computer roll: 3eA+2eD 0 successes, 3 advantage

I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Eldrith fiddles with the communicator. There is a loud "Aauuuaaahhh!" at the other end as his fiddlings manage to cause a bit of feedback, but no success in terms of actually getting into the Imperials' com channels. The rider on of the speeder bikes behind Eldrith grips his helmet - could he be the one screaming? In either case, he slows down, putting some distance between him and Eldrith.

Eldrith ducks and weaves between the buildings, but the speeder bike behind him seems hot on his tail. Still, the soldier bike behind is too distracted to be able to do much in the way of evasive action when Chips fires Eldrith's blaster back at the pursing Imperial biker when he gets close. Chips' shot is perfectly accurate and causes the Imperial's speeder bike to spin out of control and crash into a... something, Eldrith isn't sure what it is in the night, but the soldier is sent sprawling. Eldrith's swoop bike loses its balance from Chips' movements, but Eldrith is able to regain control of it just as the second trooper rounds the corner.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Eldrith can try to lose the other one, or fiddle with the communicator some more and hope that he can disorient the one chasing with it.

I still need checks for Sharilyn...
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-08-03 at 07:04 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

computers roll: 3eA+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage

Let's do some fiddling!

After piecing together that the feedback from the comms is what threw off the trooper he grins with excitment

Edit: sorry I just now thought that Eldrith might have slow down or stop to mess with the comm?
    Last edited by cybric; 2017-08-04 at 02:46 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #214
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Goldfinger, eh? You should have been here for my James Bond game that I tried to run!

Messing with the comm, the man on the other speeder grasps his head again, grips the controls of his speeder and wheels around out of sight. Eldrith now has an opportunity to get away, or to hide. He can continue to try with the feedback, but eventually the trooper is going to turn it off...

After hiding in a place under darkness where he doubts the Imperials will be able to easily search, Eldrith has the feeling that he has lost the remaining pursuit, and is able to resume his roundabout trek to the warehouse. He can only hope that he hasn't stirred up an alarm.

Sharilyn is able to keep the Imperial soldiers from noticing her and her speeder. Eventually, she is able to get back to the warehouse, and finds it dark and quiet. Knowing Hazabar and Tigozan, they may be trying to avoid notice by keeping it dark...
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-08-04 at 05:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz gets off the speeder last and follows the others into the warehouse. He sidles up to trill and questioning croones What'zzzZo gotz? He tilts his head at her. He's awkwardly close.

7. - Top - End - #217

Trill glances at Yijz as he asks her why she's been studying Zo. "Maybe you should ask him," she says quietly, looking around for any sort of movement in the distance. "Best to do that inside, though." Many blocks away, in the light on the road outside of town, there are some troopers, but they probably can't see what Sharilyn and company are doing. Not unless they have infrared scopes, that is.

Yijz tries the door only to find that the warehouse is locked. Either it is empty, or the inhabitants are trying to maintain a low profile.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-08-04 at 09:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218

BlackDragon

Sharilyn says nothing, heading to put in the key for the bay door. She only intends to open it enough to give them clearance to slip inside, motioning for the others to come closer as she twists the key.

9. - Top - End - #219

Show
    Heh, I had assumed that the key would be electronic, this being Star Wars and all, but no biggie

The door opens with a deafening clang - or so it seems to the people outside, as it probably isn't actually that loud. Inside, it is almost completely dark. There is what might be a faint glimmer of a dim red light far in the back, not unlike what some construction lights are on when trying to provide illumination but conserve power.

At first it is difficult to see anything because of the darkness, but Trill produces a small flashlight that provides a faint, purplish radiance that illuminates the nearby objects. The storage crates in the front of the warehouse are neatly stacked in places where there were none earlier in the day, Eldrith and Sharilyn note - indeed, had these crates been here, Eldrith could not have flown the ship into the warehouse. Behind these crates is an array of the most dilapidated-looking speeders and swoop bikes imaginable. Eldrith and Sharilyn have no difficulty recognizing them, however: these are the bikes that Hazabar and Tigozan normally keep in a side garage in case somebody needs cheep transportation or in case a thief tries to steal something not worth very much.

Additionally, there is a thin layer of dirt on the floor that was not here earlier, and there are a great many booted footprints are visible in the dust. Trill bends down and inspects the prints. "The Imps have been here, but looks like they've gone," she whispers.

10. - Top - End - #220

BlackDragon

Show
    If Rogue One showed us anything, it's that manual mechanisms are still a thing. And useful for securing stuff.

"Cleared out. And we didn't even negotiate my pay." The Mandalorian says in a bleak tone, very probably in jest if her cynical jokes earlier were an indication. As Trill sweeps the light over the warehouse, she sighs. "I advise you stay off the dirt, turn your transponders off, no comm-links, Keep it to enunciators only." She says flatly, turning her own commlink off. "This feels like a trap." She unslings her rifle and keeps it at the ready. "I suggest we first head over to security and see about getting surveillance from the past few hours or so. I can keep watch on the door, or someone else can do that while I see what I can do about the big guy's collar. I'm more useful with hardware than software--suit's older than all of us put together, and I can understand some Shyriiwook." She looks to Chips. "Don't look at me like that, I'm not joking. I made friends with a Wookie some years ago. He got initiated into Keldau. Best damn fighter they have had in some time. Heard he ripped the forelimbs off an Acklay."

Show
    I need a reference name for the pistol she nicked assuming it's not just a standard pistol. In all likelihood I can pull up the stats on it whatever it is.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith stops a quarter second in time before speaking into the comm link that Tig had given him to stay in contact. He didnt see the harm but the mandalorian seemed to know her stuff so Eldrith goes along with it for now.

He puts the comm away and looks around the warehouse. It seemed strange that the equipment was moved around.

Why'd they move things?

The imps catch them and them moved the crates and bikes into the hanger? Doesnt make sense, unlikely at best especially cause they are non human

Eldrith takes out his scanner and starts looking around the warehouse. Like Trill said the imps had been here however just cause they were here doesnt mean they found anything. Tig was crafty and could have moved or hidden the craft.

Show

Eldrith is going to scanning for anything out of place especially in and around those crates I have a suspicion that they either cleared out of that they are hiding

To the point im not sure how scanners work do i roll a perception roll or how does that work.

Also could Eldrith know how smuggler operate with a underworld check or something like that? Im trying to suss out if this situation makes sense to Eldrith before hes like THE SHIP THEY TOOK THE SHIP WTF

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

12. - Top - End - #222

Show
    Ah, I was wondering when you were going to start actually asking questions instead of jumping to conclusions!

Unfortunately the EotE rulebook is really vague on what the capabilities of Eldrith's scanners are (they give ranges, but not what details they have), so I'm going to have to wing it. Realistically, if the scanner relies upon electromagnetic signals for detection purposes, then anything made of metal is going to block those signals, so I am going to say that Eldrith would need a more powerful scanner than what he can carry to detect anything hidden inside of a metal container. Obviously, more sophisticated scanning equipment would yield more results (for example the dolly cart that the scanning crew that boarded the Millennium Falcon in A New Hope were working with).

Knowing how smugglers operate would be Streetwise, I believe.

Standing inside of a largely metal warehouse, it is difficult for Eldrith to get readings on anything very far away, especially for anything with a metal wall between him and it.

Standing around him, Eldrith can plainly sense himself, Sharilyn, Zo, Yijz, and what he guesses can only be Trill, although it looks like she has a great number of other life-forms on her person. From what the scanner is telling him, the other life-forms that Trill is carrying have to be quite small, and have plant-like life signatures. Additionally, there are two more person-sized animal life-forms directly above Eldrith, through a floor above him, each carrying what look like heavily-magnetized objects, not unlike what one would expect for vibro-weapons.

Looking through the wall separating the interior warehouse from the exterior, Eldrith can see that some more stuff has been piled there, looking like more crates, some containing the cargo from the ship that Eldrith stole. One of the crates contains many more tiny plant life-forms not unlike the ones the scanner detects on and around Trill. The ship itself isn't visible.

There is a large metal partition, looking like a moveable room divider, that has been moved to cordon off a significant section of the interior storage area. On the scanner, it looks like an ordinary wall, but it wasn't there earlier in the day. The region cordoned off is just about exactly the right size to hide the missing ship, however.

Finally, there is a door to the side that contains a number of other objects, including what look like landspeeders.

Meanwhile, Trill has climbed up onto one of the crates and is shining her light over the floor ahead. "I see three doors. It doesn't look like the Imps went through any of them, or into the back half of the warehouse," she whispers back.

Just then, there is a tap of something from the beams up above - it could have been just an echo from Trill dropping off the crate, but Eldrith sees that the two life-forms above him moved slightly.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-08-06 at 11:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz follows the rest into the warehouse, doing his best to remain quiet. He takes a few sips from his bottle before returning it to his pack and his attention back on trill and the imperial threat.

Trillzy uhhhh, youz knowz 'omethingzabout-t-t-t allz dez uni-formi-z allz runningza-roundzy plaze?! Iz Zo havz 'omethingz zay want-t-t-t?

14. - Top - End - #224

BlackDragon

"Bah, fine. I'll go check security." Sharilyn grumbles, heading towards the office, or at least, what she thinks is the office to get into the cameras.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith stretches out his arm in a attempt to get Sharilyn attention and puts his index finger up to his mouth in a shush motion.

"There's two life signs right above us. Best guess from the readings that I'm getting they have vibro weapons on them too. Also, you heard that tap right"
    Eldrith notices that the life signs have moved and points out the direction to Sharilyn.

Eldrith starts making hand gestures trying to minimize how much noise he makes. He thinks he's making special forces gestures but it's mostly a bunch of nonsense and finger guns.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

16. - Top - End - #226
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo sighs as Eldrith gesticulates wildly.

I don't think Imperials often use vibroblades. It's more likely to be Tigozan's people. I think we should announce our presence on the comm they gave you."

Still, despite his words, his fingers curl around his vibroknuckles in his pocket and he hefts his shield warily.

Show

Could Petrified Walnut or someone roll a Farsight check for me? The roller I use doesn't work on my mobile. It will allow me to see normally in near total darkness if I manage to roll a Light Side.

Zo will also be keeping a weather eye out as Yijz is, so if I need to roll a Vigilance roll again feel free to roll on my behalf.

Just did 32 locks today one after the other on the canal boat, and several long tunnels. Lots of fun, but absolutely shattered!

Hopefully will be able to post tomorrow too, if we moor in a place with signal.

17. - Top - End - #227

Show
    Aww, your vacation sounds awesome! ('course I'm going to be doing one of my own in a little over a week).

I rolled two(!) light side for Zo, so he can use the Force to see in the dark.

I rolled one advantage for Zo for vigilance.

Trill looks at Yijz, and doesn't seem sure how to answer. Then she mutters "Oh yeah, the Imps," under her breath. She holds her finger over her mouth, then points upward - before Zo's rumbling voice echoes through the warehouse, that is.

There is more movement on the floor above, obviously creatures moving about. A moment later, the light on Eldrith's communicator turns on.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-08-07 at 07:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228

BlackDragon

"Standard issue infantry kit for Imperial Stormtroopers includes a vibroknife and an E-11 rifle, sidearms usually derived from the DC-15." Sharilyn says in a low voice. She tries to make sense of Eldrith's frantic attempts to nonverbal communication and she responds with a rude gesture of her own. "You too, bud." She then realizes that he had raised the wrong finger, shakes her head, raises her rifle and attempts to aim where's he's indicating.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

She doubles down, hitting the slider on her rifle. It emits a slight hum followed by a whine as the indicator on her rifle confirms that a full charge is cycled. "Fine, I'll take watch. Anything moves, and it dies."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith sees her gesture and interprets it as the mandolarian version of a thumbs up and he enthusiastically returns it.

Its then that he notices the comm light up. Looking between Sharilyn and Zo, then Zo and Sharilyn he press the comm and breathes in some air "Hsss hello" very quietly

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

20. - Top - End - #230

Hazabar's voice comes through the comm on the other side. "Eldrith, are you there? Are you back yet? We heard someone's voice and it sounded like your bouncer," Hazabar says. Although Eldrith can't quite make out what she is saying, he can also hear Tigozan's voice in the background. On his scanner, the two life-signs, which are now in a side-room partway descending (a stairwell?), have stopped moving momentarily.

21. - Top - End - #231

BlackDragon

Sharilyn sighs, opening her comm and speaking as lowly as she can. "This is The Red. Eldrith just implied you have multiple intruders, can you initiate a lockdown from your location or should I use the security station to do so?" She turns her gaze on the security room. "Just remember that I'm still on retainer, so ruminate only if you want to pay me another hour." She chuckles. Although as a mercenary she was probably less joking and more imagining bathing in credit chits.

22. - Top - End - #232

Sharilyn turns on her communicator to hear a verbal exchange between Tigozan and her other, mostly Gammorean, goons. Like most Gammoreans, these goons are none too bright, although they are smart enough to at least follow instructions such as "report contact before engaging" and other useful strategies. "One sec," she says, for a moment, then answers Sharilyn. "Red, are you inside the base? Reader says that four person-sized life signs are inside the main doors and one very large person-sized. Is that you?" she asks.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah we're at the warehouse. Looks like imps were already here but things all moved around including my ship. Are you all here? Where are you? Are you with the ship? You know the ship

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #234

BlackDragon

"Confirming two human females, one human male, one Gand male, one anx male, one wookie male. VIP, four freelancers, plus a wookie with a collar I need to take off." She says simply. "Confirm initiation of lockdown or instructions for doing so. Your guard will likely have a problem contending with ambushers and I don't want them fleeing with our equipment." She adds, with only a hint of urgency. "Because then I'm out of a job."

25. - Top - End - #235

"Excellent, Red - you said you saw intruders? Or do you mean our guards?" Tigozan answers Sharilyn. She mentions something to her brother, then switches the comm to some of the other guards, then switches it back to Sharilyn. "Our scanners aren't seeing anything but you and the guards - glad it's you and not more troopers coming back! Come back into the back of the warehouse, and don't turn on any lights. The Imperials left earlier because they fell for our 'this warehouse is abandoned' ruse, and we want them to keep thinking that if we can," she adds.

Hazabar pauses while talking to Tigozan for a moment, then answers Eldrith. "We're in the back. We put up a metal partition so that the Imps who came in earlier couldn't scan inside and find us or the ship. Good thing they fell for it!" he adds. "Tiz says you have two VIPs, a female Human and a Wookie. Is one of them Trill? Come in back, that way we'll have cover in case the Imps come back."

Meanwhile, in the back, there is the sound of a door opening.

Eldrith realizes that the abandoned look of the warehouse is indeed a ruse, and that the two upstairs are just guards keeping watch. He also realizes that the Imperials are probably searching every warehouse, seeing as they gave up on this one so quickly concluding that it held nothing of interest.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2017-08-09 at 10:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236

BlackDragon

"Probably. The freelancers will have to verify that. I did my part: Freelancers are in hand, and the bastards giving them trouble got a high calibre trepanning." Sharilyn chuckles, opening her enunciator to be heard locally. "Bosses are in the back, presumably with grub. Don't turn on any of the fixtures. I'll be right behind you, if that is Trill, I've got to go grab a spare cot for her and see if I've got anything that can fit her." She looks Trill up and down. "Probably not. I usually stick to bodygloves and plating. It's a good look, or so I'm told." She gestures to the others towards Haz and Tigo, stepping out of the light with a light hiss as she disappears into the darkness, giving her eyes time to adjust as she leaves to set up a bunk for Trill. Damned if she was going to make her bunk with the boys if she was the only girl freelancer on site for ages. She could afford a distinct lack of luxury.

"Grabbing cots for the guests and I'll be right over." Keeping Sharilyn on retainer for as long as they have made it very clear that she honored her contract, but had very little interest in anything beyond it. She slept, she ate in the room she was allowed to use as part of her retainer, she said very little and usually replaced everything she ate, cleaned the break room and left as little trace of being there as possible, but things changed now that she was being asked to deal with the other freelancers. She mused on the thought of working with them again before pulling her helmet back on in the utter blackness as she opened the door to the storage closet to pull out some cots.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Guests? But I have a...."

Zo trails off and looks pensive as he walks with the others towards the back and the sound of the opening door.

"...I guess it's not safe to go back to the bar while they still hold Tenga. Do you have any more of an idea where they are holding her?"

This last sentence is a little louder and directed at Eldrith, or more specifically his commlink.

28. - Top - End - #238

"Yes - yes I'm Trill," says the young red-headed woman as she walks through the door into the enclosure.

The enclosed area is barely big enough to contain the ship that Eldrith flew in earlier, but here it is, with an awning added to it extending over a bank of computer equipment and a cot where Skeeso is propped up on the side of a bunch of crates. Several have been opened, most of them full of computer pads, but some loaded with more fruit. Trill removes her heavy jacket, which seems especially heavy, and sets it on top of one of the fruit-laden crates, and goes over to Skeeso and kneels.

"I guess I need to thank you... are we the only ones?" asks the Rodian. "Oh, and the big fellow, the Anx... he says the weapon that alien had was a lightsaber..."

Trill rotates her body so that she can glance at Zo. "That is indeed what it was," she says. "I think we're the only ones alive, I'm sorry," Trill says. She sighs, then her voice takes on a harder edge. "Just knowing about that lightsaber puts everyone who knows in danger, so be careful whom you say that to in the future," she adds.

Trill then reaches for her jacket and into it, and pulls out a datapad, and looks up at Hazabar and Tigozan. "This datapad has the encryption keys to Captain Lodon's cargo. You'll need it to access the data on the rest of these pads," she says, offering it to Tigozan, who takes it gratefully. "I don't know what you promised Lodon, payment-wise, but I'd appreciate if you could continue to keep Skeeso safe while he heals - and while I get done everything I'm here for," she says, glancing at the fruit. She then leans against one of the crates, and closes her eyes momentarily, as if realizing how tired she is.

Tigozan fires up the datapad. "It needs a password," she says.

"'Skeeso lives'," Trill answers. "I locked it just in case someone couldn't steal it from me," she adds. Suddenly, her eyes bolt open again. "Oh, Chips' slave collar, let's get that off!"

Eldrith and Zo are about to get the collar off in about a minute - with a satisfying clank it comes off, and Chips is able to sit down, too. By now, Sharilyn has been able to get cots for everyone to lie on, well in addition to those already inside of the ship, which are still perfectly serviceable. As everybody gets physically settled, with Chips leaning up against the landing leg of the ship as the cots aren't quite big enough, and Trill still leaning against a crate as if wanting to pay attention to what happens, Tigozan then comes over to Zo with a datapad connected to a holoprojector. At the press of a button, a map of Linko Sorsia flickers on.

So, I wasn't able to find any details about Tenga specifically, but was able to find that the Imps are keeping all of their prisoners in the security office of the spaceport terminal. It's easily fortified and I wouldn't try to break into it. At 1600 hours tomorrow, they are to be moved to this location, about two hundred kilometers away," she says, pointing to a spot on the map east of Linko Sorsia. "I don't know why they'd be moved here. I always thought it was a mining camp owned by Corellian Engineering Corporation."

"Corellian Engineering Corporation is being nationalized by the Empire," Trill intejects. "It wouldn't surprise me if that's where the main Imperial base is." she adds.

"That will be good to keep in mind," Hazabar answers.

"In any case I wasn't able to find out what kind of vehicles the Imps will be using for the transport, other than that it will apparently be some kind of ground vehicle. Since the Imperials appeared in Linko Sorsia rather suddenly, I suspect that their supply of hardware is somewhat limited, so it may not look like standard Imperial troop carriers, and if it's going to be a clandestine operation, then it will probably be less heavily guarded than it might be otherwise. That means that this convoy might be a good place to intercept and attempt a rescue."

"I don't know how familiar you people are with galactic standard time, but right now it is about 0100, and Sidarin has a 22-standard-standard hour day, so it will be late afternoon when this convoy moves," Hazabar notes.

Chips grunts in Shyriiwook. "He'd like to help," Hazabar translates.

29. - Top - End - #239

BlackDragon

Settling in was loosely defined. Sharilyn paced restlessly while the work was being done, realizing the issue of height o Chips versus the cot. She mentally makes notes of Chips' dimensions and starts pulling apart webbing and rigs a simple hammock in a wide enough area to accommodate him. The fatigue had set in, Sharilyn grabbing a crate in the dim lighting and sitting up. As if by design, removing her helmet and placing it by her thigh simply revealed red hair that spilled past her collar. At Chip's request to join, she lets out an airy sigh. She certainly sounded much younger without her helmet. Barely an adult. Nineteen at the oldest. "Is that wise? You'll need to get your energy up. I'm not averse to letting you take risks on our behalf, but there's risk and there's waste. And I doubt that monster whose eyes I cooked bothered feeding you very well." Her voice filter seemed to mask her tone as well, but she didn't sound like the apathetic mercenary type.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Eh, youz checkza collerz forza t-t-trackyzing devizez? Youz knowza thingz dat goz beepz beepz and youz knowz wherza lozt zlavey iz... Don't-t-tz be needingzany impz followzing uzzzz...

He listens to the spiel. Not sure how this went from another drunk day at the pub, to attacking an imperial convoy to rescue rebels. He shakes his head in amazement. Odd life he thinks. Very odd. All so quick, too easy, how easily he slipped back into it.

--------------------------------------------------------

Get back to work! I ain't saying it again! Now or never boys!

The crew supervisor yelled over the sudden silence. Tools and machines shut down or set down. The miner's face lamps blinding the supervisor, as the group all looked his way at once.

A squat miner pushes his way from the back.
    Iz thingz notzo much of that-t-t gonnaz be 'appen'nzingz todayz!
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-08-10 at 06:34 PM.