New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241

Default Re: Ducktales (2017)

Considering they aren't even doing promo data yet on the remaining ~16 episodes is worrying. Or would be, if I still cared. The hype has worn off and I'm left with...meh. Kind of interesting, none of them are worth re-watching when I have other channels, music and books.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Let's keep the hype alive by over analyzing the episodes.

First question. Where is Duckburg. Or is it Duckberg?
    We know the following - 16 hours by sub from Atlantis. We have not seen different seasons. Also stated to be in America

Second question, when does each episode occur? We know the episodes are airing out of order, but maybe we can reconstruct the intended timeline.

1a Woo-oo - There is snow above the Drake Barrier Reef. Which in turn causes the currents around Atlantis to cool. This does not help much as rain is shown above Atlantis not snow. So who knows how far from Atlantis the Drake Barrier Reef is. For that matter, which hemisphere it is in
    1b Escape to/from Atlantis - as above, but Scrooge states it to be the weekend. As the Boys where not in School in Woo-oo, they either had Friday off, or on vacation.
    2 Daytrip of Doom
    3 Great Dime Chase during the workweek, but Dewey, Webby, and Louie are not in School
    4 Beagle Birthday Massacre -
    5 Terror of the Terra-firmians -
    6 House of the Lucky Gander -
    7 Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks - The boys go after school, but then also order lunch for the workers . . .
    8 Living Mummies of Toth-Ra -
    9 Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverest - mention of Christmas by Louie.

Anyone else want to join me on a binge watch of the current 10 episode to hunt for more hints?
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

3. - Top - End - #243

Since they're out of order, it won't help much. Duckburg is in whatever they renamed California, for the record.

4. - Top - End - #244

EvilClericGuy

You can't say it is somewhere without providing evidence.

Putting Duckburg on the West Coast is problematic as they go to Atlantis, which is traditionally is in the Atlantic Ocean. Also the map they use shows them traveling East from Duckburg.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

5. - Top - End - #245

As it seems you are not familiar with the works of Barks and Rosa, Calisota is on the Pacific coast. Specifically, Duckburg is about where Eureka, California is.

6. - Top - End - #246

EvilClericGuy

That diesnt mean that this duckburg is in California.

7. - Top - End - #247

True, but a good rule to remember is that unless someone explicitly says they're voiding their own canon, the canon is still in effect. And given the number of artworks Scrooge has that are covers to the Barks-era DuckTales comics and the comics characters and lines they're using, they're definitely leaning heavily on the print media.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Colossus in the Playground

Obviously, Duckberg is in the same state as Springfield.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by archon_huskie View Post
    Let's keep the hype alive by over analyzing the episodes.

First question. Where is Duckburg. Or is it Duckberg?
    We know the following - 16 hours by sub from Atlantis. We have not seen different seasons. Also stated to be in America

Second question, when does each episode occur? We know the episodes are airing out of order, but maybe we can reconstruct the intended timeline.

1a Woo-oo - There is snow above the Drake Barrier Reef. Which in turn causes the currents around Atlantis to cool. This does not help much as rain is shown above Atlantis not snow. So who knows how far from Atlantis the Drake Barrier Reef is. For that matter, which hemisphere it is in
    1b Escape to/from Atlantis - as above, but Scrooge states it to be the weekend. As the Boys where not in School in Woo-oo, they either had Friday off, or on vacation.
    2 Daytrip of Doom
    3 Great Dime Chase during the workweek, but Dewey, Webby, and Louie are not in School
    4 Beagle Birthday Massacre -
    5 Terror of the Terra-firmians -
    6 House of the Lucky Gander -
    7 Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks - The boys go after school, but then also order lunch for the workers . . .
    8 Living Mummies of Toth-Ra -
    9 Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverest - mention of Christmas by Louie.

Anyone else want to join me on a binge watch of the current 10 episode to hunt for more hints?
    The twitter post indicated that the Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverest was intended to be episode 3. Here’s the order posted on twitter.

The idea that a specific amount of time is meant to go on in-universe seems unlikely and we have no specific dates to go on.

The notion of having specific dates and a timeline smacks of serialisation, having episodes that build on one another rather than form self-contained stories. I thought we established a bit back that Disney likely has indicated their disapproval with serialisation.

So what the shows in its intended order if you please, but I doubt you’ll find the indications of date and time passage you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

10. - Top - End - #250

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    True, but a good rule to remember is that unless someone explicitly says they're voiding their own canon, the canon is still in effect. And given the number of artworks Scrooge has that are covers to the Barks-era DuckTales comics and the comics characters and lines they're using, they're definitely leaning heavily on the print media.
    That is a terrible rule of thumb.

A work stands based on what is shown in its own not on what has been done before. We cant expect. That the Barks era be required reading for a new show taking place in another century. And we cant assume a west coast location when there is no evidence in show of west coast, especially when there is evidence of east coast location.

11. - Top - End - #251

There's better evidence for the West Coast, starting with the fact that "Drake Barrier Reef" is the Great Barrier Reef.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Firbolg in the Playground

Still no news on what the heck hapoened to this show?

I'd gotten the impression that the episodes were already made. You'd think that even if they decided to cancel the show they'd at least air the rest of the episodes they already made
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2018-02-25 at 02:12 PM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

No news that I can find. But surely it can't be cancelled, since they already renewed it for a second season?

14. - Top - End - #254

They started doing one a week reruns, but abandoned that. I'm starting to wonder if they're saving the new episodes for their streaming service.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Im afraid they are keeping the remaining episodes for summer break for the kids. And that we will have to wait a other year for the season 2

16. - Top - End - #256

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    There's better evidence for the West Coast, starting with the fact that "Drake Barrier Reef" is the Great Barrier Reef.
    If that were true, the Great Barrier Reef is Northeast of Australia, at 18degrees south latitude. That is within the tropics! That means snow above it every 50 years is highly unlikely. But even if we accept that, Scrooge only claims that snow above the reef cools the current and allows for safe passage to Atlantis (which is traditionally in the Atlantic or Mediterranean). Atlantis does not have to be near the Drake Barrier Reef. So that is not evidence that Duckburg is on the West Coast of North America.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Hums the ducktales theme song, hoping it will be the talisman that brings back new episodes every Saturday.

Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

18. - Top - End - #258

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Hums the ducktales theme song, hoping it will be the talisman that brings back new episodes every Saturday.
    On that note, if the show continues long enough, I propose the following as the next thread name:
    Ducktales II: Electric Woo-oo
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    On that note, if the show continues long enough, I propose the following as the next thread name:
    Ducktales II: Electric Woo-oo
    Hums

Open up your eyes take a look at me /
    If the picture fits in your memory /
    I've been dreamin by the rhythm like the beat of a heart /
    And I won't stop until I start to stand out /

Some people settle for the typical thing /
    Livin' all their lives waitin' in the wings /
    It ain't a question of 'if', just a matter of time /
    Before I move to the front of the line /

And once you're watchin' ev'ry move that I make /
    Ya gotta believe that I got what it takes /

To stand out /
    Above the crowd /
    Even if I gotta shout out loud /
    'Til mine is the only face you see /
    Gonna stand out 'til you notice me ...

[I want my ducktales to return]

20. - Top - End - #260

Quote Originally Posted by archon_huskie View Post
    If that were true, the Great Barrier Reef is Northeast of Australia, at 18degrees south latitude. That is within the tropics! That means snow above it every 50 years is highly unlikely. But even if we accept that, Scrooge only claims that snow above the reef cools the current and allows for safe passage to Atlantis (which is traditionally in the Atlantic or Mediterranean). Atlantis does not have to be near the Drake Barrier Reef. So that is not evidence that Duckburg is on the West Coast of North America.
    Look, if you want to pretend there's a great deal of scientific rigor in a show about anthropomorphic waterfowl, more power to you. I'll just point out that a minisub has a maximum speed of maybe 10 knots, so 18 hours to Atlantis means that it's less than 200 miles from Duckburg. Also, there's no reason for Scrooge to have a money bin larger than a single stall garage because there just isn't that much gold bullion in the world and child services would've taken the triplets from Donald within a month.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Hums

Open up your eyes take a look at me /
    If the picture fits in your memory /
    I've been dreamin by the rhythm like the beat of a heart /
    And I won't stop until I start to stand out /

Some people settle for the typical thing /
    Livin' all their lives waitin' in the wings /
    It ain't a question of 'if', just a matter of time /
    Before I move to the front of the line /

And once you're watchin' ev'ry move that I make /
    Ya gotta believe that I got what it takes /

To stand out /
    Above the crowd /
    Even if I gotta shout out loud /
    'Til mine is the only face you see /
    Gonna stand out 'til you notice me ...

[I want my ducktales to return]
    That's Goof Troop.

Technically.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    That's Goof Troop.

Technically.
    Yes it is Goof Troop, but I still want my Ducktales to return, and I want the triplets, Webby, Scrouge, etc to stand-out!

And since my Ducktales have not returned, and I am getting sentimental in my longing I am going to sing a song to fill the void, and I already hummed the ducktales cover song.

23. - Top - End - #263

I really wish they'd reboot Chip And Dale: Rescue Rangers. That was their best show of that era. It was better than Goof Troop and Duck Tales combined
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    I really wish they'd reboot Chip And Dale: Rescue Rangers. That was their best show of that era. It was better than Goof Troop and Duck Tales combined
    "Indiana Jones and Magnum PI as chipmunks fight crime with the help of a couple mice, a fly, and a boatload of 2x4 technology." Yeah, that could be a lot of fun, especially if it were given higher quality writing. I would be curious, however, how a "modern" approach would treat Gadget - who, besides being the token girl and eye candy, was also the most useful member of the team. She doesn't need a badass boost like Webby and Beakly did, but I can't imagine modern media leaving her as-is.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

25. - Top - End - #265

Probably more combat skills.

26. - Top - End - #266

Another week down the road, and still no reports on when this'll resume (or their other much hyped new show, Big Hero Six {also already renewed for a second season}).

27. - Top - End - #267

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    "Indiana Jones and Magnum PI as chipmunks fight crime with the help of a couple mice, a fly, and a boatload of 2x4 technology." Yeah, that could be a lot of fun, especially if it were given higher quality writing. I would be curious, however, how a "modern" approach would treat Gadget - who, besides being the token girl and eye candy, was also the most useful member of the team. She doesn't need a badass boost like Webby and Beakly did, but I can't imagine modern media leaving her as-is.
    She'd probably be more about making supercomputers out of repurposed smartwatches

Omegaupdate Forum

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Anyone catch the new episode, "The Missing Links of Moorshire!"?

29. - Top - End - #269

They actually have new episodes?

30. - Top - End - #270

And if they do, does Disney want us to watch them? Why would they delay the new episodes like that if they wanted people to watch the show?

Omegaupdate Forum