Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1020
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith follows Trills lead and fits down with her.

    After hearing the voices coming from the next hangar he knows his little distraction is working however they need to move fast

    Ok Trill what's the play here?
    Spoiler: occ
    Show

    Is there a check that i can roll to see if i notice anything that she could have taken or notice that she had now that she didn't before? I want to Mahe she she didn't nab something off the ship and now she's going to bounce
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Trill doesn't even have time to answer, as two goonish individuals come out of the shuttle and onto the ramp. They obviously do not notice Trill and Eldrith where they are under the ramp. They are pushing a crate of - well - something, which they then drop immediately upon sight of the smoke rising up from the nearby hangar. Casting all caution to the stellar winds, they break into a sprint and run for the archway leading to the nearby hangar.

    The crate that they were carrying is knocked off of the ramp, but its antigravity generator keeps it from crashing into the ground, but the lid does flop open. Inside are stacks and stacks of datapads with the Seinar Fleet Systems logo on them. Trill looks at Eldrith. "Good job! Here's your treasure!" She immediately begins pulling out datapads and sliding them into her clothes, with a glance of concern in the direction of the hangar with the fire.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Plopping himself into the pilot seat of the ship Eldrith looks the ship over. It's not in bad condition. He starts booting up the ship with a couple commands and flips some switches

    You know what trill after some thought I think it would be a lot simpler if we just took the ship along with us so if you wouldn't mind moving those up here that would be great

    Spoiler: slicing roll
    Show

    By the skin of my teeth
    : 3eA+2eD 1 success


    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith sits in the pilot's chair and starts pressing buttons. Some of the lights begin to turn on as Eldrith fiddles with the controls - he is barely able to get in, but notes that some of the security systems seem to have been disabled. Trill, as he begins this and his intentions become clear, gasps in fear and alarm. "You try to take off, you'll get the Imperials' attention. You may get shot down by TIEs!" She then runs down the ramp and on to the launch pad. Eldrith can see that she is fiddling with the crates, but not obviously trying to get them aboard.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    Eldrith sits in the pilot's chair and starts pressing buttons. Some of the lights begin to turn on as Eldrith fiddles with the controls - he is barely able to get in, but notes that some of the security systems seem to have been disabled. Trill, as he begins this and his intentions become clear, gasps in fear and alarm. "You try to take off, you'll get the Imperials' attention. You may get shot down by TIEs!" She then runs down the ramp and on to the launch pad. Eldrith can see that she is fiddling with the crates, but not obviously trying to get them aboard.
    Kid trust me if you knew Gragst you'd now that death by tie would be a mercy compared to what he's going to do to me if I come up short again. So I think that I'm going to take my chances

    Eldrith has noticed all her fumbling around. He knows that she's up to something but is not sure what but frankly that's not his problem. He has the ship which will let him either put a dent in his debt or allow him make a run for it if he needed to. Either way a free ship was too tempting to pass up.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    I'll roll for perception if you want me to to see what she is really doing but at this point it's kinda mute til we land.

    Trill I don't know what you're really doing back there but this ship is taking off with or without you. But I have to say do you really want to be here alone when they see me flying off? Your call kid but I'm out of here...
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-03-17 at 09:50 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith can see Trill hesitate for a moment, but then grabs something else, then sprints out of his sight. Then, the engines whirr to life, and, a few moments later, the ship begins to rise. Turning the ship around to try to take it to wherever he intends to fly it, he can clearly see Trill below him, who has climbed up the wall of the open-air hangar and is now out of sight from the ground. She glances back up at him, too far below him now for him to read the expression on her face, before she fluidly jumps off of the wall and into the street below in an effortless display of athletic grace.

    Meanwhile, on the floor of the spaceport below him, Eldrith can see that the thugs whom he had distracted with the fire are running back into the patio where his new shuttle was parked, staring up at him. Meanwhile, a group of Imperial troopers have entered the hangar with the burning fuel. Blaster marks and one dead body suggest that there had been a firefight that Eldrith had been unaware of while he was firing up the engines. All eyes, for now, are on his shuttle, of course. One of the troopers reaches to his helmet as if using his radio.

    Also below him, Eldrith can now see what Trill was doing - he had knocked over one of the crates of fruit and taken something out of another crate underneath it, which also looks kinda like fruit, albeit different fruit.

    Now, however, Eldrith has a new problem: where, exactly, is he going to take this ship he has stolen?

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Mildly panicking Eldrith goes through the usual thoughts, what was I thinking, oh my gosh this going to get me killed, again what was I thinking.

    Patching the ships com's to his comlink he contactes the other at the bar.

    "ahh guys so thinks went a little weird at the spaceport. I may or may not have stolen a pirate shuttle...ok I definitely stole a smuggler shuttle. I think it belongs to the guy back on my table? He had a Seinar systems patch on him though so maybe it's more like reclaiming? "


    His breathing gets a little heavier and a little more rattled.

    "I need to pay off Gransts but uhhh maybe I can pick you up and the dude on the table can explain everything? His he up and around yet? He didn't die did he? Uhh Trill stole something from a hidden comparment in the shipment but I'm not entirely sure what that was or if it was important to our potentially alive friend on my table."


    He's going to start arcing the ship towards the bars part of town but if we aren't going to meet up he's going to gun it for the outskirts of the city.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Guys I got us a shuttle! Now we just need to not die.

    Ps sorry this little diversion took so long but hopefully we can get back together and start the adventure moving forward as a party.

    Last edited by cybric; 2017-03-21 at 01:59 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "The frak Eldrith?"

    Zo's crest flushes red with anger, the colour visible under his hood as he holds the commlink close to his mouth

    "How do you possibly think you're going to get away with this? The Empire are here, led by some sort of Sith or Dark Jedi. If they're interested in that ship, you're going to have some real trouble, and might even end up dead!"

    Zo tries to calm down a little, and lower his voice to stop the others feeling uncomfortable in the small room.

    "The Rodian is fine. He's awake and talking. If it is his ship you're "liberating", he may have some choice words for you though."

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The Rodian rubs his forehead and then suddenly blurts out. ""My ship? He looks like he is trying to get up, but then lies back down again. "Who are you talking to? And where am I? Who has my ship?"

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan View Post
    "The frak Eldrith?"

    Zo's crest flushes red with anger, the colour visible under his hood as he holds the commlink close to his mouth

    "How do you possibly think you're going to get away with this? The Empire are here, led by some sort of Sith or Dark Jedi. If they're interested in that ship, you're going to have some real trouble, and might even end up dead!"

    Zo tries to calm down a little, and lower his voice to stop the others feeling uncomfortable in the small room.

    "The Rodian is fine. He's awake and talking. If it is his ship you're "liberating", he may have some choice words for you though."
    I know I know it as rash bu this thing looked like it was owned by pirate scum, to fair it turned out to be owned by smuggler scum which is a slightly better tier of scum but that's neither here nor there.

    Wait Jedi, Sith, your not making sense Zo. I didn't see any mythic wizards or devil kings while I was at the space port just a bunch or pirates and imps killing each other. So wraith of some bed time stories really aren't a worry of mine right now.


    Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    The Rodian rubs his forehead and then suddenly blurts out. ""My ship? He looks like he is trying to get up, but then lies back down again. "Who are you talking to? And where am I? Who has my ship?"
    Hi yeah this is Dr. Eldrith Trill paid me to bring you back from the edge of death and oblivion?

    She offered me 1500 cred for that service by the way which I still have not received payment for in addition to her stealing something from this ship back there...She also said I get a bonus 1000 cred if you're back up and running in a day which tada you are so you owe for that also mister I'm sure I don't know what you're name is. So it sounds like I have your ship and I'm on my way to you after saving it from pirates that were moving things all around and junk...you're welcome by the way. So I'll be expecting my 3000 cred when I pick you three up and we can really kinda figure out what we want to do with ourselves then what do you say?

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    It's just lies and fast talking and fast talking lies and trying not to freak out that no one is going to get on this ship with him lol

    Also just to explain the delay in posting. My family and I came down with a narly stomach flu so we've been in recovery mode for days. Just wanted to let you know I'm still here and into the game.

    Also if you have suggestions for how to handle this situation I'd take it. Honestly I'm nervous that I'm running towards a group of characters with a flaming bomb hoping someone will take the ride with me and everyone is just going to bolt like Trill did lol. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen although it would be funny.

    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zpaze wizardyz! Haha! Iz knewzy it-t-t-t! He says in mock amazement.

    He grabs the bottle back out his pack and pretend to cheers Eldritch.

    Ohhhh lightzy zwardz and ma'gic trickerz! Haha I knewz it Oh boyz oh boyz! You twozyz ara huffa'lingz ah datz zpize. But yahz are all 'opped upz 'onda goofballz! Oh yahz 'etting zall twinkly eyeded and frah'r-r-r-azzled brain-eded wit outta Yijz, poo Yijz... Allz aloney leftyz wit nutt'en butza pretty mizz bah'tol oh wizzzzz'key! Ohz wellz, weeee'll havta bez keep'n each oh-ther companyz...Mez ztickz tada ba'ooze.... Itz'oulda beenz nihz to at leazt offer zome doh...

    He shakes a finger at Zo disapprovingly as he finishes the bottle and tosses it into a recycler can.

    But-t-t-t......I'z nihz, Yijz bez da forgiven-lyz typa Gand.

    (Occ, phone got busted and work blocks this site so sorry I was awol but I'm back now)
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-03-27 at 06:57 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The Rodian sits up, then lets out a pained moan and lies back on the table. "What? How? How long was I out?" he babbles incoherently. He reaches his hand back up to his forehead and rubs it, then takes a number of deep breaths. "Trill offered you 2500 credits? What is that woman...?" he says. "And how did you get my ship from the spaceport? And what about the rest of the crew? What about Lodon? And pirates? In the spaceport? What about the Imps?" He takes several more long, heavy breaths. "My head hurts..." he mutters to himself.

    Meanwhile, a flashing light on the medical monitoring machine alerts Zo to the fact that the Rodian's life signatures are fluctuating wildly as he tries to think through his confusion.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Yepz, muztbe dat dru'gy zpiez. Muzta bez it-t-t... Why elze 'ould two upstandingz zitizenyz likez yo-zelvez be 'lwayz zoooo brah'ooke!!

    He chatters and chuckles at Zo.

    Yijz looks at the sickly Rodian, and the whole curfuffle about a stolen ship suddenly hits him.

    Whaaaaaaaa!!! Zhip yah zay? Rooooooo?!?!

    The Gand jolts outta the comfortable lean he had settled into. His eyes eager.

    Timez to hava funzy a lil bitz eh Rooo?!?!
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-03-28 at 05:54 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: check
    Show

    pilot check: 2eA+2eD 1 success

    I made it with 1 success!


    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Oh my gosh I'm so sorry everyone I totally forgot to take care of this. I'm just going to post the check so that we can move forward. Eldrith is coming for you all!
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    After a bit of maneuvering, Eldrith is able to set the shuttle down in the street without crushing any buildings or damaging the spacecraft, although the antigravity thrusters do knock over a dumpster as he tries to land. People on the street scatter as the former Imperial shuttle sets down in the street.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "I think we are having fun whether we like it or not Yijz, you old drunk. And I don't touch spice......any more."

    Zo grins, and goodhumouredly punches Yijz shoulder, a soft blow for him that nevertheless sends the Gand staggering a pace or two. If Yijz is feeling particularly observant, he will note the smile does not reach his eyes, and his crest flushes beneath his hood with false bravado. Zo then looks down at the Rodian.

    "Eldrith, your patient's a mite aggravated you took his ship. He's not looking so good. Is it safe to move him, or...will it be less safe for him to remain here?"

    Zo's eyes glaze over slightly as he reaches out to the Force, trying to get a glimpse of things to come.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Nice! @PetrifiedWalnut feel free to give Zo vague hints about events in his future, up to a day in advance. They can be whatever you like and as vague as you like

    Foresee Force roll: 1eF 1 Light Side



  17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The Rodian's life signatures are stabilizing again, although not as stable as they were. Being agitated over a long period probably won't be good for him, but he is in no immediate danger of going into cardiac arrest or another emergency health failure.

    Zo's sense of premonition tells him that a massive change in his life is imminent - no, has already happened, he just does not yet know it. No longer will he be the bouncer of this tavern. If he were to act, things might get back to the something resembling way that they were, but only should he act.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Whaaa-t-t-t-t iz dat?

    The noise of the ship throwing the dumpster aside unleashes a cacophony as it reverbereverberated through the walls.

    Oooo! 'Eh Funz 'ere me thinkz! Oh yeazzzzz.... Eh Eddy?!?

    He calls Edritch's name as he saunters out of the vast and into the alley to have a look.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-04-07 at 10:24 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Greeting Yijz' eyes is an Imperial Lambda-class shuttle - or, at least, that's what it would be, if it didn't have the black paint job over the hull which is itself rather scratched up. On the main dorsal fin of the ship he can see the Seinar company logo, itself heavily chipped and pitted. Neither the Empire nor Seinar would have one of their own ships kept in a condition like this, so whomever this ship belonged to most recently, the Rodian or somebody else, it wasn't either of the two organizations that laid claim to it.

    The wind of the thrusters is blowing over pieces of refuse all over the street, but then all is quiet. The ship lands in the impossibly narrow space. Either Eldrith is an excellent pilot that Yijz has never seen, or he got really lucky.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-04-08 at 03:45 PM. Reason: typo

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    .....'e'll I've certainly earneded myz name! Gollyz and geez oh, oh ,oh!! Whatza yoz doin Ed?!

    He walks up to the ship in the alley.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-04-08 at 09:42 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo sighs. "I was actually beginning to like it here..."

    He disappears out the door, before returning with a pack and a large cloth wrapped shield on his back that makes him look like an overgrown turtle. He looks down at the patient with a reassuring smile.

    "It's not safe here for now. Let me take you to your ship."

    Zo picks up the Rodian gently, one arm supporting his shoulders and the other under his legs at the knee before heading out through the club towards the exit.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The Rodian groans as Zo picks him up, but Zo does so with enough care that he isn't further injured. He doesn't seem to object, though, is kind of shell-shocked.

    The shuttle takes up much of the street, but Eldrith has managed to land it without any damage to the nearby buildings. Taking off again might be another matter, but Zo is able to get the Rodian up the ramp without incident. There is still no sign of the Imperial or any other kind of authorities.

    Suddenly, as Zo gets onto the shuttle deck, the Rodian is looking around. "Who else made it? Is Captain Lodon here? Where is Trill?" he asks.


    EDIT: Where do you plan on taking the ship now? You will have to land it somewhere inside of the city if you intend to conceal it from Imperials if they are following you. So far you haven't seen that, but...
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-04-12 at 09:18 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith hears all the questions coming his way. Karabast what why did he do that?!?

    His chest rises and falls a heavily as he centers himself and swipes away thoughts of things he couldn't change. He had stolen the shuttle, he had brought it here, and there was not changing that.

    Stars! There's another one of you out there? I never saw this Captain London but you better hope he wasn't back with the imps at the hanger. Trill's in the wind as far as I"m concerned she grabbed lord knows what from a container and ran.

    Give me a second, give me a second to think!


    He counts backwards from 5 breathing out allowing himself 5 breathes of panic and then no more. 4; the panic leaves him, 3; his mind clears, 2; he resolves himself, 1; his eyes open and his ready to do what he has to.

    What he has to do is figure out how he's going to get past the imperials and get this thing to Ganst to sell. Right now it's 3 to 1 if he can get the others on his side but that was guaranteed.

    Eldrith racks his mind thinking through all the scum and sleemos that had come through his clinic trying to remember one that could help him hide the ship or one that owes him a favor.

    Spoiler: occ
    Show

    I'm not sure if I need to roll to recall anyone in the city that I might have helped in the past that could help us out. Eldrith does have contacts in the underworld but I don't have anyone fleshed out. I'm looking for like someone that would have a warehouse or smugglers that owe me a favor?

    Is that possible?
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-04-12 at 12:04 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: GM rulings
    Show
    Time to make a destiny pool. I rolled the following: {2 light} {1 dark} {2 dark}. I will allow you guys to re-roll if you so choose.

    Regarding cybric's request, here's my answer: if you spend a destiny point, you can add a criminal contact who owes Eldrith a favor, and you can store the ship while you go and find and negotiate with Gragst.

    If you do not spend a destiny point, I will create one who does not owe Eldrith a favor; instead, he will want a share of the proceeds for selling the ship. You will need to negotiate a deal with Gragst that gets you some money as well as pays off your debt. You'll need persuasion skills and roleplaying to make this happen, but it should be possible (after all, it's a starship, so it's worth a lot of money!).


    The Rodian groans as Zo sets him down. "Why would Trill bring me to a clinic, then split?" he mutters. "What is that woman doing?"

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    Spoiler: GM rulings
    Show
    Time to make a destiny pool. I rolled the following: {2 light} {1 dark} {2 dark}. I will allow you guys to re-roll if you so choose.

    Regarding cybric's request, here's my answer: if you spend a destiny point, you can add a criminal contact who owes Eldrith a favor, and you can store the ship while you go and find and negotiate with Gragst.

    If you do not spend a destiny point, I will create one who does not owe Eldrith a favor; instead, he will want a share of the proceeds for selling the ship. You will need to negotiate a deal with Gragst that gets you some money as well as pays off your debt. You'll need persuasion skills and roleplaying to make this happen, but it should be possible (after all, it's a starship, so it's worth a lot of money!).


    The Rodian groans as Zo sets him down. "Why would Trill bring me to a clinic, then split?" he mutters. "What is that woman doing?"
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    I will chose to spend a destiny point to have a contact that owes me.

    I'm assuming I probably want to use the light side since the light is good but I'm not sure what the pros and cons are. I've never had a EotE game last this long so I'm A) not sure how that works b) super excited.

    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Quote Originally Posted by cybric View Post
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    I will chose to spend a destiny point to have a contact that owes me.

    I'm assuming I probably want to use the light side since the light is good but I'm not sure what the pros and cons are. I've never had a EotE game last this long so I'm A) not sure how that works b) super excited.

    Zo lets out a low hum as he thinks.

    "She went out with Eldrith, but I don't see her in the ship. Eldrith, where is Trill?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    We can use the light side ones, then they flip to dark side. The DM can use those to make ability checks more difficult, or introduce complications.

    We can use them to declare things about the world, like you having a contact who owes you a favour, or to improve the dice we use to carry out a check.
    Last edited by Rattigan; 2017-04-13 at 01:18 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The name of a Lasat, Hazabar, comes to Eldrith's mind. Eldrith did emergency work on Hazabar's sister when she was in a speeder bike accident a year ago. Hazabar did pay him, but didn't have the money at the time as he, too, had to pay off Gragst for his own debts. That was before an incident where Hazabar went missing for two months after an attempt on the infamous Kessel Run with one of his smuggler accomplices, a Wookie by the name of Therakbu, but word though the vine was that Hazabar was back in town again. Who knows, Hazabar - or Therakbu - might even want to buy the ship, which would enable Eldrith to pay off Gragst in cash instead of bartering a possibly wanted starship.

    Hazabar last had a warehouse on the southeast side of the city, just inside of the shantytown that surrounds the more urban area. Shantytowns like that were always dangerous places, but Vorn Kaidus was fine with them as long as they didn't upset business too much, and they were cheap housing for lots of laborers. The Empire has a reputation of clamping its foot down on such settlements, so who knows how long they're going to still be there. But then, the Empire's sudden appearance on Sidarin has not been in the Empire's usual style with fleets of star destroyers appearing out of hyperspace - it's almost like they've been here for a while but were just lying low until now.

    Nonetheless, Eldrith is able to arrive without incident, enters through the warehouse's loading dock. A half dozen armed Gammoreans come out to meet you in front of the landing pad as they recognize the ship as a Lambda-class shuttle. They have their weapons in hand, but are looking apprehensive and uncertain of your intentions. Suddenly Hazabar's sister, Tigozan, comes out of a little office space armed with an electrostaff. The Gammoreans rally around her.

    Meanwhile, in the makeshift bunk where Zo has set up the Rodian, the enigmatic spacer is starting to sit up, although blearily and unable to walk still. "Now where are we?" he asks.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-04-14 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Rattigan's post, then typo

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan View Post
    Zo lets out a low hum as he thinks.

    "She went out with Eldrith, but I don't see her in the ship. Eldrith, where is Trill?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    We can use the light side ones, then they flip to dark side. The DM can use those to make ability checks more difficult, or introduce complications.

    We can use them to declare things about the world, like you having a contact who owes you a favour, or to improve the dice we use to carry out a check.
    looking over his shoulder as he finishes landing Eldrith says "I'm not sure where she went off to. I offered for her to come along for the ride on the ship but she decided that she was going to grab some weird fruit or piece of something from one of the crates. It looked like a secret compartment type deal. After she had what she needed so took off without me and I took the ship. If I'm being frank she didn't give me a good reason not to take it other than "Oh no you might get caught and Oh no the imperials are going to get you" blah blah. You keep asking about her but don't you have a way of getting in touch with her? Actually now that I think about it I don't know our Rodian friends name even though I SAVED his life." Eldrith puts heavy emphasis on the saved part of that sentence to drive home that the Rodian owes him.

    Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    The name of a Lasat, Hazabar, comes to Eldrith's mind. Eldrith did emergency work on Habatz' sister when she was in a speeder bike accident a year ago. Hazabar did pay him, but didn't have the money at the time as he, too, had to pay off Gragst for his own debts. That was before an incident where Hazabar went missing for two months after an attempt on the infamous Kessel Run with one of his smuggler accomplices, a Wookie by the name of Therakbu, but word though the vine was that Hazabar was back in town again. Who knows, Hazabar - or Therakbu - might even want to buy the ship, which would enable Eldrith to pay of Gragst in cash instead of bartering a possibly wanted starship.

    Hazabar last had a warehouse on the southeast side of the city, just inside of the shantytown that surrounds the more urban area. Shantytowns like that were always dangerous places, but Vorn Kaidus was fine with them as long as they didn't upset business too much, and they were cheap housing for lots of laborers. The Empire has a reputation of clamping its foot down on such settlements, so who knows how long they're going to still be there. But then, the Empire's sudden appearance on Sidarin has not been in the Empire's usual style with fleets of star destroyers appearing out of hyperspace - it's almost like they've been here for a while but were just lying low until now.

    Nonetheless, Eldrith is able to arrive without incident, enters through the warehouse's loading dock. A half dozen armed Gammoreans come out to meet you in front of the landing pad as they recognize the ship. They have their weapons in hand, but are looking apprehensive and uncertain of your intentions. Suddenly a Hazabar's sister, Tigozan, comes out of a little office space armed with an electrostaff. The Gammoreans rally around her.

    Meanwhile, in the makeshift bunk where the Zo has set up the Rodian, the enigmatic spacer is starting to sit up, although blearily and unable to walk still. "Now where are we?" he asks.
    As Eldrith finishes landing he swivels around and faces the Rodian. "At a friends place. I've got a Lasat that owes me a favor."

    Eldrith leans in to the Rodian but well out of arms reach.

    "Listen friend this isn't anything personal but I owe to a mean, incredible mean, loan shark. If I don't square my debt he's going to come after me and my clinic which is located in my friends bar so we're all pretty invested in taking care of this."
    as he says the last part he looks in turn to both of his compatriots and then turns back to the Rodian.

    "So in order to keep us all safe and happy I need to sell your ship. I've got a pretty good idea what I can get for it, you can barely walk let alone fight, we have you outnumbered and the burly and dangerous female lasat outside will be on my side so I'm pretty much set to go here. Now, now the opportunity that you have here is to try and convince me why I shouldn't just go through with my plan." Eldrith shoots the Rodian a mischievous sly smile "if you were ever going to spill everything now would be the time. What kind of operation are you running here and why does it look like my friends already recognize this ship?"
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-04-14 at 12:52 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The Rodian groans, listening to Eldrith's exasperated answer. It's not my ship. It's Lodon's ship," he says grimly. He takes a few breaths, while lying on the bunk that Zo managed to find for him. He pauses. "Look, I don't know who else is alive, but I can tell you Trill's not joking about danger," he continues. "The Imps at the starport are led by a floppy-eared alien woman with what the Anx here tells me was a lightsaber. I don't know why she wanted to kill everyone in the spaceport, but that seemed to be her plan. Guess she wasn't totally successful, if Trill lived to get me out.

    "I don't know why those fruit are worth so much to Trill, but I can tell you where she's going with them. There is a farmer guy named Pisarckh she was taking fruit to. Look, I don't know what she told you, and she's got secrets she didn't tell us. But it doesn't add up, her just running away, after she brought me to you. And, gotta be honest, 'friend', if Lodon is still alive, let's just say he's gonna want his ship back.

    "Wait... did you say Lasat?"


    Tigozan and her goons move around to the back and underneath the shuttle, around where the landing ramp would come down. They're obviously waiting for you.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-04-14 at 05:28 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eeeh... ah guyzzzz, um youz 'ight-t-t 'anna looooook outzide...

    He gestures out a window at the assembling gang.

    Lookzee Iz don't-t-t 'anna bez da Gand to breakz up youzezzz
    lovelyz con-verz-ing andz the barter-zing andz the-likez... Butz me thinkz that-t-t tah mightza bez no goodz, all-ah doz feelerz gathering aroundz downz wherez wez zupooz-da exzit... No-goodz, noz noz! Bhaaat that-t-tzzz juzt a 'umble Gand'z op-pin-yun-n-n-n...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •