New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Magus class (traditional, not sword stuff), need help with fluff and archetypes

Link here

I made a class that suits my playstyle, which resembles something between the sorcerer, wizard and warlock classes, with a focus on support. The earlier versions had no archetype, but now I changed it up to include one. I called it the Patronus (inspired by Harry Potter patronus spells), which is what brings in the support potential. Wards, abjuration spells, but no healing.

What I particularly like about the Patronus archetype is that it has a mystical side to it. That's what I'm aiming for with the rest of the class. At first it was a pew-pew blasting combat class, and something to do with runes. I was also considering a spellsword archetype, but it's too similar to the eldritch knight. There was also some consideration on golems, but Idk how to execute it well.

So I was thinking, what if there were more mystic-like archetypes, like a lunar/star magus, or some kind of oracle archetype? About a year ago I was developing an oracle for sorcerer, and ended up with this. I guess you could say it's a predecessor to the homebrew that lead to this.

I'm lost on how to change it up to be coherent.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Keundt; 2017-02-13 at 11:26 PM.