think it was his choice." She says, not much worrying about it " Whoever was here seemed to be trying to use Clone Wars technology in order to make some sort of new craft. The oly people with access to that much of that equipment would most likley be some sort of collector..the The Empire themselves.That..'inquisitor' Her Tie fighter was heavily modified. I could have taken the schematics, but I chose against it. Perhaps.... You wouldnt think this is where they modified it. Of course, I beleive if I had enough people and perhaps the resources I could recreate it. Much easier then the formerly metioned Rodian Spleen transplant." She looks up to Zo "I'll remain witht the Mandolorian on second thought," Her eye's flick up "If the two of them start an altercation, I will attempt to end it" A spark from her implant runs thorough her body, her mucsles tightining ,but soon relenting "After all, there are enough droid parts here to replace a limb or two."

14. - Top - End - #524

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Well, you could have taken fuel from the ship to fuel up one of the speeder bikes and used that to save time, if you really were in a hurry

I am assuming that Eldrith is going with Zo. It sounds like he has questions he wants to ask, too.

Tenga sighs at Zo and keeps her arms folded as he leaves. She then glares at Carcon, who saunters over to look at the files Nodoa is looking at. Tenga glares at him. "You don't try anything."

"Look, why would I try anything? It's not like we aren't forced to work together for now," Carcon says, glancing at the screen. "What kind of mods did this TIE have? It's not like the Imps to custom-modify their ships, though I hear Darth Vader has a custom ship. You sure this wasn't just a new model of TIE? That's gonna be trouble, if it is," he says.

"I didn't get a look at it," Tenga says. "I've got a hunch that this 'inquisitor' isn't just a standard Imp, though. I mean, she's not human, and with a name like 'inquisitor', I'll bet she's a Jedi-hunter or something like that. Weird, and un-Empire-like."

It takes Zo no more than twenty minutes to get a weak signal, and then another five before he gets a strong one. Eldrith has to hustle to keep up with the Anx' long, purposeful stride. Still, he is able to get signal from the town, now visible in the distance on a wide rocky plain with the occasional small dune, and a few hills in the far distance.

Who is going to call whom, and what will they ask?

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa clicks her way through the files, standing up "Hmm. Carcon. Tenga. If you two could follow me. I could use some extra eyes. Mandolorian, your welcome to follow. These parts are salvaged, and we did find that the only true modern piece of equipment was that tie fighter wing. Thats why I believe this inquisitors ship may have been modified here. Out of the firefight and into the sarlac pit I think would be the proper analogy in this case. If my Hypothesis is correct that is. I'd like to check the inventory of these warehouses and compare them to the notes on the spike. Mainly to see what has been already used and what may be used in the future if she comes back here. And of course, if theirs anything left we could use to preform similar upgrades" She looks to Carcon "I would need more time to find the specifics. But, in general this far exceeds your average Tie Fighter. Perhaps the inquisitor is also a test pilot" she says, already heading to the warehouses in order to take stock

: 3eP+1eA 4 successes, 2 Triumph

(Mechanics!)

16. - Top - End - #526

"I'm game," says Carcon.

"Oh no you don't!" sighs Tenga at Carcon. "Much as I don't like being bossed around, but you do have a point," Tenga responds to Nodoa. "Just in case you're right about this 'inquisitor'."

Led by Nodoa, Cort, Tenga, and Carcon make another round of the buildings surrounding the warehouse. It doesn't take long for Nodoa to realize that none of the relics or parts have any relation to what is on the dataspike. In fact, the parts on the spike are clearly a completely new design. Indeed, from what Nodoa remembers of the Inquisitor's TIE, the turbolaser cannons could not have easily fit on the design. One of the features of the Inquisitor's TIE was also having a new wing design, and the wings here are old TIE wings.

The more she looks at it, it's clear to her that these parts are deliberately different from standard Imperial designs. What that signifies she isn't sure, either to give the Empire some previously unavailable versatility, or it is some genuinely new faction. The ship that these things are designed to fit is a never before seen craft.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa is surprised. She had been expecting some sort of secret Imperial project, considering the other unique project they had just found in the inquisitor and her Tie fighter. "Hmm..The Turbolasers. They wouldnt work along with the Tie...and the Wing design was completely different." She moves through various screen on the dataspike and the computer, her eyes scanning the designs ""It's decided then. This ship isnt Imperial. Im...not quite sure whose ship this would be. It uses new technology, not old. Whoever was making this was looking to exceed the empire, but I cant tell if they are working for them, or some sort of independent Faction. Tenga, Carcon. I imagine you two are some what entwined in the factions of this planet? Being.. Businessmen after all. You wouldnt know of anyone capable of making such advanced designs on this planet? Or any faction that may seek to surpass the Imperials?"

18. - Top - End - #528

SamuraiGuy

Cort strolls along with his blaster over his shlouder. With his free hand he picks up another droid head staring into its optical units: "Wha? You telling me some bloke actually build a something here? Looks like an abondoned scrap yard to me, mate." he tosses the head back onto the pile.

"After all, the power is out. If they were still usin' it surely they would leave the juice in the wires?"
    Last edited by Idares; 2018-05-19 at 01:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa thinks on this a moment "...Perhaps. But then why leave a data spike with the plans? THat is..unless someone is following them. Perhaps they didnt finish the design yet and were interrupted by something"

20. - Top - End - #530

SamuraiGuy

The Mando looks over to the set of footprints that were near the bikes. "Yeah, seems something or someone bothered them. Makes little sense to me though."

He looks over to the 2 scum. "Now would be a perfect time to step up and share, mates. Looking at our current situation, we could use all the friends we could find, yeah?"

Charm Corcan and Tenga to spill the beans: 2eA+1eP 1 success, 2 advantage

21. - Top - End - #531

Nodoa realizes that there is a reason why she can't reconstruct the mystery fighter: the design was still in the drafting stage. It looks like it was meant to have a turret, but it's clear that the turret wouldn't work with the heavy turbolasers; some kind of fixed-fuselage vessel would work better. These facts were actually noted on the file, but the designers of the craft never got to the point of designing a remotely functional ship. While Nodoa can reconstruct what they had in mind at the time, it wouldn't be very useful.

As Nodoa considers the designs, Tenga answers. "I'm pretty sure nobody on this planet is going to be making any kind of space fighter. My guess is that this design was smuggled here, but was meant to be taken to someone else, off-world."

"That makes a lot of sense," Carcon adds. "I've smuggled weapon designs before. Just small arms, though, nothing like this..." he says. "Maybe whoever was here left but didn't clean up after themselves?"

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa looks over the designs a last times, before closing the computer and the dataspike "Well, at the moment it's more of an incomplete rough draft. Bits and pieces. Theory and the like." She taps her chin with a finger "Still, do smugglers just leave there files around for anyone to find? Or was this a drop off location we so happened to appear in first? Hopefully Zo can uncover this in town. Perhaps I should return to the ship? Perhaps scan for radio transmissions in the area that may be illuminating? Listen into any Imperial comm channels maybe"

23. - Top - End - #533

Yijz cursory look around the facilities turns up Imperial footprints, maybe a day old, but again looks like only two troopers were here. The dust inside of the buildings is deep enough that if they had moved anything, it would be obvious. They came, looked, weren't impressed, and left.

There are no radio transmissions visible at the ship except for satellites passing overhead. Of these satellites, none offer remotely secure transmissions, so communicating by them would be ill-advised, to the point where people on Sidarin generally don't use them. One of them, belonging to Butzer Corporation, periodically broadcasts news, but right now is broadcasting music.

Meanwhile, Zo and Eldrith do have radio connection. What are they going to ask of their compatriots?

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith catches up to Zo his lungs burning from trying to keep up with the anx.

When he gets to a area where the two can connect to the radio waves Eldrith attaches his comm scrambler thst he received from Haz so it was less likely he'd get ease dropped on.

Haz, trill,...can you read us? Come come

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

25. - Top - End - #535
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz wanders around until tired. Nothing particularly interesting, except 2 sets of storm trooper footprints. He goes back to where the ship is parked, takes a few sips and curls up in a corner behind a pile of boxes.

26. - Top - End - #536

There is at first a round of static, before, a few seconds later, a message. "Eldrith! Glad to hear from you. Did you make it to the warehouse we sent coordinates to?" Hazabar's voice answers at last. "It's gotten quiet here again, but we're not taking any chances. We've moved to one of our other establishments for the time being, and apparently the fuzz checked the warehouses on our side of town last night. My guess is that our friends are laying a trap for us and probably also for you."

27. - Top - End - #537

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Nice to hear that you had a pleasant trip. Did everyone make it, or were some of you too busy with other things?"

Zo tries to be as vague as possible, not realising that his distinctive alien voice would make him easy to identify no matter what he said.

"We're thinking of making a trip ourselves, maybe out to farm country, if any of you would care to join us. There's a few lovely spots in particular that I'm eager to see. And of course Eldrith wants to make sure Gransts is happy, unless he's been paid a visit by our friends?"

28. - Top - End - #538

"Farm country?" Hazabar asks quizzically. There is some chatter behind the coms that Zo can't quite catch, before Hazabar answers back "You found our farm girl's land? Last she told us she didn't know where it is. She's out right now, going to the produce fair with another farmer. Her foot is healing up nicely from her accident, she says, but still needs a bike to get around". Zo then hears Tigozan's voice in the background. "Haven't heard about Gragzt, but we might ought to check. If you know where our farm girl's new place is, we might speed things up a little."

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith leaves the radio on at the top of the hill and starts walking towards the town.

He keys in everyone's comms before he walks away to conference call the team and act as a comms relay

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #540

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo pauses for a moment, searching his memory for the sensation he felt when he looked down at the map and giving himself up to the flow of the Force.

"I think I may have some ideas. We'll transmit co-ordinates, assuming you guys feel this line is secure. You heard anything more of other activity by our friends on this dirtball?"

Zo continues to focus, reaching out to the feeling he had before, his eyes closed, seeking a vision of the location, and things to come.....

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Seek roll: 1eF 2 Light Side

...so that happened.