New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Tenga groans and sighs. "Well, I have heard rumors about the Inquisitors. Some say they're Jedi hunters." She shakes her head. "But I remember what the one told us, told you: we're going to 'lead' her to what she came here for. Whatever it is she's after, I don't think it's us, at least not primarily. I don't know about any experiments, though. I can bet you the Force is real, though. There's just a little too much evidence lying around for it all to be a hoax."

Carcon is obviously thinking as he leans on the side of the bike. "You know, this could explain why this Inquisitor didn't hunt us down over the night. She needs us to make our next move. Question is why does she think we're going to lead her to anything?"
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-06-07 at 07:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #572

Spoiler: Cool check arbitration
    Show
    Eldrith can't tell of any plans for betrayal on the part of either Carcon or Tenga, although he's not convinced that they wouldn't given reason to.

Spoiler: Streetwise arbitration
    Show
    Eldrith realizes that betraying him to the Imps would be an extremely risky proposition for either Tenga or Carcon: the Imps targeted them, not Eldrith or his friends, and then they were broken loose. Were Tenga or Carcon recaptured, she or he would likely get a reduced sentence for also fingering Eldrith, Zo, and Yijz, but it's unlikely that either of them would go free. As such, the risks of turning Eldrith in right now would greatly outweigh any benefits they might get from doing so.

Spoiler: Outer rim arbitration
    Show
    The map in the abandoned trailer indicates that its owners were looking into Wild Space for some reason, but found it "unsuitable". He knows nothing about the region of Wild Space they surveyed. From what he knows of the planets they marked in the Outer Rim, their goal seems to have been to find a secluded location for some purpose.

Spoiler: Underworld arbitration
    Show
    Eldrith doesn't know much about this small settlement on Sidarin. There are too many such villages for him to keep to keep track of them all. Eldrith also doesn't recognize any resource or anything like that on any of the outer rim worlds. There was conjecture and speculation back at the medical academy about a Jedi-hunting Inquisition, but he knows no concrete details.

Spoiler: Lore arbitration
    Show
    Eldrith does not know anything useful about the ancient Sith Empire or what similarities and differences exist between its Inquisition and the Inquisition he is now running from.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-06-07 at 07:54 PM.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Orc in the Playground

Soz-whoziz-thiz ladyz frogz, zhez a-zpayz wizardz or-zomethingz? Zo wez-goingz to-z diz farmzor whatz? Thenz whatz? Whatzwez thinkinzingz?

He takes out another thermos and takes a long drag of caff. He rolls up a little sleeping pad and ties it under his bag. He stretches and lights a death stick and takes a few long drags..
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-06-08 at 06:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

After doing some quick political calculus of whether or not tenga and carcon would screw them Eldrith decided they'd lose more than gain from double crossing the group.

The force. It was such a weird thing and eldrith couldn't wrap his head around it. He puts his head into his hands, wipes this face which now has a bit more stubble then when they began days ago. His eyes drift over to Zo who had dodge several of his questions the day before.

Gaining his composure eldrith turns to Carcon. If what you're saying is right then we definitely can't go where we think she wants us to no matter what that means. I mean if this jedi hunter is here and the force isn't completely made up then...I mean either way if that inquisitor gets what she wants I can't imagine that bods well for us.

If she's tracing us then perhaps it's best for us to get off planet. That map at the warehouse was from someone trying to find a secluded location. An option is we make a break for orbit and jump to one of those locations. I think trill also had a hyperspace jump programmed before we hide the ship.

The point being that we reset our trail. We jump, lay low for a little bit and then come back once this whole ridiculous thing blows over.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

5. - Top - End - #575

Spoiler: OOC: about Rattigan and Zo
    Show
    Rattigan seems to be AWOL again, so I will be treating Zo as an NPC for now unless someone wants to take him over.

Zo's rumbling voice answers Yijz' question. "She's a sort of an evil 'space wizard', partially," he says. "As for the farm, it's our best lead, and it's... important. That's all I can really say about it. And Yijz, if you are going to smoke those, please don't toxify everyone around you... you might make me want one, and I've given them up" Zo sits and closes his eyes, his crest anxiously throbbing with color under his hood.

Carcon sighs. "Well, if we're going for a trip, I know a few hideaways, too," he suggests.

"Your 'hideaways' would just lead us into your fellow pirates, whereupon you would sell the ship, and then ransom us back to Sidarin," Tenga grumbles.

"Oh come now! Who's to say your hideaways are any safer for me and mine?" Carcon retorts.

"Who's to say is Eldrith here, and you don't exactly have a choice. Besides, if we are worried about such pursuit, maybe we should take him up on his ideas. Have you looked at this 'map'?" Tenga pauses, then looks level with Eldrith. "Eldrith, who is this 'Trill' person? You said this individual was lying about fruit and a farm, and now you're relying on her?... for a hyperspace route? I'm pretty sure there's more to this person than you've said, so spit it out."
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-06-09 at 09:01 PM.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa looks to Eldrith "I would prefer to be lying, rather than being fired upon by elite inquisitors. If you have a plan, Eldrith, now would be a good time to share."

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith leans against the over bike and thinks for a moment. Then proceeds to tell Tenga that Trill is a former member of the crew of the ship they are using, that she is trying to solve a famine, that she brought he almost dead friend into the clinic and then tells her about Eldrith and Trills adventure the space port

That being said this deal with the farm is something that seems important but we dont know where it is or why its important other than what trill has told us.

I saw we try to get Trill, Haz and his sister and then get off planet. If we cant get them well then we bounce out.

Like Nodea said I do not like being the target of this inquisitor and the more room we can but between her and us the better.

Tenga, do you know any places off world that would be safe? Carcon, bud I'm going with Tenga cause perfectly honest I think she's got a point. Nothing personal but if you've got a stellar idea ler us know.
    Last edited by cybric; 2018-06-11 at 10:43 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #578
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

After Zo finishes speaking, he takes a moment to calm himself, the colours of his crest slowly fading.

"Dammit Yijz, now you've made me want one, but I quit ages ago."

The words have no bite to them, being delivered with good natured mock exasperation.

"From the sounds of it, she's got powers similar to the Jedi, but uses them for personal power, to harm and to serve the evils of the Empire in hunting down others with the same abilities, or even the potential for them. All things no true Jedi would do. Hopefully the Force will be clouded for her so she can't find us before we find the farm. I wish I knew what it was about that place that gave me this hunch..."

He smiles wearily.

"So much is unknown. We're taking this one day at a time. ANy plans too far in the future are meaningless, given we don't have all the information we need."

He thumbs on his commlink.

"How's it going there guys. Anything useful turn up?"

9. - Top - End - #579

SamuraiGuy

Cort was about to say something to the gand when Zo begun to speak. He stops mid breath and places the thermostat in his still open mouth. The caf tastes... Okay.

"Jedi you say? Can't say I've seen any of those blithas in my lifetime. Only heard some terrible stories of em and the Mando Wars."

10. - Top - End - #580

"Hmm... Trill is fighting a famine, did she say?" Tenga asks. "And she has this map that Zo describes as 'important'. I think we should find out more about this Trill. There may be more to her than meets the eye."

Zo's voice filters through the comlink, although he could hear what was being said and on the ship it was loud enough for Cort as well. Nodoa needs no comlink, being right next to Tenga. Tenga then glances at Eldrith and Nodoa. "While we're here at this town, there might be some rumors in the bar. If you want to ask around, now's the time."
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-06-13 at 05:46 PM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Good idea we can grab any supplies we might need as well.

Eldrith responds to Zo "Hey can you all do a quick inventory of the ship and see if were missing anything important? We're going to be bugging out of Sidarian soon and I want to be prepped. Also if anyone needs anything in particular now the time to sound off

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa looks over her credit chit "Indeed, a few supplied could suit me well. A proper weapon, a comunicator, perhaps a stim pack or repair patch. As well as the tools needed to create some of said things myself. Perhaps while I shop you can search for rumours. Many seem to find my personality..cold. And Unwelcoming. Odd isnt it."

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

No no I mean... no. I'm sure you're not all that...bad? Please if you want to come I'd be happy to have you. eldriths words say come along but his face is afraid she'll take him up on the offer

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa dosent smile, simply tilting her head "hat is kind of you. If this were calmer times, I would accept the invitatio to a bar. Though, I would prefer a morgue. Perhaps a hospital. Work and talk. And the body of
    a corpse can be riddled with rumours. As can a local underground hospital. But, I require equipment."
    She looks about the town, trying to see if she can spot a shop in a glance

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith closes his eyes for a second marveling at the new additions statement "Right, if I see anything I'll let you know tiger"

He thinks briefly back to his time at the academy and remembers that there's one like her in every class so he's not wildly startled.

As Nodoa walks away eldrith asks her to keep an eye open for fuel and asks if she still has the knife and blaster he gave her

Eldrith turns to Tenga. Why dont we head over to the bar and see if we can find out anything. In particular we're going to need a contact for fuel for the ship. And then some how figure out how to them but let's cross one bridge at a time so yeah

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

16. - Top - End - #586

Tenga shrugs. "Why don't we check out the refuelling station," she says, pointing to the station on the edge of the village on the far side from the communications tower. The Imperial hold on credit doesn't seem to have hit, so it is possible to fill up a few extra jugs of fuel to carry along with the bikes. It still isn't enough for a trip to Wild Space, but it will get at least to the Mid Rim.

The general store is also clearly marked, and open for business, although the attendant at the desk looks a bit bored. The inside of the store has racks of food, most of it packaged for ease to travel. In the back, there is hardware and other material, but no sheet metal or other materials that she would need to repair the ship. Besides, carrying that mass on a bike would be difficult. At least she can get food here, and tools.

17. - Top - End - #587

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by cybric View Post
    Good idea we can grab any supplies we might need as well.

Eldrith responds to Zo "Hey can you all do a quick inventory of the ship and see if were missing anything important? We're going to be bugging out of Sidarian soon and I want to be prepped. Also if anyone needs anything in particular now the time to sound off
    "there doesn't happen to be a neat set of armour on the shelf, right? About my size? Maroon in colour?" He pauses for the dry humour to sink in than chuckles loudly.
    Cort then jumps to duty when the request is made. "Well mates, let's get to it eh? Let's see what she has in er belly."

He marches into the ship and starts taking inventory, re-enacting his days as a quartermaster on the lines of war.

"Ol'right, seems some of us got their grubby hands on all the rations. But no point in getting rations if we're not going anywhere, fuel is just on the low side"

"not too sure how attached you ah to those floating metal Blurrgs, but I could get a propa price for em. Can't say I've seen anyone grab at the extra rifle, might as well trade it for something more wield or something to eat."

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa frowns at the lack of proper material to reapair the ship. She approaches the shopkeep, her crimsion eyes looking down at him with an Icy stare "Sir, do you sell the proper tools and or materials in order to create a vibro blade. or any Vibroblades yourself? If not, what bulk rations do you have?"

19. - Top - End - #589

The ship itself has been more-or-less stripped of any truly valuable cargo by Hazabar and Tigozan, but scrap metal lying around, both on the ship itself and in the warehouse and nearby buildings, leaves plenty of material for Nodoa to work with. In fact, repurposing the TIE wings, Nodoa could probably repair the damage to the ship itself, given enough time.

The fuel tank is about half-full. That's enough for a medium-length interstellar voyage, but not enough to reach the edges of known space. It is, after all, a shuttle, not a freighter, and modified as it was from its original design, it is still the same chassis.

The store owner, a solid-looking human woman, motions to the racks of small virboknives hanging from the wall in the hardware section. "Eh... food in bulk... well, you can a sack of Corellian wheat. Not imported from Corellia, mind you, we grew it here. Should taste the same, though," she says.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-06-14 at 11:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa frowns at the lack of a selection. "I suppose it is enough. How much to feed a crew of
    6 for about a month?"

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    Tenga shrugs. "Why don't we check out the refuelling station," she says, pointing to the station on the edge of the village on the far side from the communications tower. The Imperial hold on credit doesn't seem to have hit, so it is possible to fill up a few extra jugs of fuel to carry along with the bikes. It still isn't enough for a trip to Wild Space, but it will get at least to the Mid Rim.

The general store is also clearly marked, and open for business, although the attendant at the desk looks a bit bored. The inside of the store has racks of food, most of it packaged for ease to travel. In the back, there is hardware and other material, but no sheet metal or other materials that she would need to repair the ship. Besides, carrying that mass on a bike would be difficult. At least she can get food here, and tools.
    Good call. Let's check out what we can get yet?

After the fueling station Eldrith plans to go to the general store then to the bar for rumors
    Last edited by cybric; 2018-06-17 at 12:42 AM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

22. - Top - End - #592

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry for the delay. I was going to do some calculations on how much food you would need, but decided not to bother with that kind of boring bookkeeping. We know more-or-less what the situation is.

Chips helps Cort move stuff in and around the abandoned compound, his and Zo's size and strength a great help.

Nodoa is able to pick up grain and vegetables from the general store in bulk, should be enough to make a few weeks at least.

The bar is mostly empty, having not seen any customers active this morning. A surly-looking female wookie standing in the back wipes down the countertop. The wookie is wearing a slave collar, but Nodoa can tell that it is deactivated - the wookie is only pretending to be a slave, probably so that the bucketheads don't arrest her. She grunts something in Sheriwook, before a grizzled human man, looking rather like the woman in the general store, possibly her father or brother, sums up Eldrith, Nodoa, Carcon, and Tenga. "Can I get anything for ya? Sorry about the mess. Business is usually slow this early in the mornin'," he says.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith walks further into the bar and stands near a seat close to the old man.

Oh not a problem totally understandable. I was actually hoping to grab a drink and a meal if your kitchens open.

Eldrith spends time small talking the old man while they wait. He hoped buying something from the old man will grease the wheels ever so slightly once he has to make the ask for information.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #594

The middle-aged man smiles, and hands Eldrith a menu. "Anything in particular you'd like? The Alderaanian goose is my personal favorite. Unfortunately, the new policy from law enforcement means no Arlonian ale," he says.

Some more minutes pass after Eldrith places his order. What does he ask?

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa is not a Chiss of conversation. Much more..to the point "I would prefer a cool water. My throat is parched. As well, is have there been any interesting rumors or news that have passed in this area. We ask because we are traveling soon, and would wish to know some local news before we leave" The Chiss responds in her usual cold, unfeeling way. A droid would have a less unliving personality really

26. - Top - End - #596

The bartender charges Nodoa a nominal fee for the glass of water - this is Sidarin, after all. "Local news, ah..." the bartender says, scratching his head, obviously annoyed at such a question lacking any detail in what it is asking. "well, the town reception tower is now being guarded by Imperial troops. Came here, looking for something, clearly didn't find it, moved on, but did leave a skeleton crew just in case. 'Bout three troopers, I think. Not sure. I gotta say the troopers staying behind look awful bored. They seem to think this is a backwater assignment. I'd rather they think that than they think there's action here - not that I'm upset with their company of course!" The last statement is made somewhat hastily, as if to make sure it didn't sound like he were thinking treasonous thoughts.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    We might want Eldrith to do the asking, unless Nodoa has something specific. She's clearly not the one to do social stuff!
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-06-20 at 12:06 AM.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Catching the vibe of the Bartender Eldrith also chimes in in the same overly loud tone "Oh yes of course but who could really be upset about supporting our empires troops in their duty?" His head sort of peeks up a little bit as he said that.

Then his voice softens and tones down to a quieter tone "but like you said this is a pretty backwater assignment why would the troopers be here? Is it the tower or like what gives?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

28. - Top - End - #598

"Eh, beats me," the bartender shrugs. "Me I'm just glad there's nothing bad enough here in town that they'd need to do a major operation here. Not sure why they're guarding the comm tower, but what I've heard from other passers through Linko Biris ain't unique. My guess is they're worried about cybercriminals who may be hiding out somewhere in the boondocks even on this dirtball. Staking out the tower they'd know if anybody tries to jack into it, while they pursue their real goal, wherever that is. Whatever that is." He pauses, then lowers down and leans closer, then pulls back and just talks, but a little bit quieter. "From what I've heard, I'm not really sure the Imps know themselves what they're after. I hear that the I.S.B. is here with the army, but while the I.S.B. is looking for whatever, the army is being left to its own devices. Could be the army's here just in case something gets real." He then raises his voice back to its normal - or slightly louder - tone. "If something does get real, I hope they can deal with it before it causes too much, shall we say, collateral damage."

He then asks Eldrith and Nodoa "Do ya know if there's like anything offworld that might have gotten their attention? Heard there was a pirate ship landed in Linko Sorisa day before yesterday, but they were all over the planet, not just Linko Sorisa."

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What were you about to say friend? eldrith says with a wiry smile and a side says glance.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith looks the bartender up and down as they respond to his statement with confusion

Ahh my fault friend misread that little leaning in thing you just...you know what that's not important eldrith says the last line sheepishly

He wracks his brain to think of anything of value he knows thst might be offered to the bartender in trade for other rumors.

Spoiler: gm
    Show

If this bartender isn't a complete waste of time can I roll to see of I know anything that I could trade him for anything I need to know

If not I'll just move on

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC