Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 151 to 158 of 158
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    State of Denial

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss - TomaFox - Chapter 1: Velkynvelve

    Spiros Dawncaller
    First level Cleric of Helm
    HP: 9/9 AC: 12 Concentrating on: --

    Spiros comes to a stop when he sees the illumination coming from down the tunnel. "I recommend caution. Del, can you sneak ahead and check this out?" He places his hand upon his holy symbol and asks Helm's help for Del.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Cast Guidance on Del. +1d4 on one ability check in the next minute.

    Jophine Dustwallow avatar by Shades of Gray

    Spoiler: Other Avatar
    Show


    Avatar: Tarina Davenledge, Cleric of Mishakal by Gorgon_Heap

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss - TomaFox - Chapter 1: Velkynvelve

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishybugs View Post
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Cast Guidance on Del. +1d4 on one ability check in the next minute.


    "I'll check ahead"

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Perception:(d20+3)[18]
    Guidance spell bonus to perception:(d4)[3]
    Stealth:(d20+7)[27]

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2014

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss - TomaFox - Chapter 1: Velkynvelve

    Spoiler: Del
    Show
    You see 11 Giant Beetles glowing red like they're filled with fire. They seem to be scavenging for food. The whole area around them is illuminated.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bounty Hunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Coast, USA

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss - TomaFox - Chapter 1: Velkynvelve

    Sorrak Slatebreaker
    Dwarven Sergeant of Gauntlgrym

    "They're not the most pleasing to the eye ... or to the taste... but it'll give you the energy to keep going." The dwarf calls out as he holds up a bulbous looking fungus which he informs everyone is a waterorb. He's glad to see his companion so eager to find more and so he doesn't outright decline the bet but makes no agreement to any gambling no matter how hard the little man tries.
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss - TomaFox - Chapter 1: Velkynvelve



    (Returns to report)

    "There's what looks like eleven glowing red giant beetles. I fear they'll try to eat us if we get closer!"

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss - TomaFox - Chapter 1: Velkynvelve

    Bryn Marble
    Half-Elven Swordcerer

    "So they're between us and our only path forwards right? So.... I'll charge in and hit as many of them as I can to draw their attention and you guys... well actually do any of you have spells or special equipment you think might help against large groups of foes?" Bryn asks with her mind-thoughts.

    As she waits for an answer she also casts a spell to give her added vitality.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting False Life: (1d4+4)[6] temp hp

    Also using a bonus action to turn her 2 Sorcerery points into a 1st level spell slot. It's not like she can do anything else with them yet.


    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-05-05 at 12:39 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    State of Denial

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss - TomaFox - Chapter 1: Velkynvelve

    Spiros Dawncaller
    Second level Cleric of Helm
    HP: 15/15 AC: 17 Concentrating on: --

    Spiros thanks Sorrak for the waterorbs. "They will suffice. Thank you much, Master Sorrak.
    "
    He takes the first bite eagerly, having not eaten for quite some time. Once the fungus hits his tongue, however, he almost chokes on the earthy, moist plant's flavor. He stops chewing for a moment as his mind wraps around the flavor, but knows he better get used to it if he wants to make it out alive.

    Spiros listens to the report from Del and wonders if they'll ever see the surface again. He really was hoping they weren't too deep and they would be out in just a short few hours' travel. That's obviously not happening. He listens to Bryn's plan and pipes in at the end. "I...Yes. I can cause them to glow...make them easier to hit. I have to be able to see into the room, though. Also...I can't really control where it goes. I should do it before any of you go in.

    Spoiler: OOC-y stuff
    Show
    Since I'm going to be out of town, if everyone agrees with this plan, Spiros will cast Faerie Fire in the room at a spot he can get as many bugs as possible (20 foot cube). Once that is done, if I'm the only thing slowing us down, Spiros can spam light crossbow attacks (since Sacred Flame won't have advantage, I think that's the most sound tactically).

    Last edited by Fishybugs; 2017-05-05 at 02:45 PM.
    Jophine Dustwallow avatar by Shades of Gray

    Spoiler: Other Avatar
    Show


    Avatar: Tarina Davenledge, Cleric of Mishakal by Gorgon_Heap

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bounty Hunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Coast, USA

    Default Re: Out of the Abyss - TomaFox - Chapter 1: Velkynvelve

    Sorrak Slatebreaker
    Dwarven Sergeant of Gauntlgrym

    "I'll just follow Bryn into the fray. Once shes done her thing I'll sweep in behind and do my best to sew a little chaos." The dwarf says, readying his weapon and getting into a closer position (though not near close enough to draw the attention of what waited before them). He spins his weapon in his hand and gives a nod that he is ready once the others are. As the paladin moves in to initiate things the dwarven soldier breathes in a deep breath and exhases sharply though his nose. "Here we go!"
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •