Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ducktales (2017)

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    I wanted to see LP's thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    We ALL wanted to see it! .
    Forgive me for using that exchange to introduce this, but recent talk from Frank Angones seems to imply that Launchpad is bi.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

15sok asked:
    I heard that CN is making a major crossover between OK KO, Steven Universe, Teen Titans Go and Ben 10. If Disney followed the same idea, which characters you wish to have a crossover event if you were the head writer
    DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears, Talespin…

Oh wait. Too late.
    We came pretty close. DW's been seen in TV, the GB's had the magical secrets so they exist, and Cape Suzette is just a sail away.

So we *could* have them all show up together ...

Not too late.

Now, just have to get those suspenders of disbelief to see this nugget.

hmm...

Isn't "Frank Angones" the artist from Mad?
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

3. - Top - End - #513

BlackDragon

So Dr. Who is voicing Scrooge, and I didn't notice?

And H,D, and L normally are not in the same room at the same time?
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

So Dr. Who is voicing Scrooge, and I didn't notice?

And H,D, and L normally are not in the same room at the same time?
    He's called "The Tenth Doctor." "Doctor Who" is what people say when he introduces himself. Or these days its what people say when she introduces herself, but that's another story.

Also what? Hewey Dewey and Louie interact with each-other all the time, they are together nearly every episode, usually in multiple scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

5. - Top - End - #515

Deeply upset that I forgot about Ducktales' return.
    Loved both the episodes so far; more Louie is always fantastic, Scrooge's reaction to Game Night! is quite possibly my favourite scene in the whole series, and the second episode was pretty great too.
    The only thing is that I'm aso perplexed by the sudden Dewey/Webby pairing. I mean, Dewey was always the closest to her, but for that episode it felt like she was his twin, not Huey and Louie. The next episode was back to normal, though, so it isn't a big deal.

I just realized how quickly Scrooge must've rebuilt his fortune, though. He spent what looked like most of his money bin trying to get Della back, and didn't do any adventuring for the next ten(?) years or so, so he must've rebuilt his fortune solely through business interactions. Which, in turn, means he was either making a ludicrous rate of return (especially for a company that was already massive), or his fortune was so large that even the money bin is just a drop in the bucket. Either way, it's insanely impressive.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

6. - Top - End - #516

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Also what? Hewey Dewey and Louie interact with each-other all the time, they are together nearly every episode, usually in multiple scenes.
    But apparently, they are not in the same recording room at the same time.

In fact, it looks like almost all of them record separately and it's mixed together really well.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    I just realized how quickly Scrooge must've rebuilt his fortune, though. He spent what looked like most of his money bin trying to get Della back, and didn't do any adventuring for the next ten(?) years or so, so he must've rebuilt his fortune solely through business interactions. Which, in turn, means he was either making a ludicrous rate of return (especially for a company that was already massive), or his fortune was so large that even the money bin is just a drop in the bucket. Either way, it's insanely impressive.
    Most of the Money Bin is still empty in the present day - that's why it's such a long drop down to the remaining cash. Before he started spending, it was almost up to the roof.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I must admit I didnt like the Game Knight episode that much compared to others. A lot of good things in it but so many things Im less willing to forgive, how for exemple Louis get pierced by a arrow storm and is still fine.

9. - Top - End - #519

Apparently his hoodies are made from spider silk now.

10. - Top - End - #520

BlackDragon

Are these being shown in order? I just saw Glomgold's second season episode, and it really looks like it could have come just after Game Knight.

I will say -- when I saw that amnesia dream, I thought it was Magica working a comeback somehow. But no, just an amnesia dream.

11. - Top - End - #521

I've headcanoned it that this one and the one last week happen at the same time.

But this one was really rough. I think they could've added another B plot (maybe more about the woman taking over Glomgold's company) without losing much of anything--it felt that stretched out.

Also, the reason this season started with episode 9 is because they retroactively moved the end of last season into season two. That's right folks, the season one finale is now season two episodes seven and eight!

12. - Top - End - #522
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Are these being shown in order? I just saw Glomgold's second season episode, and it really looks like it could have come just after Game Knight.

I will say -- when I saw that amnesia dream, I thought it was Magica working a comeback somehow. But no, just an amnesia dream.
    I was thinking that maybe Magica was doing it as part of some scheme, but apparently not.
    'F' is the fire that rains from the Sky
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!
    'N' is for No Survivors...

13. - Top - End - #523

BlackDragon

Makes sense that they happened at the same time. Re-watching, they are completely dis-jointed in characters. Two of the triplets here, a triplet and Webby there.

14. - Top - End - #524

And it makes the line at the end of Cousin Fethry about blaming Louie a little more funny. Because he's in the middle of breaking through the amnesia to restore Glomgold.

15. - Top - End - #525

Glomgold's ineptitude is always hilarious.
    Calling it now, that wager they just made will be the catalyst for the season finale.
    Spoiler
    Show
    More specifically, the second/third last episode will be Glomgold pulling a huge scheme on McDuck and succeeding, ending with him gaining control of McDuck Enterprises. Given that this season is allegedly Louie-centric, I'd love to see Glomgold buy Louie off, only to be backstabbed in the end by that delightfully conniving little duck. Who then, of course, returns McDuck Enterprises to its rightful owner (and then immediately regrets it and tries to take it back, but the paperwork's already signed.)

Also, that dream sequence was genuinely pretty creepy.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

But apparently, they are not in the same recording room at the same time.

In fact, it looks like almost all of them record separately and it's mixed together really well.
    That’s the standard. Who records actors together in America?

Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Glomgold's ineptitude is always hilarious.
    Calling it now, that wager they just made will be the catalyst for the season finale.
    It’s certainly big enough in scope to be the season finale. That wager will certainly be the basis of a future episode.

By the way, it’s cool they managed to reintroduce Glomgold’s origins as South African. I’m not sure how or if that will come to anything but I hope we haven’t seen the last of “Duke Baloney.”

Oh, this episode could have followed “Shadow War” as Glomgold ended up in the sea after tussling with his shadow during Magica’s Duckberg rampage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

17. - Top - End - #527

GreenSorcererElf

Oh, this episode could have followed “Shadow War” as Glomgold ended up in the sea after tussling with his shadow during Magica’s Duckberg rampage.
    Well, it did. But not immediately. They said he had been missing for a couple of months, at one point.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

18. - Top - End - #528

Yeah. You have the Shadow War two-parter (s2 eps7-8), then the Duck family spends a couple months in hard core adventuring, culminating at the start of Game Night (s2ep9). Eps 10-11 happen (supposedly) later that week.

As someone mentioned on another board, when do these kids find time for school? Or did Scrooge just buy the school board and fire almost everyone? He seems to dominate Duckburg that way.

19. - Top - End - #529

And for predictions, I'll just note that Zan Owlson was quite comfortable forging their signatures there at the end. That may end up being a plot point later on, especially given the Mouse's attitude (frequently expressed in plot points) that 'nice' people are really the most evil.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

One small thing to note from last week's episode is that Mouston, Mickey's hometown, is confirmed to exist in this continuity as that's where Zan went to college.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

21. - Top - End - #531

Totally missed that.

edit: which has a scary importance, as owls eat mice.
    Last edited by Rogar Demonblud; 2018-11-07 at 11:53 AM.

22. - Top - End - #532

BlackDragon

So, Storckules:

Spoiler
    Show

Where's the giant marshmallow man? It had everything else from the first ghost busters movie.

23. - Top - End - #533

That was less interesting than I expected from the title, although I will proclaim this a better fish-out-of-water story than the MCU has managed with Thor.

24. - Top - End - #534

GreenSorcererElf

So, Storckules:

Spoiler
    Show

Where's the giant marshmallow man? It had everything else from the first ghost busters movie.
    Ennh, I'm not seeing it. They are running around rounding up stray critters, and they make a TV commercial. That's about all the similarities I could see.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

25. - Top - End - #535

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Yeah. You have the Shadow War two-parter (s1 finale), then the Duck family spends a couple months in hard core adventuring, culminating at the start of Game Night (s2ep1). Eps 2-3 happen (supposedly) later that week.

As someone mentioned on another board, when do these kids find time for school? Or did Scrooge just buy the school board and fire almost everyone? He seems to dominate Duckburg that way.
    Webby was kept in the mansion by Mrs. Beakly pre-series and presumably home-schooled/trained to be super-spy. The boys are likely in a similar schooling program now too. It is reasonable as the Beagle Boys have shown an interest in kidnapping them before. So it is safer to keep them in the mansion for school rather than a public school.

What I find interesting still is the timeline. Season one takes place over the course of 6 months based on Scrooge's comment at the start of Last Crash of the Sunchaser. The Glomgold episode mentions month since Glomgold's disappearance, (four months sticks in my head but I am not sure). But the next episode is a Christmas episode. First season episode "The impossible summit of Mt Neverrest" takes place around Christmas based on Louie's comment about freezing instead of being at home in the mansion for Christmas. So a year will have passed in the series by the next episode.

it's just an interesting thing I like to keep track of.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

26. - Top - End - #536

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by archon_huskie View Post
    it's just an interesting thing I like to keep track of.
    You spelled "Exercise in Futility" wrong. There's pretty much zero chance that the producers are even giving the slightest consideration to maintaining a consistent timeline.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Firbolg in the Playground

He's called "The Tenth Doctor." "Doctor Who" is what people say when he introduces himself. Or these days its what people say when she introduces herself, but that's another story.
    Dr.Who is what they're called because nobody actually knows what his name is except for the Master and River Song
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

28. - Top - End - #538

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by brionl View Post
    You spelled "Exercise in Futility" wrong. There's pretty much zero chance that the producers are even giving the slightest consideration to maintaining a consistent timeline.
    See end of Ballard of Duke Baloney.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

29. - Top - End - #539

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    Dr.Who is what they're called because nobody actually knows what his name is except for the Master and River Song
    #9. Tell her the Doctor is here.
    Secretary Doctor Who?
    #9 exactly

30. - Top - End - #540

BlackDragon

Christmas episode.

There had to be a christmas episode.

... And, "Scrooge" means different things on Christmas :-)