Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 781 to 810 of 1026
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Chips grunts, and walks into the main bay to the location of the ramp, ready to go down with Cort, if Yijz lands the ship.

  2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Mhhh looks that way. I dont like going in but I like the idea of being on the admirals list even worse.

    Eldrith checks is gear over and make sure to restock what he needs. He takes his pistol out of his holster and powers on his scanner then looks to Yijz expectantly.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  3. - Top - End - #783
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa, for her part, has a knife. She takes a deep sigh "How I wish I had my Vibro-Rapier" She stands, balancing the knife on her fingers, and following behind them

  4. - Top - End - #784
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo hefts his shield off of his back and holds it at the ready, standing among his friends, thrown together by circumstance.

    "Stick close to me. I can protect you, and shield you from the worst of it should things go bad."

    He reaches into the pocket of his lightly armoured mining garb and doublechecks that his vibroknucklers are good to slip on in an emergency. Satisfied, he steps up next to Chips, looking down at the Wookie with a nod as he pulls himself up to approaching his full height instead of his usual crouched stance.

    "Let's go and introduce ourselves."
    Last edited by Rattigan; 2018-12-06 at 06:08 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #785
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yijz is "going with the flow" after 24 hours of inactivity


    Yijz sets the ship down in the courtyard of the compound, and lowers the ramp. The dry, warm air of tropical Sidarin greets Cort, Chips, Eldrith, Zo, and Nodoa as the ramp opens. The compound remains silent. The hangar, its doors closed, lies to their left, while the warehouse is to the right - although, as the two buildings are connected, it's more a question of which door to open first.

    Chips sniffs - and then grunts, pointing to some of the scorch marks on the ground and on the walls.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Anyone speak Sheriwook?

  6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith uses his translator to understand what Chip was saying he looks at the scorch marks and the surrounding area
    Spoiler: perception
    Show

    Perception: 2eA+1eP 2 successes, 1 advantage

    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  7. - Top - End - #787
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Chips says it, but the smell is enough for Eldrith to pick up as well - the lingering sent of ozone, smoke, and something faint but reminiscent of cooked meat. The burn marks and smoke indicate blaster fire, and clearly somebody was hurt, probably killed, from the odor. In Chips' words, "a violent struggle took place here."

    Upon exiting the ship, Eldrith is further able to find prints of many different boots, some of them nondescript, but some of them well-treaded. Chips grunts again, but Eldrith was thinking it before he said it. "Imperials..."

  8. - Top - End - #788
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa observes the blaster marks herself "The Imperials seemed to attack more tehn there base. I feel as if teh Pirate Captain will come to hate us nomatter what happens today." She continues walking

  9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Geez.. Eldrith looks over the grisly sight.

    Turning to Nodea, yeah doesn't look good. We should have a look around though. The Admiral will want to know about this and I think if we don't let them know it'll just be worse for us. Best case perhaps there's some useful gear or swag for us. Probably also want to have a look and see if there's anything obvious that the imps were looking for or took.

    Perhaps we can start getting on the Admirals good side for a change...way to early but there maybe an opportunity here for us to be the new enclave. But one step at a time.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  10. - Top - End - #790
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    As they leave Yijz is furiously scratching a message into a piece of flimisiplast. Then repears it a few times. He runs to catch up.

    (Do i see sonething that appears as a main entrance?)

  11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith dials in his scanner trying to gather anymore information from their surroundings.

    He makes a motion towards the hanger and whispers I've got three life signs making their way into the hanger. From what I can tell their probably humanoid but theres a lot of shielding around here so I cant make out the warehouse well.

    Eldrith thinks for a moment. Yijz, cort can you scout up a head to the hanger? We dont know if there are more people in the warehouse so entering through the hanger seems best.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  12. - Top - End - #792
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Yijz shoots up ahead blaster drawn.

  13. - Top - End - #793
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Cort gives a sharp yet causual salute and then falls in behind Yijz with his blaster in tactical position.

    He trys to be stealthy.

    (on phone can't make a stealth roll, someone please do it for me)

  14. - Top - End - #794
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith's scanner reports life signs inside of both the warehouse and the hangar, but the doctor is unable to determine the exact number of beings in each, or where they are located. The constant presence of multiple layers of metal create a great number of reflections, and the scanner is picking up the reflections as well as the original signals, and it is difficult to tell which is which. The computer inside of the scanner was designed with this problem in mind and is trying to make sense of the output, and the numbers that it reports are generally fairly accurate.

    At present, it is claiming that there are three in the hangar, and around twice that number in the warehouse, possibly more - some of the signals look quite faint. It is more difficult to tell how many or where they are in the warehouse, but it also appears that there are about three - maybe two, maybe four - not far from the main door, and probably others farther back.

    Meanwhile, Yijz and Cort slink up to the doors of the hangar. There is a switch meant to open and close the doors, as well as a keypad console with a display that shows what appear to be garbage numbers. However, the green light next to the switch indicates that the switch itself is operational, at least. There are also tracks in the dust where it looks like several good-sized objects were physically dragged into the hangar behind its now-closed door.

  15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: moose post
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofmossandmoose View Post
    As they leave Yijz is furiously scratching a message into a piece of flimisiplast. Then repears it a few times. He runs to catch up.

    (Do i see sonething that appears as a main entrance?)
    mooses post
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith passes the information about the location and number of life forms in the warehouse to the scouting team.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  17. - Top - End - #797
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa moves ahead, seeing the goal she seeks to attain. She wraps her hands around the lever and pulls it

  18. - Top - End - #798
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo moves up, trying to be the most obvious one seen if and when the hangar doors open, drawing attention away from his friends.

    He holds his shield a little nervously, reflexes taut and ready to react to any violence as he extends his senses into the nebulous and varied possibilities of the future, but his swirling emotions cloud any impression he might get, which only adds to his tension.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Foresee Roll: 1eF 1 Dark Side



  19. - Top - End - #799
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa pulls the lever and the door of the hangar rolls up. Plainly visible inside are three TIE fighters, all in the process of being prepped for launch. The pilots - the three life-signs that Eldrith detected with his scanner - are in the process of boarding their ships, but drop down next to their ships when the door opens, reaching for their blasters.

    Spoiler: Roll for initiative!
    Show
    The pilots rolled 1 success and 4 advantage. Whomever rolls higher than that gets to act before they do.

    The pilots have damage thresholds of 5 and 3 soak due to their semi-armored flight suits. They are all at close range.

  20. - Top - End - #800
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Startled, yet not shocked, by Nadoa's reckless action, Cort jumps to the corner of the door and takes tactical action, whilst shouting at the imperials: "Okay okay! Let's just cool it down, yeah?! Consider your lives, you are badly outgunned, mates, just keep your hands pointing to the stars and you'll get out of this before some bloke takes a blasta to the head!"

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Initiative Vigilance: 1eA+1eP 2 successes, 1 advantage
    Charm: Convince TIE Pilots to lay down arms: 1eA+2eP 3 successes, 1 advantage


    -Takes cover
    -Pay 2 strain to take Aim
    -Use action to Charm them to surrender

  21. - Top - End - #801
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Blaster fire. Shadowy figures beneath all too familiar silhouettes. Friends being hit!

    Zo's eyes had clouded over as he finally found the peace to peer into the future, becoming almost white, but now they snap back to reality as Nodoa pulls the lever. Almost before the doors have finished opening fully he sprints forward into the hangar, fingers curling around the vibroknucklers handle in his pocket.

    "No more friends. No more family. I give you NO MORE!"

    as he rears back and lands a solid hit on the centre pilot, vibrating metal crashing into the weak spot where the jaw meets the skull with a resounding *crunch*.

    He looks around and pulls himself around the TIE's panel into a lurching run that brings him up into the face of the rightmost pilot, chest heaving as he rears up to his full height. If anyone would be hurt. It would be him. Not his friends. The Empire can Go To Hell.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Vigilance: 1eA+1eP+1eF 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Light Side


    Spending the light pip on Force die on another success for a total of 3 successes. Some flash of future sight had Zo moving just before the doors began to open, or at least that's how I'm flavouring it. If that's not ok let me know @PetrifiedWalnut

    Maneuver to close to Engaged range with middle pilot from Short range.

    Attack with Vibroknucklers (Disorient 1, Knockdown, Pierce 1, Vicious 1. Base damage Brawn+1=5):
    Punching an Imperial: 3eA+1eP+1eF 1 success, 5 advantage, 2 Light Side


    EDIT: Derp, forgot to roll difficulty.
    Punching an Imperial (difficulty): 2eD 0 successes, 2 threat


    Will spend 2 light side pips to make them successes, from my Enhance Force Power. So that is base damage of 5, +3 from uncancelled successes, ignoring 1 soak (Pierce 1). Hopefully enough to plant one of them in the ground

    Will spend 2 of my 3 advantage on a free maneuever to Engage with the rightmost pilot (as we are looking at them) assuming I take the centre one down, and remaining 1 on giving a Boost Dice (1eB in Orokos) to the next person's action.

    Wound Threshold 17, Strain Threshold 13.
    Soak 5. Melee/Ranged Defense 3 (3 Setback Dice on attacks against me from armour+shield. 3eS in Orokos)


  22. - Top - End - #802
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: OOC (lack of activity)
    Show
    Moose and Cybric had the opportunity to post their characters' actions IC (I don't know why Moose posted initiative but didn't act for Yijz), and we're in combat, so I'm invoking the 24-hour rule (even though it's been more like 48)


    Yijz opens up with his blaster on the rightmost of the three pilots, opposite of the one that Zo is looming over. The shot hits, but is partly absorbed by the man's armor, sending him reeling backward with a cry. Not to be useless, Chips barges in after him, picking up the man by his helmet and hurling him bodily to the floor with a sickening crunch. It's hard to say if either of the two downed pilots are alive or dead, but they aren't moving, in either case.

    The remaining pilot is clearly terrified, but instead of surrendering, he bolts toward a non-descript metal door in the side of the hangar atop a small platform with low stairs, and flings it open. The open doorway reveals that the lights are on inside of the warehouse adjacent to the hangar that the pilot just ran into, but interior walls block any views of what might be inside.

  23. - Top - End - #803
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Yijz beckons the others to follow. He runs after the pilot (using both maneuvers if he have to, to get to the door. I wanna look through before rushing in unless i can reach the guy.)

  24. - Top - End - #804
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Since we're temporarily out of combat, I will allow movement in a non-initiative way, but keep in mind that things are going to happen if you dally for any length of time.


    Yijz sprints to the door, and looks in. The door opens up into a corridor leading to the left, with what looks like an office on the right. The office has computer equipment inside of it, but appears empty. The computers are still on. The hallway to the left runs for some distance until it reaches a far wall, with two doors opening to the right, one about midway down and one at the end of the hall.

    Scorch marks along the wall reveal that there was a shootout in this hallway not long ago. There's even a faint sent of smoke still in the air. The sound of footsteps and then voices comes from the other side of the wall, indicating that there are people over there. One voice sounds like it's berating another individual.

  25. - Top - End - #805
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa follows behind Yijz, her combat knife ready. She decides not to enhance herself just yet, as she has not seen anything worthy of her pushing her implantws beyond themselves "If we leave any alive, there will be more on there way. I suggest extreme predjudice"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Spending two manuvers to Follow behind Yijz!

  26. - Top - End - #806
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Cort's shoulders drop when he sees everyting going south: "Aahh shiiit... " He sees Yijz take off and he makes pursuit, but stays at the first door to keep over-watch over the rest and to ready himself for an ambush.

  27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith seeing that everything wrong takes what cover he can and begins scanning for comms traffic. Once he ids the frequency he jams the troopers comms

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show



    [/SPOILERComp roll: 3eA 4 successes, 1 advantage
    ]
    Last edited by cybric; 2018-12-15 at 11:54 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  28. - Top - End - #808
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Edrith does what he can to hack the Imperial communications. It doesn't work - the buildings are already so full of metal that it blocks the signal that he sends from outside of the buildings, and he isn't even sure that the Imps inside of the building are using their radios anyway.

  29. - Top - End - #809
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa moves to the middle door, knife still ready. She nods to her companions and tries to peak around the door, hopefully, the Imps that might be there are distracted

  30. - Top - End - #810
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The door is at first glance a perfectly ordinary door - except, perhaps, for the antiquity of its design: it actually has a hinges, and a doorknob. The door itself appears to be a light plastic, rather than wood in the style of more ancient doors, but the door itself is currently closed. Does she open it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •