Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 931 to 960 of 1026
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "Hopefully she will be occupied there for some time. The pirates seemed very organised and there were a lot more of them than I was expecting. We lead them a merry chase all around the planet with sensor ghosts created by Nodoa."

    Zo chuckles as he remembers the escape, able to look back and see the funny side now the stress of the moment has passed.

    "The pirate admiral seemed really familiar, but I just couldn't place him."

    He settles down on the floor, laying the shield down next to him with a soft clunk. His head is still nearly level with some of the shorter individuals.

    "So, where exactly are we headed on this "venture" then?"

  2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Cort leans against the wall of the cart "Yeah. Since our escape off the prisoner trains we have been hanging around with these young fellows. A mighty eventful trip so fa, I have to say. I first have to close a deal I made with a local. It involves taking back what is mine and little bit more. Some kinda collecta of Mando arma.

    After that, there is a big piece of weaponry that my Clan needs, but havn't discussed it yet with my mates here."
    Last edited by Idares; 2019-06-17 at 01:17 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #933
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "Pirate admiral?" Trill says, looking at Hazabar, who furrows his brow. "I have a sense of dread hearing that title. Maybe sending the Inquisition their way was a good thing to do, after all..." she continues.

    The three of them let Zo continue, and then Cort again mentions his Clan, and "Mando arma". All three of them raise their eyebrows slightly, but Trill is the only one who visibly smiles slightly. After Nodoa, Zo, and Cort have said their pieces, Trill sighs, reaches into her fatigue shirt, and pulls out a sheet of paper, and then unfolds it on the floor, revealing a pattern of dark disks and grayish blotches. As she does this, Tigozan explains "We aren't completely sure, but we did see a place on old satellite footage that has rock formations that look somewhat like that, so we're guessing it's a match. We'd hoped you might have found something while you were waiting to meet up, but I guess this is our best lead."

    "As for what awaits us there, you know almost as much as I do, now," Trill says. "The rest of you," she says, looking at Cort and then at Nodoa, "I'll fill you in on the details I've pieced together." She pauses before drawing a deep breath. "I found this map in an abandoned clone base. Supposedly, it is a farm operated by a farmer who can grow anything, and I am looking for it because I'm trying to fight a famine on Ryloth and other outer rim worlds. If I could learn the secret, I could help people grow Kashyyk papayas, which may soon be extinct because of the Empire's plantations on their world. This would both save the species and end the famine, or so I would hope anyway. That was before this Inquisitor showed up."

    "We know now that the Inquisitor came here to Sidarin looking for something, and she said that you were going to lead her to what she came looking for. Moreover, one among us sensed that this map is important when he saw it, but was tight-lipped about why. I think that it is reasonable to surmise at this point that the farmer's secret, whatever it is, has to do with the Force somehow, the very same Force that the Inquisitors use and that the Jedi used. Furthermore, some event that has taken place at the farm - or that will take place there - is the very reason why the Inquisitor came to Sidarin, and what she expected you to lead her to."

    Trill then relaxes her muscles a bit as she leans back. "I'm afraid that you know as much as I do about what this event is, or why it is so important, but I doubt I need to convince you that if the Inquisition wants it, then we want them to not find it," she says at last.

    "If it is the location we found, then flying there will take a number of hours. It's half of the way around Sidarin, way out in the middle of nowhere," Tigozan adds.

    "From what Trill has told us," Hazabar says darkly, "I just hope that us going there won't lead this Inquisitor back to Sidarin, but it seems like a risk we have to take, unfortunately."


    Spoiler: Trill's map
    Show
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2019-06-18 at 11:35 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #934
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "Well then, we'll have to do all we can to get there before she gets back!"


    Zo had tensed when Trill mentioned his hunch about the map, but relaxed when the topic moved on.

    "We can't really go back to our old lives after what happened, so I for one feel we should go to this place. Anything we can do to help those in need, I want to do."

  5. - Top - End - #935
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa...cant help but feel interested. A Farm that can grow anything? Ignoring the rules of climate or soil quality is quite the find? but to waste it on..papyas? There's so much more such a thing could be used for! owever..this is a question for another time. Speaking against them now may not be for the best.

    "Hmm. This is quite the discovery I must say. However, if we want to stop the Inquisitor from finding the map...why not simply release it to the public? A Fake one. Posted as a tip to a public forum for treasure hunters and the like. Send any chasing the lead into an Imperial trap made for us."

  6. - Top - End - #936
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Tigozan hesitates while Nodoa asks her question, and Trill looks at Zo almost as if she knew what his response would be. Finally, Hazabar answers Nodoa "Seems to me we could make a fake map pretty quickly, but I'm not sure what information to give with it that would be an effective lure. I mean, mentioning that it's a farm like what Trill's story describes, but with a fake map, seems to me would lead the Inquisitor back to Sidarin, wouldn't it?"

    "Also," Trill says, "I'm not sure the Inquisitor even knows about the map, yet. She knows about you. That's why I suggest you lead her to those pirates,"

    "So, as I understand it," Tigozan suggests, "this Inquisitor is currently distracted by the pirates that you led her to, because she knew you would lead her to something. Seems to me we have two strategies. The simple one is we just get to the farm, do whatever we are going to do there, and get away from the place before she gets back from dealing with the pirates. We could also set a ruse... but since we have a ruse already going, we don't want to sabotage our existing ruse. I'm open to ideas on how to make another ruse without sabotaging our current ruse, but can't think of any myself."

    "Also of concern: if the Inquisitor does return to Sidarin soon, she's going to know that we just played a trick on her and will probably expect us to try to trick her again. It might not be so easy to get her to take the bait, especially if she can use this Force to foresee which ruse is a ruse and which is not," Hazabar adds.

  7. - Top - End - #937
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Cort listens intently with his arms folded leaning against the cart wall with one foot up against the same wall. "Well this is all nice end dandy, but we were busy getten to a debt I owe to a new friend end my Clan. Look, I need all the help I can get to get my things beck end you need all the help you can get from me." He pushes off the wall and walks to where the map is. "Let's just get my things first end then you have my help in what you need done, yeah?"

  8. - Top - End - #938
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "The longer we wait, the more chance the Inquisitor comes back and we all wind up in the bantha pudu!"

    Zo had stood up straight so quickly he banged his head on the ceiling, before resuming his normal half-stooped posture. He gestures with expressive hands as he speaks, pointing at Cort as he addresses him. His voice becomes louder the longer he speaks, as he gets more animated.

    "Look...I understand your worry Cort. There are things that if I lost I'd feel like I lost a part of myself. But getting your things back from the Empire sounds like something that could spiral out of control into something bigger and more timeconsuming than even we could plan for, and time is of the essence here."

    He makes a sweeping gesture that takes in the rest of the gathered fugitives from the Empire

    "If we delay, we put not only all of us at risk of being traced by the Inquisitor, but also Trill's plans, whoever is at this farm, and the untold number of people who could be saved from starvation if the farm does what she hopes it will!"

    Zo takes a few steps closer to Cort, his voice becoming quiet and shaking a little with suppressed emotion as his crest flushes with colour.

    "So I understand your loss. I will do all I can to help you get them back. But if you are still so selfish that you insist we drop everything to help you stick it to the Empire and retrieve the items they confiscated from you before all else, then we are going to have a problem."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Sorry, for some reason I've been having some problems logging in to GITP, so I could see what was being posted but couldn't respond.

    Have sorted those out now.

    DRAMAAAAA!


  9. - Top - End - #939
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I was hoping that Idares would post, since I don't know what to say with the two of your characters disagreeing...


    Tigozan looks back and forth between Zo and Cort, and Trill noticeably inhales with angst when Zo's reverberating voice mentions a problem. After a silence when no one speaks, Hazabar says "If it's Mandalorian armor you're after, and you know who took it, I'm pretty sure we could track it down," he says.

    "Not if this collector is going to sell it, but, well, Mando armor on display is almost asking for trouble. Most Mando gear you see on display is fake," Tigozan remarks. "I'd assume a real Mandalorian could tell the difference."

    "If the Inquisitor were after your armor, she would have it already," Trill says. She then looks at Hazabar. "Could we put a watch or something to track the holder of that gear, see if he goes off-world? I get the impression that the Imperials aren't looking to leave Sidarin until they're satisfied they've found what they want, and that probably won't be until after the Inquisitor comes back from her wild pirate chase."

  10. - Top - End - #940
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa looks about the group. Mandolorian armor is interesting, there is no doubt...but to her, this farm was of the upmost interest. "We should just go to this farm. I doubt that the Inquisitor is much of a farmer...Would she even know that this place is important to her at all? After all, i doubt the Empire is sending a top agent to investigate papayas. If we are going to be looking for apparent 'force' artifacts, I had seen an intresting piece of equipment in the town prior. I had heard rumors of it, but doubted it's existence. Some sort of device teh Jedi used to use to detect if someone was force sensitive or not."

  11. - Top - End - #941
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    At the mention of a device that can identify Force-sensitives, Hazabar looks at Trill who makes an expression of ignorance. Nodoa recalls that the device requires a blood sample from the person to be tested, so it will not work on nonliving artifacts - unless the artifacts have blood, of course.

    "Well, fable has it that some who use the Force can sense important events in the future without knowing their nature, and seeing as the Inquisitor wanted to track you, I feel that it is safe to assume that our Inquisitor has this power," Trill explains. "That means that it is very possible that she knows even less than we do about this 'farm' - only that there is something here on Sidarin that is of sufficient import to warrant her attention. After all, if she knew where it was, then she wouldn't need you to lead her there. She may not even know that it is a farm... if, indeed, it is a farm, and we, too, are not mistaken as to its true nature."


    Spoiler: Semi-OOC
    Show
    Trill's guesses are correct: if you were to go to the trouble of decrypting all of the files that Nodoa lifted off of the Fourth Sister's flight computer, you would learn that the Fourth Sister felt a tremor in the Force that led her to Sidarin, and came in search of the cause. She does not know what the cause is, although seeing you (OOC: Zo) clued her in that you were related to the cause and were going to lead her to it. I'm telling you this now because you have all of the information you need and had plenty of downtime to figure it out.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2019-07-10 at 02:45 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #942
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "Let's put a watch on the armour and move as quick as possible."

    Zo backs off from Cort and walks to the edge of the container, by the door.

    "We'll head back to our ship and join with yours to head to this farm place."

    He looks over to Cort.

    "Then I promise I'll do what I can to help you try and get your armour back."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Unless anything else is said, Zo will start getting everyone back so they can head to the farm.

  13. - Top - End - #943
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa starts to make her way to the ship "I'll be trying to obtain samples from this farm. Perhaps there is something to be learned."

  14. - Top - End - #944
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    In a minute or two, the train slows to a stop near a rock outcrop. Hazabar and Tigozan lead their five guests out of the train and around the side of the giant boulders of the outcrop to a secluded alcove, where lies a small, but well-armed freighter like a smuggler would use, in principle not unlike the ship that Eldrith stole, in fact, although a different class and not a repurposed Imperial troop shuttle.

    Inside, Hazabar and Trill sit down at the controls and the ship lifts off, and in a few minutes are back to the stolen ship, with Zo's and Nodoa's guidance. Eldrith is happy to see Hazabar and Tigozan again, although his suspicious, profit-motivated personality continues to render him incredulous of what they are really going to.

    After Trill gracefully sets the ship down, Hazabar turns to Zo and Nodoa. "And, back to your ship. Ya know, it occurs to me that since we have two ships, some of you could go looking for the armor while the rest of us go to this mysterious and oh-so-important 'farm'. You people wanna ride with Tiz and I, or do you want to take your own ship in case you need to beat it somewhere fast?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    We've accumulated a number of NPCs and former PCs. By splitting us up on different ships, we could trim the party down to what is strictly necessary for NPCs and current PCs, but that would mean potentially giving up a rather valuable piece of 'loot' (admittedly one looted by a now-abandoned PC). Let me know your opinion, and then it's time to get to the farm.

  15. - Top - End - #945
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    After a bit of discussion, it is agreed that Hazabar and Tigozan will take Trill, Zo, and Nodoa to the farm, while the others will embark on their quest to rescue Cort's armor. As everybody is getting set ready, Eldrith pulls Zo aside and whispers to him "Be careful, Zo. I don't know what Trill is planning, but she's got motives of her own. People don't just run across the galaxy risking life and limb to help people they don't know without some reason to. At least I'm glad she can't run off with our ship!"

    After brief good-byes, the two ships lift off, with Hazabar plotting a course and Trill flying. The course passes over Sidarin's southern pole, and for many, many hours flying over flat, rocky plains with roving fields of dunes, and then stretches of ocean, the ship is illuminated by an almost eerie twilight from the low-angle sun and Sidarin's slight axial tilt. For the moment, no Imperial patrols seem to have found them, but Trill makes sure to fly low in order to keep the ship difficult to see for radars. Although she needs to be in the pilot's chair in case enemies are sighted, often times Trill can take her eyes off of the horizon and glance at the terrain that she is guiding the ship through. "Sidarin has plenty of water; I wonder why it's so barren," she says aloud.

    "Poor soils," Tigozan replies. "I don't suppose this farmer's secret is just a ready supply of phosphorous," she adds.

    "I can't imagine anything that simple would get the Empire's attention," Hazabar says. "Back in the Clone Wars, the Imps - er - Rebublic used phosphorous as a weapon, apparently."

    In the twilight of the low sun, light reflecting off of the barren hills and casting long shadows across lifeless plains, a palpable sense of gravitas begins to seep across the ship. Zo feels it first, but even Nodoa begins to feel pangs of something before long. "I feel like we're in some fairy tale," Tigozan comments quietly. It's soft, but Trill can still hear it, and says, just as softly, "We are."

    The ship continues flying, until, slowly, the lifeless mesas and hills are dusted with white. Soon, even the dunes are covered in snow. It looks the same as everywhere else on Sidarin, but instead of shades of brown, everything is white. Tigozan dims the window coverings to limit the glare on people's eyes. In the distance, a featureless expanse of white opens up as the planet's southern ice shelf comes into view. "We're going to be easy to spot flying over the polar cap," Hazabar comments. "Think we should change course and fly around it?"

    "It'd take us longer," Trill replies. "But we may never get there if there are patrols looking for us," she adds.

    "Landing and waiting for nightfall will do us no good," Hazabar says. "Our ship is warmer than the exterior, and the TIEs do have infrared scanners."

    Tigozan glances back at Zo, then at Nodoa. Two guards stand nonchalantly in the back, probably not fully understanding where they are heading, but even they almost seem to be holding their breath with the growing sense of gravity amongst them. Suddenly, Trill announces "I've got radar contacts. Can't tell how many, but looks like one of those TIE patrols. I could dodge them, but it'll be an hour out of our way, at least. Can you get any idea on whether we need to?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Nodoa can try to hack communications, Zo can Foresee - you may be able to think of other things, too. I'm also pausing to give you time to raise any discussion topics you might want to (for example I know Eldrith would want to know more of Trill's motivation and backstory, and Zo might actually be able to get it out of her )

  16. - Top - End - #946
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa feels her eye twitch. Fairy Tales. Ridiculous. This is no fairy tale, this is simply their own reality. This odd feeling coming over them though? It is a mystery. A Combination of anxiousness and excitement. like cracking the code to a well secured console, or discovering the latest medical secret. THe Chiss doctor listens in to the conversation, arguing the logistics of there situation. Tie patrols moving over the land and whatnot. They were obstacles, all in her way of discovery.


    "Allow me to jam their signals. There's little reason to waste time.

    Spoiler: Rolls for Computer!
    Show

    : 2eP+2eA 2 successes, 4 advantage




  17. - Top - End - #947
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo has been sitting, eyes shut meditating in the back behind Trill, reaching for any insights he could while keeping an ear on the conversations.

    He cracks open one eye and holds up a finger.

    "Right. In order, I don't think his secret is phosphorous."

    He holds up another finger.

    "I'd be very curious to know how you know about," He pauses to smile at Trill to show there's nothing malicious in the question, "fairy tales. I'd love to hear more when we lose our followers, if you're willing."

    He holds up a third.

    "Nobody goes to the polar cap. We'll stand out like a five horned bantha if we go over it. We should go around."


    Finally the fourth and final finger.

    "I have some ideas about how we can give them the slip...."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Woohoo the Force provides!

    Foresee Roll: 1eF 2 Light Side


    Feel free to interpret Zo's ideas however you want.

    Hope that works


  18. - Top - End - #948
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    As Zo asks Trill about how she knows her 'fairy tales', she glances back at him and sends a faint smile at him, but then glances at Nodoa with a slight sigh, and then looks back at the radar scope, and maneuvers the ship into almost hugging the hills. It's clear that she's thinking 'let's get around these bogeys first'.

    Reaching into the Force, Zo realizes that time is short. He realizes that the event that will take place at the farm - the one that caused the tremor in the Force that the Inquisitor sensed - will happen with his arrival at the farm. The Fourth Sister may be out on a wild-pirate chase now, but when will the tremor that she sensed cause her to realize that she is chasing a diversion? Has she realized this already? Either way, time is of the essence.

    As Nodoa works on one of the computer terminals, she realizes that the communications she is trying to disable have stronger security than the previous slices that she has attempted. However, she does manage to get a full schematic of their patrol routes, and realizes that she can guide the ship to fly just out of easy sensor range and still make it across the polar cap. It would cost them a few minutes, but at the very least they won't have to fly around the polar cap, which could add a couple of hours to their travel time.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Rolled 2 failure for Nodoa's check, so repurposing the four advantages on Nodoa finding an alternative solution

  19. - Top - End - #949
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa frowns at the lack of direct success. But saved time is saved time. "I suggest taking my route. It's safer and faster. Besides, a few minutes won't cost us much."

  20. - Top - End - #950
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo blinks, and rubs his eyes with his fingers as he winces.

    "Oooooon the other hand, time is of the essence. Sure. Let's take your route Nodoa. We can skirt around them and still get there soon. Let's go."

  21. - Top - End - #951
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    With Nodoa's instruction, Trill flies low over the ice, low enough that the radar pings from the TIE patrol are visible, but the ship would be invisible against the background of the ground clutter as the radio light refracts through the air. "Good thing they don't have any over-the-horizon radar, right," Trill remarks glancing up. Nodoa would know that she's referring to the ionosphere being usable as a mirror. At Nodoa's direction, Trill changes course more than a few times to stay clear of the patrols. She remarks, half-amused and half-serious, "If the Imps are checking satellite surveillance closely enough, I'm flying us low enough that they will be able to see the blasts from our thrusters and track us across the ice."

    "Where we are going is away from the pole, so they won't see where we are going. They might know that someone on Sidarin has inside knowledge of their patrols, though," Tigozan says.

    "Not many satellites over the poles, though. By the time they finish deciphering our track, should be days from now," Hazabar remarks.

    After a tense hour and a half of flying low over the ice, the path takes the ship over open ocean again, and Trill has to make maneuvers around massive icebergs coming out of glaciers from some of the higher, coastal mountains. After another hour and a half, Trill is able to fly the ship in a straight line avoiding patrols, and the ship once again flies over land. Mountains of jutting rocks rise up out of the sea and then the coast, with wide swathes of open, barren land, between them. The sense of gravitas - and the sense of urgency - grows as the ship nears its destination.

    Guided by the Force, Zo sees it first, although who can tell what Trill may have seen for her eyes clearly are sharp as well, perhaps a little too sharp. Before long, however, the patch of green stands out against the dun rocky promontories jutting from the slopes leading up into mountains many kilometers away. As the ship gets closer, it's possible to see that there are trees, and between them, small, white buildings that resemble greenhouses. A particularly large boulder-pinnacle juts from the midst of the trees, with three smaller pinnacles surrounding it. Scanners show some electromagnetic activity around the buildings, but there are no obvious radio chattering, and the trees make it difficult to detect life signs that might be people. A large rock-bound opening down-slope from the wooded area is visible from the air, in addition to the buildings.

    "So, where do we land?" Hazabar suddenly asks, breaking the silence.

    "I don't know..." Trill answers dreamily, as if captivated by mystery.

    Zo, meanwhile, can feel some relief at being here before the Empire has, yet realizes that the clock is still ticking.

    Spoiler: Updated map and legend
    Show

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/134o...ew?usp=sharing

    Legend:
    Black blobs: rock outcrops
    Black box near south: cave entrance
    Gray blobs: trees
    Blue boxes: buildings (they look like greenhouses)

  22. - Top - End - #952
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa keeps a cool head, guiding the ship as she checks the map with some ease. She directs them past the mountains and down low into the Valley, keeping them away from Imperial detection. As they make it to where the map details, she looks down onto the valley. Hmm. A Greenhouse in the artic. Clever I suppose. She looks back to the pilot, both still looking down at the facility below

    "If the Imperials Are not here, I say we land nearby. I doubt Pirates have enough skill to track such a place down on there own."

  23. - Top - End - #953
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "Land near the largest rocky outcropping so we can hide from any satellites that might go overhead. The southwest side would be good as that way we are near the buildings and the cave, and can leave in a hurry if need be."

    Zo heads over to the door.

    "We need to move quickly!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Sorry, was thinking there was going to be a response to Nodoa.

    As soon as they land, Zo will be hitting the door release and rushing to look at the greenhouses. If there's no-one there, he'll rush on to the cave.


  24. - Top - End - #954
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: :-P OOC
    Show
    You're in the antarctic, not the arctic. Also, by now you're at like 65 degrees south, so it's not antarctic conditions, more subantarctic


    Trill moves the ship in very close to the large rock outcrop. As it looms into view through the ship's view port, Zo gains an undeniable sense that the rock outcrop itself is important somehow, but at this moment his training and experience is unable to give him prophetic visions that would tell him why. Suddenly, Trill seems overcome with a moment of clumsiness and almost runs into the outcrop, but then regains her control and lands, less adroitly than Zo and Nodoa have seen her fly for the rest of this trip, but still lands the ship without harming it or its occupants. "Vertigo..." Trill says, looking out at the outcrop. Tigozan stands forward, looking at the outcrop as well, then at Trill, who gets up and goes over to the ramp leading out of the ship as Zo strikes the button to lower the causeway.

    "Tiz and I will stay on board and keep the ship ready for launch in case we need to leave in a hurry. Call us on our frequency if you're in trouble - I'm not as skillful a pilot as Trill, but let's just say I've dodged pirates and worse for years before any of you came along. Do be careful," Hazabar says. "We can't see any heat source that would be an organic, but there is some electromagnetic activity near the greenhouses. Could be droids."

    Trill glances back and nods, then looks at Zo and Nodoa, before unbuckling her blaster holder for quick access. After a deep breath and a pause, she whispers "and may the Force be with us."

    The ramp lowers with a clang, revealing the out-of-place broadleaf forest on an otherwise barren planet. Walnut-like fruits litter the ground, some rotting and some still fresh within their rinds and husks. In the distance, there is a quiet metallic hiss not unlike a servo-motor, but then nothing. There are no birds or insects or anything else that would indicate a forest, either, leaving an eerie quiet.

    As Tigozan and two guards take up cover positions around the ramp in case anybody comes in, Hazabar sits in the pilot's chair, and checks the scanners, setting the engines to sub-idle. Trill leans against the hydraulic rod used for raising and lowering the ramp and takes a deep breath, before releasing it and standing upright, looking out, cautiously, as if waiting for Zo or Nodoa to make a move.

    Spoiler: EDIT: more OOC
    Show
    Henceforth, I will only wait 24 hours after one of you makes a post, since stuff is going to happen when you head for the greenhouses.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2019-08-07 at 10:08 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #955
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa looks at Trill with a rather blank look. The force isnt what got them this far. it's been luck, and skill. The Doctor takes her savage weapon from it's sheath and begins walking down the ramp "Do be sure not to leave us if you see Imperials moving close to the area." she says looking to Hazabar before hopping off and onto the cold, snow covered ground. She takes a deep breath, feeling for the arctic air "Cold." is all she says

    She trudges through the snow, not much waiting for the others as she heads in the direction of the compound. She would not let some weather get in the way of her discovery.

  26. - Top - End - #956
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I was hoping Shadowflick would edit the remarks about snow. There isn't snow at this altitude this far north.


    Nodoa trudges through the fallen leaves, kicking the many nuts on the ground aside as she walks, the chill southern air blowing across her face and ruffling her hair. Nature can be untidy at times. Trill follows Nodoa, and Zo follows Trill. The greenhouses are faintly visible through the trees, when there is a flicker of movement ahead, and voices. It's hard to tell for sure what the voices are saying, but they don't sound human.

    Spoiler: OOC: perception check time!
    Show
    Difficulty 2

  27. - Top - End - #957
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa perks her head up, before deciding to dip to the side of a nearby tree. She keeps her back to a tree as she tries to hear what is being said.

    "SOmethings ahead. I suggest we stay quiet for now." She dips her head out from behind the tree, trying to maybe sneak a peek.

    Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show

    Stealth
    : 2eA 0 successes, 3 advantage


    Perception
    : 2eA 3 successes


  28. - Top - End - #958
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo tilts his head to one side, trying to make out the voices.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Perception roll: 2eA 2 successes, 1 advantage



  29. - Top - End - #959
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa is able to duck to the side before being plainly visible, but while she may have heard something up ahead, she doesn't now.

    Zo is completely oblivious to it, whatever it is.

    Trill motions toward Nodoa, then vaults up into a tree, although the branches sway as she does so. She then drops back down. "Something is moving inside of the greenhouse, but I can't tell what it is," she whispers. In the distance, there is a clattering.

  30. - Top - End - #960
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa keeps to the side, readying her axe slowly. She narrows her eye's, ducking down low to see what might just appear that would make that noise. "Then let us see" she says, moving toward the greenhouse in the cover of the tree's

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •