New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Banned

Default Re: Relationship Woes And Advice, Part Two (Read First Post)

Nonsense, that's what the Book of Erotic Fantasy was made for.((Actual Book, Good read, fair pictures))

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't think there was a boob goddess, though....

Heh blessings include a bigger rack, or a bigger rack on your S.O.

Edit: I feel like I'm in High school again. I'm giggling about boobs.
    Last edited by Hell Puppi; 2007-08-03 at 01:42 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

Create Holy Milk?

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by HellPuppi View Post
    Somehow I imagine a kahli-like deity, but with a ginormous rack, shirtless. The boob goddess. If you anger her she curses you with sagginess.

I fear I have started something...but the thought of a dnd game with the Boob Goddess is something too funny to not think of
    One thing that I've never really cared for in D&D, and most fantasy, is how virtually every character is pulled from a model decorating Maxim or GQ. I mean, when was the last time you saw a bitch like this in fantasy?

Or for that matter, an overweight, balding, middle aged man with a slight slouch who also happened to be a brutal assassin/criminal lord? Just about every picture ever published has more sixpacks than a fratparty.
    Last edited by Tor the Fallen; 2007-08-03 at 01:45 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185

Indeed...well it's a problem with a lot of things nowadays, I suppose. In the actual books it doesn't give you much leeway, but I guess that's where you have to be creative and not get too bogged down in the 'everyone is a freaking supermodel' while actually playing.
    I mean seriously, most chick armor? It's like a metal bra.
    The only ugly people are orcs. Sort of. I'm sure someone has played a pretty orc.
    Er wow that's a whole 'nother tangent. Someone get us back on track?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Banned

Relationships... Over the past two weeks, I remembered why I loved her so much, and still do. Fun times, almost too fun. It's a drag when her parents won't even let you say goodbye one last time, then you have to go behind their backs to do it. O! Well, it was fun while it lasted...

7. - Top - End - #187
    Colossus in the Playground

Why didn't they want you to say goodbuy? Seems odd.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, I'm impressed.

Have all relationship woes been solved or is everything going underground? Either way, I hope everyone is doing well!

Cheers,
    Syka
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, all these problems haven't been solved yet. There's just a momentary lull while summer makes you all feisty, frisky and happy.

@V Hey, no need for those eyebrows. I don't wanna encorouge them. I've just had my mating season, it's you human's turn to have your disgusting mating habits.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2007-08-06 at 01:15 PM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Barbarian in the Playground

@^ for a sentence like that, you should've used an emoticon that my bro likes to use on msn - the 'suggestive' eyebrows - going up and down, except these look like giant caterpillars...

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed.

Have all relationship woes been solved or is everything going underground? Either way, I hope everyone is doing well!
    Nah, it's all underground. :p

Actually, I've been wanting to ask a girl out...She's really cool. But I think I haven't managed the situation very well so far (an understatement). You know, she has a friend, on whose party I met her (let's call her MR). Then I asked about her to her friend, who had invited me to the party because I know her from university since day one...
    Well, I think i screwed it up because the friend knows I like MR, and MR does too, but somehow I ended up telling MR I wanted to ask the other girl out :S
    It got a little tangled up, but the thing is MR is the one I like and I'd want to go out with... :S

I should do it straight away, but I'm too blunt with these things and I don't know if the situation is beyond repair (although MR kinda knows I like her and she's told me recently she's looking for someone).

*sigh* I'm definitely no good at this. Why do I complicate things so much? I should call it quits :p Anyway, don't pay much attention to my confused mind streaming through the keyboard.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

@FdL: Sounds like you are making things difficult for yourself. You want to be with girl. Girl wants to be with you. Be together.

Of course, that might be an oversimplification.. but the advice remains. You want something, go get it.

Your timing seems to be pretty good, too.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Yah, I'd just ask MR out. Coffee, some such. That way you can maybe segue it into a "date" or some such.

If she already knows she likes you, than you probably have a good chance. Even with the confusion.

Cheers,
    Syka

14. - Top - End - #194
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Yeah, I'd agree with that sentiment. It seems that if someone who knows you are interested in her mentions that she's looking for someone, that would be a pretty clear opportunity to offer to be that someone. Or at least explore the possibility. Good luck!
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah...

and COMMUNICATE. It's ALL about communication.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Yeah...

and COMMUNICATE. It's ALL about communication.
    Someone please drill this information into my partner's brain.
    Spoiler
    Show

Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye. - Bill Hicks

17. - Top - End - #197
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd happily do that for you right now.

Oh wait, not literally... Dayum.

/rethink
    (^")^ ¬<("v)

KIRBY SEZ DIS IZ A RAED

Spoiler
    Show

EeYarrrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by drKarling.

Sig'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by Magioth.

Spoiler'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate learner donkey by Sean92k.

If you've read this far, I guess that you just lost the game.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yiel View Post
    Someone please drill this information into my partner's brain.
    For a lot of people (myself included) it's definitely not as easy as it sounds (and I'm not saying it sounds easy). I don't think I volunteered one scrap of information about my emotions to anyone until...last month? that was when my mom and I really started getting close and I actually felt I could tell her things about myself. And this is my own mother, who gave birth to me sixteen years ago and probably knows me better than anyone else.

No, relationships are not easy for me. But I really do work. And I guess that's the important thing.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2007-08-06 at 05:47 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    No, relationships are not easy for me. But I really do work. And I guess that's the important thing.
    It should be, if you have a partner who's patient enough to recognise that you're working :)

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yeah, it really is the thought that counts.

I'm currently in the, "What part of, 'Can I take you out to dinner Friday evening?' does not come across as a date!?" I really don't want to have to break out the "And this is a date" brick over the phone because it isn't very suave or chic, but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. [/minirant]

21. - Top - End - #201

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    Yeah, it really is the thought that counts.

I'm currently in the, "What part of, 'Can I take you out to dinner Friday evening?' does not come across as a date!?" I really don't want to have to break out the "And this is a date" brick over the phone because it isn't very suave or chic, but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. [/minirant]
    Someone misinterpreted that?
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

22. - Top - End - #202

Obviously someone very desperately looking for a free dinner.
    Ain't happenin', people.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the original quote from MR was when she was showing me some photos of a party, when I asked if that was the guy she was dating she replied (translated ):

"He's not my boyfriend. And I don't think he'll (ever) be. So I'll have to look for another one, hehehe"

This was nice to hear...But well, I had semi-told her that I'd like to go for a cup of cofee with her and she had replied back then that she was seeing someone. Which could again be one of those polite excuses girls give to me.

*logs to MSN to se if she's on*

And well, she probably knows I like her because the other girl, which is her best friend must have told her (I wasn't really subtle, she showed me some photos of the two and I asked her to send them to me and she did, cyber-giggling). But as to my actual conversations with MR, I don't know if she just takes compliments politely or if she's really flattered when I tell them. I guess I'll try to be a little more direct.

So really, magicwalker, don't know if she wants to be with me. I'm not totally sure if I can be with someone right now, but it would be good I think. It just feels natural to talk to her and everything...She always tells me she finds our conversations interesting, though I'm the one who talks most. And she says I'm "funny" :)

Thrawn183, I laughed at your comment, because it's like that. Sometimes I feel the need to make it explicit that it's a date, because if not sometimes girls think we're going out as friends :(. It has happened recently, and then it's difficult to deal with. So I try to humorously include the expression "you and me" into the invitation. It cracks them up, I tell you

Syka, hey there, new avvie! ^^ Thanks for the advice, thanks to all.
    Last edited by FdL; 2007-08-06 at 08:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204

FdL, this sounds like it might have been a timing issue. As with so many others, it sounds like the worst case scenario is that you go out and have a good time and you end up being friends. Never a bad thing.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Just wait for the signature change. ;) This mind screw brought to you by Mistaken Identity Week.

As for making it explicitly a date, I feel ya. Guy-I-Broke-Up-With asked me to dinner for this Saturday. I told him I'd get back to him. Then, yesterday, I asked if it was as a date type thing or just friends (cause I'm willing to date, but we need to get some things cleared up, or if it's as friends I really can't afford the place he wants to go to). His response was, I don't know. I then realized today, as with other occasions where he has asked me a head of time to go to dinner, it might be with his parents, which I'm totally cool with as I love them to death. So, I'm going to tell him if the invite is still open, I should be able to go, but I'm going to talk with him afterwards. Get it hammered out.

My mom said didn't I feel like maybe I wasn't taking pride in myself and I explained it like this: The way I see it, he's trying and thinking he can maintain the fuzzy casual dating situation with me. So I'm going to be making it clear that it either needs to be exclusive or just friends, no in between.

:)

So thrawn, I feel ya buddy. But sometimes we are just in a place where we want to convince ourselves it's not a date. Literally, the first....month and a half that I was with this guy, I kept telling people we weren't dating. >>' For a month of that we were hanging out every night.

Cheers,
    Syka

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

She's online, chatting with her right now. I'm going to fire the cannons (meaning, I'm probably shyly going to ask her out for some coffee, I don't want to scare her like I usually do with girls). Stay tuned.

Edit: This is crush-cam, the new reality show. Will our intrepid contestant succeed or have his hopes crushed in front of the worldwide audience? The thrills! :p
    Last edited by FdL; 2007-08-06 at 08:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

She somehow didn't realize that it was meant as a date. I just don't know how much more blunt you can be without hitting somebody upside the head with the phone.

Fortunately, the planning was a little rocky, so nothing's happened yet: which means we avoided the situation of me informing her I thought it was a date after we were already there... that can just be ugly.

Since I have finals this week and then fly out to Alaska till the start of next semester I'll probably just put off dealing with it till then, because there's nothing I can realistically do in the meantime.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Crush-cam update:

Bombed :(

The conversation was going well (I need to create a friendly atmosphere before making the move), but before I could do my thing she mentions she's seeing someone. The guy she talked about, apparently it's still on. She even showed me a pic :S

Then I still told her I was planning on asking her out. She took it well, meh... :S Crap...This always happens to me...I hate it when they "my boyfriend" me out of the blue.

I need a random hug. Just a little hug and I'll be back to my usual manageable level of depression :p

But I'm not giving up yet...I'll retire slightly to plan a new strategy and wait in the shadows. Something went wrong here, and it will be improved next time.

29. - Top - End - #209

Awwww *hugs*

Next time, maybe.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HellPuppi View Post
    Awwww *hugs*

Next time, maybe.
    Aww, thanks, Puppi. That was a nice sweet hug ^^

And yeah, next time it will be better. I believe in evolution and improvement through mistakes! :) (Only according to that I should be much better by now, heh :P)