Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Depends on the context, really.

Physically, yeah, that was nothing.

Kinda here to get my mind off of stuff, cheer myself up.
    "Oh! Well. Anything I can help with? Anything you want to talk about? And if you'd like, I have some extra maps."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Moozikzesness

"Oooh. Burn cream is a good idea. And yeah, biochem is difficult, but, you know. It's worth the struggle, right? And I might not have a degree in medicing, but I have taken a handful of classes about it. Things like ointment, how they work, why they work, from a more 'what they're made of' perspective." It should also be noted that Grace basically looks mostly like she's right out of college. 22, 23 at most.

"Perhaps. But tools alone don't make a musician." Grace says, shaking her head slightly with a grin.
    "Very nice! I always wanted to learn. I just . . . don't know. Never did. Do you take requests?"
    [The M-Word no not mayonnaise]

Well, even if Grace looks like a college graduate, Strawberry assumes her to be older. Appearance frequently deceives in the Nexus, and Grace's accomplishments sound like many, many years of work went into them. "Well, if you think that's enough knowlede to make some new kind of cream... sorry, not that I'm telling you it's a bad idea, am really not, but I just pretty much know nothing about medicine, that's it, and people here have so many different biologies, and..." Strawberry hides her face in her huge hands for a second and sighs, then smiles at Grace. "I honestly hope you will succeed! Really. Besides, it can't be that difficult to make a proper burn cream. All you need to do is put a lot of acid in it, right?" Ah, a C-grade dad joke.

She can't hide a hint of pride in her voice. "Yeah, you're probably right, playing an instrument takes practice, first and foremost. And, all modesty aside, I practiced a lot to get to this level.
    Oh, don't worry about that. I started learning my first instrument when I was 62, and could play it fairly well just two or three years later. Even if you haven't even touched a piano yet, you might still become an excellent musician someday.
    You mean music requests? Um... I guess? But I only know a few pieces by heart, and can play a couple others reasonably well with sheet music. What do you want to hear? Maybe I got it in my library."
    Strawberry pulls her sturdy, waterproof smartphone out of her pocket and opens the sheet music app, awaiting Grace's request. There are actually over 700 pieces in her library.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Nick closes his eyes and thinks really hard about how cool it would be to have a cool time-stopping stand thingy or something awesome like that. A kid can dream.
    Though having put thought into this once, that isn't the sort he would get. Especially since his brother/future self Nick Sr might get one too due to timeline shenanigans. They're both more of the shooty type. More of a [.38 Special] or [Wild West Hero] shtick than a [World]. Seriously how is there not a stand called .38 Special? And-

Zebes stop hijacking my narration. Get out of here.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-06-11 at 05:25 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

[Portal]

Wenomir pauses awkwardly. Did it not occur to the goddess that he wants her to accept the soul, or is it impossible?

"I was thinking of sending the soul here, actually. But if that's impossible, I'll gladly listen about other options."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #305

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [The M-Word no not mayonnaise]

Well, even if Grace looks like a college graduate, Strawberry assumes her to be older. Appearance frequently deceives in the Nexus, and Grace's accomplishments sound like many, many years of work went into them. "Well, if you think that's enough knowlede to make some new kind of cream... sorry, not that I'm telling you it's a bad idea, am really not, but I just pretty much know nothing about medicine, that's it, and people here have so many different biologies, and..." Strawberry hides her face in her huge hands for a second and sighs, then smiles at Grace. "I honestly hope you will succeed! Really. Besides, it can't be that difficult to make a proper burn cream. All you need to do is put a lot of acid in it, right?" Ah, a C-grade dad joke.

She can't hide a hint of pride in her voice. "Yeah, you're probably right, playing an instrument takes practice, first and foremost. And, all modesty aside, I practiced a lot to get to this level.
    Oh, don't worry about that. I started learning my first instrument when I was 62, and could play it fairly well just two or three years later. Even if you haven't even touched a piano yet, you might still become an excellent musician someday.
    You mean music requests? Um... I guess? But I only know a few pieces by heart, and can play a couple others reasonably well with sheet music. What do you want to hear? Maybe I got it in my library."
    Strawberry pulls her sturdy, waterproof smartphone out of her pocket and opens the sheet music app, awaiting Grace's request. There are actually over 700 pieces in her library.
    Moozookz

"Oh yeah, I know you're not! No worries! The trick," Grace agrees, with a bit of a nod, "Is just what type of acid to use."

"Someday, maybe. Who knows! I just need to find an instrument I enjoy, and that I can make work, you know?" Possibly odd choice of words, but perhaps not. "Oh.
    Um. Truthfully, I don't have any names. Can you plaaaay something . . . ska?"

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Forest

Nick closes his eyes and thinks really hard about how cool it would be to have a cool time-stopping stand thingy or something awesome like that. A kid can dream.
    Though having put thought into this once, that isn't the sort he would get. Especially since his brother/future self Nick Sr might get one too due to timeline shenanigans. They're both more of the shooty type. More of a [.38 Special] or [Wild West Hero] shtick than a [World]. Seriously how is there not a stand called .38 Special? And-

Zebes stop hijacking my narration. Get out of here.
    Forest

Well, if he wishes hard enough, and if his player determines, he miiiight get one! Who knows! Only LDK knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Portal]

Wenomir pauses awkwardly. Did it not occur to the goddess that he wants her to accept the soul, or is it impossible?

"I was thinking of sending the soul here, actually. But if that's impossible, I'll gladly listen about other options."
    Portal

"I see. Judging purely by what you've told me, I don't feel comfortable with him being here." she says slowly. Not to try to emphasize anything, but in order to make sure she thinks about what she's saying, and is actually saying what she means. "And all I know about him is that he suicided in order to blame someone for his death. That does not sound like someone I want to have around here for eternity. I have families and children here, and need to think about them.
    I could potentially offer him temporary housing, if you need something soon, on the stipulation that if he does anything off, then he is right back out. Though, one of the people here with children is Grant, and so if this person does anything threatening, that might put his child in danger, heeeeeee wouldn't have a good time, I believe.

But I can offer him temporary housing, if that suffices."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh! Well. Anything I can help with? Anything you want to talk about? And if you'd like, I have some extra maps."
    Fel smiles wanly.

Well, y'know, just hoping to get my mind off my love life and its lack of activity.

My girlfriend broke up with me a while back and I've been unable to get back on the horse.

So I just wanna relax, maybe find a little inner peace, not think about girl troubles.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

7. - Top - End - #307

Fel smiles wanly.

Well, y'know, just hoping to get my mind off my love life and its lack of activity.

My girlfriend broke up with me a while back and I've been unable to get back on the horse.

So I just wanna relax, maybe find a little inner peace, not think about girl troubles.

Portal

"Oooh. I'm sorry to hear that.

Well! Then I'd suggest the gardens! Plenty of quiet space. Could set up next to a stream, and listen to it gurgle while enjoying the flowers. I know I like it there to take my mind off of things. If you'd like, I could go with you and show you the way, or if you'd like to make your own way, that is also wonderful."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

Moozookz

"Oh yeah, I know you're not! No worries! The trick," Grace agrees, with a bit of a nod, "Is just what type of acid to use."

"Someday, maybe. Who knows! I just need to find an instrument I enjoy, and that I can make work, you know?" Possibly odd choice of words, but perhaps not. "Oh.
    Um. Truthfully, I don't have any names. Can you plaaaay something . . . ska?"
    [Moo]

"Well, I think you'll need something that's strong enough for the burns and cheap enough for mass production. Like..." Strawberry goes through her knowledge about chemistry for a few seconds. It is not much. "...okay, I got nothing."

The mermaid raises an eyebrow? "That's... possibly an odd choice of words? Sounds like you already tried something?"

"Ska? That... Um... I think that's pretty far from what I usually play." She searches her library for pieces tagged with the requested genre. There's a few of them in there, but Strawberry has played almost none of theme yet, except... "Wait, I think I got you covered. There's actually a ska piece I've practiced recently because everyone is doing it, but I thought it was just a children's song or something."
    Strawberry places her phone showing the sheet music on the piano's holder, slightly taps her caudal fin in the floor to the not-yet audible beat, and then starts playing. This time, her timing is slightly off a few times, and she even gets two or three notes wrong, but it still sounds pretty excellent.

((I searched youtube for ska music, with little success, until it hit me. "Robbie Rotten... could it be?!"))
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-06-12 at 12:33 AM. Reason: added a line
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Portal

"Oooh. I'm sorry to hear that.

Well! Then I'd suggest the gardens! Plenty of quiet space. Could set up next to a stream, and listen to it gurgle while enjoying the flowers. I know I like it there to take my mind off of things. If you'd like, I could go with you and show you the way, or if you'd like to make your own way, that is also wonderful."
    I'd be delighted if you would show me the way.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

[Portal]

Wenomir rubs his chin.

"Can't say I blame you. I'm not a big fan of people who want to frame me, myself. Temporary housing isn't an option, unfortunately. The deal is for the long haul. So if you're not willing to keep him here, even if I were to repay the favour... I'll be happy to listen to other suggestions."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Nick opens his eyes. "So...what now? Do ya have fun stuff? How do I know if I get a stando?" he asks.
    He does seem to like rapid-fire questions. And it's true that if he suddenly got an ability he wouldn't necessarily know how to use it immediately.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Bugbear in the Playground

Forest

Stando is kind of a funny name, I think.

Yep. Alysha is still here. Her player didn't drop off the face of the planet.

Although, some of my summons have funny names. Like Stitch. But he's just funny overall, so that fits.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2017-06-13 at 05:32 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

13. - Top - End - #313

I'd be delighted if you would show me the way.
    "Of course!" With that, and after another slight bow, Naku leads the way to the gardens! The gardens are lovely, full of gurgling creeks with mossy stones, places to sit, and small rain-shelters. The flowers are, of course, mooostly pink, but with a decent variate of orange, lavender, white, and some very few darker reds.

[Moo]

"Well, I think you'll need something that's strong enough for the burns and cheap enough for mass production. Like..." Strawberry goes through her knowledge about chemistry for a few seconds. It is not much. "...okay, I got nothing."

The mermaid raises an eyebrow? "That's... possibly an odd choice of words? Sounds like you already tried something?"

"Ska? That... Um... I think that's pretty far from what I usually play." She searches her library for pieces tagged with the requested genre. There's a few of them in there, but Strawberry has played almost none of theme yet, except... "Wait, I think I got you covered. There's actually a ska piece I've practiced recently because everyone is doing it, but I thought it was just a children's song or something."
    Strawberry places her phone showing the sheet music on the piano's holder, slightly taps her caudal fin in the floor to the not-yet audible beat, and then starts playing. This time, her timing is slightly off a few times, and she even gets two or three notes wrong, but it still sounds pretty excellent.

((I searched youtube for ska music, with little success, until it hit me. "Robbie Rotten... could it be?!"))
    Moozik

"And thaaat is where I excel. I am very good with the 'cheap to produce loooots of' base, that can be easily modified and added to."

"A few things. Piano, guitar, harps. A few things and they just never really seemed to work."

"Yeah! Like that! That was awesome! Thank you~!" Grace was also tapping along, and was keeping rhythm actually quite well. "Very well played."

Forest

Nick opens his eyes. "So...what now? Do ya have fun stuff? How do I know if I get a stando?" he asks.
    He does seem to like rapid-fire questions. And it's true that if he suddenly got an ability he wouldn't necessarily know how to use it immediately.
    Forest

"Iiiii dunno! You'll have to find that out on your own! They're not always instant."

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Forest

Stando is kind of a funny name, I think.

Yep. Alysha is still here. Her player didn't drop off the face of the planet.

Although, some of my summons have funny names. Like Stitch. But he's just funny overall, so that fits.
    "Oooh. Neat! Mine is Purple Rain!"

[Portal]

Wenomir rubs his chin.

"Can't say I blame you. I'm not a big fan of people who want to frame me, myself. Temporary housing isn't an option, unfortunately. The deal is for the long haul. So if you're not willing to keep him here, even if I were to repay the favour... I'll be happy to listen to other suggestions."
    Portal

"Alllll right. If temp housing isn't an option, then I honestly think all I can do is ask around for you, see if anyone else would be willing to accept him. I do have some other gods on my Rolodex. I'll see what I can do."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

[Portal]

Wenomir nods.

"I would greatly appreciate it. It's our only option to avoid being defamed. If you have something Vigil can help you with, do not hesitate to ask."

15. - Top - End - #315
    Pixie in the Playground

Moozik

"And thaaat is where I excel. I am very good with the 'cheap to produce loooots of' base, that can be easily modified and added to."

"A few things. Piano, guitar, harps. A few things and they just never really seemed to work."

"Yeah! Like that! That was awesome! Thank you~!" Grace was also tapping along, and was keeping rhythm actually quite well. "Very well played."
    [Music]

"You really make chemistry sound like child's play." Strawberry comments, admiration in her voice - along with a very slight hint of bitterness. "And I thought the days of great scientific geniuses were pretty much over by the time spaceflight was achieved. Is chemistry the only field you're this talented in? Also, this 'cheap to produce loooots of' base, is it an actual chemical substance? Base as in opposite of acid?"

She clasps her hands. "Oh, that's wonderful! Trying instruments, I mean. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work out right away, learning an instrument takes persistence and practice. You don't have to be talented, not at all. I learned to play many instruments over the years, and each time I sounded absolutely terrible in the beginning. The piano is especially tricky, since learning the basics is really easy, but advancing your skill actually gets more and more difficult with each step. It's daunting, I know."

"I'm glad you liked it. Want to make another request?" Strawberry asks, beaming with joy (again? Or still?), while already thinking about what to play in case Grace doesn't request anything. Possibly switch to a different instrument? "Or... would you like to play something? Maybe?"
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-06-14 at 01:42 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

((Sadly Civvy hasn't met any of the beings I have that could help with souls and ghosts)).

Forest

"Well...okay! Is there anything else you want us to see, Miss Civvy? Do you need help with your ship?" he asks the vampire.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

"Of course!" With that, and after another slight bow, Naku leads the way to the gardens! The gardens are lovely, full of gurgling creeks with mossy stones, places to sit, and small rain-shelters. The flowers are, of course, mooostly pink, but with a decent variate of orange, lavender, white, and some very few darker reds.
    Fel follows Naku to the gardens, taken by the burbly creeks and the pretty flowers.

Yeah, this is nice.

I have never seen a place more lovely.

She lays down next to a creek.

Thank you for your assistance.

Could you leave me a map for later in case I decide to go wandering?

18. - Top - End - #318

[Music]

"You really make chemistry sound like child's play." Strawberry comments, admiration in her voice - along with a very slight hint of bitterness. "And I thought the days of great scientific geniuses were pretty much over by the time spaceflight was achieved. Is chemistry the only field you're this talented in? Also, this 'cheap to produce loooots of' base, is it an actual chemical substance? Base as in opposite of acid?"

She clasps her hands. "Oh, that's wonderful! Trying instruments, I mean. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work out right away, learning an instrument takes persistence and practice. You don't have to be talented, not at all. I learned to play many instruments over the years, and each time I sounded absolutely terrible in the beginning. The piano is especially tricky, since learning the basics is really easy, but advancing your skill actually gets more and more difficult with each step. It's daunting, I know."

"I'm glad you liked it. Want to make another request?" Strawberry asks, beaming with joy (again? Or still?), while already thinking about what to play in case Grace doesn't request anything. Possibly switch to a different instrument? "Or... would you like to play something? Maybe?"
    Music

"I mean- if by child's play you mean super fun, yeah, it really is! It's fascinating to see what does what, when combined with other things. As long as it remains harmless." Grace sounds honestly excited, and really passionate about it. "Geniuses, maybe. Who knows. I just like throwing stuff together and seeing what happens." Which is a silly, if not entirely inaccurate, way to describe how she just kind of mixes chemicals to see what they do (though with more notes, testing, and planning; and not fully randomly). "And by 'cheap base', I don't mean the opposite of acid, I mean, saaay, what flour is to a cake. It's the building block that you play with, modify, add other ingredients to, and use as the basis for your work."

"Yeah. I suppose that is definitely true! Starting anything is always a rough, difficult process. I suppose I should just find something, and just try to stick to it." Grace frowns in thought. She should do that. The trick was: with what?

"I could love to try something! Do. Uh. Do you have suggestions as to what?" She asks, looking around at the instruments on display.

((Sadly Civvy hasn't met any of the beings I have that could help with souls and ghosts)).

Forest

"Well...okay! Is there anything else you want us to see, Miss Civvy? Do you need help with your ship?" he asks the vampire.
    Forrist

((Oh wells.))

"Uhhhh. I mean. I can't think of anything. But we can definitely keep going around if you want to see more! Or we don't, and you come back and visit to see the reeest~"

Fel follows Naku to the gardens, taken by the burbly creeks and the pretty flowers.

Yeah, this is nice.

I have never seen a place more lovely.

She lays down next to a creek.

Thank you for your assistance.

Could you leave me a map for later in case I decide to go wandering?
    Gardens

"Of course." Naku replies, before reaching into a pocket to pull out a folded piece of paper. She offers it to Fel, before continuing with, "You are most welcome.
    I'm truly happy to help. Is there anything else I can do, or would you like to be alone with the flowers for some time?"

[Portal]

Wenomir nods.

"I would greatly appreciate it. It's our only option to avoid being defamed. If you have something Vigil can help you with, do not hesitate to ask."
    Portal

"I'll do what I can."

((Though, with the lack of other actual realms, I as the player am nooot fully sure what to try to do to help.))

"And I will keep that offer in mind, thank you. You as well; I would truly like to help, and on other requests I would do everything I can. I just cannot accept this one."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

[Portal]

((Wenomir can go look for other solutions, so don't worry about it.))

"I get it. If you learn of anything, just ask for Vigil and I'll be there," Wenomir says, before nodding and leaving. Unless Civvy has more to add.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Pixie in the Playground

Music

"I mean- if by child's play you mean super fun, yeah, it really is! It's fascinating to see what does what, when combined with other things. As long as it remains harmless." Grace sounds honestly excited, and really passionate about it. "Geniuses, maybe. Who knows. I just like throwing stuff together and seeing what happens." Which is a silly, if not entirely inaccurate, way to describe how she just kind of mixes chemicals to see what they do (though with more notes, testing, and planning; and not fully randomly). "And by 'cheap base', I don't mean the opposite of acid, I mean, saaay, what flour is to a cake. It's the building block that you play with, modify, add other ingredients to, and use as the basis for your work."

"Yeah. I suppose that is definitely true! Starting anything is always a rough, difficult process. I suppose I should just find something, and just try to stick to it." Grace frowns in thought. She should do that. The trick was: with what?

"I could love to try something! Do. Uh. Do you have suggestions as to what?" She asks, looking around at the instruments on display.
    [Music]

"By child's play I actually meant super easy. But if it's super fun as well, that's even better. Really sounds like you've found your dream job. Or dream jobs, also counting that NexusTube thing. Living the dream!" Strawberry smiles at Grace. It's a sincere smile, rooted in happiness for the young woman's success. Mostly sincere, at least.

"Another tip: don't compare yourself to others when you're just starting out. That only leads to demotivation and frustration."

For the first time since this scene started, Strawberry is the one who shrugs. "Well, I don't know how skilled you are with different instruments, so I can't really suggest anything. I never intended to. Just play what you feel like playing. If you need sheet music, I've got a lot on my phone, or you could ask the shop clerk." There's no shortage of instruments for Grace to choose from; piano, acoustic and electric guitar, harp, this room has it all.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-06-15 at 11:04 AM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

Gardens

"Of course." Naku replies, before reaching into a pocket to pull out a folded piece of paper. She offers it to Fel, before continuing with, "You are most welcome.
    I'm truly happy to help. Is there anything else I can do, or would you like to be alone with the flowers for some time?"
    Well, I think I'm okay for now, I'm sure you're busy and have stuffs to take care of, I'm gonna lay here for a while and zen out.

22. - Top - End - #322

[Portal]

((Wenomir can go look for other solutions, so don't worry about it.))

"I get it. If you learn of anything, just ask for Vigil and I'll be there," Wenomir says, before nodding and leaving. Unless Civvy has more to add.
    Portal

"Thank you. Good luck!" Civvy says with a bit of a bow, and a wave. She might not be able to help, but she does recognize that Wenomir has a difficult job, and does respect him for that; so gives him the respect she feels he deserves, rather than just vanishing herself.

[Music]

"By child's play I actually meant super easy. But if it's super fun as well, that's even better. Really sounds like you've found your dream job. Or dream jobs, also counting that NexusTube thing. Living the dream!" Strawberry smiles at Grace. It's a sincere smile, rooted in happiness for the young woman's success. Mostly sincere, at least.

"Another tip: don't compare yourself to others when you're just starting out. That only leads to demotivation and frustration."

For the first time since this scene started, Strawberry is the one who shrugs. "Well, I don't know how skilled you are with different instruments, so I can't really suggest anything. I never intended to. Just play what you feel like playing. If you need sheet music, I've got a lot on my phone, or you could ask the shop clerk." There's no shortage of instruments for Grace to choose from; piano, acoustic and electric guitar, harp, this room has it all.
    Music

Grace just kinda half shrugs, a tad embarrassed. "I mean, you know. Find what you like, right? I guess."

Grace nods again at the tip. "That makes sense. I will definitely avoid that."

Then, she has to 'hmmmm' a bit in thought. The piano wouldn't work. Nor would the guitar. Nor the harp. Nor the bass. Really, any strung instrument.
    HMMMMM.
    But, what about . . .
    "What about this?" She asks, picking up a pair of wooden sticks, both of which are about a foot and a half long, solid, and sitting next to a collection of odd cylinders arranged around a swivel chair.

Well, I think I'm okay for now, I'm sure you're busy and have stuffs to take care of, I'm gonna lay here for a while and zen out.
    "Then I will leave you to it." Naku says with one more bow. "I hope you enjoy your time here. If you need anyone, we'll be around." And with that, she vanishes.
    Well she doesn't fully vanish. She poofs away in a cloud of snowflakes that fall, and vanish before they hit the ground.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Pixie in the Playground

Music

Grace just kinda half shrugs, a tad embarrassed. "I mean, you know. Find what you like, right? I guess."

Grace nods again at the tip. "That makes sense. I will definitely avoid that."

Then, she has to 'hmmmm' a bit in thought. The piano wouldn't work. Nor would the guitar. Nor the harp. Nor the bass. Really, any strung instrument.
    HMMMMM.
    But, what about . . .
    "What about this?" She asks, picking up a pair of wooden sticks, both of which are about a foot and a half long, solid, and sitting next to a collection of odd cylinders arranged around a swivel chair.
    [Music]

Strawberry's smile fades away, now replaced with a more serious expression. "Well. That's a lot easier said than done, you know? It's really not easy getting a good job in a field you like, making a living from it, getting even a tiny bit of recognition and appreciation for what you do. Success is not a thing to be taken for granted, not at all."

Either the practice room is much bigger or much more cluttered than initially expected. "You tried the drums, too? Nice! As I said, go ahead, play whatever you like. Or..." Sometimes, you can tell when a person just got an idea. "Or we could play something together, maybe? Like, I could play a melody along to your beats? As the idiom says, a drummer never plays alone." Did Strawberry just make that idiom up? Possibly.

((At least I think you described a drumset?))
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-06-17 at 06:35 AM.

24. - Top - End - #324

[Music]

Strawberry's smile fades away, now replaced with a more serious expression. "Well. That's a lot easier said than done, you know? It's really not easy getting a good job in a field you like, making a living from it, getting even a tiny bit of recognition and appreciation for what you do. Success is not a thing to be taken for granted, not at all."

Either the practice room is much bigger or much more cluttered than initially expected. "You tried the drums, too? Nice! As I said, go ahead, play whatever you like. Or..." Sometimes, you can tell when a person just got an idea. "Or we could play something together, maybe? Like, I could play a melody along to your beats? As the idiom says, a drummer never plays alone." Did Strawberry just make that idiom up? Possibly.

((At least I think you described a drumset?))
    Museic

Grace nods a few times. "It is. And I am truly fortunate I found what I did. I will never take it for granted." This is definitely something she's thought about quite a lot. Many of her friends hadn't been as fortunate in finding jobs, and Grace really doesn't want to be the 'neener neener look what I have that you don't' sort of person.

The room is quite large. Definitely. Large enough for whatever's needed. "Oh, no, I definitely didn't. But it looks . . . therapeutic." Grace muses, sitting down on the stool. "I . . . uh. I don't know. How do I even hold these . . ." Grace asks, struggling slightly with the sticks. "And why are there so many things."
    Grace, it's really not that hard.

((Oh yes. Yes indeed))
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Pixie in the Playground

[Music]

The mermaid kinda sullenly looks at Grace for a few seconds, before her expression mellows and her gaze shifts down to the floor. Her face is turning a little blue and she fidgets with her finger webbing; Strawberry is clearly ashamed of something. She also doesn't really know what to say now, which puts them both in serious danger of..._____*awkward silence*

"Therapeutic? Well, you absolutely can hit it really hard, if that's what you mean. It's definitely fun!" Strawberry pushes herself away from the piano, towards the drum set. She picks up two cane rutes, which are basically a bunch of thin sticks strung together so you can hit a drum with them. "There's actually multiple ways to hold the sticks; the easiest one for beginners should be the American grip, I think." She demonstrates using the rutes. "Make sure to grab them firmly. They have to press up against your palms. And each of these 'many things' produce a different sound when you hit them. Like, if you want to play a basic beat, you... wait, is this turning into a drums lesson?", Strawberry asks, smirking. She greatly enjoys music, and she (kind of) enjoys helping others. How often had she imagined teaching someone an instrument someday. "I wouldn't mind if it did."

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

"Then I will leave you to it." Naku says with one more bow. "I hope you enjoy your time here. If you need anyone, we'll be around." And with that, she vanishes.
    Well she doesn't fully vanish. She poofs away in a cloud of snowflakes that fall, and vanish before they hit the ground.
    Coooooool.

Felandria lays back and closes her eyes, taking in the peace and quiet.

27. - Top - End - #327

[Music]

The mermaid kinda sullenly looks at Grace for a few seconds, before her expression mellows and her gaze shifts down to the floor. Her face is turning a little blue and she fidgets with her finger webbing; Strawberry is clearly ashamed of something. She also doesn't really know what to say now, which puts them both in serious danger of..._____*awkward silence*

"Therapeutic? Well, you absolutely can hit it really hard, if that's what you mean. It's definitely fun!" Strawberry pushes herself away from the piano, towards the drum set. She picks up two cane rutes, which are basically a bunch of thin sticks strung together so you can hit a drum with them. "There's actually multiple ways to hold the sticks; the easiest one for beginners should be the American grip, I think." She demonstrates using the rutes. "Make sure to grab them firmly. They have to press up against your palms. And each of these 'many things' produce a different sound when you hit them. Like, if you want to play a basic beat, you... wait, is this turning into a drums lesson?", Strawberry asks, smirking. She greatly enjoys music, and she (kind of) enjoys helping others. How often had she imagined teaching someone an instrument someday. "I wouldn't mind if it did."

Music

Well, it would put them into that state, except that Grace is actually pretty good at picking up on fidgets. "Are you okay? Is something wrong?"

Grace watches, and does her best to mimic, but seems to have a little bit of trouble figuring out exactly where the stick itself should rest. "I mean. Iiiiiis it? I know I wouldn't mind." She asks, lightly tapping one of the upper toms with one of the stick. It reacts relatively quietly, due to the lack of strength behind the tap.

Coooooool.

Felandria lays back and closes her eyes, taking in the peace and quiet.
    After a little bit of quiet, one of these shows up!
    Though it's okay. It's only about three feet long, and curiously slinks its way over to Fel, before nuzzling at her hand in much the way a curious puppy would.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Pixie in the Playground

Music

Well, it would put them into that state, except that Grace is actually pretty good at picking up on fidgets. "Are you okay? Is something wrong?"

Grace watches, and does her best to mimic, but seems to have a little bit of trouble figuring out exactly where the stick itself should rest. "I mean. Iiiiiis it? I know I wouldn't mind." She asks, lightly tapping one of the upper toms with one of the stick. It reacts relatively quietly, due to the lack of strength behind the tap.
    [Music]

Although Strawberry would rather dismiss it, she feels like she has to explain herself now. "Oh, no no, I'm really alright! No worries, it's just that, you know, I maybe might have gotten a tiny little bit envious." Her face is turning even bluer. "I'm sorry, that was stupid. It's just... you're successful, you're rich, you're a celebrity, yet you talked about it like it's all so easy. I thought 'why does she get everything while I get nothing?'. But that's stupid, I'm so sorry." In shame, Strawberry hides her face in her hands once more. Envious, even if Grace was clearly being modest, Strawberry is pretty modest too, and the mermaid sincerely complimented the chemist multiple times. The human mind works in strange ways.

"Yes, yes it probably is.", she says while maneuvering around the inexplicably huge drum set, coming to a stop next to Grace. Because it is so big, there's room for two drummers. And so, the lesson begins. And Strawberry is greatly enjoying it. ((We could possibly skip to the end of it?))
    How big the practice room actually is? Well, they haven't discovered the 150-ton cathedral organ behind that curtain yet.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-06-21 at 01:34 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

After a little bit of quiet, one of these shows up!
    Though it's okay. It's only about three feet long, and curiously slinks its way over to Fel, before nuzzling at her hand in much the way a curious puppy would.
    Felandria's hand is promptly nuzzled, she is briefly startled, but quickly realizes it is just curious.

Hey there, little guy.

What are you?

30. - Top - End - #330

[Music]

Although Strawberry would rather dismiss it, she feels like she has to explain herself now. "Oh, no no, I'm really alright! No worries, it's just that, you know, I maybe might have gotten a tiny little bit envious." Her face is turning even bluer. "I'm sorry, that was stupid. It's just... you're successful, you're rich, you're a celebrity, yet you talked about it like it's all so easy. I thought 'why does she get everything while I get nothing?'. But that's stupid, I'm so sorry." In shame, Strawberry hides her face in her hands once more. Envious, even if Grace was clearly being modest, Strawberry is pretty modest too, and the mermaid sincerely complimented the chemist multiple times. The human mind works in strange ways.

"Yes, yes it probably is.", she says while maneuvering around the inexplicably huge drum set, coming to a stop next to Grace. Because it is so big, there's room for two drummers. And so, the lesson begins. And Strawberry is greatly enjoying it. ((We could possibly skip to the end of it?))
    How big the practice room actually is? Well, they haven't discovered the 150-ton cathedral organ behind that curtain yet.
    Music

"Oh, oh no!" Grace replies, covering her mouth with one hand. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean that at all. Awww. I shouldn't have said so much. I- Um-" Grace doesn't really have any sort of follow up to that. "I'm- . . . I'm sorry. I shouldn't have bragged so much." She hadn't meant to be bragging; she just kinda thought she was answering questions and things.

Grace quite enjoys the lessons, though always seems to shy away from getting too physically close to Strawberry, and subtly maneuvering her hands so Strawberry never gets to take them, if she tries to do so. Her actions are subtle, and she's definitely done them a lot, but Strawberry can probably pick up on them.
    "Yeeey~"

. . .
    *draws the curtain a bit more closed*
    Nooo?
    ((Sorry this took a few days. Life got lifey.))

Felandria's hand is promptly nuzzled, she is briefly startled, but quickly realizes it is just curious.

Hey there, little guy.

What are you?
    The tiny dragon looks at her, then sits down suddenly, its tail wagging happily.
    Then it sneezes. In that sort of adorably derpy way dogs sneeze.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-06-24 at 03:23 AM.
    Show