New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Hazabar listens, then responds "Data seem to say you're calling us through the planetary network. We'd need some kind of book code to make this transmission secure. Are you at the dump we gave you coordinates to?"

Zo tries to relax his mind and think about the location. He doesn't think he can envision coordinates to it. He does think that he could fly the ship there, however... assuming, of course, that there were no complications along the way. Seeking this... farm... or whatever it is... will entail danger, and not just one kind of danger.

Eldrith meanwhile starts walking toward the town over the low rise, but realizes that it will take him many hours to get to the town. It's about 20 km.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-05-26 at 11:44 AM.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa continues to keep stock of the ships systems, as well as managing the various pieces of salvage she's managed to take from each warehouse. At least those that matter. She begins thinking aloud "Hmm, we've escaped the inquisitor for now, but from he canyon we left her in, our routes out were limited. I dont know how long ti will be till she is on our trail, that is if she still cares to chase us. Perhaps that is best? lead her into some sort of trap of our creation and crush her. Non lethally. I'd like to try and dissect her. That..species. I havent been able to exactly see how they function. It might be educational. And if they were altered in any way, as the imperials might do to such elite agents of theirs, it could be informative in what they are doing."

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Cort's eyebrow raised and raised as Nodoa was speaking of cutting open people and checking their organs like some mad Imperial physician would. Fortunately he was saved by the chatter on the com links. He took this opportunity to respond.

"This is officer Cort." I wasn't really in the military anymore, but this happened instinctively as the com feed reminded him otherwise. "We are at a "dump" yes. Do you have such a code book here?"

4. - Top - End - #544

Whatever gestures Hazabar might be making on the other side of the comm channel are lost on the audio-only transmission. "I don't recognize that species. I have no idea what kind of cybernetics they might use," Hazabar comments, half-worried. "If everything I've heard is true," he says, still trying to maintain a facade of being ordinary, "trying to get ahold of her won't be trivial. Hold on."

There is some discussion in the background, and then "Can you check to see if the computer has been tampered with since you brought it in? If not, then we can use Lodon's code."

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa, for her part, will try and check to see if there has been any tampering on the computer. :besides, the Dataspike then"

: 1eP+3eA 2 successes, 3 advantage

6. - Top - End - #546

Looking through the login profiles, Nodoa is able to tell that somebody logged in forcefully two days ago. This person reconfigured the control profiles that enabled him or her to hijack the ship, using a previous account that had been locked to somebody named Lodon. There are also previous records of somebody named Trill accessing the ship's flight data, but this Trill had privileges granted to him or her by Lodon's account.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If Nodoa is going to ask who broke in by giving these details, it shouldn't take long for Eldrith to recognize that it was him.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa shuts the computer down after finding the information she needed. After radioing Eldrith for conformation she replies "Yes, It seems Eldrith had tampered with in in order to steal a ship. Besides that there are no other signs"

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith listens to the convo as he hikes. He realizes how dumb it is that he's moving towards the town on foot and that it would be faster to try and get the bikes up and running.

He turns around and makes his way back towards the dump. On the way he uses his macrobinuclurs to try and see if there is any visible distress or imperial forces in the direction of the town.

"Yeah that's my code you're going to see there for sure. I mean the ship was just too tempting to pass up. That thing is going to get my debt with granzt covered and then some. That is unless our patreon or her rival feel the rescue is worth covering a debt"

The team would notice he's breathing heavy as he hikes.

"I'm on...my way back. I need to exercise more"
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

9. - Top - End - #549

After Nodoa activates the cypher, Hazabar transmits something that would be gibberish without the cypher but now becomes comprehensible. "If you can hear me, then you know that this transmission went through. Before you reply on this channel, you will need to understand that you will want to move soon. The Imps will not be able to decode your transmission, but they will tell the direction that it originated from, and that it was encrypted, which will likely get their attention. I'm safe here because I'm using the Linko Sorisa tower." Hazabar says. "Zo, what are you planning on doing when you reach this farm? You said that it was important but did not know why. You do not have any of Trill's papayas with you, I don't believe. If you know its location, we may be able to help Trill to rendezvous with you there."

"As for Gragst, I'll try to see if he's even still here. I'm concerned that he may be the least of our worries, though," Hazabar adds.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-05-28 at 10:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa listens into the transmission, nodding as Hazbar speaks "In that case I would try to make a decoy, but it seems like wasted time. I suppose leaving soon would be advisable. Perhaps to Linko Sorisa Tower. For now, I believe that the vilage would work best" She stands up now, looking to the group she is with "I believe we should put our ship into one of these warehouses. We can take the fuel from the ship and use it in the speederbikes we had found. Carcon, you seem to be rather well built, could you assist me in the transfering of the fuel? Or Cort If you wish you can as well"

11. - Top - End - #551

SamuraiGuy

When Nodoa looks up to hear a response from Cort, she sees he is a few feet away already frantically looking for something. "I am not gonna hang around here in this trap!" he rushes to the windows and exists "Where is that damn dunkard pilot of yours?" He proceeds to call on the outside of the hanger "Hey! Hey! Gant! Get your drunk ass to the ship!"

He marches back in towards the ship "Lets get going. Catch me once, shame on you, Catch me twice, shame on me..." while still stride he open the personal comlink to the networked communications. "Comrades, do we know where the prisoner convoy has gone to? They still have something mine..."

12. - Top - End - #552

Spoiler: Rattigan, where are you?
    Show
    Dictating Zo for now

Zo strides back toward the ship as Eldrith does, the transmitter still on the bend in the road.

Meanwhile, inside, Tenga leans against the wall of the ship and curtly asks "So where are you going now? Are you planning to go to this town, Linko Biris I think you said it was called? I can't say I know much about it. Must be one of the smaller camps on this dirtball. Or are you going to this 'farm' you keep talking about?"

"I can't see a reason for wanting to go to some farm. Food's expensive, sure, but not as expensive as this flying scrap heap, or the bikes, or the computer, or anything else," Carcon adds. "What do you mean something's important at this farm? Either way, yes, we should be going. Wherever we're going to."

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa checks the fuel on the ship, making sure it is the type that could fuel the bikes "If it means leaving this junkpile, I would not mind. Going into town is better then milling about here I would think"

14. - Top - End - #554

Show
    Turns out I have internet, but will only have access once a day

Hazabar is silent for a few minutes while Nodoa, Tenga, and Carcon converse. Carcon answers first "Well, let's fuel up the bikes and get going. Looks like only two of them have engines, though. Who's driving?"

Finally, Hazabar answers. "I don't know what you're looking for, specifically, or even what your name is, but the Imperial convoy from which you were rescued went to a covert facility disguised as a mining camp two hundred kilometers east of Linko Sorisa. What are you trying to recover? Is there any chance we might be able to get it another way?"

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa shrugs, moving to fuel the bikes "Unfourtunatley, Driving is not my forte. Perhaps you and Cort can act as Chauffeurs for Tenga and I. I imagine she is the sort of woman who has someone to drive for her. I am as well"

16. - Top - End - #556

SamuraiGuy

Cort stops and his eyes moving about as he tries to look through his mind's eye at who he is speaking to. "Offica Cort. And they have my Mandalorian Armour. You wouldn't buy a new motha if yours got lost, righ mate?"

17. - Top - End - #557

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Sorry to hear that Cort. I know about losing stuff that's nigh impossible to replace."

Zo had been pondering his options, but spoke up into the channel once more.

"I don't have coordinates for the farm, but I think I might be able to take us there by looking out for landmarks. It would probably make sense to go there once we've met up with Trill and the rest of you though.

He looks up at the sky, scanning the horizon for any threats.

"It might be better if I stay with the ship. I tend to stand out wherever I go..."

He reaches for the Force to try to get any insight on his next steps, but his disquiet clouds his inner eye.

Show

Sorry. Have had a surprise resurgence of eye infection that made me incredibly light sensitive. Basically had to lie in a dark room without screens for a day or two. Better now but not completely, but enough that I can contribute. really sorry for frustrating people.

Foresight Roll: 1eF 1 Dark Side

18. - Top - End - #558

Spoiler: For Rattigan
    Show
    Geez! Sounds like you (and to a lesser extent cybric) are having no end of problems! I am glad you seem to be recovering, and I hope it doesn't come back yet again!

"I can drive a vehicle perfectly well myself, thank you very much," Tenga says indignantly.

"Now who's the pirate captain?" Carcon jabs.

"You know full well the difference between a trader and a pirate. Or maybe you don't! Tenga sighs, glaring at him.

Meanwhile, Hazabar's deep, rough-sounding voice answers "Hold on, Zo - Tiz says she's getting contact with Trill."

A few more seconds pass, and then the voice of a young female human speaking in a Corellian accent enters the channel. "Zo, is that you? Tiz says you're thinking of heading to farm country. You know where the farm country you want to head for is? Maybe I could meet you there, if it's not too much of a bother."

Hazabar then comments back "Oh, Mandalorian armor. Trill, you're with Pisarch right now, right? That's why you're using careful speak? This channel is secure, so we can be candid with you, but I understand if you might have eavesdroppers. This 'Cort' says that the Imps took his Mando gear. You said to Red that there's an Inquisitor on Mandalore 'reeducating'?"

Trill pauses, as if putting together a sentence. "I think the person teaching those classes has a philosophical bent, yes, but I'm not sure of it," she responds. If that's true I'd think the students' papers would be sent to a colleague for evaluation. Maybe while the colleague is out looking for new course material someone could find out whether the papers got sent?"

"If I can translate, you think this Inquisitor might have the armor and be waiting to inspect it after being 'led' to whatever she came here for?" Hazabar tries to work it out.

"Yeah, prettymuch. Do you anything more about the school's annex office?"

"Don't have the layout for the 'mining camp'. Might get a record of what is being transported where, though. I wish we had more idea of where the other Imp facilities on this planet are, though. I doubt that 'mining camp' is the only one," Hazabar says grimly.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa rolls her eyes, she sits on eh bike, waiting patiently "When your done bickering, we have a village to go to. Better we keep moving. As the 'Imps' as you say may still be hunting." Though...Mandolorian Armor? Well, she's always wanted to see it in person. not that she'll say it out loud, but she keeps a note in her head

20. - Top - End - #560
    Orc in the Playground

Keepz itz dow-n-n! I'mztryzingz to'zleep-p-p... pluzzz youz'onna attrac-t-t-tz thoze bucketz'headz thatz beenz wanderingzingz zaround!

You hear a Harumppf! and a shuffling of materials as Yijz turns over on his side. The noise coming from a debris pile a few meters away.

21. - Top - End - #561

With Carcon driving Nodoa and Tenga driving Eldrith, the four set out onto the road and follow to the village. The radio that Eldrith had set out remains sitting on the road to act as a relay. Perhaps best to pick that up when returning from town.

The town is hardly as dilapidated as the compound where the ship is stowed, but it, too, looks like it has seen better days: evidently it was once built to service a mine and to act as a crossroads, but as the mining dried up the reason for the town's existence has become a bit more tenuous. Still, there are people here, if mainly serving as a refueling stop for travelers along roads that leave in either direction. One small restaurant is open, with a compound in the back attempting hydroponics with what is probably seawater for a base. The general store advertises cheap produce, likely on the back of the hydroponic farm. There also are two refueling stations, mediumish prices - this village is pretty far from anywhere and so expensive to ship fuel to, but the competition lowers the prices somewhat.

The communications tower is set up on the edge of town, a large antenna reaching skyward. A small maintenance shed stands next to it, and a bored-looking Imperial trooper is outside, using a storage crate as a makeshift chair.

22. - Top - End - #562

SamuraiGuy

Cort watches as the bikes leave, his aimless stare is interrupted by the buggy voice of Yijz. "Ah, there ya are, mate!" He walks over to the Gand and takes a seat next to him. He lets the pistolier rest a bit more, murmuring stories in a monologue fashion. "This reminds me of a time on a forgotten moon near Taris. My unit and I..." and so he blabs on whilst guarding the ship and his new hungover friend.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa scans around the small village, observing the various hydroponics farms and produce stands. Only a single imperial as well. Perfect "Well, here we are then. Shall we ask about. Or perhaps attempt to use the tower to broadcast our location to your contacts" she says in hushed tones, as to not alert anyone

24. - Top - End - #564

The trooper glances at the bikes as they come into town, but doesn't seem to pay any mind.

"Well... seems to me we've been using the tower already. No sense making more of a ruckus than we need, right?" Tenga quips.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As the group tries to figure out their next move Eldrith chimes in.

Agreed, I think would we need right now is supplies and information. We still don't know where that inquisitor has gone to.

I think we should either ask around town or we can try and jump the trooper, they'll have access to the imperial comms network and we could try to figure out where the inquisitor is somehow.

The other thing we don't know is the overall imperial presense nearby.
    Last edited by cybric; 2018-06-10 at 01:47 AM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #566

Tenga pulls the bike out of sight behind the main hydroponic greenhouse, and then turns to Eldrith, and motions to Carcon to do the same. "Eldrith who is this inquisitor? And why are they interested in you, or me?"

Carcon back at the tower, visible above the hydroponic greenhouse, but its base, and trooper guard, is not. "Imps don't normally sit around alone. I'll bet there are more around. But I second Tenga's question. Just who are we dealing with?"

27. - Top - End - #567
    Orc in the Playground

After a story and a few more. Yijz finally groans and sits up and stretches. He glares at the chatterbox seated next to him, then softens to a smile. He pulls out of his bag a thermos and takes a long draw then hands it to his new companion.

Youz wantzanyz o-diz caf-f-f?

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa furrows her brow in thought "Most likely, some sort of..expiriment of The Imperials. There have been rumors that they have been expirmeniting on the living. As well, according to the files I had sliced, they are in search for some sort of 'tremor' in teh force. The same force that Jedi were said to manipulate. If I had to hypothisise, the force is not the myth we are led to believe, and this Inquisitor is here to hunt whatever the cause might be. Whether it be another force wielder, or something more"

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith glances at Nodea and then to Tenga.

He tries to keep his worry behind his eyes and not have it show. Tenga and Carcon were both shrewd people. If they thought Eldrith and the others were valuable enough to the imperials for their own hide they would.

I don't know about experimentaions but I mean, Tenga, let's do the math here. Of the 7 people here 5 of them are directly related to you in some way.

I'm not sure what that inquisitor wants and perfectly honest I'm not that keen to find out.

What I do know is that we're better of sticking together than apart right now. With the imps making raids all over who knows whose been taken in. Right now what we dont know could pack a freighter. But I think information is your specialty Tenga correct?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #570

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmossandmoose View Post
    After a story and a few more. Yijz finally groans and sits up and stretches. He glares at the chatterbox seated next to him, then softens to a smile. He pulls out of his bag a thermos and takes a long draw then hands it to his new companion.

Youz wantzanyz o-diz caf-f-f?

Cort looks at thermo with a suspicious glare "Knowing ya mate, I have my doubts at how clean that caf is..." He raises his eyebrows and shrugs his shoulders "ah bugger it, who is gonna care anyway, right?" he takes his holder and drinks a good deep amount of the caf. This seems to silence him a bit as his gaze fades into nostalgia.