Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 1026
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Yijz sticks his three fingers out from under the table grabbing the imperial com slowly rolling his way.

    He sees the Quarren stumbling around angrily. He takes the hint and makes a dash towards his friends.

    Tim-ez t-t-to goz guyz...

    He points towards the door.

    Like-nowz!
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-07-23 at 04:25 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    'ouz comingz wit-t-t uzzz Mizter Wook-azie yah?

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "I agree with Yijz. Even if they haven't called friends, we'll see more Imps if and when things get rowdier."

    Zo leans down and delivers a swift punch to the back of the slaver thug's head, to make sure he stays down, then raises his shield in defense of his friends.

    "I'll cover you, but we need to move!"

    He looks over to Chips with a quick grin.

    "You're welcome to come too, if you want, right Eldrith?"

    He looks back to the human cowering under the table questioningly.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    ACTION: Zo's roll to punch the last slaver thug, with a boost die due to thug being prone.


    Punching a Slaver Thug: 3eA+1eP+1eB+1eF+2eD 3 successes, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side


    Will use the 2 Light Side points for advantage, for a Total of 3 successes, 4 advantage. 2 of that advantage will heal the 2 strain Zo has taken. The other 2 will be used to take an additional maneuver this turn without having to pay the 2 strain.

    That should take him out, as that is 5+3 damage, for a total of 8, and it ignores 1 of his soak of 3.

    MANEUVER: Bodyguard, targeting Yijz (I assume he is engaged with the rest of the party now?). Spend 1 strain and combat checks targeting Yijz are upgraded once (ie one purple goes up to a red)

    MANEUVER: Assist Maneuver, giving Eldrith a blue Boost dice (1eB) if he wants to try to convince Chips to come with us. I imagine Eldrith's Charm or Negotiation are better than Zo's

    Zo stats

    WT: 0/17 ST: 1/13
    Soak: 5
    Defense (melee/ranged): 3/3

    This is what I've been using for the barfight. Just imagined it coming on the jukebox or whatever, with the bar dimly lit, and only a few lights pulsing in time with the music....


  4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    obviously shaken and annoyed by the way things went down here Eldrith hurrily heads over to his crew.

    Yeah yeah yea whatever we're all friends with everyone whatever Let's goo go go let's go freakin' cantina's man I tell you what you just can't count on them. Freakin imps every where now if I wanted to have the empire breathing down my neck causing trouble in my city I'd have stayed on Karthi on gone legit.


    At this point Elrith is in full rant mode stomping off from the crazy shoot out.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    The two bouncers stop in front of Sharilyn as she addresses them, and look her up and down. "That's... not just a costume, is it?" one of them asks with a bit of surprise and no small amount of apprehension. That one stays in front of Sharilyn and waves his force pike. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to..." he trails off, obviously intimidated at the prospect of fighting an obviously insane woman whose cosplay isn't a game - or, worse, a bona fide Mandalorian.

    Meanwhile, the other costumed man takes a step back, realizing that he's out-classed. Pulling out a communicator, he hastily says "Management, we have a situation, here."

    The Aqualish, Twilek, and Rodian pounce on the second, now-dead Imperial soldier, looking for anything of value on him, maybe. The drunkard Quarren stumbles around in the midst of the floor, shudders for a moment with a glance at Zo, on the other side of the dance floor, and then turns back to his companions. As he does so, Eldrith, Yijz, and Zo notice a relaxing of Trill's muscles, as she gets up while holstering her blaster pistol. Trill glances at the man that she stunned, then at Eldrith, hisses "Quiet! You want to get their attention?" before glancing toward the back door. "There's a door out back. Probably lower chance of trouble if we go that way." On her way, she gives the same charming smile Eldrith saw at the spaceport toward the Wookie, winks, and then smiles at Zo, before heading for the exit. Chips begins shambling after her, trying to grip his slave collar and grunting in Wookie.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    ~~Round 3~~

    Party #1: Party NPCs
    Trill (soak 3, wound threshold 12, strain threshold 13)
    Chips (soak 5, wound threshold 13, strain threshold 10)

    Party #2: Bouncers
    Fake Mandalorian bouncer 1 (soak 5, wound threshold 6, minion) (engaged with Sharilyn)
    Fake Mandalorian bouncer 2 (soak 5, wound threshold 6, minion) (calling management)

    Notes: I am keeping time in rounds to keep track of when more security/more Imperials arrive.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Sharilyn wasted no time. "See... I just gave you a chance to talk Or settle up." She says very simply, eyes not leaving him. "You wasted it, Vode. No. A pretender. Last chance." Her eyes narrowed, her tone hardened.

    "One."

    "Two..."

    She was giving them one last chance to back off. Especially now that his friend was bringing friends. There was a telltale sweep of her antenna as it panned over the one in the distance. He was next.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Coercion (opposed): 2eA 0 successes, 4 advantage


    She is obviously aiming at the one who seemed to have more of a death wish, though the aiming rules don't specify that it needs to be used on a specific target.
    Last edited by ShadilaySev; 2017-07-26 at 07:46 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    I used a difficulty of two, with two boost dice since they recognize that they're outclassed. I rolled three threat. That comes out to one advantage, total, including Sharilyn's roll.


    The two costumed men start backing away, with the one in front of Sharilyn moving his force pike into a somewhat less intimidating stance. Behind Sharilyn, the Aqualish, Twilek, and Rodian are starting to cheer her on. The Quarren, meanwhile, kicks over a bar stool in his misguided and failed attempt to find Yijz, then stomps angrily over to his cheering companions.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Sharilyn's voice was low. She was stalling, buying time for the others to escape. "Listen to me very carefully. You want to look like one of us, think like one of us. But I'm gonna put this in real simple terms: there are two dead Imps on the floor killed by a Mando'a." She raps her helmet, then makes a slashing motion on her throat. "Imps get called, the thickheaded plasteel pigs don't realize we're not all friends, you get tagged as a known associate. You die, everyone in the bar dies. Pretty little server girl dies. Good chance that also means there's a familial massacre, plus the place burns down and this bar gets bombed after the fact for good measure. I'll gladly explain everything at length, but right now I need to get rid of these damned bodies and my little exposition of how and where things went wrong means you have thirty-eight fewer seconds to live. The Imps aren't going to believe I acted alone and I've got a range advantage once the blaster bolts start flying. Like it or not you can't afford to not let me get these three disposed of."

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    A few moments later, Eldrith, Zo, Yijz, Trill, and Chips are under the sky in the early night, with the taller buildings of the city around them. It wasn't completely easy getting out of the bar - apparently some of the other patrons had the same idea. Still, they get out into the back parking lot - Eldrith will have to go around to the front to recover the swoop bike he borrowed. Trill looks around a street corner - there is a troop of stormtroopers off in the distance, but they don't seem to be paying attention to the direction of the bar, yet. Trill let's out a breath. "Eldrith, you hacked the ship - can you get Chips' collar off? It would be better if nobody had died back there. Where are we going? And is that Mandalorian one of us?" she asks.

    Just as Trill finishes her question, the Imperial soldier's communicator in Yijz' pocket buzzes. "One-one-four-three, do you copy?" says a voice.

    *

    The bouncers stand quietly as if contemplating what Sharilyn is saying. The back one, with the communicator, then adds "Management, do not contact the police. We need a cleanup crew... also better close the bar," he says.

    The front bouncer takes off his helmet, revealing the head of a scared-looking Bothan. "You're right. Let's get the bodies behind the desk, and clear the bar. Even if we help the police will be here sooner or later," he says.

    Almost as if on cue as he says this, the lights in the bar flash on and off, with the colored dance floor lights being replaced by dim yellow lights to help the cleaning staff but make it clear that the party is over. Customers then start scattering in all directions.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    ~~Round 4~~

    (no changes from round 3)
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-07-26 at 04:22 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    As Trill tries to calm Eldrith down he quites his ranting but keeps up the pace "regitty frak frakken fridgitty"

    Finally as they enter the alley and Eldrith breathes in the air he relents and composes himself again. After all he is a doctor.

    Umm No I haven't seen anything like that Mando befo...Oh no you know what I have seen them. Yeah yeah they were hanging around Tigozan's place they must be one of her or Hazabar's guns. Eldrith closes his eyes as if he's thinking really hard making a almost pained face. "Uhhh do we go back for them? I mean they look like they are pretty much handling things right? Right? Yeah I think I'm right I'm sure they'll catch up if their supposed to be with us I'm sure"

    He squints his eyes at Trill as she asks about the slave collar of their new Wookie friend and puts two fingers on the bridge of his nose. Focus Eldrith.

    Yeah, yeah I think I can do something about it maybe ahh let's see..." He had treated slaves before and see collars before. He'd also seen the scourch marks these things leave.
    Just awful pieces of tech, he'd never removed on before but he thought back to those patients trying to remember if he had seen any of them removed.

    Eldrith approaches the Wookie which is a scary proposition in and of itself. He stops just out of arms reach and puts his hands up in a none threatening way.

    "Hey friend. I just need to have a look at that nasty collar around your neck. I'm going to try and take it off ok? No need to freak or to rip any arms off or do anything rash ok?"

    Once he knows the Wookie understands him and that they consent then he'll have a look at the collar and see what he can do.
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-07-26 at 06:35 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Sharilyn didn't even think about it. "Have your guys destroy surveillance, just bill a keg of whatever your rotgut is to Vizla. Should cover what the belligerents stole." She says simply, patting the expired Slaver down for a sidearm. She made it a point to swipe the remote while searching him.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If Sharilyn can find at least two guns, she's going to propose a frame-up, on the condition she can get one of the fake Mandos to wound her. Otherwise, these guys are getting thrown into the incinerator.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Destroying the evidence would've been much easier. She swiped the sidearm. "This one's down,
    but not out. You compact your trash, or burn it? Where is it, at any rate?"
    She says with no real emotion in her tone. "Please tell me you have sewer access in that alley, otherwise we're gonna have to carry these guys up the fire escape and leave 'em on your neighbor's roof."

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Chips does not seem to object to Eldrith's looking at his slave collar. Unfortunately, getting it off is probably going to take several minutes. Chips grunts in the direction of the Imperial troopers off in the distance, whom Trill also seems to have fixated her vision on. They still don't seem concerned with the party, yet.

    "So where are we going?" asks Trill. "And who is Tigozan? Is he? she? the person whom you left Skeeso with?" she continues.

    *

    Within a minute or two, the dead Imperial soldiers and the dead slaver are behind in the garbage chute leading to the compactor underground. The live slaver is in the back room, and is starting to wake up from the woman with the stun blaster's shot.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Yeah we'll have a look at it later. These things usually have a tracker in them though so we'll want to get it removed before we take Chip to the warehouse

    Turning his head toward Trill

    "Tig is a friend yeah she'll make sure everything goes right. From what I've pieced together she and her brother are actually your original clients so in a really weird and round about way this all works out. Skeeso is being looked after and he's in very capable hands trust me we but time and supplies into keeping him up and running for you so I'm not about to lose that investment.

    Speaking of we need to get going. The imps are going to have their hands full trying to sort out the mess in there and while thier distracted we just slip away. Zo, Yijz do you have a ride for our friends here? I borrowed a bike so I could fit one on mine."
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-07-28 at 03:32 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Once the bodies were disposed of, Sharilyn took quick stock of the two fake Mandalorians. She had her calm demeanor on, but it was purely by merit of a murmured war song. She stopped after a while. "Your mockup is good. The layman can't tell it from the real thing. But you wear it like armor. We just call it ironskin in Basic." She says after a while. Small talk to ease the time between now and her statement, inspecting the 'new' sidearm she acquired. She holsters it, leaning against the bardesk and taking her water, using a retractable stray to drink. "I can't criticize your stance though. Until you backed down that is. But your armor will make you slow. You need to turn it into an extension of you, same as the spears. You do that, and you're indistinguishable from the real deal. You two just need practice." For the first time, she seemed sincere. "This suit, for example was refit six times in ten years. I've had it since I was a little girl, and I usually spend the better portion of my day in it. I could show you how to rig it so it's comfortable like that at some point, if you're interested."

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "Sorry, we walked over here. The traffic looked horrendous. I have a spare cloak he can borrow if needed."

    Zo turns to Trill.

    "Skeeso is fine. I made sure he was comfortable before we left. Tigozan said her place was at our disposal, since we brought her the ship and cargo to her. Should we start heading there, or wait for her enforcer that arrived to keep an eye on us?"

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Since Moose hasn't posted and it's been about 36 hours, I am going to do a minor character dictation on him.


    "One-one-four-three, come in!" the voice says again. Yijz in a moment has the Imperial communicator in his hand. There is an ominous silence - is the officer on the other end sounding an alarm? The troop of Imperial soldiers in the distance is marching in the heroes' direction... albeit slowly, like they might not yet be aware of what has happened at the bar.

    Trill's eyes widen as Eldrith tells her that Tigozan and Hazabar are her clients - well, Lodon's clients. For a moment, she stands silently, as if pondering something far away. She then looks at Chips, and then at Zo. "I agree, probably a good idea to get the collar off him before heading to the... warehouse? Eldrith I'm still amazed you didn't get shot down by that TIE fighter. I should have put more trust in you. I apologize," she says. "I came on foot, too. I take it that the plan then is for Eldrith to take... I'm sorry, I don't believe you told me your names," she says to Zo and Yijz. "But Chips will take the cloak, Eldrith will drive him somewhere, take off that accursed collar, while the Anx and the Gand can lead me back to the warehouse? We want to make sure the Mandalorian gets back, too, don't we?" she adds with a hint of concern in her voice.

    *

    The two bouncers nod silently to Sharilyn's lecture. Finally, one of them picks up his communicator and listens to it from the other end, and then puts it down again. "Thank you for the tips, Ma'am," he says. "Management says that there will be a cleaning crew here shortly, and it might include some Imps. Hopefully they'll be peaceful, management says they should be. We've been on good terms with them so far. Any case, thank you for helping us save the patrons' lives from an ugly incident. You might want to not be here when they arrive, though."

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Sharilyn nodded. "Of course. Slaver sicced a Wookie slave onto one of my clients, that was the first shot. Imp was ripping off the bar and antagonizing the Quarren. He drew, or tried to, there were so many guns dropped by this point I can't tell whose is whose. I'd already shot the Slaver by that point, lined up the second shot. Another patron winged him, finishing him off, the other was already on the ground hemorrhaging from his throat being torn open. Shot him too. Truthfully, he was going to die if I didn't shoot him first. But since I needed you two to escalate the situation in order to get everyone out... So as a sign of good faith, you two need a sharpshooter or some training or something, we'll work out an arrangement." She trailed off, setting down the empty cup and standing. She gave a curt salute. "We'll be in touch." And with that, she headed out.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Yijz looks at trill and ed. Slightly panicked he shoves the communicator into their hands to deal with.

    Ah warzhouzy iz dizway!

    He takes the lead, confident and happy, a breath of life sweeping through his body. For a moment the cloud of depression and haze of booze lifts, and the clear thoughts of revenge and justice take hold. He will get them back, he thinks to himself and a hidden smile crosses his infectious
    insectoid mouth parts.

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Trill looks at the communicator, realizes what it is, and offers it to Eldrith. "You may be better at this than me," she says with a smirk.

    Watching Trill, Eldrith is pretty sure that her apology is genuine, and that her widening eyes was more of an expression of surprise than one of fear or agitation. What she was thinking about while she stood still, however, is another question, Eldrith does not know. What he does realize, however, is that she is simply not operating under the same set of assumptions and motivations that he is. If anything, she reminds him more of Zo than of himself.

    Trill catches Eldrith studying her, glances back, and smiles. It feels like she may be trying to reassure him.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith was a greedy man by nature. A trait that had saved him more than it had hurt him however it also blinded him at times. It made him see people and placed in a different light than others and he felt in his heart that his greed had made him blind to Trill.

    As Trill smiles he recognizes the light in her eyes. Zo had that same light in his eyes too. It was a light that guarded, a light that hide, a light that protected.

    Eldrith in that moment decided to trust Trill. Whatever her motives, whatever her purpose here on planet it he needed her in this moment.

    Alright first things first we need to get out of here.

    The imps are heading this way and I don't think we want to be here when the arrive given all of our histories. We need a new ride and I need to get to my swoop. I may have borrowed without asking so I'd like to take it back.

    I’ve got a bike across the way here but I need one of you to find a ride for you all. Trill? You seem to have a talent for getting into and out of places would you be able to “Find” us a ride? Yitz can help also. While you’re doing that I’ll try to talk fast and hope for the best with this thing.


    Eldrith thinks back to his time at the imperial academy learning protocols and procedures and summons his most imperious voice to try and wing this.

    Current thought was to try and redirect the patrol as best he could barring that well Eldrith didn’t thrive on planning.

    “1143 responding”
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    West End, Hampshire, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Zo digs around in his pack and brings out a folded dark brown cloak that appears the mirror of his own. He unfolds it almost reverently and quickly puts the assorted bent and broken mechanical parts that it contained into another pocket of his pack. He then offers the large cloak to Chips with a reassuring smile and a gentle tone in his low rumbling voice.

    "It might be good to put this on, in case any more of your captors are around. At least till we can get that collar off you."

    His eyes widen as Eldrith attempts his deception, and he glances around nervously before looking back to Trill.

    "I'm Zo Korax. My Gand friend is Yijz. Perhaps we should follow him away from here. Then again... Tigozan's Mandalorian associate got here very quickly. I wonder if she has a speeder we could use to get back to the warehouse?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    He will be putting the parts in another part of his pack as quickly as possible, but a sharp eyed and particularly well-learned individual may spot and recognise them as broken fragments of a lightsaber hilt. Hope that is OK PetrifiedWalnut, but I thought him hanging on to the broken hilt that was crushed along with his parents in the cave in was a cool thing. It's what I "spent" the rest of my starting cash on since I didn't know what else to buy.

    Plus I thought it would be a cool thing that could lead to further chats later. If you don't like that idea, I'll edit and get rid of.


  23. - Top - End - #203
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: Sounds emanate from behind the GM's screen
    Show
    Chips and Trill are rolling dice for reasons described in the OOC thread


    "One-one-four-three, what is your status? Your CO is not responding. Is there a problem, soldier?" says the Imperial voice on the other end of the transmission line.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-08-01 at 10:12 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    1143, no problem sir. The CO is...indisposed. They decided to enjoy a bit of the local flavors if you catch my meaning sir.

    They aren't ready for dress parade sir. I'd like to avoid any potential embarrassment if we can sir I can get the CO back without incident but I'd like it if any patrols around us were kindly looking the other way here as a professional favor to the CO, sir.


    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Eldrith is trying to convey that the CO is drunk and not presentable to be seen by enlisted troops as it would probably be bad for moral. Or at the very least engaged in activity that would not be good for moral if it came out.



    Last edited by cybric; 2017-08-01 at 01:20 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I like your strategy. I think I'm going to let Eldrith have a partial delay but not a huge one. Should be enough to escape, though, once Sharilyn comes out and you steal the slavers' vehicle!


    There is a grumbling voice from the other end. "Dammit one-one-four-three, get Lieutenant Scoates out of his toilet and report to Captain Kuat on the double! I.S.B. agent says she thinks she may have found what we're looking for!" says the raised voice of the commander in a very exasperated tone.

    Trill's makes a slight smile but then has a sad look as she listens to the Imperial commander's orders. She then looks at Zo and looks at the cloak. Zo doesn't know if she recognized the broken hilt of the lightsaber, but the way that she is looking at the cloak clearly means that she has grasped its significance. "I am thinking it would not be a good idea for Chips to wear that cloak," she says. "Given who's leading the Imp search here, I'd say that Chips may be safer looking like a Wookie running for his freedom than looking like a monk - no offense, please, I'll explain later." she adds, looking at Chips.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Out through the back, she checked to see if it was clear, lowered her head and removed her helmet just long enough to get a few gasps of unrecycled air. Within a few seconds, her red hair was pulled back, tucked into her collar and promptly covered back up by her classic T-visored helmet. She passed by the alleged landspeeder she was asked to pick up the crew in: mismatched doors, the frame clearly rusted through and an engine that was still smoking despite being off for close to a half hour.

    "By the manda, you people are slow." She says simply, hitting the starter on her junker before the thruster gimbal crapped out and it hovered impotently for a second, then toppled over, somehow on its side. She went through her armored compartments before producing another fob. "Big guy, I took this off our dearly departed scumbag. You want to show me where it is, maybe?" She asks the wookie.
    Last edited by ShadilaySev; 2017-08-01 at 06:24 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GMT -7
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "Aye, sir I'll clean the Lieutenant up and have them right as rain in no time. If I might be so bold as to add sir your discretion truly is an inspiration sir, 1143 out"

    Eldrith releases the controls to the communicator. "That should buy us a little while to get this show on the road we should..."

    A lithe figure in rugged Mandalorian armor comes up to the group. Eldrith recognizes her as being from the warehouse but other than that he doesn't know this person but given thier circumstances he wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth.

    "You're with Tig right? Ok great yes we've got a ride. Alright everyone in we're leaving."

    Eldrith motions to the Wookie. "I think you'd better come with me friend once we've got some breathing room between us and the imps I can get that collar off of you"

    Eldrith puts his communicator palm up in the air and motions to Zo and Yitz "stay in touch yeah?"

    Finally, Eldrith looks at Trill gives her his best in personation of her smile and wink move back at her before making his way towards his bike.
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-08-01 at 11:21 PM.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

    Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    "That's awfully presumptuous. I'm here to extract the target. You lot can deal with the imps." She motions towards Trill. "The wookie just happens to be of use to me at the current." There's a flick of the wrist before she breaks out the remote for the collar, there's a flourish as her thumb sits just by the shock function. "There's now two things with its transponder signal on it. See if there's a way to rig it to safely deactivate that abominable thing without breaking it. I can see us getting mileage out of a transponder activated trigger." She hits the fob a few times, antenna popping out and sweeping before settling on a direction.

    "I'm kidding. Not about the transponder trigger. I mean abandoning you lot. Let's get some chow."

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Spoiler: OOC disclosure
    Show
    Just so you guys know, I'm really tired as I write this, so I hope I don't overlook something!


    Chips, while he looks at Trill and seems to understand what she's saying, seems to decide that he'd rather take the cloak anyway. Trill may be worried about looking too much like a fugitive Jedi, but she wasn't a slave, at least not recently. Chips says something in Wookie and hops on Eldrith's scooter, and lets Eldrith drive. With the transponder signal from Sharilyn, the collar's safeguard locking system is off, but it will take several minutes of tinkering with the remaining locks to get it off completely.

    Trill's expression changes to amusement as she notices Eldrith's imitation of her. Yijz, Trill, Zo, and Sharilyn hop into the Mandalorian's new ride and are off into the night, so far without any complications. Yijz notices Trill studying Zo as the group ride back to the hangar at Zo's direction, and has been ever since she made the comment about not wanting Chips to look like a monk. There was more to that statement than just concern for Chips, Yijz realizes. Trill undoes her hair tie and lets her short ruddy hair flap in the breeze as they ride back, but then ties it back again when they arrive at the shantytowns.

    Eldrith is able to drive somewhere that have few pedestrians and fewer onlookers. Suddenly, the Imperial voice returns over the comlink with a little bit of static as he moves farther from the signal and has more buildings in the way. "One-one-four-three##, you are in deep# trouble# now, lying to a #superi## office# about this. We're disp####ing squad zero-seven to your fine est#blishme##." Obviously the Imps don't have a communications tower or a relay ship in hovering sub-orbit.

    When Sharilyn and her stolen speeder full of passengers get into the shantytowns, it is clear that the troopers have gotten out here and are checking it out. Those warehouse owners that were caught unawares are being interrogated by squads of troopers, each led by one of those gray-suited officers that they all seem to have with every squad. Hazabar and Tigozan's warehouse is dark and locked up, as are a good number of others. It's not obvious whether this is because the troopers were here and arrested anybody, or if the darkness is a disguise to avoid being noticed.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    I need stealth and driving checks from Eldrith and Sharilyn, and I need perception checks from everybody. The driving checks are difficulty two. The stealth checks are difficulty zero. The perception checks are difficulty one, but Eldrith and Sharilyn each get two setback dice (one for darkness and one for being occupied driving). Zo gets only one setback die for darkness. Yijz doesn't get any as a reward for his triumph from earlier (in addition to what he notices about Trill above).

    Edit: the stealth checks are to avoid being spotted by troopers, and I will roll in secret their vigilance checks. The driving checks are to get away if you are spotted without them seeing enough of you to get interested. The perception checks are to notice their interest, if they have any.

    Anybody can also make checks as needed about Hazabar's warehouse and what to do about it. (hint: Tigozan lent Eldrith a communicator in case Eldrith ran into trouble)
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-08-02 at 11:44 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

    Eldrith is able to spot some Imperial soldiers that are looking his direction before they are able to get underway to chase him. After a moment, he believes he hears speeder bikes, but has just enough of a lead on them to possibly still drop them...

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Thanks to his triumph on the perception check, Eldrith gets one more attempt to escape the Imps before a chase scene begins. He can either hide (stealth roll, difficulty 2) or drive away (piloting planetary, difficulty 2). He also has enough time to lend Chips his blaster, if he wants. Eldrith can reprogram the communicator with a difficulty 2 computers check, also.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •