New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Nodoa's eye's narrow in return "I Do not believe in a child's fables. But, if there is any truth to these rumors I would like to see it for myself. I believe taking such an agent alive could prove...fruitful"

Nodoa simply watches as paranoia and fear start to take grip over the pirates "Good. i am glad that you can see the potential threat. Though, instead of preparing to flee, why not prepare to fight? This planet is nothing but farmlands and rocks from what I can see, I doubt they would expect a heavy resistance. Perhaps the inquisitor and a retinue of guards. If we could plot out a proper ambush you can eliminate this agent, and perhaps even increase your notoriety among the Pirate crews, Perhaps the empire itself may approach you with more..caution."

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo shoots Nodoa a sidelong glance, though pointedly doesn't speak up when she starts talking about fables.

He taps the commlink on his wrist and speaks into it.

"All clear to come in guys. Bit of a misunderstanding but all seems good now. Let's get what we need."

He turns to the woman.

"While a bit overenthusiastic, my blue friend is right about one thing. We've got a much better chance of handling the Inquisitor together, or at least delaying her till we can get away. Perhaps we should have a talk with your Admiral about this?"

As he speaks, Zo reaches out for the Force again, hoping to glean insight into whether the Inquisitor will find them soon, or is already on her way...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

If I can use my roll from before, that would be awesome. If not, here's another one:

Foresee Roll: 1eF 2 Light Side

3. - Top - End - #693
    Barbarian in the Playground

The woman smirks at Nodoa and then Zo. "You want to lure this Inquisitor into a trap? I'll bet the Admiral will like the thought of that!" she says.

The man looks at them and then says "So, what kind of... combat skills do you have? Or trap-laying... the Admiral is a hard man, and anybody who works with him... needs to carry their own weight..."

For the first time since his arrival in this system, Zo gets some idea of how close the pursuit is. The Inquisitor is preparing - and she is making her own plans based on anticipated resistance. They do have some hours, at least, but it will be a formidable attack when it comes. But then, Zo realizes that the leader of these pirates are stronger - and more dangerous - than he or Trill had previously realized.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Indeed, I would hope your Admrial would approve of the plan. I would suggest to a warehouse rigged to explode with pirates surrounding it. Perhaps some nearby speeders to clean up after"

She then looks to the Human "I have an implant within my brain that has uploaded various basic self defense techniques to use with Hand to ahnd weaponry such as Vibro Blades and staves. As well I can use the electric shocks of my implant in order to drive my adrenaline further then it should be allowed. As for mechanics I am specialized in cybernetic improvements. Not replacement. That would imply that they are not superior then the former organic parts. Though, I would say I am quite good with your typical mechanics as well, rearing ships, building equipment, such and such"

5. - Top - End - #695

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo rubs his temple, wincing slightly.

"I'll hold my own in a fight, shield people from harm."

He taps the shield on his back in evidence.

"Also pretty good at planning and getting in my enemy's head, figuring how things are going to go down, that sort of thing. It's going to be tough. She's probably anticipating resistance, but not of the order we could bring if we work together. Would we be able to arrange a chat with your Admiral?"

6. - Top - End - #696
    Orc in the Playground

Ohhhz-yezzz! Wez gotz reallyzyz clozt-t-t-toooza zpaze wizardyz-womanz witz za floppzingyz-earz andz wezar herez t-t-to-t-t-tellza-t-tailz! Hahazhazzzazahaz!

He takes an exaggerated bow.

Wez canz dooza zimplez-zingzand-d-d-danze and d-d-drinkz andz beeza merryzyz! Myz foez and yourza-foezez i'zza-zame-zo we-couldz beeza friendzez bez-cauzez of-allzatz iz juztzez zaidz! U'zez iz a forzezez toz bez mozt zeriouzlyz reckoned-d-dz withzz! Betterz commonz alliezez zeenza notherz foezez! Eh?
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-08-18 at 07:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #697

SamuraiGuy

"and I'm pretty handy with this here blasta" Cort mentions as he appears from his ambush position with his heavy blaster under arm. "Chips here is similarly armed and I have my fair share of battles notched on my belt, but my talents tend to be more aimed at kitting my squad prior to battle." he looks over the pirates "on that note, let's talk about sopping out some equipment, yeah?"

8. - Top - End - #698
    Orc in the Playground

Yezzz! Gladzu-canz bez joinzingzuz! Yez wezwillz needza gunz andza ozerztuffz! Boozez-anz za-gunz! Talkz likez thatz requireza t-t-t-toaztz! Tooz newz friendzex andz deadz enemiezzzz ezpeziallyza zpaze wizeadzy kindz!

He throws the bottle over to a pirate near their leader.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-08-18 at 07:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #699

Show
    Fliped a destiny point from dark to light

The woman folds her arms at Nodoa's suggestion while the man nods with each introduction. "And how, exactly, do you intend to bait the trap of our... exploding warehouse?" she asks.

The man then walks back over to his computer, and begins typing something. After a moment, he looks up, and says "The Admiral wants to see you in person to arrange this," he says. Something in Zo's foresight takes great alarm at that...

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa turns to the woman "Well, there were two plans I was debating. Either A, a false radio signal, speaking of the artifacts in there location. But, it would have a light encryption, easy enough for Imperial Communications officers to splice into. They go to the location and then the warehouse explodes or we spring a trap. Secondly, we could just be unloading the precious cargo into a warehouse, and wait for them to attack, a small force with those unloading to make it look lightly guarded. These people would most likely die, which is unfortunate, but after ward, we uses whatever ships and transports you admiral has to swoop in as they try and search the area, surrounding them.

She then turns to the man "Good. It should be easier to discuss our plans with him directly then"

11. - Top - End - #701

OrcBarbarianGuy

"In...person you say? How far is the Admiral from here, as I'm not sure we have time. The Inquisitor's probably not far off at this point, given the state of their preparations when we left."

Zo flips up his hood, trying to conceal his crest as the colour shifts uneasily.

"Before we meet the Admiral, can we make sure we've got the supplies we need to pull this off on our ship first? I want us to be able to help to the best of our abilities if and when this all goes down."

Show

Let me know if I need to roll some sort of Persuasion skill or not.

12. - Top - End - #702

The man shakes his head at Zo's question. "The Admiral's base is in the caves in the mountains, north of here. Ahm sure you saw it on the way in. As for supplies..." he says, his voice taking on a sharper edge, "Ah don't think the Admiral wants you just runnin' away now that yer here. This is a pirate base after all..."

13. - Top - End - #703

SamuraiGuy

"It's pretty obvious to me that the way you blokes talk off this Admiral that he is an intimidating kinda fella. so for us to beat this sorceress we need him. Fight fiya with fiya and all that, yeah?" He nudges an elbow into Yijz's, as in get me drift?

"But of course, first we need to get this lady up and about" he points to the ship "How 'bout we strike a deal with you? We dont have anything on us right now, but we can talk about future endeavours, ai? We could offa you a nice cut of our part of what we salvage from the fight?" He holds his hand open in gesture of generosity "If that doesn't tickle your fancy, I might find something in our cargo hold, speederbikes. Old, but that means reliable to me."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Supplies from the Pirates, Negotiation: 2eP+1eA 2 successes, 2 advantage

+1 success for appraisal eye implant considering he will have a look at the repair kits they offer. also I get 10% creds extra for selling legitimately, I assume this would be value and not actual creds in this situation. He will also try for a vibro knife for Techie, even if that means we swap in Chip's blaster.
    Last edited by Idares; 2018-08-21 at 04:16 PM.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Orc in the Playground

He nods in agreement.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"At the moment, our most pressing concern may be the inquisitor seeking the deaths of us all."

16. - Top - End - #706
    Orc in the Playground

Yezzz-zzatz a bitzy ofza problemz... Byz za wayz... Takza zip and pazz itzyz onz tooza nezxt-t-t zpazer! No-zhoardzingza booze. Keepz itz movinzingz eh!?
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-08-24 at 05:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #707

Show
    And the destiny pool is all dark again!

The woman sighs, and replies "Well, let's get you fixed up. We can take the speeders you have - question now is do you want weapons to fight with on foot, or repairs on your ship? I'm gonna be frank; your ship is a bit worse for wear..." she then smirks "...say, does that damage have anything to do with this 'Inquisitor' as you call ...him? Her?"

18. - Top - End - #708

SamuraiGuy

Cort looks over to the ship and back at the pirate: "Yeah, she might not look pretty, but she is one tough lady. Sure she needs repairs, but she managed to fly all the way here" He tries to diminish their seemingly desperate situation to lower the price "And that speeda bike is just as loyal. How about you throw in that vibro blade and we got a good deal."

Show
    Do I need to make another negotiation check or will that be redundant?

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa shrugs "A Combination of things. The Inquisitors Ship may have been one. Yet, her ship had a major malfunction within it allowing me to slice into her ship's onboard computer fro the comunication computer. And..yes, A vibroblade of some sort would be prefered"

20. - Top - End - #710

"We'd better start work on your ship," the woman says, calling out some of her goons who apparently double as repair technicians.

She and the man then walk up and look over the speeders. "Whahle wes work on the ship, we can take da speeders for a test run. See how much they're worth," he says.

"Better be quick about it, and no joyriding," says the woman, crossing her arms. "If what these blokes are telling is is true, this Inquisitor may show up sooner than we're ready for it."

Meanwhile, the wookie pirate and Chips start grunting at each-other in Sheriwook. What they're saying is anyone's guess, although they seem to experience a certain camaraderie.

The pirates do not have any cybernetic schematics, much to Nodoa's chagrin.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    So you have a bit of downtime while your ship gets repaired. What do you do?
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-08-31 at 11:07 PM.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz hands out parts and shots of whiskey as needed to those worjing on the ship. In fact he's not entirely useless tossing parts with surprising accuracy.

22. - Top - End - #712

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo helps with the heavy lifting of armour plating and large parts, his movements fairly mechanical. His mind is elsewhere.

Why did that farm call to him? What is Trill not telling them?
    What sort of person would collect Sith artifacts, and what might the Admiral have learned from them?

If he's able to catch any of our ragtag group out of earshot of the pirates, he'll voice his concern that the Admiral might possibly have similar, but probably weaker, capabilities to the Inquisitor, and that we should be vigilant when we meet them.

Other than that, he's keeping an eye out for any signs of betrayal or planting of tracking beacons that the pirates might try.

Show

Not sure what else to do, but hope this helps.

Perception for spotting shenanigans: 2eA 2 successes

23. - Top - End - #713

Yijz is able to help direct the pirates to fix the ship with some degree of success, although it will still need more repairs before they will want to take it back into combat. Still, it is a tough little ship. It's clear why the Empire contracts Seinar Fleet Systems to build so many of these things, even if their most common use is simply in ferrying people around instead of using them for combat, which they are quite capable of. It also begs the question of why the Empire allowed Seinar to build one of them for its own use, and how Lodon then managed to get ahold of it.

Most importantly, the engines appear to have been damaged. The ship made it here, but trying to take off again would have fried the hyperdrive motivator coil. Yijz, however, with his eagle-eye for mechanical devices, spots it and fixes it before anything terrible goes wrong.

Zo does not spot any tracking devices or anything, but that's not to say that they aren't there.

Nodoa is able to scrounge together enough pieces of debris to make a few bombs that can be triggered remotely, and wires a control into her own cybernetic matrix - just in case the pirates try to detonate the bombs themselves without her consent...

Spoiler: Rules counts
    Show
    3 hull points repaired. I believe this should make you at 18/25, am I right?

Also, I flipped a destiny point from dark to light in response to Yijz' triumph. I was going to have the hyperdrive break down here for that destiny point, but I am allowing Yijz to spot it and fix it

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa looks over her explosives, nodding at her handiwork. Indeed The Chiss can make even the most worthless of scrap into something useful. "The Explosives are Ready. Now we simply need a place to put them"

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith breathes deeply trying to calm down.

Eldrith thinks to himself You know what I stole the ship once...yeah yeah i could just get in and...no no Eldrith you cant

This plan was crazy but they couldn't stay on the run forever. Who was he kidding he totally could stay on the run forever but eldrith thought of Zo and Yijz and to a lesser extent the other two. He wouldnt leave them now.

First thing first Eldrith needed to calm down and they were out of arlonian ale. He rummages around and finds some supplies after talking with some of the pirates and proceeds to make some feel good cocktails to calm his nerves. Eldrith shares the bounty of his creation with the pirates too if they are game.

Riding that energy eldrith takes out his sabacc deck and tries to get a game going. The mix of booze, feel good additives, and gaming starts to put people in a good mood

And then I said friend but it's just a little fire! Hahaha can you believe it hahaha

Ah man I tell you something you all are just the best. I mean it. So how did you all get into piracy? I mean you e all got to have a story yeah? What's this admiral like? They've got to have a rad hat. Admirals always have the beat hats. Is that why you follow them? They've got the big hat so they make the rules or did they like earn your respect or are they the highest paying big hat around? Why follow them rather than anyone else? You've all got some rad stuff around here but you can have everything right? What's like the one thing that you crave our here? Like what does your soul yearn for while you're out here being told what to do by the biggest hat around?

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Med to make drugs: 1eP+2eA 0 successes, 3 advantage

Med to make poison: 1eP+2eA 5 successes

Smooze the pirates: 1eP+2eA 2 successes

Streetwise to see if eldrith can work out their other operations: 1eP+2eA 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph

Last edited by cybric; 2018-09-08 at 12:53 AM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

26. - Top - End - #716

As Eldrith plays his game of Sabbac, he manages to lose all of the money that Trill gave him and winds up in debt by about 200 credits - which, thankfully, he can pay back by trading the poisons he was able to make. Technically, he still has them, but they belong to the pirates.

One Rodian pirate is in fact rather chatty. "I didn't want to become a pirate. It just sort of happened," he says at first, but then goes on. "Wanted to care for my sister. Started shipping. Then smuggling. Then piracy. Got more and more desperate. She died anyway. Now this is all I've got left." he says morosely.

"Admiral's a ruthless man, always seemed to have bigger ambitions, always patient," the Rodian then continues after a few more games. "You should be make sure you're useful to him. Right now, I hate to say it, you and your crew seem to know a bit more than is healthy. But if you're useful enough, he might overlook the liability you create."

As the night slowly gives way to dawn, the two human lead pirates - a socially astute person could tell that they're married - let the group know that the Admiral is sending a ship to pick them up. After an hour, the sun is up, and the ship arrives, a well-armed YT-1210 freighter, arrives. Several aqualish thugs come out, and burly members of at least two other species that are unfamiliar. A quarran seems to be leading the group. "All right, you, onto the ship. You're going to meet the Admiral," he says.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa stand from her work bench, her Bombs still on the bench as she has a single explosive on her person. Just in case. She begins to walk to the Quarren

"Yes yes. I suppose it's time. Yet, Time is of the esscense. The Imperials will be coming soon And I have not had a chance to be able to check the radio feed for when they may be here. Do be quick about it" She says, ready to follow along to meet the admril

28. - Top - End - #718

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo takes a few deep breaths to prepare himself, then heads to the freighter, shield slung on his back.

His hand keeps straying to his pocket, and the vibroknucklers nestled within, as a way of reassuring himself.

"We're ready. Doubt we'd hear much now anyway, so now's as good a time as any."

He looks towards the married couple.

"You should maybe have a look at good places to put the explosives that Nodoa has made around this place, in the event the Imps do make a play for this place."

As he heads into the freighter he runs a bouncer's eye over the new freighter crew, trying to assess the most dangerous.

Show

Let me know if I need to roll Brawl/Cool/Vigilance/Perception/whatever.

Let's go and meet the Admiral!

Last edited by Rattigan; 2018-09-12 at 11:26 AM.

29. - Top - End - #719

SamuraiGuy

"Right we are then" Cort flings his blaster over his soldier marching into the frieghter and gives a nonchalant salute to the bouncer mid stride.

30. - Top - End - #720

The five are brought aboard the ship and the ship takes off, and heads north over the deserts and canyons. After the modified Lambda-class has disappeared over the horizon, the officer on board fires up the internal holoprojector and an image of what can only be the Admiral appears on screen.

The Admiral is a mid-40s human man wearing a black longcoat over dark brown pants, and a pair of goggle-like glasses over his eyes that hide part of his face. Despite the fairly low-society clothing, the Admiral is a clean-shaven man with well-kept graying hair. In fact, he wouldn't look out of place on the bridge of an Imperial starship. A twilek female servant stands next to him in more conventional slave garb, but a trained eye would see that she could she could slip loose at any moment, and there is what may be part of a blaster under her short skirt.

As the image turns on, the Admiral folds his arms across his chest and surveys the crew before him. He glances at Zo in particular, then at Eldrith, and gives a bit of a smirk. Then he turns stone-faced, holding a military composure. "So? Who are you, and what do you know about my operation?" he demands.