New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My webcomic "Thieves can't"

The Power of Backstory Compels You!

The throne of... well, not skulls, at least.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    The Power of Backstory Compels You!

The throne of... well, not skulls, at least.
    If Candor was a Dragonborn, it could have been "Books for the Book Wyrm".

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    If Candor was a Dragonborn, it could have been "Books for the Book Wyrm".
    +1 Internet for you. Awesome.
    Last edited by Max_Killjoy; 2019-01-09 at 12:55 PM.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

"I think I speak for all of us..."

I guess the Tiefling CHA bonus still works for this.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

"I think I speak for all of us..."

I guess the Tiefling CHA bonus still works for this.
    Great-great grandad was Admodeus, but Grandpa was Smaug's cousin, so dragon is a more dominant trait.

And yeah, it sucks when someone shuts down your groove. The whole point of D&D is to be a giant ham that makes Brian Blessed to think it's all a bit much.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Great-great grandad was Admodeus, but Grandpa was Smaug's cousin, so dragon is a more dominant trait.

And yeah, it sucks when someone shuts down your groove. The whole point of D&D is to be a giant ham that makes Brian Blessed to think it's all a bit much.
    Unfortunately, Keelie's player cares not for your RP, it's all about the numbers and the kill and the loot.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Character Redesigns for Hoard of the Dragon Queen

I like all four. The new outfits obviously belong to each character, while also reflecting the changes to their "builds" for the new campaign.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Agreed. While writing would have been enough for me to check for updates, the art style really makes it worth it.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Thieves Can't Ask Questions.

New comic up -- the best part of a Monday.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

Very nice comic. The only problem I had was when the first long story ended, it was somewhat unexpected. Otherwise, it's cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

“Can Our Kobolds Have Sidekick Levels?” should be the title or tagline of something.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, good old Kobold Diplomacy. It isn't a DnD campaign without it (seriously, over the course of about 6 years parties I've been in have graduated from diplomancing a single Kobold on our first session ever to having about half a roman Legions'worth of Kobolds obeying our every command in our most recent campaign).
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Randuir View Post
    Ah, good old Kobold Diplomacy. It isn't a DnD campaign without it (seriously, over the course of about 6 years parties I've been in have graduated from diplomancing a single Kobold on our first session ever to having about half a roman Legions'worth of Kobolds obeying our every command in our most recent campaign).
    To be fair, kobolds are pretty awesome. At least in my (not so humble) opinion.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Could you give a Kobold some levels in Bard, use today's Aracana Check, and have a Rock and Roll Kobold?

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Could you give a Kobold some levels in Bard, use today's Aracana Check, and have a Rock and Roll Kobold?
    Make a group of them that are allies of a Druidic Circle and get Kobolds in Silvanus' Service

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Keelie would do very well in older editions of D&D, with retainers being a primary resource for a typical adventuring party.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Firbolg in the Playground

This comic is great!
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    This comic is great!
    Drop a comment under the comic and let them know.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Sling Slang.

Or "Good, bad... I'm the man with the pun."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Thieves Can't... Blow That Horn.

I've been there as a GM.

And as a player, when it comes to the puzzle, which is why I'm lukewarm on puzzles in RPGs. Unless carefully handled, they so often come down to some crucial detail that the players missed, or something the DM considers obvious that the players don’t, or players off on a tangent that has nothing to do with how the puzzle actually works, or players paranoid about the consequences of trying it and getting it wrong, or…

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Thieves Can't Do It All

There are mimics, and then there are mimics...

"A mimic walks into a bar... he should have watched where he was going."

"Two mimics walk into a bar... you'd think they'd have noticed the first one and stopped in time. "
    Last edited by Max_Killjoy; 2019-04-02 at 01:25 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I would call that a fair play as a player.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Alternate title... "Everybody Must Get Stoned".

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Post Re: My webcomic "Thieves can't"

Thieves Can't Eat Local

But... is it non-GMO, clean, gluten-free, free-range, and paleovegan?
    Last edited by Max_Killjoy; 2019-05-02 at 08:36 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground