New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

You could have told me the heirloom was some of the best armor made geez ha.

Eldrith laughs a little under his breath.

Ok, do you know where the impound is? With our friend here's access we'll have a much easier time like you said.

Zo, can fill in Tenga and our friend on Trill and her farm?

Eldrith looks over to the troopers and the officers. We should also strip them down while they're out. We need their hear a lot more than they do. Also if I had a second I can see about whipping up a truth serum or something to make our friend here a bit more friendly and compliment to us
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Ye, I have a general idea where it is, we all do. If we get stuck, we just ask Imp offi here." He thumbs towards the officer

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Looks down at the imps..and then back to the group "Well..I could try and install a bomb insid each of them. Have them walk in and retrive said armor for you...if not, they die. Simple I suppose"

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith was fast losing track of when the chiss was serious or not but couldn't help smirking at the radical idea.

You know what tiger let's start by getting the gear and armor off these guys before they wake up so give me a hand will ya

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

5. - Top - End - #875

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Armour won't help if you get shot up on the way in by a hundred blasters. But sure, why not. We've already taken on an armada!"

Zo is sounding close to hysterical, then takes a few moments to centre himself.

"If you're determined to poke the Krayt Dragon, we'll need backup. Tigozan and Hazibar might have some ideas or resources we could use to maybe get in and out alive."

He sighs.

"Force willing we might also be able to help those who were also unjustly imprisoned."

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith seeing how frantic Zo is getting and how many colors are showing on his Crest takes a moment to reconsider and think for a second as he might have missed something if he's more calm than Zo

He has the officers trousers half off when he turns to Cort and says "wait I thought the armor was going to be discarded and easy to get why is the big guy getting worried? I get worried when he gets worried"

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #877
    Orc in the Playground

Zo are wez donez talkzingz zabout-t-t-t i-t-t-t? Or we gonna just wait for more impziez?

8. - Top - End - #878
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Mandalorian armor is high-quality stuff," Tenga suggests. "They might not just discard it, too. I think sneaking in with disguises would be the best way to get at something that has been just discarded. They won't be keeping trash under security. But what if some officer has a private collection?"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    You talked to Tigozan and Hazabar two days ago while you were escaping from Sidarin, after Nodoa hacked into the Imperial communications. Using your previous hack, you could do so again - if, that is, the Imps haven't found it and undone it, in which case they could listen in. To avoid that danger, you would need to establish a new hack. Up to you what to do, of course!

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa looks around "I dont I would fit in amongst Imperials. Im far to emotional." She says, deadpan "Thats was a joke. I do them on occasion. But, Armor or not, it would be best to get to the ship. i expect Hazabar or Tenga has somewhere we can properly prepare, yes?"

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Agreed we cant let a loose cannon like Nodea near the imps. Lord knows what she'd do to them.

Yeah, I agree that we should get in touch with Tiz and Haz.

And I've got more than enough supplies for a disguise
    In fact I bet I could even make myself look like this guy here

Nodea, can you get us in touch with our friends?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

11. - Top - End - #881

Spoiler: Big OOC reminder
    Show
    I am putting this here because it seems like nobody is checking the OOC thread. You need to do this! The OOC thread has notes about what is going on that don't fit into the narrative, but are important for running the game.

For example, at the moment, we have been waiting on Shadowflick for several days, to the point where I considered Shadowflick to be AWOL. Now, it seems like you are all AWOL, but I suspect that it's really because you aren't reading the OOC thread. Read it. Keeping up with the OOC thread is as important in actually playing the game as the IC thread!

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa starts tapping away at her Dat paad. She had used this to broadcast her own voice once already, hus it could have been picked up on already, still, she tries

13. - Top - End - #883

Being this low and on an open plain, Nodoa needs the ship to fly before she can get radio reception. She does, and activates her program. At first, she gets into the network, and then, just as suddenly, it locks her out. Apparently, that bug was found and compromised. At that moment, the ship's passive scanners register a radar pinging the ship. They're being tracked!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Flipped a destiny point from dark to light

Let's have some fun - Nodoa can try to establish a new, different link, Eldrith can maybe jam the signal, and Yijz can do some fancy flying - or something!

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa hates it when good work goes to waste. SHe takes her datapad and gets to work attempting to find another way into the Imperial communications and tap into there wires. Besides, f there being tracke,d might as well see what there saying

Spoiler: ROlls
    Show

: 2eP+2eA 2 successes, 4 advantage

15. - Top - End - #885

The Imps have upped their security since last time, but it still is not enough to defeat Nodoa's attempts to hack in. They left the satellite uplink wide open! Well, a less competent computerist might have a hard time, but not someone with the brainpower that Nodoa has...

...the Imps are talking about the group of pirates that hid out somewhere else after breaking into their comms system. They seem unclear as to whether you are pirates, rebels, or both. They have concluded that you are still working with someone on Sidarin, but are hoping to catch you first and have detailed a small squad of TIEs to track you down.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    3 difficulty dice => two threat
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2019-02-17 at 01:07 PM.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Orc in the Playground

Zhouldz wez bez not tryzingz tooz bez foundz? Cuz wez might-t-t-t wantz to bez zkadattlezingzez?

17. - Top - End - #887

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo had been reading over Nodoa's shoulder, and his eyes widen.

"We need to get out of here. Yijz, do what you can to break the lock! Fly as low as you can!"

Zo straightens, pointing to people as he speaks to them.

"Cort, you seem like you'd be handy with a ship turret. Think you could man it if we can't shake those TIEs?"

He places a large hand on Tenga's shoulder.

"Do you have somewhere we could hide out if we shake 'em, till we can meet up with the others?"

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa gets to work. A Tie squadron trying to hnt them down? Might as well do her part to get rid of them. She starts trying to splice intot here radio transmistions in order to jam it. No new reports comming in means it will be harder for them to be able to track them..hopefully

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show

: 2eP+2eA 3 successes, 4 advantage

19. - Top - End - #889

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gaak, sorry I thought I replied yesterday

Yijz takes the ship low and over the desert. Being out of sight of Imperial radars also means being unable to tell where the Imps are either, of course, but Nodoa is able to get in and slice their comms before losing contact.

Tenga sways around as Yijz flying maneuvers buffet her, but eventually she answers "Nothing that the Imps wouldn't know about already. I think they planned to find me," she answers Zo. "Nothing like what Hazabar set you up with, anyway."

Time passes, when Tenga finally says "Sorry. I know I've seen that pirate Admiral before, but I can't place where. I do know a place we could hold up. There isn't much there, but it's out of radio contact and they can't scan us. We could then go to a town again, like you did at the place Hazabar sent us."

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa listens in, tapping away at her datapad "I've spliced into there communications. We could lead them away if one of us can emulate an Imperial officer's voice we might be able to send them off."

21. - Top - End - #891

SamuraiGuy

The Mandalorian taps on his chest "Sometimes armour has more purpose than stopping blasta fire"

He looks over to the turret pit "I served as a foot soldier, mate, but I never shy away from sticking it to the enemy" He starts to take his place on any available turrets.
    Last edited by Idares; 2019-02-25 at 03:56 PM.

22. - Top - End - #892

OrcBarbarianGuy

"My voice is a bit too distinctive for me to pose as one. Eldrith has a good posh voice though. Might work."

Zo unwraps his shield and begins cleaning it, seemingly as a way to keep his hands busy.

"Let's find another hideaway and then pop a call through to our allies. It's the safest bet."

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith had been searching through the officers effects looking for any kind of ID or serial number he could use when speaking with the squadron to lend authority

Yeah, I'm on it on I'm on it. This imps got to have an id somewhere here now where did you put it you imp bastard

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #894

SamuraiGuy

Cort nods his head and starts the compare sizes with the stormtrooper armours they confiscated.

25. - Top - End - #895

The ship is fast, and Yijz flies low. Using only passive sensors and the ship's navigation computer, Nodoa occasionally detects other spacecraft, some of them Imperial, no doubt on the lookout for them. Heart-pounding minutes follow each such detection, but as the hours pass, no ships change course to intercept.

While Yijz weaves the ship through winding canyons, passes between hills, and between monstrous dunes, Eldrith and the others search the confiscated armor of the soldiers from the warehouse, including a few trophies from the dead soldiers. They have ID numbers, but Tenga points out that the Imperials may be looking for those specific ID numbers since they are known to be compromised. Maybe Nodoa will be able to add some fake ID numbers to the system later when they re-establish radio contact.

The sun is sinking below the horizon as the ship arrives in the secluded rocky mountains that had been picked out as a place to land. Linko Sorisa is about two hundred kilometers away, to the northwest, and the prison where Cort and Nodoa were being taken is two hundred to the northeast. More settlements, smaller, are to the south, but they could be reached.

When will our heroes make their move?

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa rests for now. It seems the combination of radio jamming and good flying seems to have freed them from the attention of the imperials "Well. As we decide, allow mem to see these ID numbers. I may be able to alter them slightly when we get back to civilization. I suggest we make our way to Linko Sorisa. I doubt at our current state we can aquire your armor. As well, It could give me time to try and install this weapon on the ship...perhaps even get some time for my own creative devices"

27. - Top - End - #897

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflick View Post
    Nodoa rests for now. It seems the combination of radio jamming and good flying seems to have freed them from the attention of the imperials "Well. As we decide, allow mem to see these ID numbers. I may be able to alter them slightly when we get back to civilization. I suggest we make our way to Linko Sorisa. I doubt at our current state we can aquire your armor. As well, It could give me time to try and install this weapon on the ship...perhaps even get some time for my own creative devices"
    "I'm heading to one of the small settlements to the south so we can resupply and get word to our friends from a public terminal. If anyone wants to come feel free to. Tenga, can you stay with the ship in case we need to make another quick escape? I'll try to find out what's happened with the Blue Milk Jugs bar."

Zo will head out of the ship to the nearest settlement, making sure all his weapons are either concealed, or in the case of his shield wrapped in fabric and stowed on his back.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Orc in the Playground

Eh whaaz? Barz? I'llz bez joiningz youz...

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith tags with Zo. He needed some supplies and had some ideas for mods that hopefully tiger could help him with.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #900

It takes a few hours' journey to get to the nearest settlement - you are somewhat tired by the end of the trip, having had to walk there on foot as there are not enough speeders to carry you after having bartered the rest to the pirates.

This settlement appears to be a mining town, as indicated on the map, but it looks like they have been mining common ores, none of the expensive stuff that the founders of the Sidarin planetary community (or the Empire, for that matter) would be particularly interested in, but still useful.

The town does have what you need, however: a comms tower attached to a small café with terminals for public access. The Imps have clearly been here: a recently-posted sign on the computer room provides the list of rules and regulations that the Imperial holonet uses, but it does not look as if anybody is actively patrolling. Perhaps the Empire doesn't have the manpower to be everywhere on Sidarin at once. Needless to say, the people at the terminals are doing things that the Empire wouldn't want them to do, but minor crimes, for the most part.