New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Default Trying to remember how I got started here

A long time ago I got a hold of what I think was a starter set to some roleplaying system, but I can't remember what it was. I remember it featured the PC as 'famous, but not particularly wealthy', a fight with a goblin, a cleric NPC who turns undead at one point, and a cliffhanger. Does anyone know what that was?
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Trying to remember how I got started here

That sounds like the Basic D&D players book (from the 1983 BECM or Mentzer edition).

The book starts with a sort-of play your own section to show what RPGs are about and that looks like it might be it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Trying to remember how I got started here

Quote Originally Posted by Khedrac View Post
    That sounds like the Basic D&D players book (from the 1983 BECM or Mentzer edition).

The book starts with a sort-of play your own section to show what RPGs are about and that looks like it might be it.
    Seconding this. If the name "Bargle" means anything to you, it's Basic D&D. You played a Fighter, and the NPC Cleric was called Aleena.