New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Question where can I find maps?

As a DM (or GM if you prefer), I'm good as some things and not at others. One of the things I'm not good at is maps.
    I don't need close up maps (i.e. rooms). What I need is general world and village/city maps.

Does anyone know where I can find them?

Thank You,
    Lynx
    I play with my son and his friends. Prefer to DM and enjoy finding new creatures for them.

I am currently working on a campaign setting using 99% homebrew creatures and NPC, and sprinkling in homebrew items, spells, and potions.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature (in a kobold temple complex)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: where can I find maps?

What sort of quality? Historically accurate, photographic, artist's rendition, procedurally generated, etc.?

Things like Chichen Itza or Angkor Wat make great places in a game. They also have the benefit of being easy to find cartographic reproductions of and free.
    Remember: On the Internet, no one knows how old you are. Until you hit "Send".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

So if you're feeling pirate-y, you can pick up tons of maps off google images(I say pirate-y because some of the maps that show up won't be free). If you're willing to shell out some money, there are plenty of places you can buy maps or map tiles for easy assembly.

There's also several good map generators if you google "rpg map generator"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by lynx502 View Post
    As a DM (or GM if you prefer), I'm good as some things and not at others. One of the things I'm not good at is maps.
    I don't need close up maps (i.e. rooms). What I need is general world and village/city maps.

Does anyone know where I can find them?

Thank You,
    Lynx
    Honestly, I like to find world maps of my favorite games and then mix and match cities with the game worlds or flip the world map upside down.

I've been doing this for years and my groups haven't caught on...

One group has been playing on FF IX's world map but turned like 65 degrees lol

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: where can I find maps?

What sort of quality? Historically accurate, photographic, artist's rendition, procedurally generated, etc.?

I was looking for artistic renditions, but the idea of historically accurate works too.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas,
    Lynx
    I play with my son and his friends. Prefer to DM and enjoy finding new creatures for them.

I am currently working on a campaign setting using 99% homebrew creatures and NPC, and sprinkling in homebrew items, spells, and potions.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature (in a kobold temple complex)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

I know there are a number of maps here . They are a resource for publishing on DMG, but I don't see anything wrong personal use of the products here. Many are free or have pay what you want options. Good luck :)