Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 961 to 990 of 1026
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    As Nodoa sneaks closer, she catches a glimpse of three flimsy-looking robots with long, slender heads that resemble mammals snouts, holding mismatched weapons. The paint jobs on these droids are scarred over time and clearly have been painted over, and the blasters they are holding aren't uniform as well, as if they've been salvaged.

    As Nodoa approaches, one of the droids holds its mechanical hand up against the side of its head. "Roger, roger," it says, before addressing its two compatriots. "Reprogram Central says three heat signatures this way, but hold fire until they show hostile intent."

    "Roger, roger" the other two respond in unison, before continuing to look in the general direction of Nodoa. It's not clear if they've seen her yet.

  2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Droids. old ones. These haven't seen service for..a long time perhaps. Looking at there skinny arms and weak legs, Nodoa thinks these must be of a design from a former war. She has always wanted to adopt one of there limbs for cybernetics though. She thinks..and decides the best course of action

    She steps out from her hiding spot "Greetings. I come In peace and Wish to speak to your Reprogram Center. I happen to be knowledgeable of many devices and specialize in mechanical beings such as you. Primarily in placing pieces in living beings."

  3. - Top - End - #963
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo's gaze follows after Nodoa as she sneaks, though his eyes keep being drawn to the cave to the South, and the potential mysteries it contains.

    When she speaks he speedwalks with long loping strides to catch up with her, ready to put his body and shield in front of her in the event of them opening fire with their mismatched blasters, though he tries to not make any aggressive moves for the moment.

  4. - Top - End - #964
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Trill follows Zo, but carefully. What greets his eyes are quite clearly three B-1 battle droids, but equally clearly someone has been using them since the Clone Wars ended, which means that it is improbable that their current loyalties are to the CIS or to anyone seeking to restore the CIS.

    The droids, for their part, turn to Nodoa as she approaches, their weapons at ready but not directly aimed at her. One of the droids touches the side of its head. "Uh, Central, we have a... well, not sure what she is... she says she wants to talk to you. Something about specializing in droids." The droid pauses, as if receiving a response. "She looks like a human, but her skin reflects at 440 nanometers." There is another pauses, and the droid nods its head, and then "roger, roger." The droid then holds its blaster rifle back at ready and answers Nodoa "Reprogramming Central wants to know why you want to talk to it."

    Spoiler: OOC: physics of light
    Show
    440 nanometers is the wavelength of blue light

  5. - Top - End - #965
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa tilts her head. She always felt better around machines then people. Living and conscious ones anyway. "Curiosity in part. I have heard this place is capable of growing anything...it could be used to further the scientific field. Perhaps even make powerful medicines...but thats for latter. You see, I am not the only one who knows of this location. The Empire, or what you would have called the Republic, are privy to your location. They will seek to destroy you all and take what they can from here. I assure you, whatever they use this place for will not go to the common good. it will only further there own ends. I seek to make sure that does not happen."

  6. - Top - End - #966
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The droid pauses for a few moments, apparently having difficulty processing all of what Nodoa just said, before putting its robotic hand back to reactivate its communicator. "She says she's here to warn that the Empire knows about the Reprogrammer's farm and is coming to take it... roger, roger." Then the droid responds to Nodoa "Defensive protocols are in place, but Reprogram Central will not admit visitors without the Reprogrammer's permission."

    One of the other droids next to the droid officer then says "Uh, we still haven't been able to locate the Reprogrammer."

    This is followed by another round of "Roger, roger" in several different robotic voices.

    Spoiler: Edit: OOC
    Show
    Some insight checks might be in order, if you can't figure out what the droids are talking about.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2019-08-26 at 12:28 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #967
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa raises a brow. The sheer ineptitude "If it's all teh same to you, I simply must be able to come inside. There are more than your simple troopers coming to this farm. Those who are...able to use the 'force' accompany them. though, they are no 'jedi' from what I have seen. I possess an implant within my cranium, I would not be opposed to preforming a data transfer with reprogramming central in order to fully inform them on the enemy approaching.

  8. - Top - End - #968
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The droids look at each-other when Nodoa mentions enemy Force-users. "Uh, I don't remember much about Jedi..." says one of them.

    The officer, to whom Nodoa had been speaking, looks back and says "Uh, we're under orders not to allow anyone but the Reprogrammer to access Reprogramming Central... and we don't know where the Reprogrammer is."

  9. - Top - End - #969
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "Please tell us which direction they were going when you last saw the Reprogrammer."

    Zo worked hard to keep his voice calm and relaxed.

    "If we can try and find them, we could bring them back so you could be given new instructions. But it is quite time critical. This doesn't counteract your programmed orders, does it?"

    He gives his most convincing smile.

    "So, where were they last? Also, where will you permit us to go in this area that is not part of Reprogram Central?"

  10. - Top - End - #970
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa, is very obviously frustrated at the inept droids "Have you considered that since the Reprogrammer is not here, that you wouldn't be allowed back inside since they would not be able to make any new demands of you?"

  11. - Top - End - #971
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Uh, the Reprogrammer went... hold up, that's classified information!" says the droid officer, who then listens to the rest of Zo's request, and then says "Oh, yeah, that's an idea. Let me clear it with Reprogramming Central." After a few seconds while the other droids are standing around, about as expressionless as it's only possible for a droid to be, before the officer looks at its compatriots. "New orders: we are to escort these three to the Reprogrammer's last known location and let them search."

    "Roger, roger," affirms one of the droids.

    "Uh, but doesn't that mean they could hurt the Reprogrammer?" asks the more talkative of the two subordinates.

    "Central has new orders, you dolt. For all we know, the Reprogrammer is in trouble already, and these organics might be the only ones who can help him!"

    The subordinate droid, somewhat dumbfounded, pauses, and then replies "roger, roger."

    The officer glances at Nodoa for a moment. If it could blink, it would. "Uh, we're authorized to enter Reprogramming Central for maintenance. It is you who are not authorized."


    The three droids lead Zo, Nodoa, and Trill south of the greenhouses, tromping over the dry leaves in the chilly climate. Every so often, a distant mountain or hilltop comes into view, high enough that there is snow. The trees begin to thin out, but are still present, with the barren, rocky plains coming into view in the distance, pockmarked by occasional barchan dunes. Eventually, the sextet arrives at a precipice, and the droid officer leads the three around to the side and down a low ramp. There, beneath the precipice, is a roughly trapezoidal entrance to a cave, about three meters high and five meters wide. Two large boulders, about four meters in diameter are present on either side of the cave, plus numerous smaller rocks.

    Finally, the droid officer speaks. "Uh, we were able to track the Reprogrammer to this location, but not farther. We think he may have entered this cave."

  12. - Top - End - #972
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo reaches in to his bag and pulls out his fusion lantern, letting the warmth and light spill out around them in the cool autumnal air as he activates it.

    "Then let's go and find this Reprogrammer. Be wary of any falling debris. I know caveins all too well..."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Zo will lead the way, keeping an eye out for any threats all around, including the ceiling. He knows about tunnels from his mining days.


  13. - Top - End - #973
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo leads Nodoa and Trill into the mouth of the cave. As they enter, Trill reaches into a holster on her belt and produces her small, cylindrical flashlight, and shines around her faint indigo spotlight projecting farther than Zo's stronger, but shorter-range area of illumination.

    The interior of the cave is a large cavern, almost like an antechamber. The cave walls being made out of what might be ancient lava instead of limestone, there are no stalactites or stalagmites, but there are four pillar-like protrusions of stone extending from the floor to the ceiling in a pattern very close to a perfect square. Only very dimly illuminated by Zo's lantern, there are a series of openings into the northern wall of the cavern about six meters up, all of them revealing passages way that lead away into the darkness that even Trill's light cannot reach.

    There is a dense layer of dust on the floor, but there are small impressions - could be footprints, that lead into the cave and toward a bounder lying beneath one of the openings on the far wall. Then, someone notices that there is what looks like the motionless figure of a man, dressed in either rags or decaying robes, slumped against one of the pillars...

  14. - Top - End - #974
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa may be specialised in attaching artifical limbs..but she knows when she needs to perform regular feats of medicine. She glances about the cave, before heading toward the injured man "If he is dead, that would be a shame. Does this look like the reprogrammer?"

    Spoiler: Medicine Roll!
    Show


    : 2eP+2eA 3 successes, 3 advantage




  15. - Top - End - #975
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    As Nodoa approaches the slumped figure, it quickly becomes apparent that this being is way too far gone for medicine to be of any use. It is also highly dubious that this could be the Reprogrammer; this being is something else, and has been here for many times the age of the droids outside.

    The figure is a mummified body of a humanoid alien belonging to a species that Nodoa has never seen before. The leathery flaking skin has been discolored by the passage of time and so it is difficult to tell what it might have looked like in life, but there are ridges along its skull and what look like flaps of skin drooping from its face. The clothes that the mummy is wrapped in appears to to have once been robes, possibly with a hooded cloak. The gaunt features suggest starvation or dehydration as the cause of death, but it is difficult to tell since the passage of time has also desiccated the body. There is a glint of something metallic mostly-buried in the folds of decaying fabric, but is difficult to make out what it is without moving the rotting rags.

    Based on the rate of decay and what she learned about forensics in her medical studies, Nodoa guesses that the mummy is at least several hundred years old, possibly more. It certainly predates the Clone Wars, probably the Trade Federation who started it, and may even predate the Galactic Republic, or at least the Ruusan Reformation. It probably is younger than the Chiss Ascendancy, but is still pretty old.

    Trill kneels down in the dust and looks at it, switching her flashlight off for the time being, letting Zo's fusion lantern illuminate it. She is clearly very curious, but does not yet say anything.

  16. - Top - End - #976
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo rushes after Nodoa, kneeling down by the mummified form.

    Almost reverentially he reaches out to move the rags away to reveal what was left within.

    "Surely this is not the Reprogrammer? Where could he be?"

  17. - Top - End - #977
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    At Zo's question, Trill whispers "can't be." She glances up, in the direction of the openings in the back of the cave, although they are in darkness now that Trill has turned out her flashlight and Zo is looking at the mummy.

    Carefully, Zo pushes aside the tattered pieces of cloth. Although the remnants of the mummy's clothing are in such terrible shape that it was initially difficult to see what he was even wearing at death, the metallic object, now revealed, removes any doubt: it is the hilt of a lightsaber - and, unlike the remnants of the man's robes, it looks to be in decent condition. Indeed, it might still even be functional. Trill shifts her weight dramatically with no small amount of surprise as Zo uncovers the device.

  18. - Top - End - #978
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "A Jedi....here all this time and we didn't know..."

    Zo cradles the lightsaber in his long fingered hands, his eyes growing misty and staring into the middle distance, lost in reverie.

    After a short while, he looks up, and properly scans the caverns, his head turning back and forth so his ears can catch any sound from the Reprogrammer, whoever that may be.

    "Who would leave this here?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Search for Reprogrammer: 1eA+1eP 3 successes, 1 advantage



  19. - Top - End - #979
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa...cant help but be interested in some ancient weaponry. The light-saber was highly sought after anyway...a part of her wonders if she could install it into a cybernetic..for stealth purposes.

    She looks deeper into the cave, weapon still ready "The answer's rather simple. A dead man."

  20. - Top - End - #980
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The cavern has four main pillars of rock that may play a role in supporting the roof, and there is a boulder in the back beneath a series of very regularly-spaced openings, all of them about six to seven meters up. They look small enough for Zo to crawl through, while the others could walk, but they would have to be climbed up to.

    There are soft impressions that might be footprints leading to the boulder, but no other people inside of the cave, apart from the three living explorers and the one long-dead Jedi.

    Trill is flicking her flashlight back and forth across the openings, and looking back at the mummified Jedi.

  21. - Top - End - #981
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa could already see in the dark, thanks to her Chiss heritage. She shoots a slightly ugly look to Trill as she lights her flashback, which rattled the Doctor's sense for a few moments. She holds her tongue though, moving toward one of the openings "It looks like we'll need to climb perhaps. This programmer does more then sit behind a desk all day"

  22. - Top - End - #982
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Trill returns Nodoa's glance with one of confusion, but doesn't seem to think that much of it - Chiss physiology is not well-known to the galaxy, anyway. She walks up to the base of the boulder and effortlessly climbs up onto it, then gracefully jumps up to the opening in the wall and pulls herself into the opening, shining her flashlight down it. It's an athletic display that might make Nodoa wonder if Trill has cybernetic enhancements to her strength and agility. "This tunnel appears... carven," she says, and then adds under her breath "Could it be?"

  23. - Top - End - #983
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo reverently bows his head and then stands, following Trill to the tunnel.

    He gives her a nod, still holding on to the lightsaber, and heads past her to explore the tunnel, his fusion lantern splashing golden light against the curved walls.

  24. - Top - End - #984
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The moment Zo walks away from the mummy, there is a shuddering throughout the cavern, and the two enormous boulders that lined the entry roll into the entry, blocking it. The only light now is from Zo's lantern and Trill's flashlight - without which not even Nodoa would be able to see.

    There isn't much room in the tunnel for Zo - he can crawl through it, but he wouldn't be able to get in front without probably squishing Trill, so she stays in front of him, to the side, to make Zo has an unobstructed view of anything in front of her , shining her flashlight forward with its cool glow illuminating the back. As she does so, the overall shape of Trill's flashlight resembles the mummy's lightsaber - except that what Trill is holding in her hand is so clearly a flashlight.

    The tunnel leads away into the darkness, and is consistently shaped - clearly not a cave - but it has a flat floor, unlike a tube for a worm monster or anything like that (although such a beast could easily have colonized such a location). The tunnel appears to be maybe fifty meters long, before opening up into another chamber, but it is difficult to see from the south entrance to the tunnel to what the northern end looks like.

  25. - Top - End - #985
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "Don't worry friends. We'll get out of this."

    Zo follows Trill through the tunnel and out into the cavern, straining both his inner and outer senses for a sign of where they can go after the cavein. Internally he kicks himself for not seeing it coming.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show


    The Force is clouded it seems

    Foresee Roll: 1eF 1 Dark Side


    Perception roll: 2eA 0 successes, 1 advantage



  26. - Top - End - #986
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The tunnel continues for fifty meters until it opens onto the bottom of a cylindrical shaft about fifteen meters in diameter. An indeterminate distance above, there are tiny slit openings show open sky, lining the sides of the shaft, but the shaft itself has a ceiling. These openings provide a small amount of light, but Zo's lantern provides better illumination of the floor of the shaft than the openings do. The passage way to the south - the one that first Trill, then Zo, and then Nodoa walk or crawl through remains open, but the shaft has three more doorways in its northern wall, all of them looking like truncated isosceles triangles. There are also lines in the floor and in the walls that may be decorations - clearly, this shaft was built or carven out of the rock - but they are simple and no writing or other symbols are visible.

    Trill walks into the center and shines her flashlight straight upward, casting some light on the distant ceiling, although it is still probably a hundred meters up.

  27. - Top - End - #987
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo will methodically explore the tunnels, starting with the leftmost one and working his way around, but make sure to stay in contact with the others

  28. - Top - End - #988
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Nodoa crawls through the cavern, her axe drawn as she carefully moves through the cavern as if it were perfectly lit. The red Eye's of a Chiss weren't just for show. They gave her the unique ability to see in infrared, letting her explore the dark almost as well as during the day. She looks over the three new doorways, tilting her head.

    "Hm. I think we should take the center passage."

  29. - Top - End - #989
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Trill is still looking at the ceiling with her flashlight. "Taking the middle passage should lead us underneath that little mountain just north of the greenhouses," she says while coming up behind Nodoa, drawing a breath. "Why would a mummified Jedi be lying outside?" she whispers, thinking aloud. "Unless... could it be?"
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2019-10-11 at 07:41 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #990
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "You know, talking to yourself when others are present is quite rude."

    Zo injects a little humour into his voice to let her know he is teasing more than being offended, but his crest flushes with a kaleidoscope of emotions. Anticipation, worry, confusion and hope play across his crest plain to see for any who know the colours of an Anx's feelings.

    "Well, we're not getting out of here by standing around."

    He manages to keep the tremor from his voice as he heads down the middle passageway, holding the lantern up high.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •