Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1447
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

A nice solid elephant that pumps up creatures in particular, thats a good RG. Balanced cost and activated ability, and base stats means it could last though some basic removal.

Grand Howdah 4
    Artifact- Equipment
    Equipped creature has +1/+1 for each crewing creature, and all keywords of all crewing creatures.
    Equip 4
    Equip Elephant 2
    Crew X

Next Challenge; A token generator!
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    A nice solid elephant that pumps up creatures in particular, thats a good RG. Balanced cost and activated ability, and base stats means it could last though some basic removal.

Grand Howdah 4
    Artifact- Equipment
    Equipped creature has +1/+1 for each crewing creature, and all keywords of all crewing creatures.
    Equip 4
    Equip Elephant 2
    Crew X

Next Challenge; A token generator!
    I can see what you're trying to do and it seems okay but how you've tried to do it is horrendous. Crewing means a vehicle and needs p/t and I'm pretty sure it falls off one crewed and a variable cost for crewing doesn't work as you can always crew with extra anyway. What you want is:

Creatures you control have "T: Creature equipped by ~ gains +1/+1 and all of this creatures abilities until end of turn. Activate this ability only when you could cast a sorcery."
    Equip 4
    Equip Elephant 2

Or something along these lines. Given different things become keywords over time and older cards have it written out (vigilance for example), if there are cards predating an ability being keyworded being played, you don't want to have things get more complicated. Nice idea, poor execution.

Recycling plant 3
    Artifact U
    Whenever another non-token artifact is put in your graveyard from the battlefield, create a Treasure token.
    2, sacrifice ~, T: Return target artifact from your graveyard to your hand.

Challenge: something else that would fit in an artifact heavy set. Or in a breakfast deck
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nice, this is another good piece in a kci deck. I think it is probably okay but I do worry a little that for 3 you get a piece that helps with mana and recursion.

Spare Parts 2
    Legendary Artifact Creature - Construct Monk R
    Whenever an artifact is put into the graveyard from the battlefield put a +1/+1 counter on Spare Parts

Sacrifice Spare Parts: Add X to your mana pool where X is equal to Spare Parts' power, use this mana only to cast artifact spells.
    "Theres no reason to fight it, the circle of renewal takes each of us in our time."
    1/1

This might be more of a hardened scales card.

Make a card that would help a deck thats gotten a card banned or a card with unearth or an enchantment. Bonus points if you can do all of them.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-03-05 at 10:35 AM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Dwarf in the Playground

Neat card! Good in multiple decks.

Tezzeret's Machinations 3UW
    Enchantment
    Sacrifice an artifact: Add U.
    Sacrifice ~: Return each artifact that entered your graveyard from the battlefield this turn to the battlefield.
    Unearth UWW

5. - Top - End - #1385

OldWizardGuy

Ah, something to set up the infamous winter mill combo I heard about. As it is, a good enchantment because it can combo nicely with artifact token generators for increasing mana ramp.

Primal Warding 2GR
    Enchantment R
    Hexproof from White and Blue
    Whenever an opponent casts an instant or sorcery spell ~ deals 2 damage to them
    Whenever an opponent counters a spell, gain 2 life

Next Challenge; A knight or noble!
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seems a little too narrow to me, compare to Kambal, Consul of Allocation. They have set a prescient of allowing green red to have helix effects and I think 4 is the right cost but the color restriction is unnecessary imo. Maybe giving the card an activated ability would round it out?

Proud Conquerer 1BB
    Creature - Human Knight R
    First Strike
    When ~ deals damage to a player that player discards a card, then if they have 2 or fewer cards in their hand transform ~.
    3/2
    //
    Cruel Ruler
    Creature - Human Noble
    Whenever an opponent discards a land card add BB.
    Whenever an opponent discards a creature card create a 2/2 black knight creature token.
    Whenever an opponent discards a non-land, non-creature card draw a card.
    3/4

Make a card that is thematically linked to horse shoes, hair, sponges, or farming.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1387

OldWizardGuy

Primal Warding was actually modeled somewhat on a version of Leyline of Combustion, with a hexproof defense against civilization and a green effect for life gain when blue counters some of your spells.

And Proud Conquerer starts off strong, but has a few removal options. Add in the nice discard effect and you can start making the foe lose assets... and transforms nicely into something that fits in nicely with a Blue/Black deck focused on making it so your opponent has nothing to actually do.Overall, a very solid card that transforms into a nightmare.

Shoes of the North Wind 3
    Snow Artifact- Equipment R
    Equipped creature has +0/+2, Haste and 'When this creature deals combat damage to another creature, tap that creature. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.'
    Equip Horse 1

Next Challenge; A curse!
    Last edited by Warmatt; 2020-03-06 at 01:26 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Troll in the Playground

It can only equip horses? You could easily drop the initial mana cost down to 1 or 0, then. Horse Tribal needs all the help it can get.

Your Contract Has Expired - BB
    Enchantment - Aura Curse R
    Enchant Opponent
    At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player chooses one that has not been chosen yet:
    - Enchanted player gains 5 life
    - Enchanted player returns a card from their graveyard to their hand
    - Destroy Your Contract Has Expired. Its owner creates a 5/5 black Demon Spirit creature token with Lifelink and Deathtouch.
    Cycling 1B (1B, discard this card: Draw a card.)

Challenge! Make a rebel!
    Mina, Lynera, Ajax, Vena.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Dwarf in the Playground

This seems like a fine curse if a little slow. You play it then you can't attack with the demon you eventually get until 3 turns after you play it and even then the attack doesn't really matter since they gained 5 life. So you don't swing for real dmg until 4 turns after. Maybe have them discard a card as well? The cycling is kind of nice but I don't see how that plays into the flavor of the card.

Hidden Safehouse
    Tribal Land - Rebel
    When ~ enters the battlefield if it entered from your library, return target rebel permanent you control to its owner's hand.
    T: add 1

Make a mercenary!
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

This seems like a mistake. Even if it could only tap for mana I still wouldn't think it was a good idea. I get Rebels are a bit pricey to activate, but that gives you even more reason to want to ramp with them. Giving white access to repeatable ramp doesn't seem safe. This then has a super relevant additional upside on top of that.

Sadly mercenaries suck. And they've even stopped printing mercenaries and rebels thematically. Luckily you didn't mention anything about it being a mercenary in any rules wise way.

Ruthless Sell-Sword - 1BR
    Creature - Ogre Warrior - R
    Menace
    Ruthless Sell-Sword can't block.
    Whenever Ruthless Sell-Sword deals combat damage to an opponent, you may have it deal 2 damage to target creature that player controls.
    3/3

Another repeated source of removal.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

11. - Top - End - #1391

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    Ruthless Sell-Sword - 1BR
    Creature - Ogre Warrior - R
    Menace
    Ruthless Sell-Sword can't block.
    Whenever Ruthless Sell-Sword deals combat damage to an opponent, you may have it deal 2 damage to target creature that player controls.
    3/3

Another repeated source of removal.
    Seems like a pretty efficient and powerful creature on an aggro deck. It can clear out chump blockers for your other creatures while being tough to take down itself. The only thing is I'm not sure about the black; this feels like it could be mono-red without any issues.

Cloaked Strangler 2BB
    Creature- Human Assassin (U)
    Skulk
    Whenever Cloaked Strangler deals combat damage to a player, destroy target creature that player controls with converted mana cost 2 or less.
    2/4

Challenge: An uncommon planeswalker!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2020-03-08 at 04:38 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1392

OldWizardGuy

A nice enough assassin that has a lovely effect when it manages to go through the enemy lines... and would allow it to knock off a number of tokens and small combo creatures, so is very nice.

Bob, From Accounting 1BW
    Legendary Planeswalker- Bob UC
    Mana from Treasure Tokens count as any kind of mana
    +1; Until the start of your next turn, other non-land permanents you control have Extort
    -2; Until the end of the turn, whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to another player, create X Treasure tokens, where X is that creatures CMC

Next Challenge; Something holiday themed

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Dwarf in the Playground

Luckrochaun 2UUU
    Creature - Dwarf
    Hexproof, protection from green
    At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin.
    At the beginning of your end step, flip a coin.
    Whenever a player casts a spell, flip a coin.
    Whenever you win a flip, create a Treasure token.
    Whenever you lose a flip, you may pay 1. If you do, draw a card.
    2/2

Create another St. Patty's day card.
    Last edited by KAmber; 2020-03-09 at 10:37 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1394

OldWizardGuy

No feedback for my planeswalker? Sadness that. Though really, should have had the cost be 1(B/W)(W/U) to really sell the accountant idea.

As it is, Luckrochaun has a lot of flipping , lacks a rarity and a Patty days card feels like there should be some green on general principle. As it is, a solid little card that allows for extra card draw and the means to keep drawing when you win.

Soul of the Fighting Drunk 2GR
    Enchantment Creature- Bear Spirit R
    At the beginning of each combat phase, flip a coin. If heads, ~ fights target creature you don't control. If tails, tap ~.
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage you may discard a card. If you do, place a +1/+1 counter on ~ and draw a card.
    Bestow GR (Enchanted creature has +1/+1 and At the beginning of each combat phase, flip a coin. If heads, ~ fights target creature you don't control. If tails, tap ~. Whenever ~ deals combat damage you may discard a card. If you do, place a +1/+1 counter on ~ and draw a card.)
    3/3

Next Challenge; A St. Patty's day equipment!
    Last edited by Warmatt; 2020-03-09 at 11:40 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Dwarf in the Playground

This card is fun, I really like that it has prot green. I think that generating on when either player casts a spell makes it too strong though. This card seems like it would enable long chains of storming off without too much difficulty. The flavor is great tho.

Pinch 1R
    Sorcery C
    Pinch deals 2 damage to any target. If a non-green permanent is targeted this way tap it, it loses all abilities until the end of the turn.

Ninja'd!
    Soul of the Fighting Drunk 2GR

I don't love the use of coin here, bestow is nice but the tails roll could lead to bad play patterns where your creature can never attack. Also the bestow tests references ~ when it should be talking about the enchanted creature.

Lucky Shamrock 3
    Artifact Equipment U
    Equip 1
    Equipped creature gets +1/+1
    Whenever equipped creature attacks create a treasure token.
    Sacrifice ~: Equipped creature gets hexproof and indestructible until the end of the turn.

Make a card that deals with germs or proliferates.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-03-09 at 11:57 AM. Reason: ninja'd
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

No love for the silver-bordered green die-rolling theme nor for the Eldraine shamrock adventure theme, huh? Ah well. I feel like this shamrock does one thing too many, and I am not 100% on what each function represents that the others couldn’t do sufficiently, but it functions perfectly well as a protection method with extra ramp functionality if your important payload isn’t out yet.

Flexing Swell - G
    Instant - C
    Living Spell (You may cast this spell with no target. If this spell would resolve with no target, create a 0/0 black Germ creature token as the target.)
    Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
    ”I sure am ;)”
    - Germ, last words

Challenge! Make a non-blue creature that lives in the sea.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-03-09 at 01:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1397

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Flexing Swell - G
    Instant - C
    Living Spell (You may cast this spell with no target. If this spell would resolve with no target, create a 0/0 black Germ creature token as the target.)
    Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
    ”I sure am ;)”
    - Germ, last words

Challenge! Make a non-blue creature that lives in the sea.
    This spell seems pretty neat, though the fact that it can read "Deal 2 damage to target attacking creature" is a bit weird color-pie wise. I don't think Living Spell can have that much depth, since almost every spell with it is going to have to have "Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn" or "Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature". You could have some cards without it that have sacrifice synergy, but I just don't see much use in it besides the initial "Oh, that's a neat idea."

Bountiful Reef 1W
    Creature- Wall (C)
    Defender
    At the beginning of your end step, you gain 1 life.
    The floating sea-cities cluster around reefs as they once did around rivers and lakes.
    0/4

Challenge: A color-hate card!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2020-03-09 at 07:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

Congratulations, you've made Nyx Fleece Ram. Its butt is a little smaller and you gain the life a bit earlier, but it's nyx fleece ram.

Magehunter Dryad - 1G
    Creature - Dryad - R
    Hexproof
    Whenever an opponent casts a Black or a Blue spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Magehunter Dryad
    1/1

Another 1/1 that grows.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2020-03-10 at 06:26 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Dwarf in the Playground

This card is fine, I'm glad it only cares about spells your opponents cast. For it to be too stat-y your opponent needs to cast around 3 spells so they will really have to dig their own grave.

Spoiler: flowering hydra
    Show
    Flowering Hydra GG
    Creature-Hydra
    Whenever a source your opponent controls deals damage to ~ destroy it. Then at the beginning of your next upkeep create two tapped token copies of ~.
    1/1

Goblin Paragon 1R
    Creature - Goblin Shaman R
    Whenever you cast a spell ~ deals damage to you equal to that spell's converted mana cost then put an equal number of +1/+1 counters on ~.
    3: Destroy ~, any player may use this ability.
    1/1

Make a card that either references slivers or has a sliver in its art.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-03-10 at 09:59 AM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Dwarf in the Playground

This Card Has a Sliver In Its Art, It's Just Invisible 1U
    Creature - Sliver? U (Silver Border)
    Slivers you control are invisible. (They can't be seen except by creatures with Truesight or Tremorsense.)
    1/1

Make another silverborder card either about the Coronavirus, Apples to Apples, or Cuphead.
    Last edited by KAmber; 2020-03-10 at 10:36 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

KAmber, just so you know, you're generally expected to write a short critique for the previous card as well.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Troll in the Playground

Goblagon is... not good. The only use I can think of is to trick your opponent into killing it instead of holding up a counterspell, thereby allowing you to play your real threat on turn 3 or so.

Invisible Sliver's text doesn't mean anything even in silver-bordered land. If that reminder text is meant as a cute way of saying it can't be blocked, it's not coming across as clearly as you might have thought.

Soup Gnome - 3
    *Its head is a cauldron of neon-green liquid decorated with hazard warning stickers.
    Artifact Creature - Gnome C
    Deathtouch
    2/1

Challenge! Gnome!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-03-11 at 02:29 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1403

ElfMonkGuy

Soup Gnome - 3
    (Its oversized head appears to be a cauldron of sloshing neon-green liquid. It's decorated with stickers indicating various hazard warnings.)
    Artifact Creature - Gnome C
    Deathtouch
    2/1

Challenge! Gnome!
    Deathtouch on a cheap-ish colorless creature seems odd to me for some reason, but this seems like a fine card.

Perpetual Assembler 5
    Creature- Gnome (R)
    At the beginning of your upkeep, tap Perpetual Assembler and each other Gnome you control. Create a 1/1 colorless Gnome artifact creature token for each Gnome tapped this way.
    2/3

Challenge: Something that punishes token decks!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2020-03-11 at 12:15 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

For 5 generic mana, this is kind of ridiculous. You effectively get exponentially increasing tokens. Maybe just create half as much?

Giovanna, Myth Maker WU
    Legendary Creature - Human Bard R
    Whenever a nonlegendary creature attacks and isn't blocked, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
    Creatures with one or more counters on them are legendary.
    2/2

Make a card whose name is partially borrowed from the name of any of this thread's posters, or make a card that looks like it gives an opponent some card advantage, but not really. Bonus for both.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Troll in the Playground

At first I misread the challenge as pushes token decks and your card made me really confused. I was going to say that this focuses tokens down way too hard, but... it kind of doesn't? GMM can play with your own tokens pretty well, if you run a few different types and avoid making too many at once. I kind of like it. My biggest beef is probably that it doesn't feel blue to me - ironically, your anti-token card might fit in better with Selesnya colors.

Land Zodiac - BRG
    *It's a placemat from a Chinese restaurant with several basic land cards taped to it.
    Enchantment - R
    Tap an untapped land you control with the same name as a land target opponent controls: Target creature you control can't be blocked by creatures that opponent controls until end of turn.

Challenge! Make the arch-enemy of the squirrel.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-03-11 at 02:21 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

So it mostly works with basics, but with this manacost you probably don't want it in a five color deck. I'm guessing it's just a board card for the matchups where it can be relevant. I'm not a huge fan of it, it feels too much like landwalk, and it doesn't even that good to give this conditional unblockable and still have to pay 1 each time.
    Also the wording is slightly off, you can't mention target in the cost. I think I would make it:
    Tap an untapped land you control: Target creature can't be blocked this turn by creatures whose controller controls a land with the same name as the tapped land.

I thought the arch enemy of the squirrels was Plague Engineer.

Despicable Hermit - 3BG
    Creature - Elf Druid - R
    When Despicable Hermit enters the battlefield, create four Black and Green 1/1 Zombie Squirrel tokens.
    Zombies you control get +1/+1.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice a creature.
    1/1

Make another card that's a callback, (this is a callback to Deranged Hermit and Deep Forest Hermit).
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2020-03-11 at 02:40 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not sure how this is the archenemy of squirrel decks, this is another squirrel card! I think its fine but should maybe sacrifice other creatures and not itself.

Sylvan Berry 2G
    Sorcery U
    Gain 4 Life exile the top two cards of your library. At the beginning of your next two upkeeps you may add a card exiled with ~ to your hand.

Make a card that cares about a number.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2020-03-11 at 07:01 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know what this is a reference to. Maybe Sylvan Library? All I know is that I'm never going to remember whether I cast this two turns ago or three.

Fourwarning - 3U
    Instant - C
    Choose one -
    - Counter target spell with converted mana cost 4
    - Put target permanent with converted mana cost 4 into its owner's library 4th from the top
    - Search your library for a card with converted mana cost 4, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
    - I couldn't think of another option, so I turned this last bullet into flavor text

Challenge! Kill two birds with one stone!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-03-11 at 04:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1409

ElfMonkGuy

Fourwarning - 3U
    Instant - C
    Choose one -
    - Put target permanent with converted mana cost 4 into its owner's library 4th from the top
    - Search your library for a card with converted mana cost 4, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
    - I couldn't think of another option, so I turned this last bullet into flavor text

This does quite a bit for a common. The 3rd option definitely seems like the most powerful, since 4 is a pretty versatile CMC. You could fetch removal, a good threat, or some powerful planeswalkers with that. The first two are much narrower, but still potentially useful. I think this would be balanced, but it'd be better at uncommon.

Sharpshooter's Shot 1G
    Sorcery (C)
    Destroy two target creatures with flying.
    Sometimes, in making a perfect blow, you miss ten good ones.

Hey, look, sometimes originality is overrated.
    Challenge: A card that's based on a fairy tale!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2020-03-11 at 09:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fourwarning - 3U
    Instant - C
    Choose one -
    Funny flavor text. This card is drastically underpowered, but it's an almost playable limited card. The name would probably be different outside silver border.

Primitive Barrage -- 1G
    Sorcery -- C
    Destroy target creature with Flying. You gain 3 life.
    Flashback G

One of these days Plummet will be playable in limited. One of these days.

Challenge: A commander for my Archer tribal deck. Mono-G is good, but adding R, W, or both also works.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor