Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Intro - Captured by the Drow - TomaFox

Spiros, having not moved at all from the corner of the cell he sits in, bows his head serenely in acknowledgement to Sorrak's final statement. "Indeed."
    Jophine Dustwallow avatar by Shades of Gray

Spoiler: Other Avatar
    Show

Avatar: Tarina Davenledge, Cleric of Mishakal by Gorgon_Heap

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

@Bryn
    "Begone, degenerate!" - It's clear he won't break into conversation easily. During the last few days, you noticed him getting gradually worse and weaker. He seems really sick.

@Sorrak
    At some point, Eldeth asks you to promise to take her shield and warhammer to her family, if you manage to escape but she doesn't, or if something happens to her.

You heard the derro believe they were created by the god Diirinka, but dwarven scholars explained to you, in the past, that in truth, they were the result of cruel experimentations mind flayers performed on dwarves to create a slave race. Eventually, the derro freed themselves. They have a tendency for being cruel and insane. The derro have no known settlements or place to call home, and are usually treated as second-class citizens while living in the Underdark civilized locations. Your fellow dwarves always advised you to be careful around the derro.

Myconids are intelligent, ambulatory fungi that live in the Underdark, seek enlightenment, and deplore violence. If approached peacefully, myconids gladly provide shelter or allow safe passage through their colonies. They also reproduce and communicate using spores.

- The interior spaces of the outpost are dimly illummated by lanterns containing phosphorescent fungi. The exterior is dark.

- They are not always together. Sometimes they all gather in the same place, other times you see two of them walking together or visiting each other; most of the time each of them walks alone through the outpost. You don't know for sure how they behave inside their quarters. The guards usually patrol in pairs or groups of three.

- Each and every drow guard in the outpost wears a similar ring of keys hanging from a belt, so you may assume every one of them has a key to the slave pen's door.

- The gate is indeed vertical bars, but none of you could slip through it, even the smaller races.

@Nihilus
    Roll Persuasion if you want to convince the myconid that you mean him no harm.

@Glennan
    Ront calms himself while sadly telling you his story, but bursts into rage once again when he finishes it, "I ran away while brothers were slain by dwarves. No place to go back. Gruumsh will never forgive...Never!"

@Everyone

- The slave pen, where you'll start the adventure is area 11;
    - 1 and 13 are watch posts;
    - 12 is a cave similar to the slave pen, but has no gate, and it seems only the quaggoth slaves enter and exit it;
    - 2,3 and 4 are the areas where the drow guards spend most of their time, but you don't know what's where; but 5 you know to be a winch and-basket device that funcions as a lift. Two quaggoth stand near it and operate it most of the time;
    - 6,7,8 are where the elite drow, Mistress Ilvara and the junior priestess included, spend most of their time;
    - 10 is a guard tower, overseeing the whole outpost; three guards on duty at all times;
    - 9 is a waterfall, which you can hear at all times, even from inside the slave pen; This negates the cave's tendency to amplify and carry sounds;
    - Bndges of spider·silk rope connect the walkways to the guard tower and the entrance to the priestess's tower.
    - Looking down, you can see dense webs of giant spiders, and you know there's a pool of water down there as well.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Fresh Baked, Hot, Buttery Roll
    Show
    the persuasion roll, as asked (1d20+2)[15]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGirl

It appeared she'd said the wrong thing. With Ront back into a rage, it would only draw the attention of the guards.

<"If you've nowhere to go, you can stick with me. Your tribe may not take you back, but I believe there's more to you than cowardice.">

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Attempting a persuade check, to see if I can convince him.

(1d20+4)[17]

While Ront decides on his answer, Glennan hesitantly approaches the other prisoners talking about an escape attempt. She switches back to Common in order to address them.

"Pardon me, I couldn't help but overhear. If there's any way I an aid in any sort of attempt, don't hesitate to ask it of me. I'd be more than happy to leave this dank hole with my life quite intact."

In particular she smiles at Spiros.

"I can see you're a holy man. I'm a Paladin, myself. It's my hope to take the Oath of Devotion, when the time comes."
    Red Sun: a D&D 5e setting based on DC comics!

Red Sun Redux: a revised and revamped version that includes the new content released since the first version of the setting.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Look, we can take the three guards in the tower if we can get out. Then sever the bridge and drop to the water below. From there it looks like we may be able to escape through the caves." Groll lowers his grumbling voice to address the others.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorrak Slatebreaker

Keeping to their native tongue, Sorrak does his best to comfort and embolden Eldeth. A proud dwarven woman like herself need not count themselves down and out just yet but he could understand her wanting her wishes known just in case. "I can assure that if the need arises I shall carry out your wishes to the best of my ability ma'am. I figure it best that we keep on minds to the task at hand and do what must be done that you--we all--return home on our own terms though." His thoughts linger on the idea of being safe inside Gauntlgrym and being able to sleep in a proper bed again. He shakes the image from his mind though, best to not be distracted now.

Weighing some of the ideas put forth by the other prisoners, the dwarf chimes in once more, perhaps to their dismay. His voice a hushed, gruff, whisper-talk... once again in common. "I don't think simply running is enough. Strolling into the caves down here with Drow on our heels, the unknown ahead of us, and not so much as a club to defend ourselves doesn't sound like the soundest of plans." He motions toward Groll, the hulking dragonborn who had most recently piped in. "You may be able to use your skills as-is, but some of the others might very much appreciate their equipment."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    More Questions for the DM:

- What time of day is it? In the sense of is it before our work or after it? When is food time or has it passed already?

- Do I know how far it is from here to Gauntlgrym? Even a rough estimate? If it matters I have the Underdark Experience background feature.
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Spiros smiles warmly when addressed by Glennon. "It is wonderful to hear that the words of the gods are not forgotten, especially in dark times such as this. Whichever god you serve will welcome your sword and your faith into their service."

Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

When the hairy deep gnome jumps to his sister's aid Groll will take up beside him. "Hey, why don't you morons take someone big enough to put up a fight?! I bet I would win in a fight one on one! I know you can understand me, I will not be ignored!" Groll raises his voice to a shout for the first time since he arrived, but it seems he is holding back. He looks aggitated and is putting on a good show.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

9. - Top - End - #39

BlackDragon

Sadly, the delusional dragonman is right, making a freedom run to the nearest city is our best bet. However, as much as I loathe to admit it, the dwarf is right, too, we can't run in without equipment. The underdark has taken the lives of greater warriors and wizards than us, in greater number than us. More importantly than a sharpened blade, they have taken my spellbook, and unless you suggest I develop some creative combat uses for feather fall, I need it. My bet is rushing the guards, take what weapons we can find there, if our equipment isn't stored there, and then run to that lift, perhaps getting it destroyed or damaged, before jumping off the cliff. However, I can only use it on five people, so the strong will have to carry others.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorrak Slatebreaker

"You know, you really ought to work on your people skills." Sorrak blurts out, following another longwinded response from Nihilus where he referred to people by such loving titles as 'glorified warpriest', 'delusional dragonman', or simply 'dwarf'. It was a wonder at all there were peoples out there who considered elves lofty and sophisticated considering that most he'd met had been narrow-minded and condescending. The irony, of course, was not lost on the dwarf that it was he who was pointing out someone else's social ineptitude.
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.

11. - Top - End - #41

BlackDragon

And you should note, dwarf, the difference between not trying, and not being able. I am very able of being suave and polite, but I'm simply nor wanting to do so to you. However, I believe that most dwarves I've met were completely and utterly intolerable in pleasant conversation, unless the dwarf in question had enough booze in his blood to kill two men. So far, you've yet to prove my conjecture wrong. However, enough of the pettiness, we both have enough enemies to deal with, so I'll try to use your names, such as they are, and little words.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorrak Slatebreaker

Further racist comments and broad stereotypes from the man elicit no further comments from the dwarven warrior. He simply chuckles heartily and then shakes his head in the way a disappointed teacher would react to a student who'd failed a simple test.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Spiros Dawncaller

Spiros raises his hand and rubs his temples with his fingers, wondering again how he managed to end up in this cage with these bickering, closed-minded people. Helm has a purpose for you, Spiros. Hold on. The light will welcome you back.

"It is good for your soul to have hope, but if we cannot even open the cage, how do we use the plan to get our gear? Does anyone have the skill to manipulate the lock?"

Show

14. - Top - End - #44

BlackDragon

No, although I wouldn't admit it to a holy man who'd hound me till the end of my days if I did have the skill. Perhaps you should seek one of the prisoners with procliv... talent for theft. Nihilius sighed, and sat down, resting as best he could on the stone, looking back to the small mushroom. However, I suggest you find some tools for them to use, otherwise all this conjecture... Planning, is useless.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fishybugs View Post
    Spiros Dawncaller
    "It is good for your soul to have hope, but if we cannot even open the cage, how do we use the plan to get our gear? Does anyone have the skill to manipulate the lock?"
    Del Brightwood

To Spiros

That's the pickle. I could pick a lock with my tools, and without picking the lock I can't get my tools! Perhaps I may try using something sharp?
    Last edited by 2D8HP; 2017-02-25 at 12:20 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorrak Slatebreaker

"Let's keep an eye out for something that could be used instead in a pinch." Sorrak says, unfortunately not knowing enough about lockpicking to know what might make a suitable substitute. "Be careful not to get caught of course, perhaps wait until there's a distraction and the guards are focused elsewhere."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

@Glennan
    Ront decides to place his trust in you. Being an orc, bursts of rage come to him naturally and often, but not so much that he puts any of you in danger.

@Groll
    The drow immobilize you before you can do anything to help. They slit Turvy's throat right in front of her brother and throw her in the pool. A sad moment after, they let Topsy join her and throw him as well.

@Everyone
    The spores allow everyone to telepatically communicate with one another, breaking the language barrier

- I'm sorry for rushing it, but I feel like I started this the wrong way (not giving you time references for example);
    - I'd like you to keep using this thread to explore your escape options and refine your relationships with your fellow prisoners, while I create a "Present day Game Thread", where we'll *really* start playing the module;
    - Remember you are still restrained with manacles and collars - while wearing them, you won't be able to use spells and weapons like bows.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

And HERE it is.