New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Gardens

One description post!

However, this description doesn't touch on a few things Fel has probably seen by now, such as her relatively small stature, and her dark blue eyes.

Cherie shrugs. "I don't like to limit myself to any one discipline. For now, I go into the unknown as a red mage, but that could change as soon as tomorrow!" She chuckles. "A sorceress, though?
    I've never heard of that one, it must be of this world. What sorts of magic do you employ?"
    Felandria smiles.

I mostly have offensive spells, lightning is a personal favorite, but then again it would be, cause of my dad.

Plus there's the abilities I received by defeating a labyrinth a few years back, I can change size and shape at will.

What's the difference between a Red Mage and a.......not red Mage?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gardens

Cherie tilts her head and grins a little. "Shapeshifting? That's a new one to me. I'm sure you put it to great use."

"Well, we weave both white and black magics to create our spells, and keep them in balance. And sometimes we get up close and personal too," she adds, patting the hilt of the rapier at her side.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2017-07-21 at 12:12 AM.

3. - Top - End - #393

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Goo jokes are a squishy concept. My brain feels like slime, no goo-d jokes oozing out that I could fire back.]

"Oooohhhh Imperial units, I should have known, sorry. I know Imperial measurements, it's just that my brain is entrenched so deep in metric, that, you know, yeah. In my home world, it's basically all metric. Just the United Kingdom still uses Imperial stuff." She makes a vague hand gesture that doesn't really mean anything.

Strawberry's face clears up. "Ask whatever? Alrighty, will do!" She takes a deep breath. "How come you look exactly like a human? I've seen goo-people on TV before and met one or two, but they've all been really slimy and kinda translucent. And, sorry for getting so personal now but the curiosity is overwhelming me: how do you shower? Or bathe?"

Strawberry chuckles a little. "Not feeling pain is quite convenient, I know! Consider yourself lucky about that." Then, her smile fades, the sun's light grows dim and grey, sad piano music starts playing and the camera slowly zooms in on the mermaid's grey, traumatized face. "I- I still remember it...", she quietly says, her voice cracking, her watery eyes staring at something impossibly far away. "...back then, how I stubbed my toe." Then everything instantly goes back to being a sunny day on the beach, and Strawberry is smiling once again.

"No- you're- that- . . . it's all fine. I'm just glad we cleared it up, without, say, crashing a space probe or something."

"Ooooh man." Grace comments, grinning at the bombardment of questions. "First two first! Where I'm from, that right there is the difference between slime and goo. The ones you described, kinda slimy, no real set shape, exactly. More like glob of stuff that looks like hair? Kinda drippy? No legs at all? Yeah those are slimes.
    Whereas I!"
    Grace holds up a hand, and wiggles her fingers a bit. "Am all nicely defined, have shape, I have toesies, even actual hair. And that's goo. With me so far?
    As for why human: in shape, that's because it's common here, no one really suspects me of being anything else, and it makes people comfortable. But truly it could be anything. As for coloring, as you pointed out, yeah. I'm normally pretty much solid red, and pretty darn see through myself. Sooooo food dye. Lotta lotta food dye.
    As for bathing, I don't. Same reason I avoid the water. Showers though are fine. Something about the pressure behind the water just . . . like . . . it's weird. It's like. The new water is absorbed, makes all new fresh shiny everything, but the pressure behind it still knocks away any old stuff I had left over. So any excess I'd absorbed gets knocked away. Any non-normal extremities or shaping gets all reset. Showers just act as a big old reset button. Which has been surprisingly convenient.
    Also they're warm, which is nice."

But then there was only toe-stubbing. The dreaded, painfulest of all things.
    "That sounds . . . dreadful. Hark, for to stub one's toe, the worst of all human pains, is truly . . .
    Uh.
    The worst of human pains."
    Grace replies, mournfully, taking off her somber hat to look into the distance through the rain, philosophically.
    Not that there is any rain. Or a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Portal

I used to until it became less about skill and more about who has the most money. How about Munchkin? replies Harold.
    Portal

"Destroys too many friendships.
    Dark Souls?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Orc in the Playground

Gardens

Cherie tilts her head and grins a little. "Shapeshifting? That's a new one to me. I'm sure you put it to great use."

"Well, we weave both white and black magics to create our spells, and keep them in balance. And sometimes we get up close and personal too," she adds, patting the hilt of the rapier at her side.
    I didn't used to do much close combat, but my dad indirectly gave me a sword, and I'm, well, bigger now, so I'm much less afraid to get right in the middle of things.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Portal

Sure, been a while but sure replies Harold.

Also the irony of the goddess of hope suggesting that we play dark souls is not lost on me.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-07-21 at 02:30 AM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post

"No- you're- that- . . . it's all fine. I'm just glad we cleared it up, without, say, crashing a space probe or something."

"Ooooh man." Grace comments, grinning at the bombardment of questions. "First two first! Where I'm from, that right there is the difference between slime and goo. The ones you described, kinda slimy, no real set shape, exactly. More like glob of stuff that looks like hair? Kinda drippy? No legs at all? Yeah those are slimes.
    Whereas I!"
    Grace holds up a hand, and wiggles her fingers a bit. "Am all nicely defined, have shape, I have toesies, even actual hair. And that's goo. With me so far?
    As for why human: in shape, that's because it's common here, no one really suspects me of being anything else, and it makes people comfortable. But truly it could be anything. As for coloring, as you pointed out, yeah. I'm normally pretty much solid red, and pretty darn see through myself. Sooooo food dye. Lotta lotta food dye.
    As for bathing, I don't. Same reason I avoid the water. Showers though are fine. Something about the pressure behind the water just . . . like . . . it's weird. It's like. The new water is absorbed, makes all new fresh shiny everything, but the pressure behind it still knocks away any old stuff I had left over. So any excess I'd absorbed gets knocked away. Any non-normal extremities or shaping gets all reset. Showers just act as a big old reset button. Which has been surprisingly convenient.
    Also they're warm, which is nice."

But then there was only toe-stubbing. The dreaded, painfulest of all things.
    "That sounds . . . dreadful. Hark, for to stub one's toe, the worst of all human pains, is truly . . .
    Uh.
    The worst of human pains."
    Grace replies, mournfully, taking off her somber hat to look into the distance through the rain, philosophically.
    Not that there is any rain. Or a hat.
    [Bayside Beach]

As expected, Grace's answers only lead to even more questions. "Sssso, does that kinda mean you have to chug lotsa lotsa more food dye after every shower? That- that indeed sounds inconvenient, I think. And, is the entire population of your home world slimes and goos, or are there multiple sentient species? Or at least multiple forms of the same species?" The latter part is added because there's technically only humans in her own world, but they come in many, many shapes.
    "You... could truly be anything? Does that mean you can change your cup size at will as well? Yet you were having a giggle at me?" Now she's pouting again. Though it's not the kind of natural pout a pouting person makes when pouting, it's more of a stylized pout that a non-pouting person makes to mimic the pout of an actually pouting person to imply a pout while they're actually not pouty enough to pouty pout.

"That 'worst pain known to man' thing might not even be that exaggerated. Back when I was , I think, around 50 years old, and still had a natural human body, I stubbed my pinky toe on a big log of wood. But not just any kind of stubbing, I stubbed it so hard... well, I probably shouldn't go into grisly detail, let's just say I had one less pinky toe afterwards. That was definitely the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life. Childbirth was actually far more bearable. For me, at least." Strawberry makes a pained expression and curls the tip of her tail, as if she could still feel it.
    RP character has tragic backstory? Check.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-07-21 at 03:34 PM.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

7. - Top - End - #397

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Portal

Sure, been a while but sure replies Harold.

Also the irony of the goddess of hope suggesting that we play dark souls is not lost on me.
    Portal

"Sweet.
    And yeah. It might be ironic. But it's a really solid game, you know?"
    Civvy admits with a bit of a shrug. "We can go sit at Naku's place. I know she's got some electricity. Though I dunno if she has a couch yet. I'm sure it'll be fine."

[Bayside Beach]

As expected, Grace's answers only lead to even more questions. "Sssso, does that kinda mean you have to chug lotsa lotsa more food dye after every shower? That- that indeed sounds inconvenient, I think. And, is the entire population of your home world slimes and goos, or are there multiple sentient species? Or at least multiple forms of the same species?" The latter part is added because there's technically only humans in her own world, but they come in many, many shapes.
    "You... could truly be anything? Does that mean you can change your cup size at will as well? Yet you were having a giggle at me?" Now she's pouting again. Though it's not the kind of natural pout a pouting person makes when pouting, it's more of a stylized pout that a non-pouting person makes to mimic the pout of an actually pouting person to imply a pout while they're actually not pouty enough to pouty pout.

"That 'worst pain known to man' thing might not even be that exaggerated. Back when I was , I think, around 50 years old, and still had a natural human body, I stubbed my pinky toe on a big log of wood. But not just any kind of stubbing, I stubbed it so hard... well, I probably shouldn't go into grisly detail, let's just say I had one less pinky toe afterwards. That was definitely the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life. Childbirth was actually far more bearable. For me, at least." Strawberry makes a pained expression and curls the tip of her tail, as if she could still feel it.
    RP character has tragic backstory? Check.
    Beach

"Not chug so much as just . . . apply to the skin carefully. It doesn't take all that much if you do it that way, rather than trying to change eeeeverything. Since people only see the outer layer of skin,
    might as well just dye that part and leave the rest, you know?
    Muuuultiple sentient species. Definitely not just us. If anything, we're pretty rare out in the world at large, as we don't tend to stray far from lakes and things. And, since I know you're going to ask,"
    Grace says with a grin. She's at least assuuuuming Strawberry'll ask. "the world is basically full of just, like, . . . well everything. We have Lamias, and centaurs, and us of course, and catpeople, and dogpeople,
    and . . . yeah we got everything."
    She shrugs a bit, not really sure she could possibly get specific at all.
    "I mean, I, uh," she frowns a bit in thought. "Yeah. I. I suppose I could." Grace looks down at her feet, and kinda kicks at the sand a bit, kind of embarrassed after having giggled at Strawberry. It had just been really unexpected, and had nooot been what she had expected at all.

"Owwww." Grace replies to that with what could best be described by the O.o emoji on her face. "That . . . owwwwww."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Portal

Harold stands, and extends his hand towards Civvy.

Shall we?
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

9. - Top - End - #399

Gardens

"That's the way! Never be afraid to be in the thick of it, I always say." Cherie chuckles at her words, apparently there's some joke in there that would be lost on anyone else.

"Your father indirectly gave you a sword? Forgive me for saying, dear, but that hardly makes sense to me."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Pixie in the Playground

Beach

"Not chug so much as just . . . apply to the skin carefully. It doesn't take all that much if you do it that way, rather than trying to change eeeeverything. Since people only see the outer layer of skin,
    might as well just dye that part and leave the rest, you know?
    Muuuultiple sentient species. Definitely not just us. If anything, we're pretty rare out in the world at large, as we don't tend to stray far from lakes and things. And, since I know you're going to ask,"
    Grace says with a grin. She's at least assuuuuming Strawberry'll ask. "the world is basically full of just, like, . . . well everything. We have Lamias, and centaurs, and us of course, and catpeople, and dogpeople,
    and . . . yeah we got everything."
    She shrugs a bit, not really sure she could possibly get specific at all.
    "I mean, I, uh," she frowns a bit in thought. "Yeah. I. I suppose I could." Grace looks down at her feet, and kinda kicks at the sand a bit, kind of embarrassed after having giggled at Strawberry. It had just been really unexpected, and had nooot been what she had expected at all.

"Owwww." Grace replies to that with what could best be described by the O.o emoji on her face. "That . . . owwwwww."
    [beach outside of civvylization]

"Oh. Well that totally makes more sense, yeah." Strawberry grins. "So you're basically using food colouring like skin care products? Flawless, tan skin after just one use!"
    "Does this 'everything' also inclu..." She's interrupted by her phone ringing. "Oh? Sorry, would you excuse me for a second?" The mermaid pulls the sturdy, waterproof smartphone out of her dress' pocket (the thing has pockets?). She looks at the caller's number. It is a known number, already saved in her contacts list. Her own Nope instant messenger account. "I'm getting a call from my own laptop? How does that even work? I thought I had turned it off." Strawberry picks up, and before she can say anything or even hold the phone to her ear, a distorted voice starts yelling with utmost fury:
    "You worthless bag of trash weren't sent to HALO just to get away with it!
    You weren't sent to Civiron just to get away with it!
    You are not innocent!
    You know you're not innocent!
    Don't act so innocent, innocent, innocent!
    Your first two children!
    The escaping fishing trawler!
    Your friend and the cindernose!
    Your lonely husband!
    Why are you such a bi***?
    You le..."
    Strawberry hurls her phone away as if her life depended on it. The device flies at least 200 meters / 650 feet seawards, before plopping into the murky water.
    The mermaid is staring after her phone, breathing heavily, her hands shaking and tears forming in her eyes, a look of horror on her face.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground

Gardens

"That's the way! Never be afraid to be in the thick of it, I always say." Cherie chuckles at her words, apparently there's some joke in there that would be lost on anyone else.

"Your father indirectly gave you a sword? Forgive me for saying, dear, but that hardly makes sense to me."
    Oh, well, my party and I were exploring a dungeon, we found the sword, and as soon as I touched it, I got that feeling that it belonged to me, and it turned out it did.

We later found a portal and the sword was the key, and that portal brought me to my father.

I hadn't met him before that moment.

12. - Top - End - #402

Gardens

Cherie hmmm's after hearing the story. "You truly hadn't met him before? That's a shame, but I am happy it's resolved.

"Still, my dear, your father must have some quite power to lock a portal behind a sword."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2017-07-25 at 10:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

Gardens

Cherie hmmm's after hearing the story. "You truly hadn't met him before? That's a shame, but I am happy it's resolved.

"Still, my dear, your father must have some quite power to lock a portal behind a sword."
    He does, his name is Zeus.

He's..........a god.

14. - Top - End - #404

Gardens

"...I'm afraid the name doesn't ring a bell, Felandria dear." Well, that's a whole bunch of worlds that Cherie definitely didn't come from now.

"Still, the daughter of a god? That's quite the pedigree, although I doubt it's where you get your appearance."

15. - Top - End - #405

[beach outside of civvylization]

"Oh. Well that totally makes more sense, yeah." Strawberry grins. "So you're basically using food colouring like skin care products? Flawless, tan skin after just one use!"
    "Does this 'everything' also inclu..." She's interrupted by her phone ringing. "Oh? Sorry, would you excuse me for a second?" The mermaid pulls the sturdy, waterproof smartphone out of her dress' pocket (the thing has pockets?). She looks at the caller's number. It is a known number, already saved in her contacts list. Her own Nope instant messenger account. "I'm getting a call from my own laptop? How does that even work? I thought I had turned it off." Strawberry picks up, and before she can say anything or even hold the phone to her ear, a distorted voice starts yelling with utmost fury:
    "You worthless bag of trash weren't sent to HALO just to get away with it!
    You weren't sent to Civiron just to get away with it!
    You are not innocent!
    You know you're not innocent!
    Don't act so innocent, innocent, innocent!
    Your first two children!
    The escaping fishing trawler!
    Your friend and the cindernose!
    Your lonely husband!
    Why are you such a bi***?
    You le..."
    Strawberry hurls her phone away as if her life depended on it. The device flies at least 200 meters / 650 feet seawards, before plopping into the murky water.
    The mermaid is staring after her phone, breathing heavily, her hands shaking and tears forming in her eyes, a look of horror on her face.
    Beach

"Baaaasically. At least for coloring. The smooth actu-ooh, okay." Grace started to explain more, before getting cut off by the phone.

"Are- . . . are you okay? W-what was that?" She asks, sounding very much worried.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Orc in the Playground

Gardens

"...I'm afraid the name doesn't ring a bell, Felandria dear." Well, that's a whole bunch of worlds that Cherie definitely didn't come from now.

"Still, the daughter of a god? That's quite the pedigree, although I doubt it's where you get your appearance."
    Well, kinda.

When I stuck the sword into the dais to open the portal, it didn't fit, so I cast an enlargement spell on myself, and the sword fit in the slot, but when we went through the the portal to my father's home, I just stayed this big.

When you find out you're descended from a god, something awakens in you and it unlocks your inner divinity, so it's kinda like I was always supposed to be like this, I just didn't know it.

Felandria gives Sniffy additional scritches, Fel hasn't forgotten Sniffy.

Do you have Storm Giants in your realm?

17. - Top - End - #407
    Pixie in the Playground

Beach

"Baaaasically. At least for coloring. The smooth actu-ooh, okay." Grace started to explain more, before getting cut off by the phone.

"Are- . . . are you okay? W-what was that?" She asks, sounding very much worried.
    [Peach]

"A-ahh... that... I don't know what it was. Must've been a prank call maybe?" Strawberry takes a deep breath, wipes away the water accumulating in her eyes and tries to smile convincingly. "I- I'm okay, no worries!" Every lie detector within a 6 kilometer radius goes off. "Aaaaand I think I may have made a mistake possibly. I kinda need my phone. Could... um- could you maybe call me if it's not a bother, please? You know, so I can find my phone underwater. My number is XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX."

18. - Top - End - #408

Gardens

Cherie thinks for a moment or two, before looking back up at Fel. "I don't think so, no. Mind, I haven't seen all of my world yet, so that could be false information. Are you a Storm Giant? I'd certainly remember a species that took after you."

19. - Top - End - #409
    Orc in the Playground

Gardens

Fel blushes slightly.

Partly.

My mother is an elf, my father, well, gods can take many forms, and when he and my mother, y'know, suffice to say, in my world, he was a Storm Giant.

What's your world like?

20. - Top - End - #410

[Peach]

"A-ahh... that... I don't know what it was. Must've been a prank call maybe?" Strawberry takes a deep breath, wipes away the water accumulating in her eyes and tries to smile convincingly. "I- I'm okay, no worries!" Every lie detector within a 6 kilometer radius goes off. "Aaaaand I think I may have made a mistake possibly. I kinda need my phone. Could... um- could you maybe call me if it's not a bother, please? You know, so I can find my phone underwater. My number is XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX."
    Beechee

"Nnnno. No I don't think that was okay." Grace replies, frowning. "Yeah, I can do that. But then we should go visit your house. You probably have a visitor there . . ." With that, unless Strawberry wants to head back to her house now and come for the phone in a bit Grace does dial her phone, as requested.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411

Gardens

Cherie chuckles and winks at Felandria when she notices the blushing. She does that a lot for some reason.

"Elf? I think I've heard that term before, but everyone that calls themselves so just look like Elezen to me." She shrugs. "I guess it's all a matter of perspective."

"Ah, Hydaelyn is a world I am glad to call home. Magics abound, and an adventure nearly always around the corner. There've been some troubles lately, but it is a wonderful land that I am proud to hail from."

22. - Top - End - #412
    Pixie in the Playground

Beechee

"Nnnno. No I don't think that was okay." Grace replies, frowning. "Yeah, I can do that. But then we should go visit your house. You probably have a visitor there . . ." With that, unless Strawberry wants to head back to her house now and come for the phone in a bit Grace does dial her phone, as requested.
    [Where liquid ice and really, really tiny rocks meet]

"T- thank you. You're helpful." Strawberry says and immediately starts rolling towards the sea. Moving your own wheelchair over sand looks pretty difficult, but she manages it. The mermaid rolls right into waist-deep water, before leaving it and diving into the rather murky depths. Not that the water is acually deep (50cm), it's just a figure of speech.

If Grace waits the whole time, Strawberry will reappear two or three minutes later, holding the phone triumphantly into the air. Though she doesn't look happy. Sitting in her chair again, she rolls back onto dry land.

"Ummm, about the 'visit my home' thing... I really appreciate the offer, but- uhh- my grill job starts in, like, twenty minutes, so I pretty much have to go home fast, change,..." Because now her dress and hijab are absolutely soaked with not too clean seawater. "...a- and leave right away again. And my apartment isn't really a great place to visit, and if there's a burglar I probably can handle them, and..." As if Strawberry wanted to talk Grace out of accompanying her home, for reasons unknown.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground

Gardens

Cherie chuckles and winks at Felandria when she notices the blushing. She does that a lot for some reason.

"Elf? I think I've heard that term before, but everyone that calls themselves so just look like Elezen to me." She shrugs. "I guess it's all a matter of perspective."

"Ah, Hydaelyn is a world I am glad to call home. Magics abound, and an adventure nearly always around the corner. There've been some troubles lately, but it is a wonderful land that I am proud to hail from."
    Oh dear, what kind of troubles?

24. - Top - End - #414

Garden

Cherie shrugs. "Oh, an empire with dreams of conquest, the tribes of beastmen and their aims, a millenia-old war between dragon and man. Nothing I can't handle, I assure you."

25. - Top - End - #415

[Where liquid ice and really, really tiny rocks meet]

"T- thank you. You're helpful." Strawberry says and immediately starts rolling towards the sea. Moving your own wheelchair over sand looks pretty difficult, but she manages it. The mermaid rolls right into waist-deep water, before leaving it and diving into the rather murky depths. Not that the water is acually deep (50cm), it's just a figure of speech.

If Grace waits the whole time, Strawberry will reappear two or three minutes later, holding the phone triumphantly into the air. Though she doesn't look happy. Sitting in her chair again, she rolls back onto dry land.

"Ummm, about the 'visit my home' thing... I really appreciate the offer, but- uhh- my grill job starts in, like, twenty minutes, so I pretty much have to go home fast, change,..." Because now her dress and hijab are absolutely soaked with not too clean seawater. "...a- and leave right away again. And my apartment isn't really a great place to visit, and if there's a burglar I probably can handle them, and..." As if Strawberry wanted to talk Grace out of accompanying her home, for reasons unknown.
    The Big Lake Of Liquid Ice

Grace does, indeed, wait.
    But then she has to shake her head a bit. "Nnnnnnnooooo. I'd much rather go with you. If there's a burglar, your job will definitely forgive you. And if there's someone in there, two sets of eyes will be better than just one.
    Plus, I'm actually pretty skilled at dealing with burglars myself."
    She might not look it -- like, at all --, but Grace definitely has a few tricks up her sleeves!
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Pixie in the Playground

The Big Lake Of Liquid Ice

Grace does, indeed, wait.
    But then she has to shake her head a bit. "Nnnnnnnooooo. I'd much rather go with you. If there's a burglar, your job will definitely forgive you. And if there's someone in there, two sets of eyes will be better than just one.
    Plus, I'm actually pretty skilled at dealing with burglars myself."
    She might not look it -- like, at all --, but Grace definitely has a few tricks up her sleeves!
    [Bayside Beach --> Strawberry's Apartment]
    ((But we also don't have to switch to the Home thread, right? Also, here I go again with chain actions, to speed things up just a little. If it's too quick, just tell me.))

Strawberry bites her lip and looks down to the sandy ground. She really really doesn't want Grace to be around should whoever just called decide to reveal more of the things she's trying to keep secret. Also, she would go bright blue with shame if Grace saw how her apartment looks like. But Strawberry is also too spineless to firmly refuse.
    "I- I guess you could come with me, then.", she mumbles, noticeably unsure, before looking back up to Grace. "My apartment is really not very far from here. Like, three minutes on foot, maybe. Let's go, then?"

Strawberry will keep rather quiet while on the move. If Grace doesn't suddenly object, and nothing of significance happens or is said on the way, they will soon reach a narrow side-road sandwiched in between dismal, industrial-looking apartment buildings. Only one of them doesn't have a step in front of the door. That's where she lives. On the ground floor, to be precise, because these buildings have steep stairs and no elevators. "Alright Grace, are you ready? I'll go in first."

With her hands still shaking, Strawberry unlocks the door to her apartment and rolls inside, ready for the worst. "Men oraldım!", she calls, although it's more like a feeble sigh today. Not that anyone would answer, she just made a habit out of announcing her return because she thinks her pet mice might be happy to hear her voice. Also, to scare the potential burglar.
    Strawberry's apartment is really not that great of a place to begin with. It's only got one long, narrow room used for everything, in addition to a tiny bathroom. It's old, not clean, and there are little damages everywhere, both on the structure and on the furniture. Okay, except for the plaster and paint on the walls, those have heavy damage. This photo might be a point of reference.
    Immediately, she looks over to the table, where the weak, old laptop sits - and gets a major scare. The device is turned on, and Nope is running, with her cellphone number still displayed on the virtual dial. No, she definitely didn't leave the laptop running like that! And her keen sniffer picks up something, too: "It smells of a stranger." Then, a faint sound reaches her ears, a sound too high-pitched for a human ear to pick up on. The pained sqeaking of a mouse.
    Forget about the laptop. Strawberry rolls over to the drawer with the mouse cage on top, and sees all three of her furry darlings motionlessly lying in the sawdust, instead of scurrying around as usual. "Ne... o saz o saz o saz siz nawqassız ba?" She opens the door and reaches inside, picking up Amir the black mouse with her long fingers. He squeals in pain, and Strawberry soon notices why: all four of his legs are horribly twisted and broken. She gets so big of a shock that she inadvertently drops him. Amir squeals more. "O qudayım keşiriņiz! Ökinişti keşiriņiz!", she cries, tears starting to stream down her face. Strawberry looks over to Grace, terror and utter helplessness written all over her face.

((The following spoiler contains the reeeaaally long epilogue I had already written. It doesn't happen, of course. You don't have to read it if you don't want to, but it would be nice to get your honest opinion on it, since I barely ever write sad scenes. Up until the red line, it's identical to the paragraphs above, except Strawberry's lines are in English. Because there's nobody present to not understand her :P ))
    Spoiler
    Show
    With her hands still shaking, Strawberry unlocks the door to her apartment and rolls inside, ready for the worst. "I'm home!", she calls, although it's more like a feeble sigh today. Not that anyone would answer, she just made a habit out of announcing her return because she thinks her pet mice might be happy to hear her voice. Also, to scare the potential burglar.
    Strawberry's apartment is really not that great of a place to begin with. It's only got one long, narrow room used for everything, in addition to a tiny bathroom. It's old, not clean, and there are little damages everywhere, both on the structure and on the furniture. Okay, except for the plaster and paint on the walls, those have heavy damage. This photo might be a point of reference.
    Immediately, she looks over to the table, where the weak, old laptop sits - and gets a major scare. The device is turned on, and Nope is running, with her cellphone number still displayed on the virtual dial. No, she definitely didn't leave the laptop running like that! And her keen sniffer picks up something, too: the smell of a stranger. Then, a faint sound reaches her ears, a sound too high-pitched for a human ear to pick up on. The pained sqeaking of a mouse.
    Forget about the laptop. Strawberry rolls over to the drawer with the mouse cage on top, and sees all three of her furry darlings motionlessly lying in the sawdust, instead of scurrying around as usual. "What... oh no oh no oh no are you sick?" She opens the door and reaches inside, picking up Amir the black mouse with her long fingers. He squeals in pain, and Strawberry soon notices why: all four of his legs are horribly twisted and broken. She gets so big of a shock that she inadvertently drops him. Amir squeals more. "Oh god I'm sorry I'm so sorry I'm sorry!", she cries, tears starting to stream down her face.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Oh god! Don't worry boy, I'll get someone to fix you! You'll be alright, I promise! You all three will be alright!"

Never promise something you can't make happen. Even though Strawberry called multiple vets and healers, none of them is willing to work for (almost) free. And none of her "friends" are willing to lend her money, because they know she might not be able to pay it back. If only she hadn't lost her job at the construction firm over that HALO incident, then her savings would never have dwindled this much. Wages in Bayside are madness.
    She's sitting at the table, weeping. Lying on front of her, on the cold, wooden surface, are the three mice. They remain almost motionless while their mommy gently pets them with one finger, as to not put pressure on their broken legs. "Oh, what shall I do? What can I do?" Wait. There is someone? Strawberry looks at her phone. Grace's number is still at the top of the call list. Maybe... ask her for money? But Grace had already offered to buy a really expensive chair for the mermaid, and a powerful new laptop, and possible some other things, too. Asking for even more just doesn't feel right. Then again... Grace knows the goddess of hope personally. What about her? Strawberry's gaze wanders over to the bedside table, where a Quran rests. The book hasn't been opened in almost a month now. She looks back at her phone. This doesn't feel right. Nothing feels right.
    Strawberry just stares at the phone screen.
    Unsure.
    For a solid 10 minutes.
    Until Lida, the beige mouse, does a complete roll-over. For seemingly no reason, and obviously under great pain. Strawberry is schocked."No, Lida, what are you doing?! Rest!" The mouse makes another full sideways roll. The one trick her mommy had taught her. "You... no!... why- don't do it, I'll give you all the treats you want, but please stay still!" The mermaid rushes over to the fridge, gets the sliced chicken breast, and rolls back to the table. But when Lida smells the delicious meat, she only makes two more rolls. "Here, eat as much as you want! Please, stop moving... stop suffering. ", Strawberry cries and places a piece of meat directly in front of the beige mouse, who starts nibbling away. Without joy in her tiny face. Amir starts moving backwards, a trick that must surely put immense strain on his broken legs. He is squealing in pain, his eyes are bulging, but the smell of delicious meat drives him. "Why... why are you doing this... stay still, please..." Amir continues walking backwards. "STOP MOVING!", Strawberry screeches, bringingt the palm of her hand down upon the black mouse with enough force to crack the wooden table. Petrified, she tays like that for a few seconds, realizing what she just did. Slowly, she turns her hand around. What's left of Amir is sticking to it. Strawberry vomits on the floor.

Crying and sobbing like a small child, Strawberry loads the clip into her submachine gun and unlocks the weapon. It has to be done. There is no telling if such horribly broken legs can even be fixed, both by medical and magical means. And one family member has already departed. Lida is still gorging herself on chicken breast, but there is no joy in her little face. Zulfa, the white mouse, doesn't touch hers. In fact, she hasn't moved a muscle the whole time.
    Strawberry points the gun's muzzle at Lida's head. Zulfa would have to be the last to depart this world.
    Strawberry hesitates.
    Her hands, and therefore also the gun, are shaking violently.
    Unsure.
    She stays like this for a solid 10 minutes.
    Until she finally pulls the trigger.
    "I'm sorry."

When Strawberry finally forces herself to get some spare cloth to give the mice a proper burial, her hearts literally skip two beats. There, in the drawer, on top of the spare cloth, lies a handwritten note. "If I give you instructions, you will follow."

For the next 4 days, Strawberry doesn't eat anything. She cries herself to sleep. She loses her part-time job at the beach BBQ. She doesn't leave her apartment. She doesn't even enjoy music.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Orc in the Playground

Garden

Cherie shrugs. "Oh, an empire with dreams of conquest, the tribes of beastmen and their aims, a millenia-old war between dragon and man. Nothing I can't handle, I assure you."
    Well, that all sounds pretty standard, actually.

Fel grins.

So, we could lay down here for a bit, enjoy the peace.

Or we could go check out that little town, maybe get a bite to eat?

28. - Top - End - #418

[Bayside Beach --> Strawberry's Apartment]
    ((But we also don't have to switch to the Home thread, right? Also, here I go again with chain actions, to speed things up just a little. If it's too quick, just tell me.))

Strawberry bites her lip and looks down to the sandy ground. She really really doesn't want Grace to be around should whoever just called decide to reveal more of the things she's trying to keep secret. Also, she would go bright blue with shame if Grace saw how her apartment looks like. But Strawberry is also too spineless to firmly refuse.
    "I- I guess you could come with me, then.", she mumbles, noticeably unsure, before looking back up to Grace. "My apartment is really not very far from here. Like, three minutes on foot, maybe. Let's go, then?"

Strawberry will keep rather quiet while on the move. If Grace doesn't suddenly object, and nothing of significance happens or is said on the way, they will soon reach a narrow side-road sandwiched in between dismal, industrial-looking apartment buildings. Only one of them doesn't have a step in front of the door. That's where she lives. On the ground floor, to be precise, because these buildings have steep stairs and no elevators. "Alright Grace, are you ready? I'll go in first."

With her hands still shaking, Strawberry unlocks the door to her apartment and rolls inside, ready for the worst. "Men oraldım!", she calls, although it's more like a feeble sigh today. Not that anyone would answer, she just made a habit out of announcing her return because she thinks her pet mice might be happy to hear her voice. Also, to scare the potential burglar.
    Immediately, she looks over to the table, where the weak, old laptop sits - and gets a major scare. The device is turned on, and Nope is running, with her cellphone number still displayed on the virtual dial. No, she definitely didn't leave the laptop running like that! And her keen sniffer picks up something, too: "It smells of a stranger." Then, a faint sound reaches her ears, a sound too high-pitched for a human ear to pick up on. The pained sqeaking of a mouse.
    Forget about the laptop. Strawberry rolls over to the drawer with the mouse cage on top, and sees all three of her furry darlings motionlessly lying in the sawdust, instead of scurrying around as usual. "Ne... o saz o saz o saz siz nawqassız ba?" She opens the door and reaches inside, picking up Amir the black mouse with her long fingers. He squeals in pain, and Strawberry soon notices why: all four of his legs are horribly twisted and broken. She gets so big of a shock that she inadvertently drops him. Amir squeals more. "O qudayım keşiriņiz! Ökinişti keşiriņiz!", she cries, tears starting to stream down her face. Strawberry looks over to Grace, terror and utter helplessness written all over her face.
    Strawberry's Apartment

"Then onwards we go!" Grace replies, before offering to push the wheelchair there, if Strawberry would like.
    Either way, they arrive fairly quickly, presumably!

Grace doesn't make much comment until they arrive at the apartment. Upon arrival, she just frowns slightly, and her brow furrows in thought a bit. "You know what. I don't like it. You deserve far better than this." She pauses, before nodding a few times. "Yeah. Yeah, I have a house I'm not using any more, since I'm apparently being kidnapped into Civvy's place. I can get you the keys.
    And before you say no, take your time to think about it. If it makes you feel better about using it, and not simply accepting charity, I could charge you rent if you would like. But it would be reasonable. Say, $10 a month, plus the house payment I have to make already, since you'd be the one using it. And you'd be on your own for food, since I don't really need it or store any there."

This particular comment carried into once they entered the place as well, and Grace got a chance to look around.

And then the mice.
    Grace's eyes widen a bit upon seeing the poor mice, and she manages to react with enough time to help out the mouse that fell. Grace drops to one knee, and slides her opposite leg out towards Strawberry, which has the effect of sending a fairly thick layer of -- conveniently enough strawberry -- red goo across the floor. This comes to rest under where Amir lands, and acts as a very nice cushion for his fall.
    "Move, quickly." Unless Strawberry objects at all -- and if she does Grace will simply beg her to trust her, and attempt to continue anyway -- she gently picks up Amir, plucks a strand of her still-pink hair, and gently wrap it around the mouse. As she does, she whispers a quiet little prayer to Civvy herself, and casts a healing spell that should be powerful enough to fix Amir right up.
    Assuming it works, she looks to repeat it on the other mice as well.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419

Gardens

"Why my dear, are you asking me on a date?" Cherie chuckles, and it should be clear to Felandria that she was joking. "It is up to you. I would prefer heading into the town, myself, but I would quite enjoy either, in such pleasant company."

30. - Top - End - #420
    Pixie in the Playground

Strawberry's Apartment

"Then onwards we go!" Grace replies, before offering to push the wheelchair there, if Strawberry would like.
    Either way, they arrive fairly quickly, presumably!

Grace doesn't make much comment until they arrive at the apartment. Upon arrival, she just frowns slightly, and her brow furrows in thought a bit. "You know what. I don't like it. You deserve far better than this." She pauses, before nodding a few times. "Yeah. Yeah, I have a house I'm not using any more, since I'm apparently being kidnapped into Civvy's place. I can get you the keys.
    And before you say no, take your time to think about it. If it makes you feel better about using it, and not simply accepting charity, I could charge you rent if you would like. But it would be reasonable. Say, $10 a month, plus the house payment I have to make already, since you'd be the one using it. And you'd be on your own for food, since I don't really need it or store any there."

This particular comment carried into once they entered the place as well, and Grace got a chance to look around.

And then the mice.
    Grace's eyes widen a bit upon seeing the poor mice, and she manages to react with enough time to help out the mouse that fell. Grace drops to one knee, and slides her opposite leg out towards Strawberry, which has the effect of sending a fairly thick layer of -- conveniently enough strawberry -- red goo across the floor. This comes to rest under where Amir lands, and acts as a very nice cushion for his fall.
    "Move, quickly." Unless Strawberry objects at all -- and if she does Grace will simply beg her to trust her, and attempt to continue anyway -- she gently picks up Amir, plucks a strand of her still-pink hair, and gently wrap it around the mouse. As she does, she whispers a quiet little prayer to Civvy herself, and casts a healing spell that should be powerful enough to fix Amir right up.
    Assuming it works, she looks to repeat it on the other mice as well.
    [apartment that has mice]

Strawberry did decline the offer to be pushed. She hates it, although she would never admit that to anyone so kind to offer a helping hand.

When Grace cushions Amir's fall, Strawberry's mouth hangs open in surprise and amazement. Although with how horribly broken his little legs are, even falling into the goo means excruciating pain for him. Likewise, no matter how gently Grace tries to pick him up and tie the hair around him, he will squeal in pain. Strawberry doesn't try to stop Grace's actions, but seeing her darling suffer in the goo-woman's hands makes the mermaid hold her breath and clench her fists.
    Then, Amir is healed. Strawberry can't believe her eyes for a second, even after wiping the copious amounts of tears out of them. The black mouse immediately starts doing what he does best: give Grace's thumb cute little kisses. And then Strawberry's thumb, after Grace hands him over (presumably?). Then, the same procedure is done to Lida, the beige mouse. Then to Zulfa, the white mouse, who doesn't even squeal when handled, as if she had already accepted her fate.
    Crying tears of joy, Strawberry holds her three mice in the palm of her hand, petting and cuddling them. But they, on the figurative other hand, are way too stressed and frightened to cuddle right back, so Strawberry puts them back in their cage to calm down a little. Then, she turns to Grace and gives her a hug. But not just any hug. A very firm, very long squeeze, as if she wouldn't want to let go. She's so happy that she even gives Grace a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you! I'm so sorry so sorry I... I almost... *sigh* Of course I... the house- I... tea..." Strawberry stammers, while still not letting go of now-deformed Grace. Perhaps she needs a moment.