New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Default Re: Weapons and the coevolution with monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by CharonsHelper View Post
    Edit: Of course - if you're going realistic - dragons wouldn't be NEARLY as big as they are in most fantasy stories/games. If they can fly - they couldn't be too much bigger than a pterodactyl.
    If we're going with fantasy dragons like Smaug, the best way to deal with that is probably to just leave.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

to be fair to d&d most giants are no wheres near 25 feet tall (depending on edition)
    frost giants are 15 feet, fire giants and stone are 12, hill are 10.5 of the core giants only the innately magical ones are any where near 25 feet and even the tallest core giant is only 21
    Last edited by awa; 2017-03-23 at 11:01 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Dappershire View Post
    Well, those things grew pretty big...Quetzalcoatlus possibly had a wing, a single wing, as long as three man heights. With the right musculature, bone structure, and chemical makeup, a Dragon could get pretty massive without stretching the bounds of sanity.

What are the dissolve attacks with cubes? I don't face them enough. But you think pit traps would be a boon for villages and large cities both. For the purpose of a place to dump their waste. Not sure if they would work in a big city sewer though. Do they drown?
    I'm pretty sure that they don't need to breathe, but I am too lazy to look at my books right now
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they don't need to breathe, but I am too lazy to look at my books right now
    That's actually not clear based on the SRD info I can access right now. The Gelantinous Cube entry doesn't specify. I'd say it seems fair a cube can't drown, but that isn't necessarily part of the rules.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Oozes in general need to breath. Going strictly by RAW, non-aquatic breathing is the Default and thus all non-aquatic non-amphibious creatures that need to breath will drown at some point when underwarter.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zombimode View Post
    Oozes in general need to breath. Going strictly by RAW, non-aquatic breathing is the Default and thus all non-aquatic non-amphibious creatures that need to breath will drown at some point when underwarter.
    While it might vary by edition -

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder SRD
    •Oozes eat and breathe, but do not sleep