New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Jousting Arena

Geiravor winked to Umbear. The Princess looked over to Warrick. "Consider this a wager, Master-at-Arms." She glared back at Umbear. "Tomorrow then, Umbear!"
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"TOMMORROW! WE SETTLE THIS!"

And with that Umbear heads out of the arena. He doesn't expect any Fans, but should he see any he would offer them a quick wink and a wave before flying off. He has some debts to settle.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix raises an eyebrow as Umbear leaves the arena. He says quietly to Geiravor, "You know what I think is most ominous about this whole thing? He didn't say who the title of nobility was for..."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora prepared herself, first manifesting her cloud-like wings (swift), then calling up her shield of wind (standard; incoming arrows, rays, and other ranged attacks requiring an attack roll against you to have a 50% miss chance), and finally ascending 5' while moving 5' west (move).

Init: (1d20+12)[20]
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaylyn walked over to the West square then turned and faced Aurora. She Switched to Draconic,

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "TIME FREEZE!"

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 24
    Show
    Time Stop

Time seemed to slow around her, "This is a weird sensation" Jaylyn thought before continuing

Show
    "Grant me resistance to magic"

Show
    "From one comes many"

Show
    "What is seen is unseen"

Show
    "I'm not where I appear to be"

Jaylyn vanished from sight.

Spoiler: If you can see invisible
    Show
    there is an aura around (1d4+6)[9] Jaylyn

Ini roll (1d20+9)[28]

Jaylyn then looks up where Aurora is, "You're NOT going to play cat and mouse with me!" Jaylyn shouted to make sure Aurora heard her then switching to Draconic,

Show
    "Wyrms constrict her movements"

Aurora begins to feel, what can only be described as, snakes beginning to constrict her movements.

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 20
    Show
    Constricting Coils
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2017-05-30 at 09:40 PM.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora shook her head as Jaylyn disappeared. She felt the kitsune's spell try to take hold, and resisted, throwing off the effects. Knowing Jaylyn shared her native language, she opted to use a different tongue for her spells.
    Spoiler: Celestial
    Show
    "Divine Wind, grant me eyes to see only truth!"
    She said as she smeared a bit of ointment on her cheek.
    Show
    True Seeing

"You have long-range magic and a wise aversion to direct combat. Why would I run?" Aurora asked with a laugh. She ascended at a 45-degree angle, flying 35' west and up, to a total elevation of 40'.
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #277

Jaylyn laughed "Good points Aurora, However it might be in your best interest not to fly too high in the air" Jaylyn warned before switching to Draconic.

Show
    "Wyrms constrict her movements"

Aurora again felt the same constricting feeling as before.

Spoiler: Spellcraft dc 20
    Show
    Constricting Coils

Jaylyn then moved south to O6 and 10 feet in the air.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora felt Jaylyn's spell take hold, and this time, couldn't quite throw it off. It felt as though large, snake-like coils were squeezing her, doing (1d6+6)[8] (nonlethal) damage. Unfortunately, they also pinned her wings. Aurora's eyes went wide as she dropped. She landed on her side on the railing below her, her weight crushing the flimsy wood. She took (4d6)[9] (lethal) damage from the fall.
    She tried to shake off Jaylyn's magic! (1d20+15)[29]
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-05-30 at 10:23 PM.
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #279

Jaylyn watched in horror as the spell took hold and watched as Aurora fell from the sky and into the railing. "I'm sorry Aurora, that was unexpected however I must continue, no hard feelings" Jaylyn said before switching to Draconic

Show
    "Mars Mythic Fireballs Blast!"

4 meteors fly from Jaylyns outstretched hand toward Aurora.

Ranged touch attack 1: (1d20+15)[25] miss on 1 (1d2)[1] for (2d6)[7] non-lethal bludgeon damage
    Ranged touch attack 2: (1d20+15)[20] miss on 1 (1d2)[1] for (2d6)[8] non-lethal bludgeon damage
    Ranged touch attack 3: (1d20+15)[20] miss on 1 (1d2)[2] for (2d6)[6] non-lethal bludgeon damage
    Ranged touch attack 4: (1d20+15)[18] miss on 1 (1d2)[1] for (2d6)[6] non-lethal bludgeon damage

meteor 1 damage (6d6+6)[19] non-lethal fire damage
    meteor 2 damage (6d6+6)[30] non-lethal fire damage
    meteor 3 damage (6d6+6)[38] non-lethal fire damage
    meteor 4 damage (6d6+6)[23] non-lethal fire damage

Spoiler: Spellcraft 24
    Show
    Meteor Swarm

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora closed her eyes and braced herself against the explosions, and managed to resist some of the flames. She struggled internally against the magic coils, but couldn't overcome the spell, taking (1d6+6)[12] damage. (Will save 20 in dice roller)
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-05-30 at 11:12 PM.
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #281

Jaylyn landed on the ground, sighs and in draconic.

Show
    "Mars Mythic Fireballs Blast!"

4 meteors fly from Jaylyns outstretched hand toward Aurora.

Ranged touch attack 1: (1d20+15)[24] miss on 1 (1d2)[1] for (2d6)[3] non-lethal bludgeon damage
    Ranged touch attack 2: (1d20+15)[32] miss on 1 (1d2)[1] for (2d6)[10] non-lethal bludgeon damage
    Ranged touch attack 3: (1d20+15)[29] miss on 1 (1d2)[2] for (2d6)[9] non-lethal bludgeon damage
    Ranged touch attack 4: (1d20+15)[29] miss on 1 (1d2)[2] for (2d6)[9] non-lethal bludgeon damage

meteor 1 damage (6d6+6)[29] non-lethal fire damage
    meteor 2 damage (6d6+6)[27] non-lethal fire damage
    meteor 3 damage (6d6+6)[28] non-lethal fire damage
    meteor 4 damage (6d6+6)[28] non-lethal fire damage

Spoiler: Spellcraft 24
    Show
    Meteor Swarm

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora again braced herself against the flames, resisting damage. But she was again unable to shake off the coils, taking (1d6+6)[12] damage. Aurora looked pretty battered and singed, at that point.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-05-30 at 11:36 PM.
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #283

Jaylyn looking at Aurora knew she could keep pressing the attack but felt no need to do so. "Aurora I'm ending the spell constricting you, If you wish to continue we can but..." Jaylyn said ended in a pause knowing anything else she said could be misinterpreted negatively.

Jaylyn focused on the spell and forced it to end before any more damage could be done. while flying just off the ground ending up at N18.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

"I yield," Aurora said wryly, shrugging. "You did well with that enchantment, though it wasn't really necessary if the aim was to keep me from 'fleeing'... it is good to see you using some new tricks, though. I take it that means your training with Warrick went well?"
    The centaur rolled and pushed herself to her feet. She began brushing the dirt and fragments of wood off her back and side, wincing slightly when she touched bruises or blisters, and clucking her tongue slightly at the shards of wood that had pierced her hide.
    Spoiler: Sylvan
    Show
    "Heal."
    She muttered.
    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 21
    Show
    Heal
    Aurora's wounds and most of her burns and bruises disappeared.
    "Well Jaylyn, that was an interesting sparring match. I hope your confidence is restored," she said with a kind smile, "and I thank you for pointing out the gaps in my defenses. I can fix that. In fact, I think I'll go speak to Brynhildr about that right now," she said.

Aurora smiled and offered Jaylyn a friendly wave as she trotted out of the arena.
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #285

Jaylyn sighed a sigh of relief, "Thanks for the sparring, and I'm sorry bout the 'fleeing' comment, I kinda got carried away a little. Yea after doing some thinking I realized to should try and play to my strengths, so I did." She said dismissing her spells, "If you want to spar again I'd be happy to help you with anything."

Jaylyn waved to Aurora as the centaur trotted out of the arena.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After revealing his dream to Geiravor, she seemed to leave quickly so he figured the discussion was over, at least for now. Knowing that at least two of the others were practicing in the arena, Markas decided to join them. He arrived just as Jaylyn defeated Aurora and he applauded, "that was quite a sight. Would either of you care for a match against me? I want to see how well my training​paid off."
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287

Jaylyn looked over at the new voice, "Oh hey Markas, yea sure I'm game. What rules do you want to set up?" Jaylyn said flying over to Markas to hear him better.

18. - Top - End - #288

RedWizardGuy

"Same rules as the tournament, one prep round each?" Markas suggested. If the wards are still up, our abilities are still non-lethal, right?"
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289

"I'd agree but I'd like to add another rule, unlike the tourney if we feel we can't continue we're allowed to yield. Agreed?" Jaylyn replied.

20. - Top - End - #290

RedWizardGuy

"That's fine with me. I was even tempted to yield during my match," he admitted out loud, " which side do you want to use?"
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-05-31 at 09:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291

"Yea i was temped to yield during my fight vs Umbear. also I'll take the left side." Jaylyn said.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #293

RedWizardGuy

"Ok let's get started!" Markas announced.

Spoiler: elven
    Show
    "Flying carpet to me!"

Markas's flying carpet approached and he jumped on it and hovered 20' above the ground. He then got into a fighting stance, similar to the one he first observed Camille using...

Initiative: (1d20+4)[5]
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-05-31 at 09:31 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294

"Okay Markas here we go," Jaylyn said then she switched to Draconic

Show
    "TIME FREEZE!"

Spoiler: During stopped time
    Show

Show
    "what is seen is even more unseen"

Jaylyn Vanishes
    Show
    "From one comes many"

(1d4+6)[8] Jaylyn's appear
    Show
    "I'm not where I appear to be"

Jaylyn seems to shift positions

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 24
    Show
    Time stop

ini (1d20+9)[28]

"Okay Markas let's see if this works on you," Jaylyn said, then to herself "please don't hit the ground like Aurora did." Jaylyn then switched to draconic.

Show
    "Wyrms constrict him"

Markas begins to feel, what can only be described as, snakes beginning to constrict his movements.

Show
    Constricting Coils

25. - Top - End - #295

RedWizardGuy

Markas couldn't move, he couldn't even speak. He was already completely helpless, the charm he gained from participating in the tournament did not deflect Jaylyn's spell as he had hoped. He felt the invisible coils restricting him, attempting to squeeze the life out of him, but his training at least hardened his body to where the squeeze really didn't hurt at all....
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

Jaylyn noted that Markas couldn't move, but didn't the carpet he was on didn't fall to the ground much to her relief. She moved to L16 ascending up to match Markas height of 20 feet in the air.
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2017-06-01 at 10:11 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297

RedWizardGuy

The invisible Serpent's we're still holding him completely still, unable to harm him otherwise and Markas focused, feeling that he was so close to breaking the spell...
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298

Jaylyn double moves to L34, she looks at Markas and says "Alright I know you can't speak, but if you wish to yield quickly blink your eyes three time. I don't wish to do senseless damage if I don't have to."

29. - Top - End - #299

RedWizardGuy

Markas still couldn't move despite his best efforts. Past experience said there was no other way out other than surrender, so he blinked his eyes three times
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300

Jaylyn nodded becoming visible her quarterstaff inches from Markas's throat, she pulled it back then focused on the spell on Markas. "Coils begone" she said relaxing as she began to hover to the ground. "Thank you for the test Markas, I needed to see how this new improved build worked and so far I like what I'm seeing." Jaylyn bowed respectfully.