Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon

Thread: Ebbeg

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Ebbeg

I have recently read "Killing Joke" and "The Man Who Laughs". As a result, I'm suffering from Obsessive Joker Compulsion. He is the true incarnation of Chaotic Evil and the father of all supervillains. I just HAVE to build a campaign around a Jokeresque villain. He would of course be an Exceedingly BBEG.

Question is how? I really have nothing about it at the moment. I'd like to have some FLUFF ideas about such a villain. Preferably in a low power, low fantasy, grittyish setting that does NOT use DnD.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully, I'll get enough ideas to yoink.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ebbeg

I believe that the Joker's alignment was hotly debated in the Comic Books forum. I personally agree with CE, but others have varying opinions. There are valid counterarguments for NE, or even CN.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

CN? Joker? Oh, that's probably from the stupid "prankster thief" incarnation of 60s (or was it 70s?).

Anyone who's read Killing Joke can't possibly argue he's anything but CE. Or can they?
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

There is a monster, the "jester" in Heroes of Horror that fits somewhat with the joker.

Also there is a jester class in dragon magazine compendium.

Maybe you can adapt those to your needs.

Finally I've to say that I love the Joker, not the stupid "prankster thief", the other one.